marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone posted that Kavanah was expecting a round 1 KO which was interesting to me..

PolishSensation
    PolishSensation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5065

Gonna bet a unit each on Jotko and Blachowitz. Watched these guys in Poland, good fighters. Good chance at least one hits and I make a small profit.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Bava View Post
    The over 2.5 seems more likely, and it would also cover the best chance Story has to win: Nelson is methodical, and gets into his rhythm without much urgency. He's better standing and on the ground, but his takedowns aren't the greatest and Story's TDD is strong, so Story may be able to at dictate where the fight goes, at least in the early rounds. He's definitely not going to want the fight to go to the ground, so he'll going to be ultra-careful not to be too aggressive and expose himself.

One man is patient, the other is careful, and they're both pacing themselves for 5 rounds. I think that Nelson should finish, but it feels risky betting on when...
    Impeccable grammar.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PolishSensation View Post
    Gonna bet a unit each on Jotko and Blachowitz. Watched these guys in Poland, good fighters. Good chance at least one hits and I make a small profit.
    Nice to have a Polish insider on the forum. I like one of those plays but don't know enough about the other matchup.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bava View Post
    The over 2.5 seems more likely, and it would also cover the best chance Story has to win: Nelson is methodical, and gets into his rhythm without much urgency. He's better standing and on the ground, but his takedowns aren't the greatest and Story's TDD is strong, so Story may be able to at dictate where the fight goes, at least in the early rounds. He's definitely not going to want the fight to go to the ground, so he'll going to be ultra-careful not to be too aggressive and expose himself.

One man is patient, the other is careful, and they're both pacing themselves for 5 rounds. I think that Nelson should finish, but it feels risky betting on when...
    It remains to be seen whether Story is ultra-careful. I think he'll mix it up with Nelson at some point fairly early and the very first mistake he makes will be exploited. Damian Maia subbed him in the first round in their fight remember. Even if Nelson starts slow and loses the first round like he did against Zach Cummings, he'll time Story move in with strikes and grab a hold of him in the second. It's a matter of punches and strikes from there until he turns or gives up his neck. That's how I see it playing out.

Bava
    Update your status
    Bava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    It remains to be seen whether Story is ultra-careful. I think he'll mix it up with Nelson at some point fairly early and the very first mistake he makes will be exploited. Damian Maia subbed him in the first round in their fight remember. Even if Nelson starts slow and loses the first round like he did against Zach Cummings, he'll time Story move in with strikes and grab a hold of him in the second. It's a matter of punches and strikes from there until he turns or gives up his neck. That's how I see it playing out.
    There's a good chance I'm overestimating Story's durability and smarts (I'm also having a hard time figuring out what his game plan/ path to victory looks like), but I've never thought of him as being sloppy or reckless; Maia submitted him quickly, and the memory of that fight might make him less inclined to throw himself into risky positions against another submission ace. Not saying you're wrong, though. GL

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by alpinepetey View Post
    Not betting on all the fighters that train at SBG.. Just the one's that are hyped, solid and fighting in the UFC today.. Gunnar, Conor, and Pendred in particular.. http://sbgireland.com/index.php/fighter-profiles

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Not betting on all the fighters that train at SBG.. Just the one's that are hyped, solid and fighting in the UFC today.. Gunnar, Conor, and Pendred in particular.. http://sbgireland.com/index.php/fighter-profiles
    Pendred is not very solid IMO - although neither is his opponent in this fight

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by PolishSensation View Post
    I wish people would stop betting based on nationalism. It's just silly.

I've decided to start betting on all these Irish dudes training at SBG...
    Hold on, I think he's onto something this time.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    Umalatov isn't very solid? What?

I can't imagine how it could be a bad idea to bet on someone because of their hype.
    Last edited by MD; 10-01-14 at 10:25 AM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Im on it, But Im kinda w ya he is just scrappy and can make it an ugly 3 round DEC....hope not...
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Im on tukhugov as well, but that chavez dude is scrappy and effective. He isnt ufc caliber, yet, i believe he may be able to make it ugly. He shouldnt but he probably does. Im unsure of this bet

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    Yet to be seen Napes.. 8 fight win streak.. Seems to still be improving and getting better with each fight.. Did ok on the TUF show a few years ago.. 1-0 in the UFC to date.. Works and trains with good fighters and camps around the world...

Is he a stud? No he is not. I'd say his star is still on the rise though...

Still wins this next fight one would think...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-01-14 at 11:54 AM.

alpinepetey
    alpinepetey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Gunnar is from Iceland not Ireland and Pendred was pretty brutal on TUF and will get smashed as soon as he fights anyone decent.

Napes21

[QUOTE=MD;22705453]Umalatov isn't very solid? What?

You for real? I was at his fight with Magny - unimpressive. And his fight against Thiago I found equally unimpressive (granted it would be hard to impress me in any fight with Thiago that wasn't an outright obliteration of him). He's got decent TDD and some head movement but otherwise throws a lot of stupid looping punches. You seen something I haven't? Admittedly I haven't watched any pre-UFC footage of him.

alpinepetey
    alpinepetey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I think that was some classic MD sarcasm there Napes

MD

I think that was some classic MD sarcasm there Napes
    Nah, not this time. I think Umalatov is underrated; his fight IQ is very high, and he combines it with an impressively well-rounded game. Napes seems to think he fights like Chris Leben, but he's very skilled, especially considering his lack of athletic gifts.

Skel

Yet to be seen Napes.. 8 fight win streak.. Seems to still be improving and getting better with each fight.. Did ok on the TUF show a few years ago.. 1-0 in the UFC to date.. Works and trains with good fighters and camps around the world...

Is he a stud? No he is not. I'd say his star is still on the rise though...

Still wins this next fight one would think...

Jesus Christ, Jibbby.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Jesus Christ, Jibbby.
    Jesus Christ, Skel...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Gunnar is from Iceland not Ireland and Pendred was pretty brutal on TUF and will get smashed as soon as he fights anyone decent.
    Yep, Gunnar Nelson was born in Iceland and that is his Nationality.. He sure hangs out in Ireland alot and around all those Irish lads though....

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Iceland has 300.000 inhabitants approx. Insane that they produce world class foot-ballplayers and ufc fighters. Its bizarre.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Iceland has 300.000 inhabitants approx. Insane that they produce world class foot-ballplayers and ufc fighters. Its bizarre.
    Yee it is very interesting, and something ive thought about as ive witnessed more and more quality football players come out of Iceland. Has to be something to do with their character i guess? I mean they seem to generally have tht steely, focussed and very disciplined attitude and character. Take professional footballers for instance like you mentioned, its hard to think of even one Iceland player tht is known for being lazy, or arrogant, or outspoken and difficult to work with. And as far as im aware its not like they poured millions of euros in to creating top class facilities for young footballers. I think its fair to say now tht their National Team is as good as if not better than likes of Finland and Norway which is quite insane considering those two countries have 5+ million population!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 10-01-14 at 04:01 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yep, Gunnar Nelson was born in Iceland and that is his Nationality.. He sure hangs out in Ireland alot and around all those Irish lads though....

Hahha

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Superior genetics!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by snufflyjoe View Post
    Musoke left his usual camp for this fight I wouldn't be betting him
    Agreed and that why this fight is a no play for me... I just couldn't pick a winner in this one and I capped this beast hard too... I did see that both fighters are EXTREMELY durable, solid chins, hard to finish so the over rounds bet looked like the best play to roll the dice on in this scrap... This fight I believe will be going to the judges scoring cards in the end.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-01-14 at 04:47 PM.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rick story for the win

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post

Moving to Iceland.. No crime sounds good to me.. Respectable responsible people are a win... I'd miss the beach and warm weather though....

Napes21

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yee it is very interesting, and something ive thought about as ive witnessed more and more quality football players come out of Iceland. Has to be something to do with their character i guess? I mean they seem to generally have tht steely, focussed and very disciplined attitude and character. Take professional footballers for instance like you mentioned, its hard to think of even one Iceland player tht is known for being lazy, or arrogant, or outspoken and difficult to work with. And as far as im aware its not like they poured millions of euros in to creating top class facilities for young footballers. I think its fair to say now tht their National Team is as good as if not better than likes of Finland and Norway which is quite insane considering those two countries have 5+ million population!
    I can't think of a single football player from Iceland - sure are a lot of Samoans though

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

F his camp Musoke is going to go in and win guy is a beast almost beat KG
    Agreed and that why this fight is a no play for me... I just couldn't pick a winner in this one and I capped this beast hard too... I did see that both fighters are EXTREMELY durable, solid chins, hard to finish so the over rounds bet looked like the best play to roll the dice on in this scrap... This fight I believe will be going to the judges scoring cards in the end.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Paper I'm not one to second guess an internet brothers pick.. Hope ya isssss rights!!! Musoke for the win it is..

I'll be rooting for ya to win it... I will say this Paper if I had to pick a winnarz in this scrap I'd go with Musoke as well...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Rick story for the win
    After watching UFC tonight just a few hours ago fireKill I must say - Gunnar Nelson wanted to take the year off (baby and family priorities) and Conor talked him out of it because the event is being held close to his home Country..

That honestly doesn't sound like a hungry fighter to me... Regardless, I still don't think Rick Story has enough tools to tool Gunnar Nelson near his home town of Iceland in this fight coming up.. Getting concerned though about this play just a little bit...

Gunnar after his last fight though....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-01-14 at 08:31 PM.

Skel

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    F his camp Musoke is going to go in and win guy is a beast almost beat KG
    That was a strange fight. Musoke was able to take Kelvin down in the first but had no success after that. Kelvin demolished him in rounds 2 and 3.

Skel

Jesus Christ, Skel...

Jibbby, Cathal fought on TUF earlier this year, not a few years ago.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Jibbby, Cathal fought on TUF earlier this year, not a few years ago.
    Oh ok.. I don't watch those TUF shows anymore.. Thanks for the correction Skel...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

After watching UFC tonight just a few hours ago fireKill I must say - Gunnar Nelson wanted to take the year off (baby and family priorities) and Conor talked him out of it because the event is being held close to his home Country..

That honestly doesn't sound like a hungry fighter to me... Regardless, I still don't think Rick Story has enough tools to tool Gunnar Nelson near his home town of Iceland in this fight coming up.. Getting concerned though about this play just a little bit...

Gunnar after his last fight though....

Are you sure he didn't say "wanted to take his head clean off" and Conor talked him out of it because it's one of his catchphrases? Along with "It's a beautiful ting" and "I like custom made suits"
    Last edited by Vaughany; 10-02-14 at 04:31 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MD

First 12345 ... Last