DoggyStyle
    Stackin' Stacks
    DoggyStyle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Sucks to see a legend go out like that

Loved watching Da Spyder for all these years. Bunk way for his amazing career to come to an end. Anderson still is the best MMA fighter imo of all time. Hope all goes well for Anderson! Cant wait for Weidman n Belfort!

LoveDaRush
    LoveDaRush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Nah, I am happy

silva's fault for accepting the rematch with a beast

DoggyStyle
    Stackin' Stacks
    DoggyStyle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by LoveDaRush View Post
    Nah, I am happy

Gosh you sound foolish. However you are entitled to your opinion. I'm just speaking as a life long fan of the sport.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    Gosh you sound foolish. However you are entitled to your opinion. I'm just speaking as a life long fan of the sport.
    Agreed. Not sure why any true fan of MMA would want to see Silva's career end because of a broken leg from a checked kick.....

Props to Weidman and all, but I guarantee that's not the way he wanted to win either. Still leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    Props to Weidman and all, but I guarantee that's not the way he wanted to win either. Still leaves a lot of unanswered questions.
    Like what? Weidman is clearly better than Silva in pretty much every area. He'll never be the striker that Anderson is, but in an MMA context, he has shown that he can cleanly outstrike him on two separate occasions now, and the grappling isn't close. Better adjustments, better tactics, better fighter. Nobody was wondering how Cote would have done had he not blown out his knee.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Nah, I am happy

lol, ya ok.... If Weidman was Silvas age he would get destroyed.

una13ombr
    una13ombr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Like what? Weidman is clearly better than Silva in pretty much every area. He'll never be the striker that Anderson is, but in an MMA context, he has shown that he can cleanly outstrike him on two separate occasions now, and the grappling isn't close. Better adjustments, better tactics, better fighter. Nobody was wondering how Cote would have done had he not blown out his knee.
    Silva is 38 you dumb fuk.. He is the greatest fighter that has ever walked inside the UFC octagon. Bar none. Respect greatness you POS

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

It is amazing, first weidman out strikes silva in the first fight so he can deliver a powerful shot that KOs silva; then in the second fight he out strikes him again by checking a leg kick which he knows will cause an injury that happens all the time.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by una13ombr View Post
    Silva is 38 you dumb fuk.. He is the greatest fighter that has ever walked inside the UFC octagon. Bar none. Respect greatness you POS
    What does that have to do with how good he is -now-, retard? Weidman is clearly better. If you got bonus points for how good you used to be, GSP would still be champ.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Weidman is a better fighter than Silva.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Nah, I am happy

Dr. Gambler
    Dr. Gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Gracie is the best of all time. Guy fought when there no weight classes and it was tournament style which means he fought 3 times a night. Gracie is on another level than all these bums now

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gambler View Post
    Gracie is the best of all time. Guy fought when there no weight classes and it was tournament style which means he fought 3 times a night. Gracie is on another level than all these bums now
    No comment necessary.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

yea, as a Silva fan I'd rather see him get KO'd wake up, sub'd, then Ko'd again over what happened last night. Hardly any great fighters leave this sport on decent terms. GSP is probably smart for walking away after getting a gift decision. At least he didn't get his lights turned out.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I was surprisingly indifferent when his leg snapped, but after hearing him wail in pain I felt bad for him. Just think about the pain he must have been going through to make one of the toughest guys on earth to cry like that. They need to start keeping morphine cage side for situations like that.

DUBnation

I hardly think one round is enough to prove Weidman is better than Silva. Anderson was clearly focused in this fight in a way that he hasn't been in a long time, and was far from losing his confidence. Yes he did lose the first round but it's not like he hasn't lost rounds before (though not very many), also Anderson inflicted a good amount of damage on Weidman from the bottom in the first round. My point is, without the leg injury this fight was far from over.

Again, props to Weidman; he beat Silva twice which is something no one has ever done, but in my eyes neither one of these fights was enough to prove that Weidman was the better fighter. The sad part is we will probably never see them fight again to get a definitive answer.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

First round was a 10 - 8 where Silva got flash KO'd standing, woke up when he hit the mat, got stunned again and proceeded to get beat on for the remainder of the round.

Weidman has outstruck , outgrappled , outEVERYTHING Silva for two fights in a row, ya'll fanboy fagglets need to get the fuc over yourself already and accept reality.

DUBnation

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    First round was a 10 - 8 where Silva got flash KO'd standing, woke up when he hit the mat, got stunned again and proceeded to get beat on for the remainder of the round.

Weidman has outstruck , outgrappled , outEVERYTHING Silva for two fights in a row, ya'll fanboy fagglets need to get the fuc over yourself already and accept reality.
    I don't think anyone is debating whether or not Silva won the first round - he clearly was behind on points. The point being argued (at least by me) is that winning a round against someone as good as Silva isn't enough to prove that you're a better fighter than him. Sonnen won 4 rounds against Silva in very similar fashion to Weidman's first round; does that make him a better fighter than Silva? No. Not even close. MMA is about making adjustments on the fly, especially in a 5 round fight. Silva was taking Weidman more seriously than I had seen him take any opponent (which he clearly wasn't doing in the first fight), and based on the first round I was looking forward to a battle between the 2 and a clear winner emerging. Instead it ended because of checked leg kick; something that has only happened once before in the history of the UFC. We obviously have to accept Weidman as the winner since he did win the fight and it is highly unlikely we will ever see the battle between these fighter that I was hoping for in this rematch, but I would have much rather seen a one sided beat down, regardless of who the winner was.

Also, joining into a debate with ad hominem attacks makes you look like a total douche........just sayin'

plekz

All footage between the two clearly shows Weidman as the superior one, you don't need to see a 'five round' war to conclude that Weidman is the much better fighter, it's already there clear as day in the avaliable footage. Last time Silva made it to round 2 before he got KO'd this time he almost didn't even make it out of round 1.

First fight Silva tried to play the elusive distance counter game, he got KO'd for it.

Second fight Silva tried to play the clinch game, AGAIN he get's flash KO'd standing IN THE CLINCH.

So by your account Weidman would have to fubar Silva for FIVE rounds to prove he's the better fighter, eventhough he's shown he can do it in less then ONE and at most needs TWO to shut the lights off?

And you wonder why i treat you like you ride the little yellow bus to school and was born complete with helmet and kneepads? Seriously brosif hold your breath and count to infinity please.

DUBnation

LOL check your grammar before you try to insult my intelligence. Or anyone's for that matter. Dumbass.

plekz

Grammar has zero to do with intelligence, is this your first day on the internet? Tell let me tell you boy you see on this thing here called the WORLDWIDE WEB people from every country on planet earth are active. And you see not every country on earth has english as their first language now i understand that this might be a hard concept to grasp for someone from Duckwille U.S.A but that's how it is.

And the fact that you are UNABLE to any kind of proper fact based retort regarding my post says two things.

1. I know TONS more about this sport that you are trying to have a discussion about.

2. You are a GRADE A fucing MORON.

DUBnation

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Grammar has zero to do with intelligence, is this your first day on the internet? Tell let me tell you boy you see on this thing here called the WORLDWIDE WEB people from every country on planet earth are active. And you see not every country on earth has english as their first language now i understand that this might be a hard concept to grasp for someone from Duckwille U.S.A but that's how it is.
    Very true, and if English is not your first language then I sincerely apologize. However if it is, then I stand by my statement.

MD

DUBnation, don't take plekz too seriously, he's a douche, but I like him. He's pretty insulting towards people who disagree with him, but he's a contributing member who posts his thoughts, so I can't fault him too much. You'll get used to him eventually. Welcome to the forum.

DUBnation

DUBnation, don't take plekz too seriously, he's a douche, but I like him. He's pretty insulting towards people who disagree with him, but he's a contributing member who posts his thoughts, so I can't fault him too much. You'll get used to him eventually. Welcome to the forum.
    Hahah alright, noted. And thanks! Interesting place to say the least....

Codeviper
    Codeviper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah it was sad but he really acted like an idiot on his first fight with weidman.