betaholic
    betaholic's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC 166 this weekend : Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos

UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos

This UFC is going to be one of the most popular ones leading to the end of 2013. Junior Dos Santos has been mauling through his opponents over the last while and he has climbed his way back to have a title shot against Cain Valasquez. With his recent win that led to this title opportunity, he is coming in to this fight with high hopes. My opinion on this is that he will get past Cain Valasquez and acquire the championship at this UFC. His respectable way of dealing with his opponents and great fighting fashion will lead to a great win this weekend.

Cain Valasquez on the other hand has been quite relaxed as of late. Will he be ready to take in Dos Santos on October 19th? Does anyone feel like he will be winning this one for some reason? I'd be more than happy to hear from you all.

- Charlie
    FrontlineBet
    http://twitter.com/frontlinebet
    Last edited by betaholic; 10-16-13 at 11:50 PM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I agree completely, Dos Santos is far too fashionable for Cain, and Cain will not be able to take Junior in. It'll be far too much.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

crapthread.jpg

betaholic
    betaholic's Avatar Become A Pro!

MD kudos for that. GO Dos Santos!

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by betaholic View Post
    UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos

This UFC is going to be one of the most popular ones leading to the end of 2013. Junior Dos Santos has been mauling through his opponents over the last while and he has climbed his way back to have a title shot against Cain Valasquez. With his recent win that led to this title opportunity, he is coming in to this fight with high hopes. My opinion on this is that he will get past Cain Valasquez and acquire the championship at this UFC. His respectable way of dealing with his opponents and great fighting fashion will lead to a great win this weekend.

Cain Valasquez on the other hand has been quite relaxed as of late. Will he be ready to take in Dos Santos on October 19th? Does anyone feel like he will be winning this one for some reason? I'd be more than happy to hear from you all.
    JDS has had only the 1 fight in between Cain and he was not overly impressive against the Super Samoan. He most definitely didn't maul him.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I agree completely, Dos Santos is far too fashionable for Cain, and Cain will not be able to take Junior in. It'll be far too much.
    Your not seriously siding with JDS in the rubber match are you...?

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Have to disagree there, MD. As OP stated - and you're not accounting for - Velasquez has been pretty relaxed of late. I think he can take him in. It might take some hard work and patience, but he can do it.

Betaholic perhaps you will have to give a rapid, furious kudos to Velasquez when he does it, eh?!
    Last edited by Noleafclover; 10-17-13 at 12:05 AM.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I feel like I would get along better with JDS so I have him capped at -500

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

crapthread.jpg

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Your not seriously siding with JDS in the rubber match are you...?
    No, I like Cain here. Think JDS is being overvalued.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, I like Cain here. Think JDS is being overvalued.
    Word. Im large on Cain so might make me sweat a little to know your on the other side. Good deal. I also think Cain has this. Think the venue for the fight tells a bit of a story as well no?

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    crapthread.jpg
    Sac man, your bets are usually solid, but this seems to be the thing you say more often than not on these boards. Can't you just take it for what it's worth? Have a cookie and a chuckle.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Dont get him wrong Leaf. Sacko had a bunch of cookies and he loves crap threads. He has friends in the saloon ffs.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    I feel like I would get along better with JDS so I have him capped at -500
    I like this new-age thinking. Reminds of the Gaberz Criterion where anybody with an ounce of Armenian blood in them automatically becomes a -500 or bigger favourite

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

I'm still not completely sold OP.

Can you do a side-by-side video montage showing JDS's respectable way of dealing with opponents versus Cain's quite relaxed state for contrast?

I'm gonna need you to step your game up to GunShard level analytics.

MD

^ On further review, I think that Cain has the speed advantage, but Junior looks downright fabulous.