TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Screens at UFC event

What's the deal with screens at UFC events? I'll be at ufc178. I got decent seats but it's still never as good as the screens. I've been front row at mma events before and I still preferred watching the video feed.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Wait, what's the question exactly?

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I hear the best screen is available in your living room

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    What's the deal with screens at UFC events? I'll be at ufc178. I got decent seats but it's still never as good as the screens. I've been front row at mma events before and I still preferred watching the video feed.
    Seriously, I don't understand, if you're going to just watch it on the screens, why not see it in a movie theatre or at a sports bar? Why pay hundreds of dollars to be in a room with a bunch of douchebags?

Never been to an MMA show, but it sounds absolutely awful to me. Maybe if you were front row. Otherwise I'd imagine its like watching a schoolyard fight from the other side of the fence from halfway across the football field.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Seriously, I don't understand, if you're going to just watch it on the screens, why not see it in a movie theatre or at a sports bar? Why pay hundreds of dollars to be in a room with a bunch of douchebags?

Never been to an MMA show, but it sounds absolutely awful to me. Maybe if you were front row. Otherwise I'd imagine its like watching a schoolyard fight from the other side of the fence from halfway across the football field.
    So many super funny bros yelling super funny stuff like PUNCH HIM IN THE DICK!

TheCalculator

I'm well aware that the best seat in the house is at home. But hey... I'm in Vegas and it's a great card. The crowd action should be exciting.

My question is: at UFC events are they streaming the fights on a big screen in the arena so people can see better?

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

I'm well aware that the best seat in the house is at home. But hey... I'm in Vegas and it's a great card. The crowd action should be exciting.

My question is: at UFC events are they streaming the fights on a big screen in the arena so people can see better?
    I would imagine it depends on the venue. In Vegas I would say yea, definitely. They played bellator on big screens in AC at Revel when I was there.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

yes there are a few big screens. u might have trouble getting a gd connection for live betting

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

I'm jealous, sounds like a good time Calc.... Enjoy!!!! If you have good seats your golden.... Best seat isn't always at home... I just went to the Bellator event and I had a blast.... UFC in Vegas is it!!!!!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    So many super funny bros yelling super funny stuff like PUNCH HIM IN THE DICK!
    a guy from my university who i never really liked came along to the Nottingham event that I went to a couple years ago (Hardy vs Sadollah) and he was that guy! He is the worlds biggest attention seeker. So of course he was constantly yelling "Punch him in his tit" and "Grab his boobs".

Was also that event when John Maguire's brother Tommy came and sat next to us and obviously this lad who came knew nothing about MMA so had no idea who he was. So during the Hathaway/Maguire fight which was a stinker he starts hurling abuse. Almost led to us getting pummelled by Maguire and his gypsy mates!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yes there will be. At every event I've been to in UK they've had screens and big overhead projectors showing it. Tis useful when they are on the ground against the cage and for replays after a KO etc...

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

lol, this is basically true, but you could say the same thing about any sporting event, no?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    a guy from my university who i never really liked came along to the Nottingham event that I went to a couple years ago (Hardy vs Sadollah) and he was that guy! He is the worlds biggest attention seeker. So of course he was constantly yelling "Punch him in his tit" and "Grab his boobs".

Was also that event when John Maguire's brother Tommy came and sat next to us and obviously this lad who came knew nothing about MMA so had no idea who he was. So during the Hathaway/Maguire fight which was a stinker he starts hurling abuse. Almost led to us getting pummelled by Maguire and his gypsy mates!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Was also tht event when gunnar nelson came up and sat near us next to his mrs. Again my buddies have no idea who he is or what his personality is like (as we all know he is an ice cold killer who doesnt joke around much). Anyway we get a photo with him and one of the lads thinks it would be hilarious to squeeze gunnar's ass while the photo is being taken. Safe to say he wasnt impressed in the slightest but then he always looks like tht so his reaction wasnt as extreme as you might expect Probably lucky it was him as he's so composed and cool and collected tht he didnt react.

Basically i'm summing up what nunya is talking about.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 08-07-14 at 07:34 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    lol, this is basically true, but you could say the same thing about any sporting event, no?
    Absolutely...soccer games ive been to are considerably worse. At least at ufc events you dont have two opposition crowds wanting to fight eachother and also dont get the crowd hurling abuse at the referee for 90 minutes!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Absolutely...soccer games ive been to are considerably worse. At least at ufc events you dont have two opposition crowds wanting to fight eachother and also dont get the crowd hurling abuse at the referee for 90 minutes!
    maybe not in the UK since everyone is backing the local fighters.

the last event i went to, in newark, some cat got stabbed in the crowd. crazy fockin brazilians.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

maybe not in the UK since everyone is backing the local fighters.

the last event i went to, in newark, some cat got stabbed in the crowd. crazy fockin brazilians.
    ahh yeah, Newark tho! goes without saying doesnt it?! could be a beauty pageant and somebody is still gonna have a brawl!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Never been to any of those either.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

And you get to pay for this experience? Sounds terrific.

My girl tried to start a fight at the movie theatre the other day, can't imagine what she'd do at one of these.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

My friends always ask me if I'm going to UFC Maine or UFC foxwoods.. But ya once you've been to a few the thrill is gone. I always end up watching the screen, even with good seats. Easier to live bet from home too.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

And you get to pay for this experience? Sounds terrific.

My girl tried to start a fight at the movie theatre the other day, can't imagine what she'd do at one of these.
    but on the other hand, you might get to see clay guida getting a blowie from 2 fat chicks in the mens room!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

but on the other hand, you might get to see clay guida getting a blowie from 2 fat chicks in the mens room!
    So, he was on on the other side of the too much hair in the way problem, for once?

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Thats exactly what I expect from Clay.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

You should of just thrown him to the lions and said you dont know this guy.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    yes there are a few big screens. u might have trouble getting a gd connection for live betting
    This was my question for ufc 180....Maaaan its gonna suck balls if i cant get a good connection. Should i go?

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

i went to weidman v silva 1 at mgm. got sum bets n but not all. was walkin around arena trying to get bets n. really suckd. i wouldnt go if u plan on making alot of cash frm live betting. im not going. but then again. u could get a gr8 signal and have no problems i suppose.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Yes, there are 4 screens at the MGM Grand. They are all positioned in the corners. 2 screens are larger, 2 are basically unwatchable depending on where you are sitting. Nothing hanging over the cage like a hockey or basketball arena. If you're on the floor, you're looking up and through the cage. Best seats are the lower level raised seats, as low as possible and near the middle. Enjoy the fights.

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    i went to weidman v silva 1 at mgm. got sum bets n but not all. was walkin around arena trying to get bets n. really suckd. i wouldnt go if u plan on making alot of cash frm live betting. im not going. but then again. u could get a gr8 signal and have no problems i suppose.
    I've got AT&T 4G. Hope they have a good signal. If someone would have a good signal -- probably give you a 5-10 second edge over watching T.V.