eligibletackle
    eligibletackle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1656

Browne @ +170?

I like Barnett but his recent/relevant Ws have come to fighters w/ a fairly glaring weakness - like no ground game or being allergic to punches like Mir. Even if DC didn't ragdoll Barnett for 25 minutes - it was clear how Barnett fares against an athletic & agile HW. I think the main argument for Barnett, that his strength is Browne's 'weakness', is ridiculously near-sighted. No Greg Jackson fighter is above outpointing somebody in Bisping-esque fashion for a decision W. Haven't seen enough evidence on Browne to be convinced Barnett could take him down at whim.

Browne has been deemed tackle-eligible on this play, gents. Make sure to cover the big man or you might get burned!

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by eligibletackle View Post
    Browne @ +170?

I like Barnett but his recent/relevant Ws have come to fighters w/ a fairly glaring weakness - like no ground game or being allergic to punches like Mir. Even if DC didn't ragdoll Barnett for 25 minutes - it was clear how Barnett fares against an athletic & agile HW. I think the main argument for Barnett, that his strength is Browne's 'weakness', is ridiculously near-sighted. No Greg Jackson fighter is above outpointing somebody in Bisping-esque fashion for a decision W. Haven't seen enough evidence on Browne to be convinced Barnett could take him down at whim.

Browne has been deemed tackle-eligible on this play, gents. Make sure to cover the big man or you might get burned!
    i agree. Coin flip IMO so why not go with the underdog.

being ragdolled by DC is nothing to be ashamed of though.

Barnett is an extremely well rounded and experienced fighter. I doubt he will give Browne a lot of room to work his strikes, will try to keep the pressure and get his td / GNP on. Can Browne create space and stay vertical? Maybe.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Browne @ +170?

What?! How dare you go against The War Master! Josh-E Barnett-O is going to pick Browne up & throw him out of the ring!

eligibletackle

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    i agree. Coin flip IMO so why not go with the underdog.

being ragdolled by DC is nothing to be ashamed of though.

Barnett is an extremely well rounded and experienced fighter. I doubt he will give Browne a lot of room to work his strikes, will try to keep the pressure and get his td / GNP on. Can Browne create space and stay vertical? Maybe.
    a) if it's a ever a straight coinflip IYO, shouldn't you always bet on any dog in some capacity?

b) DC's ragdolling wasn't the point - I was stressing that Barnett struggles imposing his game vs a HW that can circle out and avoid the clinch like DC. DC's wrestling prowess attributed to him being able to shuck off some body lock attempts - but Barnett got into those situations b/c he had a height & reach advantage on DC. He'll have neither on Browne, who is about as fleet footed as they come for a HW.

c) Yeah I should hope that's Barnett's gameplan.

Just a bad bad bad matchup for the Warmaster. He has way too many fight-miles on him and they haven't reared their ugly head. Browne is a superior athlete with height/reach/strength advantages. Even though Browne lacks Barnett's grappling acumen, he does not fit the mold of someone Barnett can methodically bring down and sub or GnP. I suck at predicting line movement but I must be taking crazy pills if there's is enough volume/value of tickets coming in on Barnett where Browne gets into the +180- +190 range. Browne seems like a dog you have to play and feel good about it regardless of the outcome.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Remember guys, when you want to back a side and feel smart about it, just make shit up and state facts that aren't relevant to the fight at all.

eligibletackle

oh hey MD - what's up? It must be a thursday, or any day that wasn't preceded by an MMA event really, since you're disparaging other cappers in condescending fashion to act like you're king shit of penetrate mountain despite having a track record and analysis that says otherwise.

I got >100 posts here in 2 years, take 3 minutes out of your day and read previous shit I made up that wasn't relevant like the above. I only step into this cesspool when I feel strongly about something and ready to argue. Wish you could atleast provide a decent counter argument when you piss on anybody's picks.

MD

oh hey MD - what's up? It must be a thursday, or any day that wasn't preceded by an MMA event really, since you're disparaging other cappers in condescending fashion to act like you're king shit of penetrate mountain despite having a track record and analysis that says otherwise.

I got >100 posts here in 2 years, take 3 minutes out of your day and read previous shit I made up that wasn't relevant like the above. I only step into this cesspool when I feel strongly about something and ready to argue. Wish you could atleast provide a decent counter argument when you piss on anybody's picks.
    Did you even read my post?

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Awesome, spot on.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Browne @ +170?

i love Barnett in this fight and the whole DC thing is a tad overrated when ya break ur hand in the first round. Im not a big Browne fan but ur point which i highlighted will keep me off of this fight. I could see Browne just trying to do enuf to get the win. Frustrating Barnett because Barnett has to do all the pressuring cause Browne is point fighting. If this happens we then go to the judges and if Barnett was bet heavy he has no shot at a decision.

Thor4140

Anyone betting Tate needs to regroup. Don't get sucked in with hatred for Rousey that u make a silly bet like most do in a Mayweather fight. The money will be on Tate at these horrible odds and that is what the books want. Anyone thinking Tate (a huge dog with money being bet on her)can win a five round decision needs their head examined.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Anyone betting Tate needs to regroup. Don't get sucked in with hatred for Rousey that u make a silly bet like most do in a Mayweather fight. The money will be on Tate at these horrible odds and that is what the books want. Anyone thinking Tate (a huge dog with money being bet on her)can win a five round decision needs their head examined.
    I doubt that most who are betting Tate are thinking she'll win a decision. I think she's far more likely to submit Ronda.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

I like barnett in this one though i still have to do more research. Iirc bigfoot and kongo were able to put browne up against the wall. Kongo was a while ago so im not sure how relevant it is now. Also i think those shots that put gonzaga out were probably illegal. Barnett looked great in the miir fight as well. Possible outcomes i can see are barnett by sub, barnett by decision, browne by dec or browne by tko. I actually kinda like this one to go the distance. I am kinda suprised by barnetts line. I will watch some more tape and see if my opinion changes.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    I like barnett in this one though i still have to do more research. Iirc bigfoot and kongo were able to put browne up against the wall. Kongo was a while ago so im not sure how relevant it is now. Also i think those shots that put gonzaga out were probably illegal. Barnett looked great in the miir fight as well. Possible outcomes i can see are barnett by sub, barnett by decision, browne by dec or browne by tko. I actually kinda like this one to go the distance. I am kinda suprised by barnetts line. I will watch some more tape and see if my opinion changes.
    Getting Browne into the fence isn't too difficult; lesser fighters and grapplers than Barnett have done it with ease. Not a single person has been able to take Browne down, though, but I honestly think that there isn't a better technical grappler at heavyweight than Barnett, and no matter how well Browne prepares, Barnett is going to have a thousand tricks he hasn't seen before. Browne is the more athletic of the two, but neither has really fought someone like the other. I'm going back and forth on that fight a bit, I'll probably re-watch some fights and change my opinion a few times before fight night.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Getting Browne into the fence isn't too difficult; lesser fighters and grapplers than Barnett have done it with ease. Not a single person has been able to take Browne down, though, but I honestly think that there isn't a better technical grappler at heavyweight than Barnett, and no matter how well Browne prepares, Barnett is going to have a thousand tricks he hasn't seen before. Browne is the more athletic of the two, but neither has really fought someone like the other. I'm going back and forth on that fight a bit, I'll probably re-watch some fights and change my opinion a few times before fight night.
    Okay, im glad im not the only person who goes back and forth so much. One thing i will say is for all brownes athleticism i dont think his striking is all that technical. Without technical striking i see him having trouble keeping barnett at bay. Again though i am basing this off the kongo fight which was three years ago. I also have to check some more tape out.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Kind of pissed with the line. I thought Barnett would be -170 or something. I feel they just squeeze the value out of this play. I thought Barnett would be under estimated. Still hoping the public goes heavy on Browne.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Flip Flopper

MD

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Kind of pissed with the line. I thought Barnett would be -170 or something. I feel they just squeeze the value out of this play. I thought Barnett would be under estimated. Still hoping the public goes heavy on Browne.
    He was -175 at one point. I am pretty confident that the line will improve and drop below -200 again.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I think Barnett takes it, but the line is too high. I expected -155.

Browne isn't a terrible play here.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I like Barnett to win. I don't see how a guy can take away from Barnett's wins yet be all giddy over Browne's? He was getting trashed by Overeem, Reem blew his wad, then his glass jaw was KO'd. Reem has sucked anyway. Gonzo is nailed in the ear a million time while getting backed into the fence, an almost illegal finish. Lost to Bigfoot but we can't take much from that other than Browne thinks he is Dominick Cruz. Chad Griggs? Rob Broughton? None of these guys possessed much of a TD threat, none of them are wrestlers of any caliber. I tend to like HW dogs, but Barnett is the man and Browne's record is very overrated when you take a better look at how those fights played out. Barnett is better in close against the cage. Better wrestler. Better submission position fighter, more fighter IQ, perhaps more cardio....probably stronger.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ronda Rousey on Miesha Tate: "Miesha has a nice ass and she has an ongoing rivalry with me and that's the only reason why she's in this fight."

Funny because it's true!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Miesha has the ass that Ronda's ass want's to look like when it grows up. The fact a cuntbag like Carraway has a girl with an ass like that is alone proof that God is indeed DEAD.
    Last edited by plekz; 12-20-13 at 05:21 PM.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Haha, so SBR censors 'FCK' but cuntbag is allowed?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Wow leben looks to be in shape

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Haha, so SBR censors 'FCK' but cuntbag is allowed?
    haha sums up SBR in one really

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Wow leben looks to be in shape
    And BJ is motivated!!

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Silva by triangle choke

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

In silva/weidman how about fight doesn't go 5 rounds -300? Maybe parlay it w/ something

Thor4140

In silva/weidman how about fight doesn't go 5 rounds -300? Maybe parlay it w/ something
    i like that but i also liked Big Foot and Hunt not to go five rounds. The good point of this bet is that Weidman gasses after a round and a half.

Beelzebubzy

The Rock is backing Ronda

Wonder how many times he smashed it on set of Fast and Furious

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    The Rock is backing Ronda

Wonder how many times he smashed it on set of Fast and Furious
    why u have to disrespect The Rock like that?

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    why u have to disrespect The Rock like that?
    Do you think he smashed Gina?

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

I doubt that most who are betting Tate are thinking she'll win a decision. I think she's far more likely to submit Ronda.
    Put a tiny bet on Tate ITD around +800ish, Ronda should own her but this line is just silly.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked that bet better when it was -245. It dropped in just the last 24 hours or so.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    And BJ is motivated!!
    Lidell's got that look in his eyes!

First 123456 ... Last