BettersUnite
    BettersUnite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Run me off the board

Confidence in your bets is where it's at. I'm putting a huge bet on a Jessamyn Duke and Max Holloway parlay. This parlay will prove if I'm here to stay or a farce. Thanks guys

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

May the force be with you compadre

BettersUnite

And also with you, lift up our hearts

BettersUnite

2 even money fight btw Max Hollaway is actually a small underdog

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with Duke aswell so GL Bro!

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Never say DIE.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm actually on Correia. But those are two close fights that could go either way. Hardly good parlay material, imho.

marzwoody

I watched. Correia's last fight and was so unimpressed. she took more time standing in front of opponent stalling then actually fighting. Dukes height / reach advantage combined with the high pace she fights at why does anyone think Correia will win? what is the argument? also Duke trains / is part of the 4 horsewomen please someone explain why this is supposed to be a close matchup, because i didn't even know this correia bitch existed until i saw this card,

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    I watched. Correia's last fight and was so unimpressed. she took more time standing in front of opponent stalling then actually fighting. Dukes height / reach advantage combined with the high pace she fights at why does anyone think Correia will win? what is the argument? also Duke trains / is part of the 4 horsewomen please someone explain why this is supposed to be a close matchup, because i didn't even know this correia bitch existed until i saw this card,
    I don't think that Duke actually used her height and reach that well in her fights in TUF. Maybe she's gotten better since then. Correia beat Julie Kedzie in a close split decision in her UFC debut and she's a lot more experienced. I actually watched Correia in Jungle Fights give her a toughness and experience advantage. I think it really depends on how much Jessica evolved since TUF and if she is able to use her physical size, height and reach advantages over someone who I just think is tougher overall.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    I don't think that Duke actually used her height and reach that well in her fights in TUF. Maybe she's gotten better since then. Correia beat Julie Kedzie in a close split decision in her UFC debut and she's a lot more experienced. I actually watched Correia in Jungle Fights give her a toughness and experience advantage. I think it really depends on how much Jessica evolved since TUF and if she is able to use her physical size, height and reach advantages over someone who I just think is tougher overall.
    Duke is a tough chick too man. it should be a great fight, cant wait.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by BettersUnite View Post
    Confidence in your bets is where it's at. I'm putting a huge bet on a Jessamyn Duke and Max Holloway parlay. This parlay will prove if I'm here to stay or a farce. Thanks guys
    Hey there Plucky. You wouldn't happen to like Ramen noodles, would ya?

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Holloway? Just wondering.

BettersUnite

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Hey there Plucky. You wouldn't happen to like Ramen noodles, would ya?
    I actually ran out, could i borrow some of yours?

BettersUnite

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Why Holloway? Just wondering.
    Well first off, his striking has always been his strong suit, and he never even had a coach! So he's got actually got a coach now. He switched up his training he's doing 3 sessions 10 hours a day,

He's got that UFC experience under his belt over top competition. That's HUGE. And he's not just some kid the UFC are trying to build up to break down right now. I still feel he's in his building stage,

He's gonna take It to Andre Fili. Don't see the hype around him. Just because he trains at Alpha Male doesn't mean he has this great ground game. Because he hasn't showed it. He's still immature, as Max has grown mentally being in the UFC IMO He's gotten better every fight and because of this, he's been able to keep his job because even In His losses, he doesn't look bad.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I'm on Duke as well. I've seen lots of folks on Beth and I disagree.

I haven't looked too close at the Fili/Holloway fight but as a general rule of thumb I don't bet against Team Alpha Male.

Skel

Well first off, his striking has always been his strong suit, and he never even had a coach! So he's got actually got a coach now. He switched up his training he's doing 3 sessions 10 hours a day,

He's got that UFC experience under his belt over top competition. That's HUGE. And he's not just some kid the UFC are trying to build up to break down right now. I still feel he's in his building stage,

He's gonna take It to Andre Fili. Don't see the hype around him. Just because he trains at Alpha Male doesn't mean he has this great ground game. Because he hasn't showed it. He's still immature, as Max has grown mentally being in the UFC IMO He's gotten better every fight and because of this, he's been able to keep his job because even In His losses, he doesn't look bad.
    Your analysis reminds me of Tommy Razerstein. I'm interested to see how this fight goes and I haven't laid money on either side yet.

BettersUnite

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Your analysis reminds me of Tommy Razerstein. I'm interested to see how this fight goes and I haven't laid money on either side yet.
    And who is this Razerstein you speak of?

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

I never say this and I will bet it anyway but this fight is one to just watch and enjoy. The simple fact that Fili is so green and can walk into the cage a completely different fighter than we've previously seen makes this impossible to bet. There's no way to gauge his improvement, and it could be substantial. If you must bet it, probably a good idea to take the underdog who is a proven commodity.

But once again.. not a good idea to bet against TAM.

No bet!

BettersUnite

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    I never say this and I will bet it anyway but this fight is one to just watch and enjoy. The simple fact that Fili is so green and can walk into the cage a completely different fighter than we've previously seen makes this impossible to bet. There's no way to gauge his improvement, and it could be substantial. If you must bet it, probably a good idea to take the underdog who is a proven commodity.

But once again.. not a good idea to bet against TAM.

No bet!
    We'll is bet were gonna see a substantially better Max Halloway also

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

We'll is bet were gonna see a substantially better Max Halloway also
    Fighters with less experience at this level and in great camps learn rapidly and change substantially from fight to fight. Holloway is a UFC veteran who will continue to improve but not at the rate that we might see from Fili

... or maybe he won't. This is why I think this fight is so hard to cap.

BettersUnite

Fighters with less experience at this level and in great camps learn rapidly and change substantially from fight to fight. Holloway is a UFC veteran who will continue to improve but not at the rate that we might see from Fili

... or maybe he won't. This is why I think this fight is so hard to cap.
    Maybe. But IMO Max Halloway is better at this present time. Fili could go on and get better. Just hasn't peaked yet and Max is starting to peak.

Skel

And who is this Razerstein you speak of?
    A guy who predicts fights on youtube and mispronounces half the fighters' names.

marzwoody

I'm on Duke as well. I've seen lots of folks on Beth and I disagree.

I haven't looked too close at the Fili/Holloway fight but as a general rule of thumb I don't bet against Team Alpha Male.
    Bumdeal with an actual good pick, am i hallucinating?