Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    damn I'm an idiot and took curran ML
    At least you didn't take a decision prop too

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

if you were on strauss and GTDistance (instead of the o2.5 you knew u should have taken instead...but were too greedy for a few more cents...another one in the never-ending stream of "from now on, I'll_______" lessons)...

a nightmare last minute...choke's on and the seconds ticking down...

ah, sports betting as a relaxing hobby
    Last edited by fitguy67; 03-14-14 at 10:27 PM.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    At least you didn't take a decision prop too
    I feel your pain bro, i had it too

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Curran was easy money.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Thanks for the image, Grab. I was just about to post this:

"Just got Curran-Straus scorecards. Caldwell: Even to 5th. Hinkel: 3-1 Straus. Torriero: 3-1 Curran"

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Crazy scorecard. Curran was going to win anyway if he ended the round trying for that choke. That's crazy.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Holy shit round 1 to Straus? What the penetrate?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    Crazy scorecard. Curran was going to win anyway if he ended the round trying for that choke. That's crazy.
    Why? R1 was clearly Curran, R2 was clearly Straus, R5 would have been clearly Curran. The other two, I thought that R3 was a coinflip and R4 was pretty clearly Curran's for more effective striking, Straus's strikes were mostly landing on Curran's arms and Curran was landing a lot more cleanly. Lots disagreeing with me, though, so who knows. I'm not at all surprised by the scorecards, I figured they'd look something like that.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Why? R1 was clearly Curran, R2 was clearly Straus, R5 would have been clearly Curran. The other two, I thought that R3 was a coinflip and R4 was pretty clearly Curran's for more effective striking, Straus's strikes were mostly landing on Curran's arms and Curran was landing a lot more cleanly. Lots disagreeing with me, though, so who knows. I'm not at all surprised by the scorecards, I figured they'd look something like that.
    I'd have to rewatch it, which I will, but it seemed to me in rd 3,4 that Straus was more active, I think he had takedowns as well. I know I was rooting hard for Curran and feeling like I definitely lost.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Despite the hail-mary finish, I thought Pat looked really off; he seems to still be struggling with his depression. I'm glad he won but he's gonna have his hands full with Pitbull and Frodo.

Crassus

Anyone want to know why we can school books on MMA?

Legitimate MMA journalists who apparently spend their lives watching and grading this sport (I love MMA but I have way bigger priorities overall) have this: http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings...Rankings-64121 Nik fuckin Lentz, Poirer, KZ and Elkins over Straus, Pitbull AND Curran. It's crazy, how can one honestly write that and try and say they are someone whose opinion on MMA is valid.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Anyone want to know why we can school books on MMA?

Legitimate MMA journalists who apparently spend their lives watching and grading this sport (I love MMA but I have way bigger priorities overall) have this: http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings...Rankings-64121 Nik fuckin Lentz, Poirer, KZ and Elkins over Straus, Pitbull AND Curran. It's crazy, how can one honestly write that and try and say they are someone whose opinion on MMA is valid.
    I think:

1. Jose Aldo
    2. Chad Mendes
    3. Ricardo Lamas
    4. Patricio Freire
    5. Cub Swanson
    6. Pat Curran
    7. Frankie Edgar
    8. Jeremy Stephens
    9. Dustin Poirier
    10. Chan Sung Jung

Probably a few picks that people will disagree with. I have Poirier ranked above Jung based on his recent strength of performances and Jung's relative inactivity, and I think Jason and Elkins are two exceptional wins for Stephens, and he looked excellent in both fights. I was willing to write the Jason win off as "he has power, it can happen", but he looked so good against Elkins, he's changed completely since dropping to 145. I hope I don't have to explain Pitbull's placement.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I think:

1. Jose Aldo
    2. Chad Mendes
    3. Ricardo Lamas
    4. Patricio Freire
    5. Cub Swanson
    6. Pat Curran
    7. Frankie Edgar
    8. Jeremy Stephens
    9. Dustin Poirier
    10. Chan Sung Jung

Probably a few picks that people will disagree with. I have Poirier ranked above Jung based on his recent strength of performances and Jung's relative inactivity, and I think Jason and Elkins are two exceptional wins for Stephens, and he looked excellent in both fights. I was willing to write the Jason win off as "he has power, it can happen", but he looked so good against Elkins, he's changed completely since dropping to 145. I hope I don't have to explain Pitbull's placement.
    I'm torn on how rankings should work, whether it be based on capping or some formula of accomplishment. Take Lamas for example, the dude is talented and you can see the flashes of greatness in him. At the same time, his biggest wins are Cub Swanson two and a half years ago before he went on his tear, Erik Koch who has been proven to be pretty overrated at FW and Hatsu Hioki. So he definitely deserved the Aldo fight but now that's he's lost it, I dunno if it's really fair to keep him so high comparing his resume overall to some of the other contenders. If you cap his skills relative though I could understand a high ranking. I dunno, all I know is it's a joke to rate Nik Lentz over Pat Curran or Pitbull.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Just saw the fight.
    I had Straus straight up hedged with curran inside. Looks like I got lucky.

First 123