covertops
    covertops's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1426

Why medeiros is a bad bad matchup for miller on short notice

This will be the biggest upset of the card if miller cannot get him to the ground. Miller has absolutely no hope with his standup against medeiros and will get KTFO. Medeiros trains with Perez at the diaz camp. Nate already laid the beatdown on Jimmy Boy and meideiros is also a volume striker but with much more power. He has a punchers chance and even if he doesnt KO him, miller is gonna come out even more banged up then when he fought NAte.

Medeiros started off his career fighting at light heavyweight. He then moved down to middleweight and eventually made his lightweight debut at UFC 159. This kid is solid with a granite hawaiian chin and some. When you train with Gil, Nate, and Nick it don't get much better in terms of having guys to push you to stretch and improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyOzVlCxTlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP8sOnwrDfo

I'm taking the dawg at +185! Thank me later boys

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jim miller is a winner. remember watching him fight benson henderson and although he was getting outclassed he still gave everything he had to try to win..

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Medeiros looked half decent against Khabilov before his thumb went squishy. He wasn't really able to defend the takedown (but who can vs Khabilov?) but he was really slick getting back up anytime Khabilov got him to the ground.

Striking looked impressive against Edwards.

As talented and experienced as Miller is, I think you have to bet the underdog here.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Should be a good fight, but I'd still give an edge to Miller.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

if the fight stays standing or on the ground? I believe this fight will stay standing, i think miller either loses by decision or wins a controversial split. Miller should in theory be more experienced and all that but he isnt that good anymore. Lost easily against nate, easily against pat, was horrible against joe lauzon. Medeiros would probably have beaten lauzon covito ergo sum - Medeiros at +185 good bet.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Miller did break his foot early against Nate but I'm on Medeiros too. GL.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Tough call but +$ seems right here

lololboom
    lololboom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Miller's BJJ is going to be on another level, and Medeiros hasn't done anything to make me think he will be able to avoid the TD.

More importantly is how often got hit by Yves. is a fight that didn't even go 3 minutes, Yancy managed to get hit 19 times. As good as his offence is, there is a good chance Miller can exploit his defence and win on the feet as well.

Need closer to +210 to be valuable IMO

BettersUnite
    BettersUnite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

crazy how ironic this is I was doing some last minute research and also switched my pic to Yancy was going to create kind of the same thread but you seemed to take care of it . good job

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Betting meideros here as well. Size and striking advantage, and decent wrestling background, Millers wrestling is average.

marzwoody

Jim miller wins calling it now,

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Yeah going to see what the line does closer to fight time, if it moves againstMeideros (which i think it might) I'm gonna pound that line like it owes me money (which it hopefully will).

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Medeiros decision +459
    Miller ITD +348

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

I'm taking the under 2.5 as well at +160 or there abouts. Both aggresive and both dangerous whether its Miller on the round or Medeiros on standing.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Jim miller wins calling it now,
    oh Nostradamus, come back here and sing it proud if he wins. you suggested that a 2-1 favorite should win.

you'll never understand value, will you?

covertops
    covertops's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1426

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    oh Nostradamus, come back here and sing it proud if he wins. you suggested that a 2-1 favorite should win.

you'll never understand value, will you?
    Exactly...some of the stuff this guy says makes absolutely no sense at all. I sit scratching my head at the comments. Even if it does go to the ground he still has great jitz trainers from being at the gracie camp. You don't think he prepared for that situation? If I wanted to learn to stuff a takedown who better to learn from then Melendez? Miller will be a piece of cake for him to stuff compared to gil. Nick and Nate jitz is right up there with miller. Also you discredit the striking of Yves Edwards a veteran striker who has fought WAY more UFC talent then miller and gone the distance to close decisions. I don't know I just have a feeling this one will be the one Dana rakes for the bookies. Unless Miller has some groundbreaking technique (judo throws, locks, etc) I don't see him winning or even getting close to Meideiros with his length and range. Miller can close the distance FAST but meideiros is a quick counter striker and also has plenty of speed. I have just seen Miller when he gets hit a couple times he is just like Cerrone, he loses his will to win and folds. I think Hawaiian fighters have tremendous heart and they will stand in the pocket and get the shit beat out of them and still throw hard leather (eg penn vs diaz) although I don't see that happening here. Good luck with your bet that you already placed Marz you wonder why you have lost so much lately take your time with your picks bro...I will not discredit Miller I think he is a tough guy but I will stand by my word as I believe he will take a beating if he doesn't get a quick sub. He can certainly eek a decision

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Haha "calling it now" like he's the only one going out on a limb and picking the favourite Miller to win!

cant make it up

lololboom
    lololboom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

@covertops

Yves may be a slightly better striker than Miller, but fought better ufc talent? Yves has been fighting top 40-20 guys, with his best win being Jeremy Stephens (followed by Cody McKenzie) He also lost 2 in a row and 4/6 before fighting Yancy. Miller on the other hand has been fighting top 10 guys most of his career. Outside of a disappointing fight in Healy, his losses have been Edgar/Maynard/Bendo/Diaz (2 title holders, and 2 #1 contenders)

Also just because he trains out of Ceaser Gracie's gym doesn't make him as good as the Diaz bros on the ground. No doubt I'm sure he is very talented, however miller has sub'd Camoes (3rd degree BB), Charles Olivera, and out grappled Bocek. Not sure you can even compare their ground game.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by lololboom View Post
    @covertops

Yves may be a slightly better striker than Miller, but fought better ufc talent? Yves has been fighting top 40-20 guys, with his best win being Jeremy Stephens (followed by Cody McKenzie) He also lost 2 in a row and 4/6 before fighting Yancy. Miller on the other hand has been fighting top 10 guys most of his career. Outside of a disappointing fight in Healy, his losses have been Edgar/Maynard/Bendo/Diaz (2 title holders, and 2 #1 contenders)

Also just because he trains out of Ceaser Gracie's gym doesn't make him as good as the Diaz bros on the ground. No doubt I'm sure he is very talented, however miller has sub'd Camoes (3rd degree BB), Charles Olivera, and out grappled Bocek. Not sure you can even compare their ground game.
    Bocek outgrappled miller u little jooboy.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yee Miller got the nod as it was in New Jersey. Remember having money on Miller by decision and hoping for a hometown gift!

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

yes he did. That was a faulty decision win for miller

Gamblor700
    Gamblor700's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Miller is one of those rare back yard tough mofos. The guy is just a dirty grinder and a finisher. It's going to take superior skills to stop this rat.

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

anyone have a good online feed? i usually use firstrowsports but i would like higher quality. i know, picky considering im looking for a free stream right?

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Jim miller is a winner. remember watching him fight benson henderson and although he was getting outclassed he still gave everything he had to try to win..
    Had mono in that fight as well

marzwoody

Told you miller was a winner.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Medeiros decision +459
    Miller ITD +348