THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs. Miller (July 16, 2014)

FOX Sports 1, 9 p.m. ET
    Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller
    Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham
    Leonardo Mafra vs. Rick Story
    Joe Proctor vs. Justin Salas
    John Lineker vs. Alptekin Ozkilic
    Lucas Martins vs. Alex White

FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET
    Pat Healy vs. Gleison Tibau
    Jessamyn Duke vs. Leslie Smith
    Aljamain Sterling vs. Hugo Viana
    Yosdenis Cedeno vs. Jerrod Sanders

UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET
    Claudia Gadelha vs. Tina Lahdemaki

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-14-15 at 02:37 PM. Reason: image does not exist

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-n...ic-city#/fight

So this is the next UFC event.. Alrightyyyy thennnn.....

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

shit, damn wednesday event. guess i'm taking the day off.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Wonder where healy opens up.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Wonder where healy opens up.
    +120

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MAIN EVENT - I'm thinking Jim Miller is a really tough dude and I certainly don't like the way Cowboy sticks his chin out when he fights and it's possible Jim could tap that chin and put Cowboy to sleep once and for all.. Ground games are even and I don't think either has an advantage on the ground..

Cowboy is still the more fluent of the two strikers and he has a larger arsenal of striking over Jim Miller...

I'm probably gonna make a play on Cowboy come fight time hoping he doesn't get clocked.... Not so confident though..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-07-14 at 04:31 PM.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    MAIN EVENT - Jim Miller is a tough dude and I certainly don't like the way Cowboy sticks his chin out when he fights.. It's possible Jim could tap that chin and put Cowboy to sleep once and for all.. Ground games are even and I don't think either has an advantage on the ground.. Cowboy is still a little more fluent of the two strikers and he has a larger arsenal of striking over Jim Miller...

I'm probably gonna make a play on Cowboy come fight time hoping he doesn't get clocked.... Not so confident though..
    If you're not confident then you might as well bet the dog @ +196.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    If you're not confident then you might as well bet the dog @ +196.
    I always gotta bet on whom I think will win the fight..Might Parlay Cowboy up with a few other small 2 teamers...

Let's see how this all unfolds over the next week as I continue to gather up more information..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I always gotta bet on whom I think will win the fight..Might Parlay Cowboy up with a few other small 2 teamers...

Let's see how this all unfolds over the next week as I continue to gather up more information..
    would you bet Cerrone at -500 then as you think he will win? How about -800, -1000, -25000? Doesnt matter what the odds are does it #winnerz

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    would you bet Cerrone at -500 then as you think he will win? How about -800, -1000, -25000? Doesnt matter what the odds are does it #winnerz
    Ya know I gotta retract on my above statement.. I would and have bet on huge underdogs that I absolutely thought would lose.. Small stuff though.. I do think anything can happen in the cage and even huge underdogs sometimes can strike lightening in a bottle..

I probably would bet on Cowboy at -500 if the line came out that way.. I don't think Jim Miller can beat Cowboy if Cowboy can avoid the big shots.. I would parlay it for really small and not let that parlay play have a real negative impact on my bank roll..

I tend to bet on sucker bets on the main card every once in a while for entertainment value when viewing. In other words it's a little more fun to have some juice riding...

Ok back to the fights.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-08-14 at 11:13 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Was hoping Cerrone's line was better. He is the rightful fav as he should have an advantage pretty much anywhere.
    Still might play it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Edson Barbosa vs Evan Dunham - My take, It's funny, everytime I see Evan Dunham fight I think he's a tough guy, brings it, decent skills, pretty durable but slow and not really explosive in any areas.. He's always in the fights but comes up short alot against the skilled strikers that are quicker to the punch.. Edson Barbosa is just that, he will be faster, more athletic and far more dangerous with his striking.. I'm thinking Evan Dunham gets picked apart slowly in this fight standing and maybe even eventually dropped..

Evan Dunham is a bit of a grinder, good gas tank, well rounded....but Esdson Barbosa seems to come into his fights in shape also and doesn't seem to gas out easily, that's not good for E.D... When you look at Edson's fights (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Edson-Barboza-46259) he really has only been stopped by the elite strikers, and he's gotten past the slower heavy hitters.. Evan Dunham is neither a power puncher or a really elite striker so Edson should fair well in this bout....

I'm thinking Edson Barbosa all day long in this one anyways fellas even at -230..

http://www.mmaweekly.com/edson-barbo...fight-night-45
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-09-14 at 01:03 PM.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Ya know I gotta retract on my above statement.. I would and have bet on huge underdogs that I absolutely thought would lose.. Small stuff though.. I do think anything can happen in the cage and even huge underdogs sometimes can strike lightening in a bottle..

I probably would bet on Cowboy at -500 if the line came out that way.. I don't think Jim Miller can beat Cowboy if Cowboy can avoid the big shots.. I would parlay it for really small and not let that parlay play have a real negative impact on my bank roll..

I tend to bet on sucker bets on the main card every once in a while for entertainment value when viewing. In other words it's a little more fun to have some juice riding...

Ok back to the fights.....
    You really see Jim Miller tkoing Cerrone? I think his best chance is using his wrestling to win a decision.

mmaed

I agree with you about Barbosa completely. Tough match up for Dunham. Though I would bet Barbosa would be in a world of trouble if Dunham could get him down.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    You really see Jim Miller tkoing Cerrone? I think his best chance is using his wrestling to win a decision.
    I don't see Jim KO'ing Cowboy but I think it's possible the way Cerrone fights standing up right and with his chin sticking out.. That's how Cowboy fights and it's worked out well for him in the past so I can't knock it. MT, kick boxing stance... He did get rocked in a few of his recent fights but hung in with his solid chin and toughness... I think that solid chin of his saves him alot..

Cowboy has worked hard on this TD defense and wresling.. Last I checked Jim Miller doesn't have explosive doubles so I think Cowboy should be able to defend and keep the fight standing.. Also Cowboy is pretty solid on the ground anways, can probably find his way back to his feet as well against Jimmy...

mmaed

I wasn't saying I expect Jim Miller to be able to outwrestle him. I think he would have trouble holding Cerrone down let alone taking him down consistently. I just see a huge gap in the standup between the two of them. Maybe I am misjudging it but I don't feel like I am.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Jibbeh, if miller had one arm and a stub for the other would he have a better chance?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cheeese, and Lick496

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Millers problem is he has a hard time gwttibg it to the ground. He tries then gives up a bit if he cant.

If it goes to the ground Miller may sub him. Cerrone is no noob on the ground at all. But Miller is dangerous. Everyone knows he has a good ground game but I think people still underestimate it. He is always looking for an opening and he knows how to take advantage of it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    I wasn't saying I expect Jim Miller to be able to outwrestle him. I think he would have trouble holding Cerrone down let alone taking him down consistently. I just see a huge gap in the standup between the two of them. Maybe I am misjudging it but I don't feel like I am.
    I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Cowboy shoot for a double and get it in the later rounds.. I do like Cowboy Cerrone's chances in this one.... Cowboy has solid wrestling now.. He's a true seasoned veteran at this point and has the full package... Probably not wise to bet against him in this one..

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Miller will get clowned -234 for me....Cowboy will kill him on the feet if he keeps his distance....

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I like both fighters. It's just a great matchup for Cowboy. Actually surprised he's not more expensive as I would think it would be -300 or more.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

cowboy+barbosa+story parlay???
    dont really see how any of these 3 can really lose

+170 odds what you guys think

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

people really can't see anyway cerrone loses? dude has shown to be flakey...im not nearly as confident as some of you guys...

firekillex

hes only shaky when its a #1 contenders bout in fights like these hes proven to win imo

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I made a pretty big play on Cerrone. Miller's cardio is absolute dogshit, for whatever reason, and Cerrone will, even if he's losing, push the pace. Cerrone's cardio is neverending (story) and while I expect him to be winning the first two rounds, even if he's losing them, I'd be surprised if he didn't rally in the final three. Miller has a legitimate chance at a sub, because he's an incredibly savy fighter who may be able to make something happen with his intelligent boxing, given Cerrone's poor boxing defence. If he can hurt him, or even coerce a takedown, he could easily submit him. It's a fight where either guy could get the sub, but Miller is without question the better jiu jitsu practitioner, so I never want to see it hit the ground. He could flash armbar Cerrone in round one and f-ck up my night.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

i just see people saying they'd be willing to bet cerrone at -500 which seems absolutely insane to me...

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

im with you Tommy

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    i just see people saying they'd be willing to bet cerrone at -500 which seems absolutely insane to me...
    Jim Miller is a very tough out. I'm not taking him lightly like all the others are suggesting in this thread..

Still, If cowboy brings his A game he should win this fight. We've all seen Cowboy fight and he typically only gets beat up by very skilled, quick and or long strikers.... Jim Miller does not fit the criteria of those fighters that beat Cowboy... Jim Miller is what 5'8".. Cowboy 6'1"..

Jim should get worked standing simply put.... Cowboy keeps the fight standing or at worst can hold his own on the ground if it goes there..

Cowboy seems like the logical bet choice going in...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    cowboy+barbosa+story parlay???
    dont really see how any of these 3 can really lose

+170 odds what you guys think
    I like it...

Rick Story should have his way with this fill in fighter Leonardo Mafra coming in on short notice... Looking into this Leonardo Mafra chump at 11-1 he really hasn't fought anyone remotely as good as Rick Story.. His UFC debut should be short lived in other words.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Leona...-Texeira-76653

Rick Story is also fighting for his UFC life right now, with losing all these tight fights recently, he cannot afford to lose this one and still expect to have a job at Zuffa after..

This should be an easy fight for Rick story as I'm looking it over...

Rick Story's wrestling and power punching convinces me in this one against Leonardo Mafra..http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/leonard...fight-night-45
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-10-14 at 11:40 AM.

Spartan365
    Spartan365's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hey all, interesting reads. cowboy v miller is a tough one. i have some units down on cowboy im just hoping he keeps it standing miller is a gamer tho.

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

miller by flying DOUBLE armbar. You heard it here first

such glorious technique

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Joe Proctor vs Justin Sales - I can't find many reasons to go with the favorite in Justin Sales based on his recent fights.. Both of these guys kinda suck so you gotta go with the dog with the least amount of flees.. I'm thinking Joe Proctor for the value????

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/joe-pro...ight-45-lineup

Maybe someone else can shed a little more light on this match up???? I'm struggling a bit with this one.... Just going down the fight card in order.. Not a lot of write ups on this event circulating thus far..http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/...n-j-bomb-salas

THE FIGHT PREDICTOR.. Interesting value suggestions and why... http://thefightpredictor.com/2014/07...ions-and-bets/
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-10-14 at 12:18 PM.

firekillex

I like it...

Rick Story should have his way with this fill in fighter Leonardo Mafra coming in on short notice... Looking into this Leonardo Mafra chump at 11-1 he really hasn't fought anyone remotely as good as Rick Story.. His UFC debut should be short lived in other words.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Leona...-Texeira-76653

Rick Story is also fighting for his UFC life right now, with losing all these tight fights recently, he cannot afford to lose this one and still expect to have a job at Zuffa after..

This should be an easy fight for Rick story as I'm looking it over...

Rick Story's wrestling and power punching convinces me in this one against Leonardo Mafra..http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/leonard...fight-night-45
    booked it already just a smaller wager
    i see rick story winning, with his whole ufc career on the line hell have to come in with everything, hes still a very talented WW, just faces a lot of stiff competition

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Kevin "no cardio" Casey won a fight...anything can happen...

1234 ... Last