SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Floyd Mayweather will knock Marcos Maidana down & possibly out

Some believe that Floyd Mayweather is distracted for tonight's fight against Marcos Maidana. Members of his camp, Golden Boy's CEO, even fellow celebrities seem to subscribe to the belief that his recent split with ex-fiance Shantel Jackson and her supposed abortion of twins has done a number on him. The last week has seen pictures of sonograms, deleted social media messages, bordering on teary eyed emotional comments in interviews and All Access .... who is this man they ask!?

It's all an act.

I firmly believe that the fireworks are planned, including last night's talk of a potential fight cancellation on account of Maidana's gloves. The reason it seems more real than the usual pre-fight hype is because it's a hard sell that Maidana is in this fight any more than an 8 to 1 dog should be. Mayweather's team may be privy to early numbers from the networks on PPV numbers, or at least feel very strongly that a major drama bomb was absolutely necessary to sell this fight.

How will it play out?

Mayweather could run circles around Maidana if he wanted to but I think he will act as the matador here and let Maidana try to walk through him... we probably see Floyd fight off the ropes more than normal and turn in the kind of gritty effort like in the Cotto fight. There could even be some blood but more likely from a butt from the close quarters action but either way, Maidana is a guy tailor made for Mayweather and he very likely gets knocked down at least once in this fight, possibly stopped.

In my full fight prediction I have Mayweather knocking Maidana down in round 7 via left hook, and Mayweather holding on to win a controversial split decision (boxing after all), but I would not be surprised if Maidana is stopped and in fact I think it is more likely to see a stoppage in this fight than any other fight since 2007.

Good luck.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

gee the biggest gayweather apologist predicting a ko.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cala56

PaulMuckle
    PaulMuckle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unlikely. Almost all of his last 11 fights have gone the distance. He's the better boxer, a masterful tactician, but let us be frank. This has the high probability of being a bore-fest where Maidana can't hurt Mayweather and Floyd just dances around him for the whole fight. Then the judges will render a decision and Floyd will be the winner whether he won the fight or not.

UFC is much more interesting to watch at this point. Unfortunately, boxing hasn't brought the excitement since Mike Tyson. After that it's almost like boxing died.

Until boxing is reborn, I'll stick with the UFC and watching guys smash each other's brains out with pints of blood all over the octagon and guys getting knocked the flunk out.

Now, if you can get a Mayweather vs Klitschko matchup, I'd pay double the regular ppv to watch that.

For the UFC, though, I must say that Jones needs to move up and stop fighting in the light heavyweight. Have him fight someone his own size (height) like Silva. And if he wins, then fight Velasquez. Would love to see Velasquez vs Jones.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Thanks Lou.

Mayweather inside the distance

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

PaulMuckle

pinnacle

over on all
    over 9.5 rounds, -345
    over 10.5 rounds, -295
    over 11.5 rounds, -245

5dimes
    mayweather by decision, -169
    maidana points +21.5, -125
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

thanks for play

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

the last knockout mayweather done was against a out of shape ricky hatton, he really lacks punching power this mayweather

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    the last knockout mayweather done was against a out of shape ricky hatton, he really lacks punching power this mayweather
    He fought the best Ricky Hatton there ever was - undefeated and in his prime. Interesting you mention that fight since you could argue Maidana is similarly one dimensional in his come forward style. I actually think Floyd will knock him down with the left hook as well.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Lou give me not mayweather by ko -200

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

You are fckng lost man. This is the end for gayweather. Ten end of the lie.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMuckle View Post
    Unlikely. Almost all of his last 11 fights have gone the distance. He's the better boxer, a masterful tactician, but let us be frank. This has the high probability of being a bore-fest where Maidana can't hurt Mayweather and Floyd just dances around him for the whole fight. Then the judges will render a decision and Floyd will be the winner whether he won the fight or not.

UFC is much more interesting to watch at this point. Unfortunately, boxing hasn't brought the excitement since Mike Tyson. After that it's almost like boxing died.

Until boxing is reborn, I'll stick with the UFC and watching guys smash each other's brains out with pints of blood all over the octagon and guys getting knocked the flunk out.

Now, if you can get a Mayweather vs Klitschko matchup, I'd pay double the regular ppv to watch that.

For the UFC, though, I must say that Jones needs to move up and stop fighting in the light heavyweight. Have him fight someone his own size (height) like Silva. And if he wins, then fight Velasquez. Would love to see Velasquez vs Jones.
    Yer an idiot who isn't a boxing fan... Go watch matthysse/molina fight from last week...boxing/UFC no different...mismatches,snoozers, exciting fights, and all out wars...they all happen...ur the type to watch two boxing matches a year and if they're boring u says boxing is dead and not exciting

What Floyd does is not "dancing"...it borders on brilliant...and Floyd walks people down too and fights in pocket...."whether he won the fight or not"....ya cuz Floyd has been on the receiving end of so many gifts

Please don't ever talking about boxing again...cause YDKSAB(since u don't know shit about boxing that means you don't know shit about boxing).

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Mayweather the equivalent of a line drive hitter in beisbol who hits homers ie knockouts on accident. Maidana has never been knocked out before but he's been hurt. I think he acquits himself vs may with the awkward angle punches but Floyd wins unanimous on the cards 9-3 8-4 8-4

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Lou emerges from the shadows to show everyone that he's clueless per usual

Floyd will be defensive as always and win the decision

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

as an former Argentinian and ex boxing enthusiast, from the days of \Bonavena , \Monzon and Galindez, and following Maidana now, i think he has what it takes to take the title.
    i have my money on Maidana

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

bingo ... lou knows his sht on this guy ...get on it boys free money here

homie1975

He picked Floyd by SD but I believe UD is more likely

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Agreed. Actually I would pay double to watch Ronda Rousey throw Gayweather on his head & arm bar him in the UFC cage. I would make Ronda a -300 favorite vs Gayweather.

PaulMuckle

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    Yer an idiot who isn't a boxing fan... Go watch matthysse/molina fight from last week...boxing/UFC no different...mismatches,snoozers, exciting fights, and all out wars...they all happen...ur the type to watch two boxing matches a year and if they're boring u says boxing is dead and not exciting

What Floyd does is not "dancing"...it borders on brilliant...and Floyd walks people down too and fights in pocket...."whether he won the fight or not"....ya cuz Floyd has been on the receiving end of so many gifts

Please don't ever talking about boxing again...cause YDKSAB(since u don't know shit about boxing that means you don't know shit about boxing).
    Dare I say the same for you and chess? Let's face it. Watching boxing nowadays is incredibly boring, and that excludes the fact it is more fixed than V.Stiviano's nose after 5 surgeries.

If you're watching chess, whether you're a viewer with a personal rating of 250 or even up to 2350, it is inherently boring viewing. Same goes for today's rigged, uneventful boxing matches of today.

Did you see the cage fight in Australia recently with two people nobody really heard of? Show me one boxing match in the last 15 years that was more exciting than that match? It was an absolute thriller. Can you provide the youtube tape? Nope.

Anyone from 5 year olds to 70 year olds would admit that match was a cracker! (Excuse the term and please do not take away my basketball team)

Try watching tennis matches with wooden raquets and then go watch Federer, Nadal and Djokovic play at 2000 kph with today's racquets. It provides for greater excitement.

I will tivo the Maidana/Mayweather match so I can use it to fall asleep in the future. But I will use a skull-crushing, blood-gushing knockout from UFC as an alarm clock to wake me up in the morning.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Amir Kahn inside the distance +357

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Mayweather decision, get the money , hes giving back boys ..... #tbe .

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Dare I say the same for you and chess? Let's face it. Watching boxing nowadays is incredibly boring, and that excludes the fact it is more fixed than V.Stiviano's nose after 5 surgeries.

If you're watching chess, whether you're a viewer with a personal rating of 250 or even up to 2350, it is inherently boring viewing. Same goes for today's rigged, uneventful boxing matches of today.

Did you see the cage fight in Australia recently with two people nobody really heard of? Show me one boxing match in the last 15 years that was more exciting than that match? It was an absolute thriller. Can you provide the youtube tape? Nope.

Anyone from 5 year olds to 70 year olds would admit that match was a cracker! (Excuse the term and please do not take away my basketball team)

Try watching tennis matches with wooden raquets and then go watch Federer, Nadal and Djokovic play at 2000 kph with today's racquets. It provides for greater excitement.

I will tivo the Maidana/Mayweather match so I can use it to fall asleep in the future. But I will use a skull-crushing, blood-gushing knockout from UFC as an alarm clock to wake me up in the morning.
    Pass that shit to the left bro

PaulMuckle

pinnacle

over on all
    over 9.5 rounds, -345
    over 10.5 rounds, -295
    over 11.5 rounds, -245

5dimes
    mayweather by decision, -169
    maidana points +21.5, -125

ridiculously easy to predict

and, as I stated above, it would be boring as hell

ufc wins again

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Majority-decision for Mayweather. 117-111, 116-112, 114-114.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Mayweather the equivalent of a line drive hitter in beisbol who hits homers ie knockouts on accident. Maidana has never been knocked out before but he's been hurt. I think he acquits himself vs may with the awkward angle punches but Floyd wins unanimous on the cards 9-3 8-4 8-4
    the cards were 6-6. 9-3. And 8-4

terrible call chino was never hurt not even once

homie1975

ridiculously easy to predict

and, as I stated above, it would be boring as hell

ufc wins again
    if u think yhat fight was boring u are either clueless or just a hater. Maybe both.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Lou showing again he is chucked. Mayweather can't ko a top boxer who's 165 pounds.

PaulMuckle

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    if u think yhat fight was boring u are either clueless or just a hater. Maybe both.
    lol, read the in-game thread.

it was boring. and it was the most exciting mayweather fight in a long time, lmao

I respect Mayweather as a great fighter, but let's be real. A lot of run-of-the-mill UFC fights are more exciting than that was by a mile.

you don't have to admit it, but UFC won again.

another poster in the thread kept saying boxing is dead... and I didn't prompt him to say it. you ever seen an exciting UFC fight where someone goes 'this is boring'?

nope

homie1975

lol, read the in-game thread.

it was boring. and it was the most exciting mayweather fight in a long time, lmao

I respect Mayweather as a great fighter, but let's be real. A lot of run-of-the-mill UFC fights are more exciting than that was by a mile.

you don't have to admit it, but UFC won again.

another poster in the thread kept saying boxing is dead... and I didn't prompt him to say it. you ever seen an exciting UFC fight where someone goes 'this is boring'?

nope
    2 yrs ago cotto v floyd was a great mayweather fight. U r clearly biased. If ufc is so great why do floyd and pacquiao numbers crush them every time? boxing far from dead. Ufc = human cockfighting. Boxing is the sweet science.

PaulMuckle

not my words at all. and in their other comments they state they love boxing but that it is currently garbage
    read these comments

--------
    as long as the ssuckers keep paying these hold me tender fighters after rd 5-6 they will keep coming...

except the only 1 any1 wants to see anyways

sad to see a once GREAT sport sink to the level of even being NOT important at all...not even a little bit

the frozen 4 in college hockey and the womens softball WS gets more attention than this sports overall besides 2 guys

embarrassing shit

Last edited by 5mike5; Today at 12:35 AM.
    Points Awarded:
    Koldazzice gave 5mike5 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

---------

Agreed but it's not even about the art of boxing, these aren't even fights. A few punches scattered throughout, then mostly clutch and grabbing followed by blocked shots. Last time I'll whine about it but boxing truly is dead.

---------

Nobody in their right mind pays for a gayweather fight... I rather get my pubes plucked out than pay for that boring shit.

----------

homie1975

U have such a hard on for boxing that its an inferiority complex. I see it all the time from ufc cockfighting honks

PaulMuckle

homie, I could care less about boxing or ufc.

this is called the truth. and pretty much everyone out there is of the same opinion.

it's like ATP and WTA tennis. WTA tennis is shit and is boring. does that mean I have a hard on for ATP? nope.

believe me, I love tennis, but I'll readily admit that ping pong championships are much more entertaining than WTA matches.

just calling it like it is.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

your the man

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

How can anyone watch this and not think about a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight ?

I miss arturo gatti immensely but will still watch fights. I will watch Andre Ward, Wladimir Klitschko, Marquez and few other fighters but a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is the one want we want to see.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Lou will b the meat in the gayweather beiber sandwich