Betpoints: 254

MMA Writer Eric Holden

First, glance at this:

http://www.examiner.com/article/long...fight-night-43

Then read the texts at the bottom of this page:

http://promotingwomen.blogspot.ca/20...ssie-robb.html

Then glance over this:

http://www.examiner.com/article/dieg...r-ross-pearson

What the actual fuuck. You'd assume that the last link is a joke, even into the first paragraph, I was convinced it was a joke, but the more I read by this guy, the more I started to realize that he is being completely serious.

Diego Sanchez closes in on UFC title shot with lopsided win over Ross Pearson

"Sure its true that Pearson landed more overall strikes, 51-33, and at the higher percentage, 41 percent to 24 percent. Pearson also had the fight's only takedown and knockdown. However, Sanchez's effective aggressiveness may have been the difference-maker.

While Pearson moved side to side or back-peddled, Sanchez pressed forward while landing legal strikes. As for the takedown Pearson landed, he didn't do much with it. Far more important was Sanchez's willingness to engage, and dictate the pace of the bout. Of course effective striking and grappling are key components of the 10-Point Must Scoring System in MMA, but control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness are just as important.
    Sanchez was never hurt during his UFC Fight Night 42 bout against Pearson. In fact, Sanchez appeared to have Pearson momentarily wobbled in the third frame. Had the bout gone to a fourth or fifth round, who knows what could have happened? In all likelihood, Sanchez would have earned a knockout finish had the fight gone a bit longer. "The Nightmare" is used to training at elevation, so he had the advantage as far as cardio goes."

How exactly does this guy have a job?

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    First, glance at this:

Then read the texts at the bottom of this page:

http://promotingwomen.blogspot.ca/20...ssie-robb.html

Then glance over this:

http://www.examiner.com/article/dieg...r-ross-pearson

What the actual fuuck. You'd assume that the last link is a joke, even into the first paragraph, I was convinced it was a joke, but the more I read by this guy, the more I started to realize that he is being completely serious.

"Sure its true that Pearson landed more overall strikes, 51-33, and at the higher percentage, 41 percent to 24 percent. Pearson also had the fight's only takedown and knockdown. However, Sanchez's effective aggressiveness may have been the difference-maker.

While Pearson moved side to side or back-peddled, Sanchez pressed forward while landing legal strikes. As for the takedown Pearson landed, he didn't do much with it. Far more important was Sanchez's willingness to engage, and dictate the pace of the bout. Of course effective striking and grappling are key components of the 10-Point Must Scoring System in MMA, but control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness are just as important.
    Sanchez was never hurt during his UFC Fight Night 42 bout against Pearson. In fact, Sanchez appeared to have Pearson momentarily wobbled in the third frame. Had the bout gone to a fourth or fifth round, who knows what could have happened? In all likelihood, Sanchez would have earned a knockout finish had the fight gone a bit longer. "The Nightmare" is used to training at elevation, so he had the advantage as far as cardio goes."

Par for the course over here in the U.S. When it comes to politics, journalism is dead & has been for quite some time now. As for MMA journalism. There is no such thing, with the only exception being Zack Arnold from fightopinion.com Indy news on the internet is the only thing keeping investigative journalism alive in politics.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Hahhaa this guy sounds like a legend! Absolute freak!

"ur kissy pics give me a boner"!

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Has to be a joke.
    Last edited by Wilbo86; 07-02-14 at 08:10 AM.

Wilbo86

Last edited by Wilbo86; 07-02-14 at 08:11 AM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    Sorry, i don't feel good about that...
    I actually thought the exact same thing, but decided not to post it because of my strong sense of friendliness and affection for those on SBR.

You're one merciless bastard, Wilbo86.

Also, you become numb to it eventually.

EDIT: Your edit ruined my joke and now it doesn't make sense.

Wilbo86

I actually thought the exact same thing, but decided not to post it because of my strong sense of friendliness and affection for those on SBR.

You're one merciless bastard, Wilbo86.

Also, you become numb to it eventually.
    Lolz, I just took it back. Cheers for not quoting the original. Maybe i still have a heart after all?

MD

Lolz, I just took it back. Cheers for not quoting the original. Maybe i still have a heart after all?
    Men like you can never find redemption. You're too far gone.

Coincidentally, "the phantom pain" is a great name for the feeling I get when that guy posts (see, being vague; maybe I still have a heart after all?)

Wilbo86

Men like you can never find redemption. You're too far gone.

Coincidentally, "the phantom pain" is a great name for the feeling I get when that guy posts (see, being vague; maybe I still have a heart after all?)
    Wow, thats an epic trailer. (see, subtely changing the subject. You know you're too far gone when you get a warm fuzzy feeling from simply not being a pr1ck)

MD

Wow, thats an epic trailer. (see, subtely changing the subject. You know you're too far gone when you get a warm fuzzy feeling from simply not being a pr1ck)
    For some reason, that one is shortened and leaves out the absolute best part.

Go to 4:18. Kiefer Sutherland f-cking nails it as Snake. The very last line at the end of the trailer gave me chills.

Also, +1 for the blatant David Bowie reference.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

For some reason, that one is shortened and leaves out the absolute best part.

Go to 4:18. Kiefer Sutherland f-cking nails it as Snake. The very last line at the end of the trailer gave me chills.

Also, +1 for the blatant David Bowie reference.
    I read the original voice actor for Snake was taking some shots at Kiefer on twitter. I guess he felt that he was pushed out.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I read the original voice actor for Snake was taking some shots at Kiefer on twitter. I guess he felt that he was pushed out.
    He sort of was, but he got a decent amount of criticism for how he played this Snake. Basically, for those who aren't familiar with MGS (which I'm assuming is none of you), there are two protagonists named Snake; Solid Snake/Old Snake, the more well-known one, and Naked Snake/Punished Snake/Big Boss, who was the player character in MGS3, and this upcoming game, as both are prequels. He voiced Big Boss as if he were just Solid Snake, when in reality, the two are completely different characters with completely different personalities and motives, despite looking almost identical (as Solid Snake is a genetic clone of Big Boss). Having a different voice actor was a great idea, and Kiefer has the exact sort of air I'd want Big Boss to have. I think he sounds great in the trailer.

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea."

Kermit

I think also that Kiefer took over the role of Snake because he is supposed to be playing him in the new movie(whenever that happens)

I am familiar with the games. I have Phantom Pain on preorder for the PS4.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He sort of was, but he got a decent amount of criticism for how he played this Snake. Basically, for those who aren't familiar with MGS (which I'm assuming is none of you), there are two protagonists named Snake; Solid Snake/Old Snake, the more well-known one, and Naked Snake/Punished Snake/Big Boss, who was the player character in MGS3, and this upcoming game, as both are prequels. He voiced Big Boss as if he were just Solid Snake, when in reality, the two are completely different characters with completely different personalities and motives, despite looking almost identical (as Solid Snake is a genetic clone of Big Boss). Having a different voice actor was a great idea, and Kiefer has the exact sort of air I'd want Big Boss to have. I think he sounds great in the trailer.

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea."
    Sounds like a Matt Berninger lyric

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Sounds like a Matt Berninger lyric
    Hah, it totally does.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Metal gear solid is the transformers of video games,

marzwoody

So when is the new metal gear solid movie out? i enjoyed watching the last one, although i dont know why i had a controller in my hand

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    So when is the new metal gear solid movie out? i enjoyed watching the last one, although i dont know why i had a controller in my hand
    Yeah, no kidding. There was like 4 hours of video in MGS 4.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. There was like 4 hours of video in MGS 4.
    I really think metal gear solid would work better as a movie to be honest. the gameplay in the last one was subpar at best.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I posted this in the te Huna marquart thread last week. Same idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    took villante and magny to start. hoping i can stay awake to watch 2 or 3 fights.

... this is a hilarious article.

2 paragraphs devoted to how sexy he is.

then

"Long Island heartthrob Gian Villante (11-5) faces the toughest challenge of his young career this weekend in New Zealand when he goes up against fast-rising superstar Sean O'Connell"

"Villante vs. O'Connell is an absolute must-watch, as both men could be fighting to remain on the UFC roster."

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Is the Examiner one of these sites where literally anybody can create an account and write articles? This Holden freak has a new one out now claiming tht Rousey and Tate are best of friends in real life! But his only evidence in the actual article is thht rousey said she respects tate as a fighter and tate said she is thankful for having rousey in her life! Apparently this means they are best mates and the whole rivalry was faked!

is this guy just an amazing troll going to extreme lengths?!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Same guy by any chance?! https://antipolygraph.org/documents/...rassment.shtml

his twitter is "badnewseric" btw

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Same guy by any chance?! https://antipolygraph.org/documents/...rassment.shtml

his twitter is "badnewseric" btw
    I think that gives clue hes a troll

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Definitely a troll. I was suspicious before and that more than confirms it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He's like the new breed of super troll tho...jus lays it all out admitting who he is, although i guess he whole name and picture and long island thing could be fake. Good way to gain attention and twitter followers i guess if thts what floats ur boat!

marzwoody

Speaking of terrible writers look at this guy, what a dickhead "the only way to make new stars is by beating the champion." so im guessing you know knowing about MMA. there was no other stars during anderson silva and gsp's reign?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...thless-for-ufc