cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

MAY 3: Mayweather VS ................

To summarize we have only three rivals for Money.

Marcos Rene Maidana.

Amhir Khan.

Danny Garcia.

For me, Maidana has more chances due to the recent fight with Broner.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

pbf by dec

pbf by dec

pby by dec

love that free money

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    pbf by dec

pbf by dec

pby by dec

love that free money
    Khan would be unconscious before the fight even started. May not even make it to the arena.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

Maidana can end the career of Money. As he did with his little clone Broner.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I hope this is a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by cala56 View Post
    Maidana can end the career of Money. As he did with his little clone Broner.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Gayweather is fighting a mere con. It has already been decided. I definitely will NOT be watching this joke of a fight. Maidana is the fight everyone wants to see because he poses the most danger to Gayweather.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

2 things. -Gayweather is a very appropriate name. especially if you enter the fight with Justin Gayber.
    -Maidana is a real thing. Actually he's going to hit this gay face. Fearless.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Marcos Maidana More Likely Than Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Blockbuster Fight, Says Richard Schaefer

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/2...d-schaefer.htm

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spoiler alert...it's Amir Khan... why else would he be on BET?

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Spoiler alert...it's Amir Khan... why else would he be on BET?
    Like I said earlier. It is a mere con.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

Mere con last 4 fights:
    Julio Diaz w UD
    Carlos Molina w RTD 10
    Danny Garcia L TKO 4
    Lamont Peterson L SD

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

Maidana Las 4 fights
    Adrien Broner w UD
    Josesito Lopez w TKO
    Angel Martinez w KO
    Jesus Soto Karass w TKO

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

still a better fight than pac/rios

bobby heenan
    Update your status

maidana....great win for him.....now if floyd were to fight him and dismiss him like he would "eh maidana just beat a blown up lightweight/superfeatherweight"......cmon...broner was able to get off the deck twice and finish the fight...and even hurt maidana late......what do u think he would do against floyd???

its the fight floyd haters want to see because they know it prob aint gonna happen next.....so its more fodder......maidana would get boxed to shit.....he aint broner

yoyoyo
    yoyoyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Maidana is the flavor of the week. He was also thoroughly out boxed by Devon Alexander. Mayweather would make a Maidana fight look like a sparring session. Fighting Mayweather is absolutely nothing like fighting Broner.

It will be Khan, which is a joke in itself, but it'll be more competitive than a Maidana fight, just due to Khan's hand speed and jab.

Danny Garcia deserves the fight, but they're on record saying that they want at least 1 tuneup at WW.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
    Maidana is the flavor of the week. He was also thoroughly out boxed by Devon Alexander. Mayweather would make a Maidana fight look like a sparring session. Fighting Mayweather is absolutely nothing like fighting Broner.

It will be Khan, which is a joke in itself, but it'll be more competitive than a Maidana fight, just due to Khan's hand speed and jab.

Danny Garcia deserves the fight, but they're on record saying that they want at least 1 tuneup at WW.
    Every Floyd opponent is sort of a non-starter, though. Even Canelo; the guy had shown somewhat savvy but otherwise very raw boxing in the past, not many non-Mexicans gave him a chance. Most here were heavy on Floyd, and Canelo is pretty much the best opponent that could be found for him currently.

Garcia deserves the fight the most, but he would be subject to the same criticism as the rest. "He can't win", "Floyd UD", etc. We're going to have to come to terms with the fact that Floyd Mayweather will probably play out the rest of his career fighting very good opponents with little to no realistic chance of beating him, and the same criticisms will be levied against each of them, rather than simply acknowledging that there is no one else.

For the sake of clarity, I'll mention that I am not suggesting that Mayweather is taking on all comers, by no means; he's hand-picked his opponents for a long time, and is very clever about who he chooses to fight and when. The truth of the matter is that he doesn't really need to hand-pick right now, though.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

one of khans biggest weaknesses imo is....he doesnt transition from offense to defense and back very well...he often gets stuck in one mode.....but his length, handspeed, and jab at least make it interesting on paper.....

i agree a garcia fight would be something....but i dont think they believe hes ready yet....how can u not like garcia though....kids tough....but i dont know that a fight between him and floyd would look alot different than floyd/guerrero

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Every Floyd opponent is sort of a non-starter, though. Even Canelo; the guy had shown somewhat savvy but otherwise very raw boxing in the past, not many non-Mexicans gave him a chance. Most here were heavy on Floyd, and Canelo is pretty much the best opponent that could be found for him currently.

Garcia deserves the fight the most, but he would be subject to the same criticism as the rest. "He can't win", "Floyd UD", etc. We're going to have to come to terms with the fact that Floyd Mayweather will probably play out the rest of his career fighting very good opponents with little to no realistic chance of beating him, and the same criticisms will be levied against each of them, rather than simply acknowledging that there is no one else.

For the sake of clarity, I'll mention that I am not suggesting that Mayweather is taking on all comers, by no means; he's hand-picked his opponents for a long time, and is very clever about who he chooses to fight and when. The truth of the matter is that he doesn't really need to hand-pick right now, though.
    MD...aside from pacquiao....who do u want floyd to fight? i

MD

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    MD...aside from pacquiao....who do u want floyd to fight? i
    Not sure how much sense Pacquiao vs Floyd would make right now. It would probably be accurate to say that Pacquiao is the toughest test for Floyd, unless Floyd wants to jump up even higher in weight, but Pacquiao would need a couple of more wins, and by that time he may be retiring.

The most intriguing fight is probably Golovkin at 154. Competitive (on paper), probably the best guy Floyd has fought in years. He could fight Martinez, which would bolster his legacy quite a bit, but wouldn't be a competitive fight at all.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

Floyd tells the world that only cares about the business and attract more ppw form the UK. But he does not have the last word.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Not sure how much sense Pacquiao vs Floyd would make right now. It would probably be accurate to say that Pacquiao is the toughest test for Floyd, unless Floyd wants to jump up even higher in weight, but Pacquiao would need a couple of more wins, and by that time he may be retiring.

The most intriguing fight is probably Golovkin at 154. Competitive (on paper), probably the best guy Floyd has fought in years. He could fight Martinez, which would bolster his legacy quite a bit, but wouldn't be a competitive fight at all.
    Golovkin & his trainer have repeatedly said that GGG could easily make 154. He does not cut a lot of weight to make 160 (especially by MMA standards). But, Gayweather has been shuckin' & jivin' for so long I don't see him fighting GGG. Homie is scared sh*tless!

yoyoyo

"Golovkin says".

If he can make 154, get down there and make it. He hasn't had a single pro fight there. Get a fight or two in at 154, and then maybe Mayweather haters will have a leg to stand on with all this "Mayweather is ducking Golovkin" BS. Until then, he's a 160 fighter. Mayweather can't "duck" a fighter that doesn't fight in his weight class. People act like he can, though, because he's held to a standard that no one else is held to......because he's a better fighter. And those same people won't be happy until he loses.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

"Golovkin says".

If he can make 154, get down there and make it. He hasn't had a single pro fight there. Get a fight or two in at 154, and then maybe Mayweather haters will have a leg to stand on with all this "Mayweather is ducking Golovkin" BS. Until then, he's a 160 fighter. Mayweather can't "duck" a fighter that doesn't fight in his weight class. People act like he can, though, because he's held to a standard that no one else is held to......because he's a better fighter. And those same people won't be happy until he loses.
    while GGG is fun to watch...and becoming a fan favorite....hes 31 and the best names on his resume are virtually non existent......i mean really....theres a completely faded kassim ouma....macklin....and 8 loss asian fighter who made a name by being the first to beat a trainwreck in kirkland.....curtis stevens(whom i was there live to watch him get embarrassed by andre dirrell...although i had to keep slapping myself in the face to wake up)......go fight and beat lara or quillin....then maybe hed be worthy of consideration......

yoyoyo

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    while GGG is fun to watch...and becoming a fan favorite....hes 31 and the best names on his resume are virtually non existent......i mean really....theres a completely faded kassim ouma....macklin....and 8 loss asian fighter who made a name by being the first to beat a trainwreck in kirkland.....curtis stevens(whom i was there live to watch him get embarrassed by andre dirrell...although i had to keep slapping myself in the face to wake up)......go fight and beat lara or quillin....then maybe hed be worthy of consideration......
    Agree.

Speaking of Lara, I've said for a while that I think he's the only difficult style match up for Mayweather that's out there. It will never happen, though, because Lara can't sell out a closet.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, i was right.
    Maidana vs Mayweather May 3.-

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vote was rigged. everyone was going with khan.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO

The end of Floyd!!! Bet tonight on el Chino

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

Maidana won't get near Mayweather,expect another borefest