begood2
    begood2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

Out of the last 16 events I have won cash except for fight night 38 with all the underdogs. Got burned by Davis in UFC 172. Sometimes you get blind sided. My logic was he was a better wrestler so should get the takedowns and he beat Gus and Machida. In retrospect when two wrestlers fight each other there's a possibility than the wrestling can cancel each other out and the fight will stay standing. If this is a possibility you can't bet on the weaker striker. That's what I'm taking from this fight and into my future betting decisions.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Anybody know what rumble odds were in between round 1 and 2 live?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Around -500.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Cheers

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Bookmaker had him -700.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Woke up......Still hate Phil Davis penetrate

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    Bookmaker had him -700.
    Actually, bookmaker had him at -800, -700, -600, -550, -465, -450 between rds 1 and 2. People were pounding Davis for some reason.

Tremendous
    Tremendous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    +31.52 units tonight. The Davis hype on here was way out of control. Jones by unanimous decision at +335 was way off. I wish I'd laid more on that.
    Awesome! Well done, man!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Should of listened to my original instincts that rumble would win. even made a thread on it. everytime i listen to losers on this forum i end up losing money- luckily i didn't bet on that fight but still. cant believe no one accounted for rumble having a wrestling background and being bigger and stronger so able to stuff takedown's and dominate on the feet. i kept reading that phil davis would put him on his back so much even i started to believe it.
    Davis's wrestling credentials are far superior then Rumble's.. His MMA wrestling was considered to be one of the best in the sport prior to this fight!!! Based on Rumble's past fights he typically kills himself to make weight and then gasses out in later rounds if he can't get the KO early on because of that.... That's how I thought the fight would go, as Davis would get Rumble down and beat on the tired man in rounds 2 and 3... WRONG I WAS....

Rumble was also fighting lessor fighters in a lessor organization up to this UFC fight!!!

Phil got punked in the 1st round and was never the same, and Rumble seemed to just have his number.. We saw the best Rumble Johnson to date I believe..

Picking Phil Davis to win was the logical call, but we all didn't consider Rumble would come in this prepared and in fighting shape.. It happened and it is what it is....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-27-14 at 01:11 PM.

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    No shit all i'm saying is when 98% of ppl on this forum are on davis you just think hmmm maybe there seeing someone i'm not seeing, never liked davis wanted to see rumble smash him even though i had a bet on him. never listening to anyone's opinion but my own again, like u say i should be studying footage not listening to these jokerz but oh well,
    Davis looked lost out there, god awful performance. Admittedly I thought Rumble would gas and get taken down. Wtf, between this fight and the chick fight....I don't know man, being so off really has me questioning whether I am decent at predicting fights or if I just got lucky in the past.
    First Davis screws me by beating Machida, then he screws me by losing to Rumble. He's lucky I'm not a sniper.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave goodfellas433 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

LOL no doubt though man
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfellas433 View Post
    Davis looked lost out there, god awful performance. Admittedly I thought Rumble would gas and get taken down. Wtf, between this fight and the chick fight....I don't know man, being so off really has me questioning whether I am decent at predicting fights or if I just got lucky in the past.
    First Davis screws me by beating Machida, then he screws me by losing to Rumble. He's lucky I'm not a sniper.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I tailed on Davis

did hit a couple of props, rockhold sub and miller sub

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ MMA may be the most unpredictable sport to pick and or bet on.. Those odds for the dogs are usually way up so I tend to play just a little on each dog to win a lot.. On a full card picking all dogs you can usually win a few bucks if you stay calculated and consistence with your betting odds... Pick and bet a little bit more on the realistic dogs if you follow the sport when you see them helps...

MMA pays out the best when upsets do happen.. Something to think about you fellow gambling, degenerate losing bastards that are about to check into GA any day now...

Remember Las Vegas was built on gamblers that chase bets.. Be smart, be under control and just win!!!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-27-14 at 10:22 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

LOL i might have to become a Jones fan soon. Stop with the humble pretend shit, and go troll the haters.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Haha yee tht shiiit is hilarious!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jones does lead with his extended arm and fingers when keeping distance and range.. He needs to stop doing that!!!

He's got the long arms and length and as a tall guy myself I tend to do the same.. It's natural to do that when you have a reach advantage in MMA against the shorter opponents.. Hard to unlearn that period...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Its unfair because when youve got substantial length you can do tht. But for guys like Boetsch who have great girth they cant utilise tht for eye pokes. Guess it finally answers the age old question of whats better....length or girth

First ... 891011