THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

WSOF 11: Gaethje vs. Newell (July 05, 2014)

NBC, 4 p.m. ET
    Justin Gaethje vs. Nick Newell
    Jon Fitch vs. Dennis Hallman
    Pablo Alfonso vs. Cody Bollinger
    Gesias Cavalcante vs. Melvin Guillard

MMAjunkie, 2 p.m. ET
    Benny Madrid vs. Luis Palomino
    Alexandre Pimentel vs. Jerrod Sanders
    Jose Caceres vs. Maurice Salmon
    Jake Heun vs. Kendrick Miree
    Neiman Gracie vs. Dustin Holyko

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

5dimes took the lines off almost instantly

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Gathje is a dog?

Lick496

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Gathje is a dog?
    i was betting as it got cancelled

Lick496

lollllll they put up the lines backwards

Lick496

lollllll they put up the lines backwards

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Newell at +300. Gaethje is a beast but this line is off.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Yeah, was up, I bet it, they flipped it, I took the other side.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

This might be the card to bet on over the weekend to make money..

My take and pics....

Love Nick Newell as an almost 4-1 underdog!!! Impossible to defend his chokes with that nub hook arm of his.. Once locked in it's impossible to escape.. (5 unit straight bet for me on Nick Newell)

I will never bet against that guy just because of his nub to go along with that razor sharp elbow of his... I also think it's an unfair advantage in the sport.. Nick could get KO'd charging in but once in the clinch or on the ground he's at a huge advantage as seen in all his previous fights and this one should be no different..

Going with Melvin Guillard and Jon Fitch in a parlay (3 units) - Jon Fitch is not fighting a guy whom knocks out people so he should win grinding it out as he likes to do.. Melvin is just simply more talented then his opponent also coming straight from the UFC....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-05-14 at 12:34 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Is melvin motivated this time like bj is motivated?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    V don't start with me.. LOL...

Melvin is probably more motivated then ever fighting in this new organization.. Why wouldn't he be? New bosses, new venue, new start.. Should be a solid play just like Jon Fitch...

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Melvin is probably more motivated then ever fighting in this new organization.. Why wouldn't he be? New bosses, new venue, new start.. Should be a solid play just like Jon Fitch...
    He didn't make weight and didn't seem to care much either.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    He didn't make weight and didn't seem to care much either.
    Really Jimmy???... Not good then!!!! I didn't see the weigh ins..... Even an unmotivated and heavy Melvin should still win this fight.. We see..

I already got 3 units on him in a parlay and I ain't backing it up.. I guess my motivational theory is shattered then.. Let's gamble anyways....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Haha tht wasnt mocking you this time! More mocking those tht always say Melvin is back and focussed this time much like bj is always back and motivated this time!

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

My take and pics....

Love Nick Newell as an almost 4-1 underdog!!! Impossible to defend his chokes with that nub hook arm of his.. Once locked in it's impossible to escape.. (10 unit straight bet for me on Nick Newell)

I will never bet against that guy just because of his nub to go along with that razor sharp elbow of his... I also think it's an unfair advantage in the sport.. Nick could get KO'd charging in but once in the clinch or on the ground he's at a huge advantage as seen in all his previous fights and this one should be no different..

Going with Melvin Guillard and Jon Fitch in a parlay (3 units) - Jon Fitch is not fighting a guy whom knocks out people so he should win grinding it out as he likes to do.. Melvin is just simply more talented then his opponent also coming straight from the UFC....
    Never know when you are trolling Jibster. If you're serious about Newell then I can't wait to read MD's response. Newell is going to get absolutely DEMOLISHED!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Never know when you are trolling Jibster. If you're serious about Newell then I can't wait to read MD's response. Newell is going to get absolutely DEMOLISHED!
    I said he could get knocked out charging in like he does in fights, but when clinched or on the ground Nick can sneak in and land that choke from crazy angles, it's sneaky, it's fast and very hard to see coming..

Sure he's fighting a beast and very good wrestler but Nick Newell is someone you can't prepare for.. I think Nick get's the choke locked in again at some point in this fight.. I'm betting on it anyways...

I think the odds should be closer to even or Nick Newell even being favored a bit in my mind.. Certainly not a 4-1 underdog anyways..

WE SEE IF HE GET DEMOLISHED Ronster like you say...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-04-14 at 06:00 PM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

My take and pics....

Love Nick Newell as an almost 4-1 underdog!!! Impossible to defend his chokes with that nub hook arm of his.. Once locked in it's impossible to escape.. (10 unit straight bet for me on Nick Newell)

Are you insane? Have you ever seen Justin Gaethje fight?

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

He fights like a bum and newell should wreck him

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Are you insane? Have you ever seen Justin Gaethje fight?
    I have and he's a beast. Undefeated.. Justin is tough....

Still Nick Newell has adapted to fight extremely well with the nub and is a decent wrestler himself, he has that advantage with the chop arm and that might be enough in this fight.. Nick is dangerous in tight range and that's all I know... He's undefeated too..

I honestly don't think he should be allowed to fight in MMA.. Gotta consider this - His arm missing full of blood has to be a 7 to 10 pound weight reduction in body mass, so when you think about it, his body and core should be bigger then other fighters at weigh ins.. No one considers that with Nick Newell either..

He gives up a hand and wrist but get's alot in return... You also can't prepare to fight that guy either as the opposing fighter with the Nick Newell sub attacks... NO WAY....

He's the underdog story in MMA... He has a chance in this one for sure.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-04-14 at 08:49 PM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I have and he's a beast. Undefeated.. Justin is tough....

Still Nick Newell has adapted to fight extremely well with the nub and is a decent wrestler himself, he has that advantage with the chop arm and that might be enough in this fight.. Nick is dangerous in tight rage and that's all I know... He's undefeated too..

I honestly don't think he should be allowed to fight in MMA.. Gotta consider this - His arm missing full of blood has to be a 7 to 10 pound weight reduction, so when you think about it, his body weight and core should be bigger then other fighters when weighing in.. No one considers that with Nick Newell either..

He gives up a hand and wrist but get's alot in return...
    You also can't prepare to fight that guy either as the opposing fighter with the Nick Newell sub attacks... NO WAY....

He's the underdog story in MMA... He has a chance in this one for sure.....
    There's a tolerable level of stupidity on SBR, and presenting the idea that Nick Newell should not be allowed to fight in MMA because of the advantage of having half of his arm chopped off is far past that level.

You always find new and more inventive ways to make yourself look bad. It's so much easier to assume you're a troll.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol i honestly dident even know nick newell was that kid without an arm thats how much i was paying attention. but if jibster is right and he wins, then jibby has achieved boss status.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nick "the Nub" Newell

Lick496

Wowwwwww jibby..........

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    There's a tolerable level of stupidity on SBR, and presenting the idea that Nick Newell should not be allowed to fight in MMA because of the advantage of having half of his arm chopped off is far past that level.

You always find new and more inventive ways to make yourself look bad. It's so much easier to assume you're a troll.
    My logic is undeniable, don't hate congratulate.....

This UFC tonight special edition on FOX1 is crap and weak.. Gonna check out some fireworks now.. I'm out.

Ron_Paul_2012

My take and pics....

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    He fights like a bum and newell should wreck him

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

I like Newell at >+300 odds. Not having an arm to defend against Gaethje insane aggression will certainly be cause for concern but I do give Newell a shot and think odds are inflated here. Justin will need to approach this more conservative than we've seen from him in the past or I believe he may end up in a bad position. I don't think this will be the blow out you guys suggest. Should be fun to watch, gotta figure out how I will catch it in Dominican Republic, maybe free stream sites.

Also, fade guillard.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

This beating on live network tv is going to get mma banned. Use your money to wipe your ass if you'd bet Newell at 10/1.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    This beating on live network tv is going to get mma banned. Use your money to wipe your ass if you'd bet Newell at 10/1.
    and yet the line opened at 4-1. Weird huh? Guess you should bet your life on it, you seem really confident.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Jibbeh's love for the handicapped like Newell is understandable fellas

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

Ron_Paul_2012

Nick Newell has been managed/handled with kid gloves. He's had soft touches for opponents up till now. I believe he really thinks of himself as elite. However, Gaethje is no soft touch. Newell & his backers are going to be in for a huge reality check! Believe it!!

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Newell is mediocre with a quick td, but looks like guys cant defend the choke. nothing there to pry the arm off with. Thats the advantage. Gaethje could get caught if he's not smart.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Having said, I'm not sure if Newell can pull it off whilst laying face down in a pool of blood.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    V BJ has been walking around at 148 for three days now. Don't u learn anything. Motivated like never before.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Let me use my strong hand child!

1234 Last