marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Workout Advice...

I'm a slim dude with fast metabolism. i wanna gain size and muscle, whats the best way about doing this? just drink protein shakes everyday and lift weights?

What kind of workouts / supplements do you recommend? and please dont say some cheal sonnen illegal shitt

I'm sure there are some fitness freaks lurkin on this forum

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Shakes and powders really don't work unless you use liquid egg whites in them.... Eat real foods, meats, chicken, fish, and a ton of protein and carbs.. Always be eating in other words.. Cut back on long cardio sessions too.. Just lift hard and with heavy weight and you might start to grow slowly.....

marzwoody

Shakes and powders dont work
    Last edited by marzwoody; 08-14-14 at 02:40 PM.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Heavy weights doesn't work that well for ectomorphs (which you are). You're better doing lighter weights and more reps (40 sec sets or more -- you need time under tension).

Then you need a huge shake within 30 minutes of working.
    Load it with protein, good fats: almonds butter and fruits (bananas, berries) -- I would also throw some potent enzymes in there. You should have at least 700 calories in the shake.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Heavy weights doesn't work that well for ectomorphs (which you are). You're better doing lighter weights and more reps (40 sec sets or more -- you need time under tension).

Then you need a huge shake within 30 minutes of working.
    Load it with protein, good fats: almonds butter and fruits (bananas, berries) -- I would also throw some potent enzymes in there. You should have at least 700 calories in the shake.
    Good advice. i never thought of adding anything to it.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 08-14-14 at 02:49 PM.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

eat lots of protein, drink lots of shakes before and after work out. does anyone take creatine anymore? not sure, i used to as a kid. i think you just pee it all out anyway

maybe Calc knows more than myself but in my experience, heavy weights, lower reps build mass.
    lower weights and more repetition build definition.

sets of 12, 10, 8 reps, increasing weight after each set

schedule mon wed fri, work out supplemental muscle groups on the same days:
    1. back and bis
    2. shoulders and legs (not supplemental but fits in for 3 day schedule)
    3. chest and tris

throw in abs if you care, core is important but its also the most hellish part of a gym regiment

take the weekend off
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Jerk off a lot

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

have you heard of zyzz? I heard riding bicycles is the best way. You've seen my pics son. u be mirin brah dont lie

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Thanks Calc....seems like bc I play soccer 2-3 times a week weight gain is 100% out of the question due to the cardio...I am an ecto as well total gift and curse

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Jerk off a lot
    Last edited by marzwoody; 08-14-14 at 03:21 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany

marzwoody

[QUOTE=Keyboard Warrior;22414553]have you heard of zyzz? I heard riding bicycles is the best way. You've seen my pics son. u be mirin brah dont lie

I think bicycles are more for cardio then size. i have thought about taking the bike out though as there are fields all around me.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

bro 1: Sup brah, damn Az got swole, can't be natty can he?
    bro 2: Naw brah, he's been riding the bicycle these past weeks.

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status
    MarkWoodstick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Eat more calories than you burn every day.

Do full body workouts 3 times a week. Squats, bench, rows , military press, dips and pull ups.

marzwoody

no cheal sonnen shit brah!!!

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

ok brah, but really it's not rocket science. Eat a lot and lift weights to target the area you want. But like every sad c-nt you will hit a wall need to get the gear.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    If that counted as a workout i would be working out more then a prime arnold.
    i would edit this out, could be quite embarrassing you know md is look for your real name son

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

I'm a slim dude with fast metabolism. i wanna gain size and muscle, whats the best way about doing this? just drink protein shakes everyday and lift weights?

What kind of workouts / supplements do you recommend? and please dont say some cheal sonnen illegal shitt

I've seen what you look like. You will NEVER be buff without using gear. #1 You do not have the discipline. #2 You do not have the genetics. That is the the most honest advice that I can give you.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    i would edit this out, could be quite embarrassing you know md is look for your real name son
    are u on drugs lately? tell us the truth

marzwoody

I used to think it wasent "rocket science" when i was lazy but there is clearly many ways to do things, and i have already gotten good advice.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    are u on drugs lately? tell us the truth
    did MD not post a bunch of this dudes private information?

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

yea but he just said he jerks off a lot. no shame there.

sorry just thought it was a weird comment.

don't hate me. i like you

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I've seen what you look like. You will NEVER be buff without using gear. #1 You do not have the discipline. #2 You do not have the genetics. That is the the most honest advice that I can give you.
    this is 100 percent correct

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    yea but he just said he jerks off a lot. no shame there.

sorry just thought it was a weird comment.

don't hate me. i like you
    i dont hate anyone, just names on a screen to me. But that is not a weird comment. Gabe said far less and people tried to get him fired in real life.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

interesting. i guess this is why this username is completely divorced from my real life

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

bum, someone found my wife on face book and called her at work and told her about some of my threads on SBR. This shit not a game

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

wow

that is very ****** up

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I've been lifting for 9 months now, here's what I did, after doing tons of research.

Figure out calories you need to maintain your current weight and add about 300 calories a day to that. Make your macros about .9 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, try to keep your carbs relatively low, and eat the rest in good fats, fish oil, coconut oil, animal fats, avoid seed oils, etc.

Stick to a big compound exercise program, either Mark Rippletoe's starting strength, Stronglifts 5x5, something like that. Build up your base strength. Your nervous system will be so shocked by doing squats that you don't really need to do a million bicep curls or garbage like that you're going to grow.

Basic program would be something like, workout 3 days/wk alternating between Day A and Day B

A:
    Squats
    Bench Press
    Deadlift

B:
    Squats
    Standing Press
    Upright Rows

5 sets of 5 reps of each, 3 minutes between sets, with loads of warmup sets. For example, for my Benches right now, I do a set at 45, a set at 75, a set at 105, a set at 135 and then my work sets (5 more of 5 reps each), then I add 5 pounds to each session until I start to fail.

Drink a shake with creatine in it before and after your workouts, with your post workout eat some dextrose (smarties or whatever).

I've had good results with it so far.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Jerk off a lot

and lots of running underwater with boulders.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I'm not trying to get "buff" im trying to get bigger then i am / ripped which is completely possible. and never comment about my "discipline" because you dont even know me. you should post a picture of yourself to show the "perfect" specimen that you are, because to me from reading your posts it just seems like your a very negative and bitter person whos unhappy with there position in life.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

ok brah, but really it's not rocket science. Eat a lot and lift weights to target the area you want. But like every sad c-nt you will hit a wall need to get the gear.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/
    You really don't need to target in the beginning stages. Hitting that nervous system as a beginner is going to encourage growth all over, especially at his age.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post

and lots of running underwater with boulders.
    Best suggestion yet. There are some lovely lakes near Sunderland where Marzy could do tht
    Points Awarded:

marzwoody gave Vaughany 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I'm not trying to get "buff" im trying to get bigger then i am / ripped which is completely possible. and never comment about my "discipline" because you dont even know me. you should post a picture of yourself to show the "perfect" specimen that you are, because to me from reading your posts it just seems like your a very negative and bitter person whos unhappy with there position in life.
    There's no point in getting ripped until you put on mass. Ripped is just ultra-low bodyfat. A skinny guy with ultra-low bodyfat just looks like a concentration camp survivor. Worry about getting your numbers up first.

marzwoody

Is a public twitter account picture private information? and go f-ck yourself man. i post a simple question and you have to be an ass. i have 0% faith that Murphy will beat McMann and i look forward to seeing what name you come up with when most people are trolling your threads except me.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I've been lifting for 9 months now, here's what I did, after doing tons of research.

Figure out calories you need to maintain your current weight and add about 300 calories a day to that. Make your macros about .9 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, try to keep your carbs relatively low, and eat the rest in good fats, fish oil, coconut oil, animal fats, avoid seed oils, etc.

Stick to a big compound exercise program, either Mark Rippletoe's starting strength, Stronglifts 5x5, something like that. Build up your base strength. Your nervous system will be so shocked by doing squats that you don't really need to do a million bicep curls or garbage like that you're going to grow.

Basic program would be something like, workout 3 days/wk alternating between Day A and Day B

A:
    Squats
    Bench Press
    Deadlift

B:
    Squats
    Standing Press
    Upright Rows

5 sets of 5 reps of each, 3 minutes between sets, with loads of warmup sets. For example, for my Benches right now, I do a set at 45, a set at 75, a set at 105, a set at 135 and then my work sets (5 more of 5 reps each), then I add 5 pounds to each session until I start to fail.

Drink a shake with creatine in it before and after your workouts, with your post workout eat some dextrose (smarties or whatever).

I've had good results with it so far.
    haha mark rippletoe. good one.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    There's no point in getting ripped until you put on mass. Ripped is just ultra-low bodyfat. A skinny guy with ultra-low bodyfat just looks like a concentration camp survivor. Worry about getting your numbers up first.
    I will do. and thanks for your earlier post Nunya its very helpful.

1234 ... Last