THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFCFight Night: Saffiedine Vs Lim (January 04, 2014)

Main Card - UFC Fight Pass, 9 a.m. ET
    Tarec Saffiedine vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
    Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Sean Soriano
    Luiz Dutra vs. Kiichi Kunimoto
    Kyung Ho Kang vs. Shunichi Shimizu

Prelims - UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 a.m. ET

Will Chope vs. Max Holloway
    Katsunori Kikuno vs. Quinn Mulhern
    David Galera vs. Royston Wee
    Tae Hyun Bang vs. Mairbek Taisumov
    Dustin Kimura vs. Jon Delos Reyes
    Russell Doane vs. Leandro Issa

THE_LOCKSMITH

just to note this card gets going 6:30 am EST and is on the new UFC Fight pass (anyone order the free trail yet?)

I'm guessing no live betting and limited props for these fights

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to sign up to take advantage of the free trial of the UFC Fight Pass for sure for the next couple of months at least. Anyway, I saw Hyun Gyu Lim at +130 and jumped on it for $200 and also the under 2 1/2 at +120 for another $100. This guy is HUGE for Welterweight and all of his last seven fights have ended by KO, TKO and one by submission, and almost all of them in round one and all under the half way mark of round two. He's also never been knocked out. Tarec hasn't fought in nearly a year so may have some ring rust. And he has to fly all the way to Asia and deal with the time change and the adrenaline dump from the pressure of making his UFC debut. If Kim can avoid Tarec's kicks and turn this into an ugly brawl I see the potential of him stopping Tarec with knees and punches as he has done with other opponents. So I see the value on Lim in the main event.

THE_LOCKSMITH

I think you have to give up your CC info when signing up for the trail. Then cancel the trail after the 2 months or else they start charging you (from what i understand)

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    I think you have to give up your CC info when signing up for the trail. Then cancel the trail after the 2 months or else they start charging you (from what i understand)
    Yeah I expect that. I highly doubt the UFC is going to be making unauthorized charges on people's cards if they cancel in time. I'm probably going to keep the membership anyway to watch the regional fight cards and other original content. The library I don't care so much about since I don't often watch old fights, but it could come handy to review some fighters for handicapping purposes.

It's a reasonable enough charge for a monthly Fight Night card and other content on top of all the free shows I get on cable. Plus I guess it's only fair they finally figured out a way to get a dollar out of a cheap guy like me who has never purchased a UFC PPV in my life!

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im kind of confused with that UFC Fightpass thingy, does it include all the PPV's as well or just the extras like TUF,Countdowns,Fight Nights, etc?

This Singapore card is looking really interesting, I already have my ideas on what the odds should be, I wonder how Kalikas handles the lesser known fighters here..

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rosietop View Post
    Im kind of confused with that UFC Fightpass thingy, does it include all the PPV's as well or just the extras like TUF,Countdowns,Fight Nights, etc?

This Singapore card is looking really interesting, I already have my ideas on what the odds should be, I wonder how Kalikas handles the lesser known fighters here..
    No it doesn't include the PPVs, I can't believe how many people keep asking that on all the forums I read. It's like they didn't read the offer at all. Besides the fight library, the new shows are certain Fight Night type cards from around the world exclusive to the Fight Pass.

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    No it doesn't include the PPVs, I can't believe how many people keep asking that on all the forums I read. It's like they didn't read the offer at all. Besides the fight library, the new shows are certain Fight Night type cards from around the world exclusive to the Fight Pass.
    thanks, i did read the offer just couldn't believe its so expensive. not even sure if its worth it.

LoveDaRush
    LoveDaRush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

How is Lim an underdog here?

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion
    ibetkellybro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 167

I'm going to sign up to take advantage of the free trial of the UFC Fight Pass for sure for the next couple of months at least. Anyway, I saw Hyun Gyu Lim at +130 and jumped on it for $200 and also the under 2 1/2 at +120 for another $100. This guy is HUGE for Welterweight and all of his last seven fights have ended by KO, TKO and one by submission, and almost all of them in round one and all under the half way mark of round two. He's also never been knocked out. Tarec hasn't fought in nearly a year so may have some ring rust. And he has to fly all the way to Asia and deal with the time change and the adrenaline dump from the pressure of making his UFC debut. If Kim can avoid Tarec's kicks and turn this into an ugly brawl I see the potential of him stopping Tarec with knees and punches as he has done with other opponents. So I see the value on Lim in the main event.
    Jim, I like you but you need to start hitting the enter key

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

Looks like the UFC finally realized that US fighters and the US market is dead. The real powerhouse and soul of MMA is in ASIA.

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

Quote Originally Posted by Herdon View Post
    Lim win
    well said

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

if you're going to bring up the fact that lim has never been ko'd then you should also mention that saffiedine has never been ko'd. if anything, its more relevant with saff since lim is the bigger ko threat.

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

Lim doesnt move his head off center. Always finshes with the same hook and plants his feet in the pocket.

Tailor made guy to circle and leg kick to death. Krause is borderline retarded for trading hooks with a hooker. After the first three times Krause hit him clean and didnt hurt him. He should've GTFO out of the pocket.

I've seen Tarec training on youtube. Seems like the classic bait you in an exchange and change levels. This big ass asian dude will probably gas hard if he stuck on the bottom.

Think Tarec is a little too high here since there is a chance of robbery decision with these country bumpkin f-cking judges the UFC uses. Dana is a riot. Calls bullshit on the judges then his company privately hires the SAME nevada judges to fly over seas and judge these fights.

My bet was the under only. Much better fights to bet on.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by LoveDaRush View Post
    All in!!!!

LoveDaRush

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    All in!!!!
    Seriously considering it. Are you on lim? What's ur take

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

All in!!!!
    what do you think about a bet on the crusher?

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

Seriously considering it. Are you on lim? What's ur take
    dude, the expected growth of a all in bet is -100%

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I am having no bets on this card. Haven't seen crusher fight since the Melendez. I was going to initially fade him as I believe he is shop worn but I don't know anything on this dude

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

I am having no bets on this card. Haven't seen crusher fight since the Melendez. I was going to initially fade him as I believe he is shop worn but I don't know anything on this dude
    beelze this card has insane value. so many people are going to be lead astray. i would reconsider +EV city here.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

I don't know if we can embed Youtube here but you can watch Soriano fight in HD in his CFA interim title defense from this summer that was aired on AXS.TV . Pretty decent fighter on the feet and the ground. Is he at Kawajiri level? I don't think so.

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

Crusher is going to impregnate him

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by ibetkellybro View Post
    what do you think about a bet on the crusher?
    I just took Kawjiri's opener last night. Is that you sider?

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    I just took Kawjiri's opener last night. Is that you sider?
    sider has passed, but I think he would like Crusher in this spot. Guy did not have a gym to train out for the Gilbert fight because of the earthquake.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Youtube Crusher Kawajiri vs Eddie Alvarez. Fight of the year! Keep in mind that the fight was at 155. Kawajiri is fighting at 145 now. He is a monster at 145!
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave Ron_Paul_2012 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Youtube Crusher Kawajiri vs Eddie Alvarez. Fight of the year! Keep in mind that the fight was at 155. Kawajiri is fighting at 145 now. He is a monster at 145!
    Ron Paul, what happened to you? Actually making sense for once. Not posting about millkplus drencrom. Did you cut fluoride out of your diet?
    Points Awarded:

Grabaka gave ibetkellybro 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mirinquads gave ibetkellybro 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

don't know about all in but intial impression so far is Lim is tempting

Saffedine: Huge lay off, multiple injuries, technical striker but not much finishing power, never been finished, has fought the better competition
    Lim: HUGE reach advantage (9 inches), much more active fighter than Saff, good power, Cardio is pretty shit but recent interview said he has been working hard on this, never been ko'd

Need to look into this fight more

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    yeah but the dude is old as fcuk (11 years older than Soriano) and hasnt fought in a year, his camp aint the best either. Much more expeirenced and well rounded then Soriano and with the much better competition but Soriano has the much better training partners and is so far undefeated

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion

has soriano ever fought outside of his time zone or his country? Tough fight to have if this his first doing it.

Flying to singapore, cutting weight then fighting at the time they are is going to a nightmare for any foreigner. Unless they have weight cut and traveled before.
    Last edited by ibetkellybro; 01-01-14 at 05:46 AM.

LoveDaRush

has soriano ever fought outside of his time zone or his country? Tough fight to have if this his first doing it.

Flying to singapore, cutting weight then fighting at the time they are is going to a nightmare for any foreigner. Unless they have weight cut and traveled before.
    Lmao you're a fking joke you broke boy chit

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Yes, how is a guy who completely gassed out and was losing to guimaraes an underdog to a guy who cleanly outpointed marquardt -- who had killed woodley.

LoveDaRush

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Yes, how is a guy who completely gassed out and was losing to guimaraes an underdog to a guy who cleanly outpointed marquardt -- who had killed woodley.
    marquardt wasn't doing chit in that fight

lmao ur a joke

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Jim, I like you but you need to start hitting the enter key
    Lol

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    man i hate when companies pull this bullshit. There is nothing free about an offer like that. U try canceling their offer it becomes a complete headache

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

im going all in on Lin. Got a tip from a guy on the net.

1234 ... Last