jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pacquiao-Bradley rematch set for April 12..Take Bradley For Everything You Have

NEW YORK (AP) — Nearly two years after Timothy Bradley defeated Manny Pacquiao in a disputed split decision, promoters announced Saturday the two will fight again on April 12.
    Pacquiao's loss to Bradley on June 9, 2012, broke a 15-fight winning streak during which he was recognized as one of the best pound-for-pound boxers in the world along with Floyd Mayweather.
    Later that year, Juan Manuel Marquez knocked out Pacquiao, making many think that Pacquiao's age and outside-the-ring activities— he's a congressman in the Philippines, does extensive charity work and moonlights as an actor and singer — had hurt his ability to box at a high level.
    In November, Pacquiao, 35, defeated Brandon Rios in a comeback fight in Macau.
    Bradley, 30, defended his welterweight championship twice since beating Pacquiao: a brutal brawl with Ruslan Provodnikov and a close decision over Marquez.
    Bradley abandoned his defensive style against Provodnikov and left the ring swollen and with a concussion. Bradley said he slurred his speech for two months after the fight. Against Marquez, Bradley used his boxing skills to avoid the power that had caught Pacquiao, and won another close decision.
    Promoters Bob Arum and Todd duBoef of Top Rank and Michael Koncz of MP Promotions announced the fight, which will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will be distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View.
    Pacquiao is 55-5-2 with 38 knockouts. He has been lobbying for a fight with the undefeated Mayweather, but Mayweather says he will fight someone else — likely Britain's Amir Khan or Argentina's Marcos Maidana — in May.
    Bradley, from Palm Springs, Calif., is 31-0 with 12 KOs.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Boxing is so fixed. Only bet small.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

jj ....other than you working for the books....what makes you say "put everything on bradley"?

im so sick of hearing people say mannys outside activities hurt his career....if that even had a shred of truth...hes a complete idiot....i guess that means he forgets how he actually earns his money.....he didnt get rich and famous being a singer, an actor, or doing charity work....if outside interests get in the way of you buttering your bread you are an idiot....

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Manny is just collecting checks at this point in his career. The same way Roy Jones did on the downside of his career.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Manny is just collecting checks at this point in his career. The same way Roy Jones did on the downside of his career.
    how do you figure manny is on the downside of his career? he was robbed in prob. the worst decision in boxing history vs bradley so that loss holds no weight whatsoever...he beat bradley easily...his only recent lost is to marquez, his arch rival, which he was prob due to lose to after beating him 3 previous times in closely contested fights...then manny goes on to whip rios's ass...hardly evidence of a downside IMO

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    Boxing is so fixed. Only bet small.
    Ummm those asians are hot... oh yea and boxing is fixed.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

dude after the shady judging in the first, its not a good idea to go big on this one.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Where is this fight being held?

If in Vegas my monies on Bradley, outside of Vegas pacquio.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

all in

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

small bet 100x

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Manny fighting father time.

I agree Manny beat Bradley convincingly the first time. I got a feeling this one goes to the judges and Manny wins on points. Keep in mind the whole world saw how rigged the score was in fight one. The judges will be scrutinized in the selection process. With that as a backdrop I would figure the benefit of a close round goes to Manny.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Bradley will outbox manny this time bradley fought with ****** up limbs since like the 3rd round last fight and yes he 100% lost vs pac and it was a sick robbery. Bradley has the tools and the will to frustrate pac and win. Only question is if it will be another rigged decision for a rematch.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Hopefully Bradley doesn't run like the biotch he is and stop making Pacquiao chase his sorry @ss.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

i've been a boxing fanatic for two decades and the two most horrible decisions i've seen in no particular order:

- lennox lewis v holyfield judged a draw

- pacquiao v bradley judged in favor of bradley

lewis won 10 of the 12 rounds.

pacman won 11 of the 12

i've watched both fights at least 4 times each and i have left with 10-2 lewis and pacman 11-1

i defy anyone on here to tell me different.
    Points Awarded:

SBR_John gave homie1975 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    i've been a boxing fanatic for two decades and the two most horrible decisions i've seen in no particular order:

pacman won 11 of the 12

i've watched both fights at least 4 times each and i have left with 10-2 lewis and pacman 11-1

Some of these Mayweather nut huggers had Manny losing to Bradley. They told me i needed to watch it again without audio. Originally i had it 10-2 Pac. With the volume turned down i had it 11-1 Pac

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bradley is going to get knocked out.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Pacman whooping that culo homie..

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Where is this fight being held?

If in Vegas my monies on Bradley, outside of Vegas pacquio.
    MGM Las Vegas

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    Bradley is going to get knocked out.
    one thing Bradley has is a great chin so don't count on a KO either way

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Some of these Mayweather nut huggers had Manny losing to Bradley. They told me i needed to watch it again without audio. Originally i had it 10-2 Pac. With the volume turned down i had it 11-1 Pac
    unreal. how can they say Bradley won, and keep a straight face

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

pacman won 11 of the 12

I watched them and didn't see 10-2 and 11-1 so there, defied.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bradley is too strong for him, many now older since last fight. The only way Manny can win if fight is fixed.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

You guys are arguing who is going to box better. That is irrelevant. Who are the judges going to pick is what matters. Lets talk about who the judges are, where they are from, their tenancies.

You guys are talking about Bradley out boxing Pac this time, who cares. Pac out boxed Bradley the first time and "lost".

Are we talking about who is going to be the best boxer that night or who is going to win the fight?

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bradley is too strong for him, many now older since last fight. The only way Manny can win if fight is fixed.
    reverse jinx thread?

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    You guys are arguing who is going to box better. That is irrelevant. Who are the judges going to pick is what matters. Lets talk about who the judges are, where they are from, their tenancies.

You guys are talking about Bradley out boxing Pac this time, who cares. Pac out boxed Bradley the first time and "lost".

Are we talking about who is going to be the best boxer that night or who is going to win the fight?
    This.

Vegas is more corrupt than the Kremlin these days.

Who's fighting doesn't matter as much as who's judging...

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Judges anyone???

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Judges anyone???
    wont be known for awhile...but you can bet cj ross wont be there....lol.....i think when you look back at bradley/pac...and the floyd canelo 114-114 card....you see vegas getting some of their money back....think of how many people were riding the pac moneyline....and the floyd ud gravytrain(other than ortiz, which was gonna end up a floyd ud most likely, that would have been 5 straight floyd by ud wins).....i think vegas took some money back they were ....its either that or we just had some judges who saw totally different fights......

unless pac gets totally outworked by bradley here i cant see him losing.....hes still worth more than an unbeaten bradley

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going all in on bradley is r-tarded. pacman will win again. unless the corrupt judges give it to bradley again.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    wont be known for awhile...but you can bet cj ross wont be there....lol.....i think when you look back at bradley/pac...and the floyd canelo 114-114 card....you see vegas getting some of their money back....think of how many people were riding the pac moneyline....and the floyd ud gravytrain(other than ortiz, which was gonna end up a floyd ud most likely, that would have been 5 straight floyd by ud wins).....i think vegas took some money back they were ....its either that or we just had some judges who saw totally different fights......

unless pac gets totally outworked by bradley here i cant see him losing.....hes still worth more than an unbeaten bradley

The thing about the pac bradley matchup is pacquiao has nothing else up his sleeve to trick bradley. Bradley has seen what pacquiao has brought to the table and that was a pre ktfo pacquaio circa marquez's lee harvey oswald overhand counter right. Bradley was nowhere near 100% for the fight he twisted atleast 1 leg bad if not both where his movement was very limited. I can see bradley dominating the fight tbh. Pacquiao is good against guys that come right at him and are there to be hit (Stationary targets) Im not saying bradley is a master counter puncher like mayweather but hes slick athletic fast and not 1 dimensional like pacquiao. I wouldn't even be shocked if pacquiao got stopped because his chin may not be the same after that brutal ko. His chin was not really tested against brandon rios as pac fought smart moving in and out against the slower less skilled fighter and barely got touched.

ApricotSinner32

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    The thing about the pac bradley matchup is pacquiao has nothing else up his sleeve to trick bradley. Bradley has seen what pacquiao has brought to the table and that was a pre ktfo pacquaio circa marquez's lee harvey oswald overhand counter right. Bradley was nowhere near 100% for the fight he twisted atleast 1 leg bad if not both where his movement was very limited. I can see bradley dominating the fight tbh. Pacquiao is good against guys that come right at him and are there to be hit (Stationary targets) Im not saying bradley is a master counter puncher like mayweather but hes slick athletic fast and not 1 dimensional like pacquiao. I wouldn't even be shocked if pacquiao got stopped because his chin may not be the same after that brutal ko. His chin was not really tested against brandon rios as pac fought smart moving in and out against the slower less skilled fighter and barely got touched.
    Can't agree with you many points except I will agree Bradley was not his best against Manny and will fight better this time. He has improved since their last fight, I'll give you that. And I'll give you Manny has a suspect chin at this weight class. He ain't in with 118's anymore.

The two fighters are very similar. I would expect a fight very much like the last one. Manny wins nearly every round on points. Manny is active and very accurate. This is a rematch off a loss *cough*cough and I think Manny steps in the ring in great shape, ready to fight. One day soon Manny will be hooked by Father Time but not this fight.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Can't agree with you many points except I will agree Bradley was not his best against Manny and will fight better this time. He has improved since their last fight, I'll give you that. And I'll give you Manny has a suspect chin at this weight class. He ain't in with 118's anymore.

The two fighters are very similar. I would expect a fight very much like the last one. Manny wins nearly every round on points. Manny is active and very accurate. This is a rematch off a loss *cough*cough and I think Manny steps in the ring in great shape, ready to fight. One day soon Manny will be hooked by Father Time but not this fight.

Make sure to offer a special line on bradley perhaps +800 thanks guy

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Overwhelming support for Bradley here....cool.
    I'd put my money on Pac by decision though

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

ApricotSinner32

Bradley did not win the 1st fight was not even close

12 Last