THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. Arlovski 2 (September 13, 2014)

UFC Fight Pass, 8 p.m. ET
    Andrei Arlovski vs. Antonio Silva
    Piotr Hallmann vs. Gleison Tibau
    Lukasz Sajewski vs. Leonardo Santos
    Wendell Oliveira Marques vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
    Iuri Alcantara vs. Russell Doane
    Jessica Andrade vs. Larissa Moreira Pacheco

UFC Fight Pass, 5:45 p.m. ET
    Dashon Johnson vs. Godofredo Pepey
    Igor Araujo vs. George Sullivan
    Efrain Escudero vs. Francisco Trinaldo
    Sean Spencer vs. Paulo Thiago
    Johnny Bedford vs. Rani Yahya

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Tons of value on Josh Barnett.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

War arlovski

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Gotta jump on Arlovski in this one at +285...

AA is on a 3 fight win streak, maybe has his mojo back, is faster and more athletic then Big Foot also..

Arlovski hasn't been KO'd in while now either.. I like AA's chances in this one against the slower big foot Silva even without the odds...

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

AA is a scary bet, but at almost +300, it's hard not to throw something small on him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    AA is a scary bet, but at almost +300, it's hard not to throw something small on him.
    AA's been consistent in the last 3 fights and I think he turned the corner.. Big Foot Silva blew his wad and has been getting exposed in his last 2... That chin is always a dice roll with AA Kermit and that makes this match up scary for sure...

I agree. Still gotta play AA in this one with those 3-1 odds.. It's worth the gamble I think..
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-06-14 at 12:36 AM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    AA's been consistent in the last 3 fights and I think he turned the corner.. Big Foot Silva blew his wad and has been getting exposed in his last 2... That chin is always a dice roll with AA Kermit and that makes this match up scary for sure...

I agree. Still gotta play AA in this one with those 3-1 odds.. It's worth the gamble I think..
    Yeah, he's turned a corner all right. Remember where he was in his career back when he got KO'd by Kharitonov? Well, he's swung down a bit from there.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Yeah, he's turned a corner all right. Remember where he was in his career back when he got KO'd by Kharitonov? Well, he's swung down a bit from there.
    Yeah how many years ago was that?

AA has only lost one fight since 2011, and that was a decision loss to Rumble Johnson.. I think AA turned the corner...

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andrei-Arlovski-270

I see you're still alive in the forum tourney.. Your post reads say different on the event threads... Hmmmm? Punisher will punish you for this in the next round.. LOL...

MD

Yeah how many years ago was that?

AA has only lost one fight since 2011
    , and that was a decision loss to Rumble Johnson.. I think AA turned the corner...

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andrei-Arlovski-270

I see you're still alive in the forum tourney.. Your post reads say different on the event threads... Hmmmm? Punisher will punish you for this in the next round.. LOL...
    You should start a JIBBBYFacts twitter account, that way anyone who wants to hear you ramble innanely while quoting things you read on Sherdog can just go to your page.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You should start a JIBBBYFacts twitter account, that way anyone who wants to hear you ramble innanely while quoting things you read on Sherdog can just go to your page.
    I love sherdog MD and you know this!!!!.. I'll tell it on mountain!!!.. Wiki is bit weak though..

Kuddo's MD for staying alive in the forum bracket play!!! I really thought for sure you'd be ousted by now.. I gotta give props when props are due.

I still think Punisher takes an Irish internet brother out in the next round... Punisher you got two biiiitch points coming your way with the win...
    Attached Images  

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Does anyone in the U.S. or elsewhere have this event on live TV? Just wondering what to expect for live betting. Is on Fightpass here again this week in Canada. Sucks balls.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

I still think Punisher takes an Irish internet brother out in the next round... Punisher you got two biiiitch points coming your way with the win...
    i'm not facing MD this week.

@ FFF, its entirely on fight pass in the US also.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

AA did look great against Schaub to be fair. Top of the food chain. Jibbbehh and his sherdog fighter finder are on to something here

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Does anyone in the U.S. or elsewhere have this event on live TV? Just wondering what to expect for live betting. Is on Fightpass here again this week in Canada. Sucks balls.
    None of the U.S. facing sports books offer live betting for Fight Pass cards unfortunately. I heard from other bettors in Europe and elsewhere that Unibet, Bet 365 and some others do offer live betting for those same cards for their customers since they often air on tv in other countries, but that doesn't help us in North America.

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Anyone want to offer lines on which of these fights will get canceled between now and fight night?

Tibau is always a worry, despite a good record.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    Anyone want to offer lines on which of these fights will get canceled between now and fight night?

Tibau is always a worry, despite a good record.
    Hopefully all of them. Fock this card.

Wilbo86

Hopefully all of them. Fock this card.
    Amen, there's about two fights i feel confident betting on and zero that I'm interested in watching.

MD

Bigfoot finishes fight if he attains full mount with more than 30 seconds remaining: -2600000

Bigfoot's mount doesn't even make sense, I'll be disappointed if we don't see it here.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Bigfoot finishes fight if he attains full mount with more than 30 seconds remaining: -2600000

Bigfoot's mount doesn't even make sense, I'll be disappointed if we don't see it here.
    OG Pit Bull has the speed and athleticism advantage over Big Foot Silva.. Probably cardio too..

AA won't end up on his back and stay there if his head is clear. AA doesn't get sub'd out, he gets knocked out if he does lose in this scrap....... Big Foot does have those big Thyroid bone growth sized hands and he does punch with power????? Hmmm.....

Just a thought - If Rumble couldn't knock AA out do ya really think the slower Big Foot Silva can???? That is the question one gambler must ponder on........

Combine those thoughts now with the +336 and that's the real kicker!!!!!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-08-14 at 01:01 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    AA did look great against Schaub to be fair. Top of the food chain. Jibbbehh and his sherdog fighter finder are on to something here
    Don't Jinx meee sheeeeet V... I am a tard though.....

I am curious to see how this fight plays out actually..

I do think this fight is make or break for either fighter as far as the direction of their careers are going... I see more promise in AA then Big foot of late..

Trail at own risk ALWAYS!!!
    Attached Images  

Bava
    Update your status
    Bava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

Don't Jinx meee sheeeeet V... I am a tard though.....

I am curious to see how this fight plays out actually..

I do think this fight is make or break for either fighter as far as the direction of their careers are going... I see more promise in AA then Big foot of late..

Trail at own risk ALWAYS!!!

Arlovski's most notable victories in the last few years have been a Brendan Schaub split, a Mike Kyle decision and Devin Cole.
    Bigfoot's least notable victories in the last few years have been a Travis Browne TKO, a Mike Kyle smashing and Andrei Arlovski.
    Points Awarded:

mmaed gave Bava 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bava View Post
    Arlovski's most notable victories in the last few years have been a Brendan Schaub split, a Mike Kyle decision and Devin Cole.
    Bigfoot's least notable victories in the last few years have been a Travis Browne TKO, a Mike Kyle smashing and Andrei Arlovski.
    Bava are you trying to be civil with me now??? This is a nice change of events... I can do this..

Good post and I will respond as such.....

Besides just style match ups - You gotta consider who is the hot fighter and who is not. Who's on a mission to prove something and who is not? You're really only as good as your last fight in alot of cases... Confidence and determination is big...

AA is riding a high right now and his chin is holding up well which leads me to believe he's got something special going on.... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andrei-Arlovski-270

Big Foots record is a bit deceiving in my opinion but he's faced some stiff comp of late and got KO'd in a hurry in most of them.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Antonio-Silva-12354

In MMA I think ya gotta go with the fighter on a better roll and riding the confidence... That's AA I think in this case..... Hard to bet against that especially at these odds being offer up.... AA knows he's a big dog going in as well.. That's just more motivation...

One punch can change a fight as always though with these big HW's..... Trail at own risk..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-08-14 at 11:42 PM.

alpinepetey
    alpinepetey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

For the love of god Jibbby, it is "Tail" not "Trail"

MD

Yeah, Arlovski is on the upside, and Bigfoot is on the downside. That is what their respective previous fights have told me.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinepetey View Post
    For the love of god Jibbby, it is "Tail" not "Trail"
    hahahahaa

God I love Jibbbehh

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

OG Pit Bull has the speed and athleticism advantage over Big Foot Silva.. Probably cardio too..

AA won't end up on his back and stay there if his head is clear. AA doesn't get sub'd out, he gets knocked out if he does lose in this scrap....... Big Foot does have those big Thyroid bone growth sized hands and he does punch with power????? Hmmm.....

Just a thought - If Rumble couldn't knock AA out do ya really think the slower Big Foot Silva can???? That is the question one gambler must ponder on........

Combine those thoughts now with the +336 and that's the real kicker!!!!!
    Johnny Hendricks couldnt knock Josh Koscheck out....do ya really think the slower Paulo Thiago can????

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

last time arlovski looked good was prob. vs fedor prior to being brutally knocked out attempting some dumb flying shit

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Anyone care to post their picks.

I have it something like

Andrei Arlovski > Antonio Silva
    Piotr Hallmann < Gleison Tibau
    Lukasz Sajewski < Leonardo Santos
    Wendell Oliveira Marques < Santiago Ponzinibbio
    Iuri Alcantara < Russell Doane
    Jessica Andrade < Larissa Moreira Pacheco

Dashon Johnson < Godofredo Pepey
    Igor Araujo > George Sullivan
    Efrain Escudero < Francisco Trinaldo
    Sean Spencer > Paulo Thiago
    Johnny Bedford > Rani Yahya

Karmaphobia
    Karmaphobia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3674

I think there's a good chance some of those picks may be correct. Best of luck...

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Johnny Hendricks couldnt knock Josh Koscheck out....do ya really think the slower Paulo Thiago can????
    If Dan Henderson couldn't knock Shogun out do ya really think the slower Dan Henderson can???? That is the question one gambler must ponder on........

Wilbo86

If an Arlovski falls in the cage and no one is around to KO him, is he still chiny? #cagedmetaphysics

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm not saying AA is a lock in this one but I'd personally take AA even if the odds were even up.

- Could Arlovski get dropped like a dead sack of potatoes with one punch to chin by Big Foot at any point in this fight? Sure... Much like what happen with Derrick Lewis against Meat head? Absolutely possible.... Big guys, small MMA gloves....

- Can AA stay mobile and not get KO'd in this fight by Big Foot and win rounds on points with his speed, superior athleticism and faster striking skills? Sure he can.....

One other thing - Has AA looked better and showing promise under the tutorship of Greg Jackson now in recent fights? Yes he has!!!

- Lastly, could Big Foot get discouraged and gassed out in the later rounds chasing AA around and could OG Pitbull land one punch KO power on Silva's chin himself?.. It's a possibility... Silva doesn't have a granite chin either... AA was once the UFC champ and he's winning now again...

Odds +300... Gotta take AA in this one... My logic is undeniable Vicky... I call it as I see it.... Bail, Tail, or Trail at own risk...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaSqH8lhB0M
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-08-14 at 08:39 PM.

MD

could orlovsky LITERALLY KILL bagfoot with one punch? this writer things its possible....
    Points Awarded:

Bava gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wilbo86

So what's the official meaning of "trail" in SBR lexicon?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    So what's the official meaning of "trail" in SBR lexicon?
    It's what the rest of you focks will be walking when the God Emperor wins the tournament and shits on your dreams.

1234 ... Last