marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting on Tavares

Change of plans. not betting on dillashaw. using half that money on tavares. hes the bigger stronger guy has sharper striking and better wrestling IMO. hes also fought the better competition fighting in the UFC. not sure why hes such an underdog, when larkins been beating dudes in strikeshit. also the dudes full of confidence there's videos of him on youtube saying he thinks he can beat anderson silva and anyone else. yeah people laugh but wasn't weidman saying that kind of shit aswell?

Its a gamble, but penetrate it.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I disagree with most of your points, I'm on Larkin. Winnable fight for Tavares, but I think he's being overvalued here.

marzwoody

How is he being overvalued when hes pretty much a heavy underdog?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    How is he being overvalued when hes pretty much a heavy underdog?
    Because he's not a heavy enough underdog, clearly.

marzwoody

Really? larkin has one notable win is lawler. saw footage of him not very impressive. hopefully T puts him against the cage / takes it to the ground. it should be a good fight.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Its nearly impossible to take larkin down, dont expect that to happen. But tavares may be able to win the clinch battle. Reed Kuhn pointed out that 1/3 of some of larkins fight has been along the fence, usually with larkin as the one being held up. Ive decided to stay away and rather bet on fight that i believe wont end up this close.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

marzwoody

Yeah dude a lot of fights iv'e seen of tavares hes held guys up on the cage. i don't think its impossible for the bigger dude to take him down. and i don't see larkin knocking him out. i see a decision. i'm excited for this fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Cant back a dude who could only decision Bubba McCANiel!

marzwoody

Besides lawler (dec) who has larkin beaten?? a decision against the superstar that is chris camozzi??? people talking like he has anderson silva level striking, he got taken down easily by mo got pounded like a b1tch and hardly landed a strike.

MD

Besides lawler (dec) who has larkin beaten?? a decision against the superstar that is chris camozzi??? people talking like he has anderson silva level striking, he got taken down easily by mo got pounded like a b1tch and hardly landed a strike.
    You're just manipulating facts to suit your position. Who has Tavares beaten? He got wrestlef-cked by a much lower quality opponent than Mo in Aaron Simpson. Works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Its nearly impossible to take larkin down, dont expect that to happen. But tavares may be able to win the clinch battle. Reed Kuhn pointed out that 1/3 of some of larkins fight has been along the fence, usually with larkin as the one being held up. Ive decided to stay away and rather bet on fight that i believe wont end up this close.
    Can't stand Reed Kuhn, guy is incredibly disingenuous.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Mo was uber-Reemed up and fight was at LHW which Larkin should of never been fighting at. He then took Carmont to a very close decision in his MW debut (some thought he won that fight - just quickly looking at mmajunkie and sherdog play by plays shows that each of them thought he won at least 2 rounds).

Not saying there isnt any value playing Tavares though necessarily - but I can understand why Larkin is -220 to -250 range

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You're just manipulating facts to suit your position. Who has Tavares beaten? He got wrestlef-cked by a much lower quality opponent than Mo in Aaron Simpson. Works both ways.

Can't stand Reed Kuhn, guy is incredibly disingenuous.
    Well actually i read somewhere that simpson only had a 18% success rate on takedowns on tavares. his only loss and only time as replacement after someone pulled out, (not a full training camp maybe?) his last 4 fights won in the UFC the big leagues boy. unlike a certain somebody i looked up footage for and

NOT IMPRESSED.

here's larkins chance to try and impress me.

MD

Well actually i read somewhere that simpson only had a 18% success rate on takedowns on tavares. his only loss and only time as replacement after someone pulled out, (not a full training camp maybe?) his last 4 fights won in the UFC the big leagues boy. unlike a certain somebody i looked up footage for and

NOT IMPRESSED.

here's larkins chance to try and impress me.
    Did you watch the fight? He spent the vast majority of it with Simpson pressing him against the cage. The best he could do was stand there and try to avoid getting taken down. I don't see why you keep bringing up level of competition, by the way, Larkin clearly wins there. He blatantly deserved to beat Carmont, who is top 10, and he beat Lawler and Camozzi. You can mock Camozzi if you want, but Tavares has never beaten a fighter on Camozzi's level.

marzwoody

I disagree camozzi is on the same level as bubba mcdaniel lol we can talk shit all day its a closely matched fight. lets see how it plays out. btw he nearly beat a french guy that's like saying he nearly beat a women it just doesn't count lol. i don't know why but these former strikeforce bums just don't impress me larkin / rockhold. if i eat my words tomorrow i could care less i haven't bet very much money and the potential payoff is worth it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I disagree camozzi is on the same level as bubba mcdaniel lol we can talk shit all day its a closely matched fight. lets see how it plays out. btw he nearly beat a french guy that's like saying he nearly beat a women it just doesn't count lol. i don't know why but these former strikeforce bums just don't impress me larkin / rockhold. if i eat my words tomorrow i could care less i haven't bet very much money and the potential payoff is worth it.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 08-12-15 at 03:00 PM. Reason: image does not exist

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Did you watch the fight? He spent the vast majority of it with Simpson pressing him against the cage. The best he could do was stand there and try to avoid getting taken down. I don't see why you keep bringing up level of competition, by the way, Larkin clearly wins there. He blatantly deserved to beat Carmont, who is top 10, and he beat Lawler and Camozzi. You can mock Camozzi if you want, but Tavares has never beaten a fighter on Camozzi's level.
    He beat da best EVA bro.

I do agree on the play however, Tavares shouldnt be +200 here, he's bigger and like to clinch, which has been Larkins weakness in the past.

Saying he has 'shaper striking' is pants-on-head retarded though.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

It's a trap

marzwoody

Your a trap

goodfellas433

Let's revisit this later.

marzwoody

And that's the hardest part. Today everything is different; there's no action... have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food - right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody... get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

goodfellas433

Henry Hill would take Larkin here brah, lol.
    Nomination(s):

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with this being a close fight, well larkin always has close fights..so..

I think Camozzi has defnitly improved over the yeas since TUF, Camozzi has reach and height so it posed a few problems for Larkin. With Tavares he is closer in bodytype to Larkin and Larkin is also a bad matchup for him. Have a look at Tavares's record, this is the best striker he has ever faced and Larkin is very hard to take down. Maybe Tavares can push him up against the cage but Larkin has been working to defend this for a long time.. I wanted to play the over but I think Larking has the potential to get a finish here in the later rounds so I'll just take Larkin ML.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

It's hard for me to bet against Lorenz because he's been paying me for so long but I do believe this is going to be a close scrap.

I'm undecided as of yet, I will either take Tavares or parlay Larkin with Rockhold.

As has been discussed above, the only guy that's ever been able to impose his will on Larkin was a roided up King Mo and Larkin clearly won that fight with Carmont.

The fact that Tavares didn't ktfo McDaniel is a little worrisome but I'm sure we're going to get the best Tavares that's ever stepped in the cage tonight.

Decisions

kid_cudi84
    kid_cudi84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Cant back a dude who could only decision Bubba McCANiel!
    You're not allowed to replace someone's name with "Can!" That's plagiarism! At least cite me (the source) when doing so or I'll sue you.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Clear dog or pass scenario.

Does Tavares win a grinder clinch decision 30%+ of the time? I certainly think so. Larkin needs space to operate & Brad is good at walking forward, closing the distance, clinching and grinding on guys like a college girl at Daytona Beach during spring break.

Can't throw too much kesef on this one because I know that it'll be a huge profit/loss swing based on what 3 blind mice decide they saw... currently have a $2K swing riding on this match.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post

Does Tavares win a grinder clinch decision 30%+ of the time? I certainly think so. Larkin needs space to operate & Brad is good at walking forward, closing the distance, clinching and grinding on guys like a college girl at Daytona Beach during spring break.

Can't throw too much kesef on this one because I know that it'll be a huge profit/loss swing based on what 3 blind mice decide they saw... currently have a $2K swing riding on this match.
    got it as last leg of parlay with Raiderz and Tzonga?

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

got it as last leg of parlay with Raiderz and Tzonga?
    Nah. Straight up...

Parlays are magik and - like Aziz Ansari described - I absolutely lose it everytime I see parlay magik like every black man ever.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nah. Straight up...

Parlays are magik and - like Aziz Ansari described - I absolutely lose it everytime I see parlay magik like every black man ever.
    Hahha i actually watched tht part of his standup the other day! So true as well....why is it tht likes of blaine and Dynamo do 90% of their trickz/illusionz/magik in front of hoodratz in places like Harlem, or South Carolina ghettos!

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Hahha i actually watched tht part of his standup the other day! So true as well....why is it tht likes of blaine and Dynamo do 90% of their trickz/illusionz/magik in front of hoodratz in places like Harlem, or South Carolina ghettos!
    They're actually white wall street bankers... it's just part of the illusion.

goodfellas433

You were right marzwoody...well done

MD

Good job with your bet, hope you cashed big.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

EZ $ boys

I may be on hiatus but I like throwing my niqqa's a shekel or shteyim when I see a juicy play

marzwoody

Haha i told you. Everything i wrote was right. Next time i give a fight prediction you say yes master marzwoody thank you for your blessing. I'm a new dog on this site and i'm just gonna keep winning.

marzwoody

Good job with your bet, hope you cashed big.
    Edit: i read that your earlier post wrong, i thought you were talking shit to me before the fight, so i apologize for the response.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 01-15-14 at 08:58 PM.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Haha i told you. Everything i wrote was right. Next time i give a fight prediction you say yes master marzwoody thank you for your blessing. I'm a new dog on this site and i'm just gonna keep winning.
    Good job kid. Hope you cashed nicely
    Nomination(s):

12 Last