marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should i start a martial art..?

Sometimes i feel like life is too safe. too boring. as if there is no competition in life, and i have a hunger for competition but no outlet to express it. i also just have this anger inside of me and drive like im supposed to be on a mission but i havent found what it is yet..

I'm not a big dude by any means or even in great shape psychically lol. but i try and keep healthy lift weights and walk a shit ton per day prob more then most do in a week.. lol.

Anyway im thinking about doing kickboxing, muay thai, or just basic MMA lessons. does anyone train in any of these or give suggestions?
    Last edited by marzwoody; 08-11-14 at 03:56 PM.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

If you have the will to stick with it then you should but if you plan on training for like a couple weeks or a month then it's not worth it

the main thing is finding the right gym where you can feel comfortable growing. Martial arts is a great release of all the energy that gets stored within us in our day to day lives which rots us from the inside slowly. Men need an outlet to release their inner beast other wise they waste away.

Watch out for mcdojos, tae bo instructors and jewish ninja gyms find a gym that has reputable experience and a positive overall review. It's great for the body which in turn is great for the mind you communicate your body into something that your mind respects which builds self esteem / confidence in yourself.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Life is not safe Marzy. I am about to quit BJJ because of MRSA. Trust me. Be thankful you think life is too safe. I stay out of traffic. Dont go out late at night. And avoid any dicey situations at all costs. Still one day, the door rings. I answer and guy looking for someone else pulls a gun and says he's going to kill me. Danger lurks everywhere my friend.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

you seen this marz??

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Marzy, u live in one of the uk's mma hotspot areas..of course you should be doin sumin. I like in oxfordshire where there is fuuck all. Up north in places like nottingham, manchester, liverpool, newcastle, sunderland there are plenty of gyms

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Muay Thai all day. You'll develop awesome cardio and flexibility, also the confidence / ability to kick someone's head off if warranted.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Do it Marz, it will make ya a man..

That is if you have the stones to stick with it after you get bruised, battered and sore to start off.. Eventually the body adapts and so does your mental misery... You begin to enjoy it, then when you get good knowing you can hold your own is always a nice feeling.. Confidence builder for sure..

Plus it's always bad ass to say you train MMA daily.. Chicks dig it...
    Attached Images  

marzwoody

^ Thanks guys. still on the fence might buy a bag and kick the shit out of that when i feel like this. if i meet someone who takes classes i would def tag along.. it just seems a bit scary walking into a gym and signing up for something alone.. i know its purely just psychological. and Vaughany your right about the MMA hotspot.. i saw a poster somewhere of gustaffson making an appearance at a nearby bad boy gym... it doesent get better then that like. when things are a bit more permanent ill see about taking a weekend or friday afternoon class.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    you seen this marz??

The guy probably has a history of seizures.. plus it looks like he banged his head on the ground. you always try and scare people sider?
    Last edited by marzwoody; 08-11-14 at 05:47 PM.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    ^ Thanks guys. still on the fence might buy a bag and kick the shit out of that when i feel like this. if i meet someone who takes classes i would def tag along.. it just seems a bit scary walking into a gym and signing up for something alone.. i know its purely just psychological. and Vaughany your right about the MMA hotspot.. i saw a poster somewhere of gustaffson making an appearance at a nearby bad boy gym... it doesent get better then that like. when things are a bit more permanent ill see about taking a weekend or friday afternoon class.
    Naw man, get in there no fear. You can be dogshit but if its a half decent gym they'll see the interest and foster it. My first time I knew nothing and was garbage but I did the Submission grappling class and then the MMA class immediately after. The regulars appreciated it, they knew I was there to get shit done.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Sometimes i feel like life is too safe. too boring. as if there is no competition in life, and i have a hunger for competition but no outlet to express it. i also just have this anger inside of me and drive like im supposed to be on a mission but i havent found what it is yet..

I'm not a big dude by any means or even in great shape psychically lol. but i try and keep healthy lift weights and walk a shit ton per day prob more then most do in a week.. lol.

Anyway im thinking about doing kickboxing, muay thai, or just basic MMA lessons. does anyone train in any of these or give suggestions?
    We got tons of guys around here that roll. Most think they are a heartbeat away from the UFC.