V4Value
    V4Value's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

Ufc 171 - hard card???

Advice from serious people with knowledge and thought about MMA.(If you think Hendricks clearly won vs GSP, no thanks for your advice)

Guessing game???

The fight I like the most or am least ''guessing'' about is the Shields vs. Lombard. Any insights?

Line swung down to -180? Reasoning? I am leaning on Lombard here, don't see Shields beating him unless he takes him down and holds him there, which I don't see happening.

I also like Condit, but will pass on that, think it's going to be pretty rowdy.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Well, I would've loved to contribute to this thread, but I guess I'll keep it to myself.

V4Value

@NunyaBidness, sorry no offence.

As I mentioned ''clearly'', and by that I mean, you must have thought the fight could NOT have gone both ways.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by V4Value View Post
    @NunyaBidness, sorry no offence.

As I mentioned ''clearly'', and by that I mean, you must have thought the fight could NOT have gone both ways.
    Are you Canadian?

V4Value

@MD, I am, what does it matter to you? Let's talk about the card please!

V4Value

stop insinuating, just share your thoughts, if you have something to add about the fights.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

stop insinuating, just share your thoughts, if you have something to add about the fights.
    He can't. He thinks Hendricks won, too.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

@MD, I am, what does it matter to you? Let's talk about the card please!
    I think the same people that are laying money on Diego so confidently are the people that would take Hendricks over GSP in that same fight.. Not my cup of tea..This is MMA not body building and theatre. Anyone like the over 2.5rds in the Jury-Sanchez fight? Juice is quite high though..
    Advice from serious people with knowledge and thought about MMA.(If you think Hendricks clearly won vs GSP, no thanks for your advice)

Guessing game???

The fight I like the most or am least ''guessing'' about is the Shields vs. Lombard. Any insights?

Line swung down to -180? Reasoning? I am leaning on Lombard here, don't see Shields beating him unless he takes him down and holds him there, which I don't see happening.

I also like Condit, but will pass on that, think it's going to be pretty rowdy.
    Just sayin'.

V4Value

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    He can't. He thinks Hendricks won, too.
    I stated what I meant by ''clearly''. I'm sure me ''being Canadian'' definitely has something to do with the topic.
    I might not be as good of a sports handicapper but I'm pretty sure I know the sport well(not to say better). If you guys think Hendricks won the fight vs GSP convincingly, you must be out of your mind. Many people that like to call fights have to look past the bloodiness, scars, body fitness, and Joe Rogan to score a fight. What I was trying to say is that the fight we're talking about was a very tight fight to score. That's why I used words like ''clearly'' and ''confidently''.. just sayin'

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

V4...watch the 1995 movie "French Kiss"...at least until the scene where Meg Ryan's dealing with the bureaucrat at the Canadian Embassy...you'll see how Canadians are seen through foreign eyes...and with a little introspection you might even see how a total internet stranger might "peg" you as one, based solely from your posts.

In the scene the consular official is not being good or bad...just maddeningly Canadian.

V4Value

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    V4...watch the 1995 movie "French Kiss"...at least until the scene where Meg Ryan's dealing with the bureaucrat at the Canadian Embassy...you'll see how Canadians are seen through foreign eyes...and with a little introspection you might even see how a total internet stranger might "peg" you as one, based solely from your posts.

In the scene the consular official is not being good or bad...just maddeningly Canadian.
    I'll be more open next time. Didn't think people will take it that way.
    Last edited by V4Value; 03-16-14 at 01:31 PM.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

saul good, bro...and if it makes u feel any better, i'm a Canadian as well...and so are a good handful of the mma-subforum regs...

which brings me to the subforum regs (of which i intentionally am NOT...i'm a reader, but generally avoid all the unnecessary squabbling that I find generates WAY more heat than light)...

a very pedantic lot that remind me of what my dad said to me often when i was growing up...
    "everybody likes a smart kid...nobody likes a smart-ass kid"

there are a lot of smart guys on this sub-forum...but tragically many have irreversibly crossed that line into permanent smart-assedness...

as you've already found out...but once you get the hang of things here u'll see that there IS a lot of useful SMART stuff in here...generally delivered, though, in a SMART-ASSED way...

being hazed by guessing your nationality is just the regs' weird way of saying "welcome"
    Last edited by fitguy67; 03-17-14 at 11:20 PM.