THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Bellator 106: Rampage Vs Tito (November 02, 2013)

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
    Quinton Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz
    Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez - for lightweight title
    Pat Curran vs. Daniel Straus - for featherweight title
    Muhammed Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton
    Cheick Kongo vs. Vinicius Queiroz

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
    Mike Bronzoulis vs. Joe Riggs - "Fight Master" tourney final
    Patrick Cenoble vs. Terry Etim
    Mike Richman vs. Akop Stepanyan
    Karo Parisyan vs. Cristiano "Soldier Boy" Souza

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)
    Jesse Juarez vs. Joe Williams
    Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
    Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
    Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
    Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Anyone know what the pricetag is for this? I'll go as high as $30.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Anyone know what the pricetag is for this? I'll go as high as $30.
    Id have to think it'll at least be 40. Is it worth it? I'm only interested in checking out Chandler v. Alvarez.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Thanks. Rebneys nuts.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Id have to think it'll at least be 40. Is it worth it? I'm only interested in checking out Chandler v. Alvarez.
    Not worth it, IMO. Prefer not to stream, but rebney making the choice for me.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I'd pay it if I had a TV subscription. Three great fights on the undercard, three great fights on the main card. Sounds like a plan.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Md, you may be right about that, but just on principle I'm not paying ufc prices for bellators first ppv.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I can't believe you would even pay for a UFC PPV? Cuts into your edge homey.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I can't believe you would even pay for a UFC PPV? Cuts into your edge homey.
    youre right, but thats a consequence of being a fan. Same with going to events. Although, I dont order the majority of events. Usually go to a bar or let one of my friends order it. mainly an excuse to get out the house.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

35 to 45 bucks for a Bellator PPV featuring 2 of the more washed up bums in MMA looking for a payday? You have to be kidding me. Alverez/Chandler 2 is a damn good fight. But other than that? I don't know the PPV business. But I would think making 2 solid regular cards out of this would have been the way to go. Page/Tito would have done great numbers on free TV if they promote it right. Chandler/Alverez also.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    35 to 45 bucks for a Bellator PPV featuring 2 of the more washed up bums in MMA looking for a payday? You have to be kidding me. Alverez/Chandler 2 is a damn good fight. But other than that? I don't know the PPV business. But I would think making 2 solid regular cards out of this would have been the way to go. Page/Tito would have done great numbers on free TV if they promote it right. Chandler/Alverez also.
    i think this ppv had a lot to do with the alvarez settlement.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Tito really screwed over Bellator here, they ran shitty shows for the last month so they could stack this card for PPV, only to have Ortiz pull out and now its on Spike

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Tito really screwed over Bellator here, they ran shitty shows for the last month so they could stack this card for PPV, only to have Ortiz pull out and now its on Spike
    Tito didn't screw us over though. A stacked free card, what more could you want!? Getting pretty pumped for this one after all the weak free shows put on by UFC recently.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Mexicutioner has stepped up!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Mexicutioner has stepped up!
    In two weeks

Mercersux

Looks like these fools over in Bellator are going to make Rampage-Mexicutioner their Main Event on Bellator 108. Didn't think it was a good idea to do it for the PPV and it definitely isn't for a Spike tv card. Not to say Schlemenko v Marshall is Main event worthy, but its a title fight. It minimizes their titles.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Its actually a pretty smart title. Its free so a lot of people will watch it. They can advertise a lot of their fighters. The main event will have rampage in it so a lot of casual fans will see a marquee name and he will be in a dog fight eith beltran. Not really stupid if you ask me. If beltran brawls everybody will get a solid fight and a lot of entertainment.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Behind the times, but it's tough to cut Beltran on a fight 13/14 media judges scored his way.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Behind the times, but it's tough to cut Beltran on a fight 13/14 media judges scored his way.
    Yeah, but look who he lost to. It's about as bad as losing to Joey Beltran.

Noleafclover

True

MD

Now that I think about it, shouldn't losing to someone who should have lost to Joey Beltran, be enough justification to cut Joey Beltran?

Noleafclover

Cut anderson IMO
    Last edited by Noleafclover; 10-30-13 at 10:47 PM.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Eddie looking quick! Eddie looking sharp! Eddie feeling very confident! The force is with Alvarez! Eddie looking to get his title back! This card should be titled "Return of the King!"

Word on the street is that Alvarez plans to use his quick footwork to avoid TD & Jab/box on the outside to win on points. Just like his team mate Moraes against Beebe.

Noleafclover

I'll take Stepanyan half a unit -160. My work here is done.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

lel

Rubber Guard

Looks like these fools over in Bellator are going to make Rampage-Mexicutioner their Main Event on Bellator 108. Didn't think it was a good idea to do it for the PPV and it definitely isn't for a Spike tv card. Not to say Schlemenko v Marshall is Main event worthy, but its a title fight. It minimizes their titles.
    I agree, Bellator has gone about business in their own way. But either way, your titles have to seem legit. Putting 2 washed up, broken, names as the main and over guys who are top 5 at their weight, just seems backwards. Build your stars, especially guys like Alverez and Chandler who are easy to sell as is. I guess they could possibly be thinking keep Page/Beltran a 5 rounder since the title fights will be regardless. Not sure if 5 rounds is a good thing for that fight or not, but that is what they could be thinking.

Rubber Guard

I think Chandler is a stud and rightful favorite. But Alvarez +225 has to be worth a shot.

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I think Chandler is a stud and rightful favorite. But Alvarez +225 has to be worth a shot.
    The mix of Eddie being out almost a year with Chandler getting two years of fighting/training under his belt, its hard for me to take a shot on Alvarez at better than 2 to 1 odds. May have to sit back and just enjoy this one.

Mercersux

Screw it. I'm throwing some down on Eddie. No matter what its going to be a hell of a fight so at least I'll get all the highs and lows we all enjoy. May just play Curran to have the house money to throw around. Don't see him losing to Straus.

Rubber Guard

The mix of Eddie being out almost a year with Chandler getting two years of fighting/training under his belt, its hard for me to take a shot on Alvarez at better than 2 to 1 odds. May have to sit back and just enjoy this one.
    Meh, I never know how to cap layoff. Sort of just throw it in there expecting a little rust. But it isn't like he is Cruz and off with injury and rehabbing. I bet he stayed pretty hungry. And this is it for him. UFC wanted him. But has to stay with Bellator. If he loses to Chandler a 2nd time, not sure if he will ever get that solid UFC contract and expect to challenge. I guess he could go out and put on a great fight and lose, and still remain real relevant. But hard to be a top name in Bellator if you aren't fighting for belts. If he loses he starts fighting guys like Dave Rickels.

Guys can improve in practice as well. I mean fights are big, but have to think majority of improvement is in the gym. And he trains with good fighters. Alvarez is a guy who can finish and will go for it. If he wins, I don't think he will need a long drawn out fight, proving he is better than Chandler. +230 now. Chandler should win. But I like those odds.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Props are up.

1234 ... Last