THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC 173: Barao vs. Dillashaw (May 24, 2014)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Renan Barao vs. T.J. Dillashaw
    Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Robbie Lawler
    Takeya Mizugaki vs. Francisco Rivera
    James Krause vs. Jamie Varner

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Michael Chiesa vs. Francisco Trinaldo
    Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno
    Chico Camus vs. Chris Holdsworth
    Mitch Clarke vs. Al Iaquinta

UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET
    Anthony Njokuani vs. Vinc Pichel
    Doo Ho Choi vs. Sam Sicilia
    Jingliang Li vs. David Michaud

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

These UFC posters look worse every time i see them

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Capped krause as a marginal favourite... but varner makes fights a lot closer than they should be by pure determination, don't like betting against guys like that. I'm going to have to let it percolate some more before I make an FID.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    These UFC posters look worse every time i see them
    Yee tell me about it, Md looked like shiit last time imbimped in to him. Pun has piled on the pounds as well
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

never thought Cormier would be this high of a line. Was hoping about 3 to 1. Him and Barao to me are a cinch to win but i would never risk Daniel especially at these odds

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yee tell me about it, Md looked like shiit last time imbimped in to him. Pun has piled on the pounds as well
    In my defence, I had had my face in your asshole for hours.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

What a bad card to bet on. However I haven't looked into Barao inside or dc by Dec.

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Wow, only just got the joke. Can't tell if thats a poorer indictment on me or you...

Props to you, i guess...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    In my defence, I had had my face in your asshole for hours.
    How could i forget!

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Odds out, I took Njokuanki's opener

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

All dogs except for varner. Def make a profit.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    All dogs except for varner. Def make a profit.
    Focking jerk off.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

TJ was impressive his last fight but Barao is on another level.

As dominant Cormier has been, it might only take one H-bomb to take him out and Hendo has to swing for the fences if he's going to win an upset. Cormier is clearly the stronger fighter and Hendo can't outwrestle him. Most likely a KO or TKO in favor of Cormier, but still worth a small risk on Hendo in case he can pull the same like he did against Fedor.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Which way is the Holdsworth line going to move?
    #winnerz

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC173#/fightWell

Fight break downs - Top 3 fights.. Short version...

TJ Dillashaw vs Renan Barao - TJ is a good wrestler, a solid fighter and well rounded but he's meeting a super star of the sport in Renan Barao whom is on a massive fight win streak.. (32-1).. Barao simply looks unbeatable right now and hasn't lost a fight since 2005.. Chances are Renan Barao is going to knock out Dillashaw (9-2) whom was stopped by John Dodson with strikes not too long ago..

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/TJ-Di...an-Barao-23156

Dan Henderson vs Daniel Cormier - Hendo's been on a nice roll lately but I smell trouble going into this fight.. Hendo was rocked and knocked silly and really showed his age in his last fight.. He was fortunate to land that sneaky upper cut to beat Shogun.. Now he faces a beast in DC whom has cut weight and looks great at 205.. DC is undefeated at 14-0.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Daniel-Cormier-52311

Daniel Cormier is the full package now at 205, wrestling, punching power, has shown a great chin and remains undefeated in his MMA career... This probably will be the fight where Hendo get's dropped and KO'd.. Hendo's only chance in this one is for him to keep his distance and land that H-Bomb. DC should be stronger, have better cardio and be the more dominate fighter in basically all areas... To Dan's credit he has landed the H-Bomb before to end fights so it's possible but not likely... DC has never been rocked or wobbled from a punch yet in his fights....

Robbie Lawler vs Jake Ellenberger - Robbie Lawler has looked solid lately, he's been dominate standing and is solid on the ground.. Jake Ellenberger is a (great wrestler) but I'm thinking Robbie keeps it standing and KO's Jake at some point.. Robbie Lawler, some would say got robbed against Johnny Hendricks (great wrestler) in his last fight.. I'm sure he's still bitter over that and will seek revenge starting with Jake Ellenberger..

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Robbie-Lawler-2245

I'll add more fights tonight to this post when I find the time..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-19-14 at 07:09 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Jibbbbeeeyyyy

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Which way is the Holdsworth line going to move?
    #winnerz
    Depends who MD is maxi-betting on. #drasticlinemover

Becel
    Becel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Bad card to bet on. Too much chalk, but the heavy favorites are justified. I can't see Dillashaw or Henderson having much of a chance. Its surprising to me that Henderson is more of a dog because at least he does have a right hand that could be a remote wildcard in that fight. Dillashaw to me will have nothing for Barao.

I'll have to watch some video on these unknowns this week to see if there is value on some of these dogs in the prelims. There is usually a diamond or two somewhere.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Can never be too much chalk for me and my boiii ronpaul son. Parlayz galore...Iaquinta, Njokuani, el cucuy.. Lock it up couzinz

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Becel View Post
    Bad card to bet on. Too much chalk, but the heavy favorites are justified. I can't see Dillashaw or Henderson having much of a chance. Its surprising to me that Henderson is more of a dog because at least he does have a right hand that could be a remote wildcard in that fight. Dillashaw to me will have nothing for Barao.

I'll have to watch some video on these unknowns this week to see if there is value on some of these dogs in the prelims. There is usually a diamond or two somewhere.
    Dillashaw has a far better chance than Hendeson. Henderson can really only win by getting the KO, and that's incredibly unlikely. Dillashaw has an incredibly well-rounded MMA game and is arguably more athletic and faster than Barao. He's a legitimately skilled and elite bantamweight, especially when compared to Henderson/Cormier, where the skill difference is almost insurmountable.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Dillashaw definitely worth a shot at those odds. If I have a big night I will most likely lose a lot shooting for the moon with him.

Henderson by KO just because I hope it happens.

Becel

I can't agree MD. It seems to me that this fight is similar to Urijah vs Macdonald. A young gun that's supposedly going to challenge the more experienced fighter. Anyway, it doesn't matter as both are going to get killed, but I think Henderson will outlast Dillashaw. Idk, it doesn't matter as I won't be betting on these fights, except for the over/under possibly.

For fun you take the over Dillashaw and I'll take over Henderson haha. If I win, I own you forever and if you win well.. I made a capping mistake lol. If I lose, I'll blame it on Hendo being 83 years old, so bother getting bragging rights .

MD

I can't agree MD. It seems to me that this fight is similar to Urijah vs Macdonald. A young gun that's supposedly going to challenge the more experienced fighter. Anyway, it doesn't matter as both are going to get killed, but I think Henderson will outlast Dillashaw. Idk, it doesn't matter as I won't be betting on these fights, except for the over/under possibly.

For fun you take the over Dillashaw and I'll take over Henderson haha. If I win, I own you forever and if you win well.. I made a capping mistake lol. If I lose, I'll blame it on Hendo being 83 years old, so bother getting bragging rights .
    Who lasts longer =/= who is more likely to win.

I expect Henderson/Cormier to go the distance more often, because I expect Cormier to be constantly moving and I give Henderson almost no shot of KOing Cormier.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I also think Hendo is going to get plain worked over in this fight and DC might just retire him. DC will also take him down at will if he chooses as Hendo's wrestling has left with his age.

Gotta go with Barao since he's fighting someone from Team Alpha Male....lol

Becel

Well I certainly give Hendo more of a chance at KOing Cormier than I do Dillashaw KOing Barao, that's for certain. Your argument of how Dillashaw has a better chance then Hendo is growing weaker. The odds are don't reflect the fight imo.

This is all a completely stupid argument Bararo is going to walk into him and destroy. Dillashaw is outclassed, he is certainly not more athletic nor faster. I mean are being fuckin serious?

Urijah was killing Dillashaws until he walked into a ring with Barao and got his ass handed to him. I'm surprised Barao isn't -2000 and thats not a joke.

Its like I said I would not bet on either fights, but betting on these two dogs is a total waste of money imo.

marzwoody

Dillashaw for the upset! calling it now! fade me if you dare. #winnerz

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Who better to train Dillashaw than someone who has fought Barao twice? Dillashaw lock!

marzwoody

How can someone so good looking lose to someone with a donkey / monkey hybrid face? its just illogical. UFC will fix the fight and make dillashaw win for the good of there marketing campaign. then shortly after dana will bash barao and say his record means nothing like fedor, and he will be fighting in bellator till he gets another 33 wins.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

On Barao at opener.

Becel

Just waiting for me to finish my post lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well I certainly give Hendo more of a chance at KOing Cormier than I do Dillashaw KOing Barao, that's for certain. Your argument of how Dillashaw has a better chance then Hendo is growing weaker. The odds are don't reflect the fight imo.

This is all a completely stupid argument Bararo is going to walk into him and destroy. Dillashaw is outclassed, he is certainly not more athletic nor faster. I mean are being fuckin serious?

Urijah was killing Dillashaws until he walked into a ring with Barao and got his ass handed to him. I'm surprised Barao isn't -2000 and thats not a joke.

Its like I said I would not bet on either fights, but betting on these two dogs is a total waste of money imo.
    Well said, good stated facts and I agree 100%.. Gonna go with DC and Barao in a parlay... I better get in now before those odds start to climb further up..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-19-14 at 04:48 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    How can someone so good looking lose to someone with a donkey / monkey hybrid face? its just illogical. UFC will fix the fight and make dillashaw win for the good of there marketing campaign. then shortly after dana will bash barao and say his record means nothing like fedor, and he will be fighting in bellator till he gets another 33 wins.
    Except Dana has a hard on for Barao and thinks hes the pound for pound best fighter on planet-earth

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Well said, good stated facts and I agree 100%.. Gonna go with DC and Barao in a parlay... I better get in now before those odds start to climb further up..
    Sometimes I wonder if you know what a "fact" is, considering that literally his only factual statement in that post was "he (Urijah) walked into a ring with Barao and got his ass handed to him". The rest was him, for some reason, being butthurt on an internet forum because someone disagreed with him.

1234 ... Last