MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by areallycoolguy View Post
    i dont think its a good call. warren's win was somewhat fortuitous, not a play i wouldve felt good about after the fight.

he basically won because of horrible, mindless, or even totally absent footwork from dantas, who was finish hunting after the first round and a half... on top of that he didnt get penalized for a horrible illegal strike, and was almost constantly cheating. im not mad personally, but it was fortuitous. biggest factor in the result as i see it was a combination of dantas' mental failings and warren's modest luck. i dont think there was much if anything strongly indicating that was going to be the case before the fight.
    You'd be right if the odds had been closer, but Warren was clearly the right side. This argument is more applicable to a +100 line than a +450 line.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

i dont think its a good call. warren's win was somewhat fortuitous, not a play i wouldve felt good about after the fight.

he basically won because of horrible, mindless, or even totally absent footwork from dantas, who was finish hunting after the first round and a half... on top of that he didnt get penalized for a horrible illegal strike, and was almost constantly cheating. im not mad personally, but it was fortuitous. biggest factor in the result as i see it was a combination of dantas' mental failings and warren's modest luck. i dont think there was much if anything strongly indicating that was going to be the case before the fight.
    You're right a +400 dog is a bad play if the only reason he wins is because his opponent makes mistakes.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

My big play tonight is on the Shields/Ford won't go the distance prop -150.. 300 to win 200... Wish it was a 5 rounder but I don't think this one will even make the 3.. Got a 100 on the u 2 1/2 rounds bet at +110.. as well...

Got $100 to win $400 on Ford straight also...

KO for Ford or Sub win for Shields should be the out come one way or the other before that final bell sounds one would think....

I am betting very aggressive in this main event in an attempt to close the night out strong..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-11-14 at 05:33 PM.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Ford via Joe Warren's victory.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Ford via Joe Warren's victory.
    You're expecting Ford to hold down that long, lanky Brazilian dynamo Shields just enough to steal two of three rounds while avoiding the KO? Bold prediction, Unwritten Law.

areallycoolguy
    areallycoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    You're right a +400 dog is a bad play if the only reason he wins is because his opponent makes mistakes.
    warren is ancient and was dropping down in weight was he not?

and his opponent didn't make techincal mistakes which were really apparent before this. no one was saying he would plant his feet and finish hunt for 85% of the fight and still win. that was not why he was a big favourite.

come on man

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You'd be right if the odds had been closer, but Warren was clearly the right side. This argument is more applicable to a +100 line than a +450 line.

i didn't think it demanded spelling out why dantas was such a big favourite.

areallycoolguy

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    My big play tonight is on the Shields/Ford won't go the distance prop -150.. 300 to win 200... Wish it was a 5 rounder but I don't think this one will even make the 3.. Got a 100 on the u 2 1/2 rounds bet at +110.. as well...

Got $100 to win $400 on Ford straight also...

KO for Ford or Sub win for Shields should be the out come one way or the other before that final bell sounds one would think....

I am betting very aggressive in this main event in an attempt to close the night out strong..
    i will be surprised if ford/sheilds goes under and not over. i expect shields to go real hard from jump but ford's gonna do everything to last the first round, even if he doesnt land 1 decent strike. i think the fight wont really get going until after the 3rd minute at earliest. ofc i could be totally wrong but... ford is tristar and jake is jake. he'll be dying for a quick showcase win to get back in the UFC. i don't see him getting it tho and i think ford won't get loose for 4-6 minutes of the fight anyway.

you're probably way better of a player than me but i find chasing after main event money pretty scary and diminishing returns. hope you fare alright w that tactic

so no one's got any more insight on mehmen i guess?

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

i will be surprised if ford/sheilds goes under and not over. i expect shields to go real hard from jump but ford's gonna do everything to last the first round, even if he doesnt land 1 decent strike. i think the fight wont really get going until after the 3rd minute at earliest. ofc i could be totally wrong but... ford is tristar and jake is jake. he'll be dying for a quick showcase win to get back in the UFC. i don't see him getting it tho and i think ford won't get loose for 4-6 minutes of the fight anyway.

you're probably way better of a player than me but i find chasing after main event money pretty scary and diminishing returns. hope you fare alright w that tactic

so no one's got any more insight on mehmen i guess?
    Would.

Starch.

You.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Ford is aggressive and attacks hard.. He presses... Shields looks to attack on the ground with sub's too.. Ford finishes or gets finished in this one... I just don't think Ford is gonna lay under Shields and get pounded on either for 3 full rounds.. Shields takes the back and gets the sub before that happens..

Also don't see this being a boxing match for 3 rounds either with it going to the judges... Ford is too aggressive of a striker to do that.. My big money is riding on the under but I could be wrong.. I hope not though...

That's my thinking about this fight in a nut shell for what ever it's worth..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Placed a 2 teamer on Derrick Mehmen -165 and Jarad Hamman -175 too.. $100 to win $150....

Still a bit on the fence with the Chris Horodecki fight at -300????? No play still pending..

Anyone got any ideas on how to play this pig? Over under, props, anything? I don't even wanna parlay this one up.. Have never been that impressed with IFL's Chris Horodecki but he has been winning latlely, and his opponent he is facing tonight is still unproven in my mind.. Ugggg.....

Probably end up going small on Hueta at game time anyways..

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

My action for tonight. Hoping to see Jake Shields submit his first opponent in years!

WSOF 14 Risk $221.00

Shields/Ford Under 1½ (-110) $44.00 for $40.00
    Derrick Mehmen (-150) vs Smealinho Rama $75.00 for $50.00
    Luis Huete (+265) vs Chris Horodecki $40.00 for $106.00
    Jared Hamman (-155) vs Luke Harris $62.00 for $40.00

--

And my WSOF 14 Kountermove team:

Jake Shields, Derrick Mehmen, Luis Huete, Jared Hamman, Mike Malott
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Jim_Gunn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Because MMA bettors are terrible.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by saminex View Post
    It sounds like I have a stalker. Rocky I don't look for your posts, you look for mine. Anytime I post, Rocky in his post cheetos haze follows me around and posts after me. You don't anything about my personal life, but trust I make more money, have a better girl and drive a better ride than you. You haven't posted any winning picks and all you do is pick Cyber fights online. It's like I post something, you get aroused thinking about me, walk around in your studio apartment for 30 minutes thinking of how you can be a homophobe. Wipe your cheeto encrusted hands on your wifebeater and then type a post to me because its the highlight of your day. Rocky this is 2014 dude, your homophobia was acceptable 20 years ago but now it just makes you look like the complete and utter low class miscreant you are.
    Hahhahahha, I was sure you were gonna be mentioning your imaginary 'sick ride' and 'better girl'. I almost typed it in, but I figured somebody with as terrible confidence issues as you would be bringing it up your self. I see you PM'ed Rocko as well, unsurprising. Go outside and make something out of your self. You're failures shine blatantly through in your posts on this forum. Stop pming the alphas on this site, whining because you have been exposed to be a clickbaiting little phagget. Never seen anybody so butthurt in my life.
    Last edited by mirinquads; 10-11-14 at 07:18 PM.
    Points Awarded:

rocky16 gave mirinquads 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

areallycoolguy

^^ Ford is aggressive and attacks hard.. He presses... Shields looks to attack on the ground with sub's too.. Ford finishes or gets finished in this one... I just don't think Ford is gonna lay under Shields and get pounded on either for 3 full rounds.. Shields takes the back and gets the sub before that happens..

Also don't see this being a boxing match for 3 rounds either with it going to the judges... Ford is too aggressive of a striker to do that.. My big money is riding on the under but I could be wrong.. I hope not though...

That's my thinking about this fight in a nut shell for what ever it's worth..
    you think he's gonna be aggressive against shields? and he's not that aggressive as a fighter, at least not from what i've seen of late. not a passive fighter at all but not a big brawler either.

any reason in particular you see on tape or something which leads you to see the fight on the floor so much? i think it will be a very ugly fight, not unlike the sort of thing page/burrell was last night, but with shields pressing and ford throwing and moving more.

i think that if shields can get inside more than ford can make something happen with his feet (land telling blows, stop shields forward movement consistently)... we'll see shields take a little bit close UD. thats the most likely outcome IMO. but i like that ford can stop him and also take a decision.

i like the under if only for the possibility ford gets caught quick by a guillotine which has happened to him before and which jake has caught many guys with... but i dont see that, i think ford will be determined to get beat in ANY other round, by any other method.

not sure what people are seeing in hamman, particularly against another tall guy who can probably negate his tech and his fighting at home, much less banged up

id never take luke harris against anyone faster than hamman... or any person who posses like any speed at all
    Last edited by areallycoolguy; 10-11-14 at 07:18 PM.

areallycoolguy

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Would.

Starch.

You.
    not here for competition but i wish you luck in your plays buddy

MD

Being the "better fighter" isn't what decides true odds, it's win percentage. Joe Warren's effectiveness negates Dantas's skill advantage more often than the line indicates. That's all there is to it.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Shields via sub in the first.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Being the "better fighter" isn't what decides true odds, it's win percentage. Joe Warren's effectiveness negates Dantas's skill advantage more often than the line indicates. That's all there is to it.
    No reason to teach em, let them be right.

mirinquads

Stream for maincard anyone? Can't find it on any of the the standards..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

you think he's gonna be aggressive against shields? and he's not that aggressive as a fighter, at least not from what i've seen of late. not a passive fighter at all but not a big brawler either.

any reason in particular you see on tape or something which leads you to see the fight on the floor so much? i think it will be a very ugly fight, not unlike the sort of thing page/burrell was last night, but with shields pressing and ford throwing and moving more.

i think that if shields can get inside more than ford can make something happen with his feet (land telling blows, stop shields forward movement consistently)... we'll see shields take a little bit close UD. thats the most likely outcome IMO. but i like that ford can stop him and also take a decision.

i like the under if only for the possibility ford gets caught quick by a guillotine which has happened to him before and which jake has caught many guys with... but i dont see that, i think ford will be determined to get beat in ANY other round, by any other method.

not sure what people are seeing in hamman, particularly against another tall guy who can probably negate his tech and his fighting at home, much less banged up

id never take luke harris against anyone faster than hamman... or any person who posses like any speed at all
    quick thoughts -

When thinking of Jake - I know Jake has improved with his stand up since the GSP fight but his bread and butter is in his ground game.. I don't see Jake dancing around too much as he will be diving in for those doubles quickly as that should be his game plan. He's watched the tape on Ford too and will be working to take him down.. Work his jits then if he does... Ford likes to turn and give his back up when trying to get back to his fight.. Jake then takes the back perhaps and works for a sub..

When thinking of Ford - Punch and kick and look to clinch is what Ford does best in past fights.. In this fight he probably will be looking to land heavy knees, kicks and punches to try and rock Jake standing first.. If it remains standing and shields can't get the fight to the ground Ford will probably finish Shields.. Shields has gassed out in past fights when the take downs didn't happen... Ford can possibly finish with strikes in that 3rd if Jake really gasses out badly.. Ford can also land something big at anytime to end the fight...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-11-14 at 07:45 PM.

Bava
    Update your status
    Bava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Stream for maincard anyone? Can't find it on any of the the standards..
    http://www.usagoals.com/ufc/990574/1...am-online.html

EDIT: The stream has been dropped here, sorry.
    Last edited by Bava; 10-11-14 at 07:49 PM.
    Points Awarded:

mirinquads gave Bava 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Shields via sub in the first.
    Shields wins in first round +325... Prop...

Could happen.. I took a little insurance out... Thanks for the post BIGDAY!!!!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

areallycoolguy

quick thoughts -

When thinking of Jake - I know Jake has improved with his stand up since the GSP fight but his bread and butter is in his ground game.. I don't see Jake dancing around too much as he will be diving in for those doubles quickly as that should be his game plan. He's watched the tape on Ford too and will be working to take him down.. Work his jits then if he does... Ford likes to turn and give his back up when trying to get back to his fight.. Jake then takes the back perhaps and works for a sub..

When thinking of Ford - Punch and kick and look to clinch is what Ford does best in past fights.. In this fight he probably will be looking to land heavy knees, kicks and punches to try and rock Jake standing first.. If it remains standing and shields can't get the fight to the ground Ford will probably finish Shields.. Shields has gassed out in past fights when the take downs didn't happen... Ford can possibly finish with strikes in that 3rd if Jake really gasses out badly.. Ford can also land something big at anytime to end the fight...
    OK but I don't see any reason why Ford's plan will be to go anywhere near the clinch or throw any heavy combinations for at least the first 7 1/2 min of the fight. the book is out on jake, he can't change, and Ford's a lot more a dynamic fighter even without factoring in the point at which he is in his career.

but we'll see...

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Shields wins in first round +325... Prop...

Could happen.. I took a little insurance out... Thanks for the post BIGDAY!!!!
    Points Awarded:

cheeese gave NunyaBidness 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by Bava View Post
    http://www.usagoals.com/ufc/990574/1...am-online.html

EDIT: The stream has been dropped here, sorry.
    Only seeing some hockey bullshit right now, is it coming on?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Only seeing some hockey bullshit right now, is it coming on?
    this one is right. Frog announcers unfortunately.

http://www.vipleague.se/boxing/25603...am-online.html

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Drakulastream.EU has working feeds

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

OK here we go!!!!!!!! Can betting 101..

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

I done a small one on ford by sub, noone should be 30/1 and dec. Shit card but its fighting.

Sykes

How did he ever submit anyone.

areallycoolguy

fuckin hell. harris was doing perfectly fine, if he didnt start looking for a KO stupidly he would've never started eating clean shots... oh well. dude's old and wanted to impress the home town crowd. i cant really blame him.

mirinquads

Whacky inflatable arms flailing tube man gets it done.

areallycoolguy

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    How did he ever submit anyone.
    as far as i cant tell, mostly by hitting them a lot first. hes like a really slow nick diaz with an unimpressive chin

Sykes

This one too, this is the first row site has all the stuff always.

http://firstrowir.eu/watch/289445/1/...ghting-14.html

First 123456 ... Last