Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

MMA News for August

Jon Jones proves UFC is the same as WWE

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

looked super fake to me. JJ throws a right that didn't look close to connecting, the gnp he was "landing" looked fake as well

also, the anik look alike launches himself backwards into the banner

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

DC had some kind of lock on him when they went to the ground, headlock, choke or maybe just his arm. Asshole in the front blocking all the good stuff.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    looked super fake to me. JJ throws a right that didn't look close to connecting, the gnp he was "landing" looked fake as well

also, the anik look alike launches himself backwards into the banner

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Jeez we in august already! Jus got back from 10 days in south of spain and have alcohol poisoning. No idea what day it is never mind date

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

FUGH! kills a lot of bets for me

GRAY MAYNARD REPLACES ABEL TRUJILLO, FACES ROSS PEARSON AT AUG. 16 UFC FIGHT NIGHT

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Gra...ht-Night-71553

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Does maynard have hands and does he throw them like canchez and ross? This change could completely alter jibbehhhhs analysis now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post

GRAY MAYNARD REPLACES ABEL TRUJILLO, FACES ROSS PEARSON AT AUG. 16 UFC FIGHT NIGHT

Jesus, that sucks.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Does maynard have hands and does he throw them like canchez and ross? This change could completely alter jibbehhhhs analysis now
    He's due for a win.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I was half expecting greg jackson to come out of nowhere with an aluminium chair and smash DC over the back with it!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

jon is a pretty good troll. Finally developing a character that will sell.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

card isnt even worth betting on anymore.

MarkWoodstick
    Update your status
    MarkWoodstick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Were most people on Abel in that fight? I think Pearson is significantly better technically but Abel is a beast who hits a lot harder.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Not sure which side you had but definitely frustrating. I had a few parlays closing with Trujillo. Some with already winners in mlb and ATP that now pay close to nothing. Sigh

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

Just saw Mark Hunt post on Facebook saying he's unemployed?????

What???

Lick496

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWoodstick View Post
    Were most people on Abel in that fight? I think Pearson is significantly better technically but Abel is a beast who hits a lot harder.
    I was going to be all over Pearson

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lick496 View Post
    Just saw Mark Hunt post on Facebook saying he's unemployed?????

What???
    Not my choice guys but going from being exited at the prospects of the future of fighting to being unemployed in a day lol this sucks
    8:58am - 5 Aug 14

Lick496

According to Dana he's not cut.

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Quote Originally Posted by Lick496 View Post
    I was going to be all over Pearson
    I'm still going to be.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

really hope mark hunt was hacked...dude was in a FOTY and was on a nice resurgence...if not for anything else, dude is just fun to watch fight even when gassed out throwing bombs...still a few people id like to see him brutally knock out

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

dont drink and tweet

marzwoody

I just watched mark hunt vs wanderlei PRIDE the other day. what a beast of a man. hes not cut probably had a jibby moment.

marzwoody

Did i just let you talk?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Penn decided to call it quits (this time for real) following a third round technical knockout loss to Frankie Edgar in the main event of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 19 Finale, which took place on July 6, 2014, inside Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    Watch video highlights here.

It was an unceremonious return to mixed martial arts (MMA) action after two years on the sidelines.
    After the loss and subsequent retirement, many questioned the strategy, specifically the fighting stance, that "The Prodigy" tried to implement during his trilogy fight against "The Answer." According to his longtime striking coach, Jason Parillo, he would "never in a million years" teach that new, upright stance to his student, saying other trainers were to blame for the change in fight style.
    Speaking to BJPenn.com (via Bloody Elbow), "Baby J" opened up about the strategy, his loss to Edgar and the decision to not work with famed dietician, Mike Dolce, ever again.
    "That boxing style, I've been using that for the past year and a half, two years, and we had a bunch of training partners come in and I did well with everybody. The first training partners we brought in were Lowen Tynanes; the current ONE FC Champ, Russell Doane came in and then, after that, Dominick Cruzcame in. After Dominick Cruz came in Nik Lentz came in, Mirsad Bektic and Nik Lentz came in together, and we had great success with everybody in training and sparring. You know, when you do something new you're rewarded if you win and you're criticized when you lose. I know that's part of the game. As far as how we were doing in training, using the style that we used in the fight, we were doing great. We had no problems training with anybody. There was nobody that just came in and wiped us out or anything like that, so, you know? That's about all I can say about that."
    As far as his decision to drop down to the Featherweight division, Penn says he doesn't really have any regrets.
    He explains:
    "I keep going back about a lot of things ... was it even smart to go down to 145 pounds in the first place? Were you going to have the energy all sucked out, you know? I haven't been to 145 in about 18 years, but besides that this whole last year of my life, I've been just hanging around 160 pounds, trying to watch my weight after the Rory MacDonald fight. I just wanted to watch my weight for general health for myself and my family, and I just stayed around 160 pounds. So, you know, that's what I sparred at, I sparred at that weight, at 158 pounds, so, you know, that's just how it all went down."
    When it came to the weight-cutting process, Penn enlisted the services of Mike Dolce, a man who has helped plenty of other MMA stars reached their desired weight prior to fight night.
    And though Dolce did help Penn hit the 145-pound mark with no problem, the Hawaiian says he will never hire Dolce for anything again.
    "Actually, cutting the weight down was pretty easy for me. I stayed disciplined. I didn't go out and mess around. I'm actually more disciplined than people think or what they give me credit for. The weight cut, of course, is never going to be easy. Going down to a weight that you've never been down to in your life, but besides that I stayed disciplined and I made the weight. One thing that I can say is that I stayed disciplined and I made the weight. As far as Mike Dolce goes; I would never hire him again for anything."
    When asked to elaborate, Penn simply asked to move to the next question.
    In conclusion, Penn made sure to clear Parillo of teaching him the fighting stance and revealed that he had no plans whatsoever to return to MMA. However, he didn't rule out competing in grappling events down the road.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

According to his wife josh grispi beat her black and blue and has left. Could be first fight he's won in years
    Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Man, if she could've just hung on for 5 minutes she could've taken him.
    I was ahead of the game with this one....I'm like the Perez Hilton of MMA news biitches!

Not surprising he's gone off the rails after complete reversal in his MMA fortunes. Went from being the next big thing to an absolute chump in space of 18 months!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

UFC star Conor McGregor was at HQ last night. I was VERY impressed with his Jiu Jitsu
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-24-15 at 10:03 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nice! One pf the greatest beatdowns ever was the one he gave brandon wolff! Guy probably still has tht huge hematoma on his head!

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gunnar Nelson vs. Rick Story is UFC Stockholm main event. I was hoping for Nelson vs. Maia but this is good.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Gunnar Nelson vs. Rick Story is UFC Stockholm main event. I was hoping for Nelson vs. Maia but this is good.
    Not quite Marquardt vs Te Huna-tier, but still one of the worst headliners in modern UFC history.

Only marginally better than Stun Gun vs Hathaway.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I was ahead of the game with this one....I'm like the Perez Hilton of MMA news biitches!

Not surprising he's gone off the rails after complete reversal in his MMA fortunes. Went from being the next big thing to an absolute chump in space of 18 months!
    As if the charges against Josh Grispi weren't unsettling as it is, a new arrest update reveals a dark, sadistic side to the former UFC featherweight.

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight Josh Grispi is in deep doo-doo.

"The Fluke" -- who was bounced from the promotion following four consecutive losses -- was arrested earlier this week on charges of domestic violence, after allegedly training his pitbull to maul his wife on command. That's on top of the drugs and weapons found at his residence (full report here).

And believe it or not, it gets worse.

A new update from Middleborough's "Wicked Local" has a transcription of text messages Grispi allegedly sent to his wife, obtained from court records, and they share what can only be described as a sick, sadistic level of physical and mental abuse.

"UR (expletive) dead and if u even try n bring my kids into it the worse it will b for u and if u try and make a seen (sic) I'll choke u unconscious and smash ur throat and if u get worse n run around after I'm goin to let Buddy have at u and I'll walk out of the room."

"Don't cure (sic) you whore, That's all u think abor (sic) ur a (expletive) scum bag piece of (expletive) who I'm goin enjoy choking to death."

"U better not b bluffing about cops cuz I don't joke ur dead when I see u... Literally. I don't care I'm going to beat u n throw u to buddy, Ur dead."
    Awful.

His wife, Kaitlyn, reportedly suffered a broken wrist and concussion from Grispi's alleged beating, in addition to trauma inflicted by the pitbull attack. Their children, ages one and three, were placed in custody of their grandparents (on Kaitlyn's side). The dog was turned over to animal control.

1234 ... Last