BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Wish we would've been thrown a playable line on Ferguson. Fuk.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    penetrating gross. My wife loves that shit. We drank some right out of the coconut in CR, couldn't stand it.

I make coconut milk ice cream all the time though.
    Almond milk is what's up. I miss the days when I didn't give a shit about what I ate or drank.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    Almond milk is what's up. I miss the days when I didn't give a shit about what I ate or drank.
    I hear ya. Think you're going to be immortal, and then one day you realize that maybe you should've been thinking about this shit all long.

Yep, I cook a lot with almond milk as well. Grind up the almonds and use them as filler.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yep Im just gettin to that stage now after abusing my body for years, mainly at university. I've found now that I cant drink fizzy acidic drinks like Coke anymore without gettin absolutely bloated and feeling like shiit immediately after. When I was at uni I pretty much lived on the shiit along with energy drinks, God Knows what it's done to my body! Working in the chemical industry has also kind of hammered home what kind of hazardous shiit goes in to some of these drinks! Amazing the amount of raw material that comes over from places like China and India as well and has minimal testing to actually check what is in it or if it meets specification!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Pretty sure you meant to throw the word Heavyweight in there someplace.
    ha yeah, I'd put Edgar, Chad Mendes, Condit, Nick Diaz, and Shawn Jordan in my Top 5 for sure!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Jordan's main weakness is he's only been training in MMA something like 3-4 years. It takes time to learn the ground game to a point where a person develops the right habits and can defend submissions. A lot of newer guys like Matt Mitrione, Pat Barry and Lavar Johnson don't do well on the ground. They lack the experience. Shawn Jordan has been training in MMA for a shorter period of time than they have which could mean Jordan is suspect if he goes to the ground with Gonzaga who is known to have a great submission & ground game.

That said, Jordan also has an extremely defense body structure. He is like a walking juggernaut. Being from a football background his base is strong in a way that translates to Gonzaga having a hard time getting him down to work his submissions. Up till this point, Gonzaga hasn't shown much development with his takedowns. If he continues to fight the way he has in previous bouts, its doubtful he'll get Jordan down.

Jordan is also heavy handed. Gonzaga has improved his boxing a lot. But hasn't shown anything dangerous on his feet since he head kick KO'ed Cro Cop.

If it goes to the ground and Gonzaga gets a good position, he could well choke Jordan unconscious or make him tap.

But if it stays standing, Jordan probably has the advantage as long as he doesn't get careless.
    He just KO'd one of the greatest strikers on planet-earth in Dave Herman brah!!

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yep Im just gettin to that stage now after abusing my body for years, mainly at university. I've found now that I cant drink fizzy acidic drinks like Coke anymore without gettin absolutely bloated and feeling like shiit immediately after. When I was at uni I pretty much lived on the shiit along with energy drinks, God Knows what it's done to my body! Working in the chemical industry has also kind of hammered home what kind of hazardous shiit goes in to some of these drinks! Amazing the amount of raw material that comes over from places like China and India as well and has minimal testing to actually check what is in it or if it meets specification!
    Generally what we eat is disgusting. I'm also done with all the fast food bullshit. When I was little I could destroy that stuff, but now I feel like throwing up after consuming anything from that wretched place. What do you work as brah?

Played Cormier / Nelson goes distance -165. If Cormier couldnt finish Frank "Stanky legs" Mir, he's not finishing the fattest, hairiest boss chin in mma.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Generally what we eat is disgusting. I'm also done with all the fast food bullshit. When I was little I could destroy that stuff, but now I feel like throwing up after consuming anything from that wretched place. What do you work as brah?

Played Cormier / Nelson goes distance -165. If Cormier couldnt finish Frank "Stanky legs" Mir, he's not finishing the fattest, hairiest boss chin in mma.
    I'm in Procurement, just deal with sourcing and purchasing chemicals, mainly from Far East

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Wish we would've been thrown a playable line on Ferguson. Fuk.
    to quote the greatest SBR capper of all time

its El Cucuy so forget about it

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by bigday View Post
    wish we would've been thrown a playable line on ferguson. Fuk.
    elllllllll cucuuuy!!!!!!! Where you at gabe?????? Where you at mutherfucke!!$$$$$

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Pretty sure you meant to throw the word Heavyweight in there someplace.
    Nope. Can only really compare cardio divisionally in the first place (or "pound for pound", whatever the cardio equivalent of that silly phrase would be), and divisionally, there are less than half a dozen heavyweights with his cardio at the top levels of MMA in any time period.

OracleAdam
    OracleAdam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Jordan's main weakness is he's only been training in MMA something like 3-4 years. It takes time to learn the ground game to a point where a person develops the right habits and can defend submissions. A lot of newer guys like Matt Mitrione, Pat Barry and Lavar Johnson don't do well on the ground. They lack the experience. Shawn Jordan has been training in MMA for a shorter period of time than they have which could mean Jordan is suspect if he goes to the ground with Gonzaga who is known to have a great submission & ground game.

That said, Jordan also has an extremely defense body structure. He is like a walking juggernaut. Being from a football background his base is strong in a way that translates to Gonzaga having a hard time getting him down to work his submissions. Up till this point, Gonzaga hasn't shown much development with his takedowns. If he continues to fight the way he has in previous bouts, its doubtful he'll get Jordan down.

Jordan is also heavy handed. Gonzaga has improved his boxing a lot. But hasn't shown anything dangerous on his feet since he head kick KO'ed Cro Cop.

If it goes to the ground and Gonzaga gets a good position, he could well choke Jordan unconscious or make him tap.

But if it stays standing, Jordan probably has the advantage as long as he doesn't get careless.
    I'm huge on Jordan. I think he'll probably get a first round TKO. I bet on Jordan to get a first round TKO, that he'll win inside the distance, and that he'll win outright. I don't think much of Gonzaga as he has only really beaten cans. I think Gonzaga's only shot is to tag Jordan a lot on the feet like Russow did. However, I think Jordan's striking has improved as shown in his TKO of Barry. Jordan only has a 1" reach disadvantage to Gonzaga (76" to 75"). Jordan has good takedowns and takedown defense, and is much stronger than Gonzaga and would outmaneuver him on the ground.

Jordan trains with Travis Browne at Jackson/Winklejohn, who beat Gonzaga pretty easily. Jordan isn't so inexperienced anymore, and I think his continued training has shown his improvements from fight to fight. There also seems to be more KOs happening lately in MMA in general. I think fighters are getting trained to punch harder now.

Jackson said Jordan is the most athletic heavyweight he's ever seen. The dude did a backflip after beating Barry. Holy cow, a 250+ pound heavyweight doing a backflip!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Nope. Can only really compare cardio divisionally in the first place (or "pound for pound", whatever the cardio equivalent of that silly phrase would be), and divisionally, there are less than half a dozen heavyweights with his cardio at the top levels of MMA in any time period.
    So, you mean, yep then?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yeah, soda is the absolute worst thing on earth, IMO. Can't believe parents give it to their kids. I grew up on it, drank Coke instead of water my whole life, my parents were addicted to it, and passed it on to me. Don't recall drinking anything else when I was a child except at school. Kicking that habit was the best thing I ever did.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    elllllllll cucuuuy!!!!!!! Where you at gabe?????? Where you at mutherfucke!!$$$$$
    Wasnt that one of Gaberz videos if I remember??
    Geberzzz!!! Let us know if this is a Super duper real BIZ LOCK!!!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

So, you mean, yep then?
    hehe thats exactly what i thought when i read md's reply.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Whatever, homo, you just looked at the same page I did when I googled "Jessica Eye" Kalikas!
    Looool BUSTED!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kaufman has put on some muscle and lost some fat. She probably was scared shit less about facing McMann and getting rag dolled on the ufc stage. She is going to run over Eye.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 08-21-15 at 02:23 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Agreed, Eye is a 125er anyway isnt she

MD

So, you mean, yep then?
    No. I think that Aldo has the best takedown defence in MMA, but if you just got progressively bigger and bigger guys to try to take someone down, a lot of heavyweights would have him completely beat. Compared to the rest of his division, however, he's the best. Not many people think that Hendricks punches harder than Cain Velasquez, but I'm sure most would consider him one of the hardest punchers in MMA, while not considering Cain to be one. "P4P", son, "P4P".

Yeah, soda is the absolute worst thing on earth, IMO. Can't believe parents give it to their kids. I grew up on it, drank Coke instead of water my whole life, my parents were addicted to it, and passed it on to me. Don't recall drinking anything else when I was a child except at school. Kicking that habit was the best thing I ever did.
    Agreed. I gave it up and within a year my teeth had become noticeably brighter.
    Last edited by MD; 10-16-13 at 05:27 PM.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

eye has beefed up and always was big at 125. They will be about the same size. Eye's punching is pretty poor technique and she has an average grappling game

MD

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    eye has beefed up and always was big at 125. They will be about the same size. Eye's punching is pretty poor technique and she has an average grappling game
    I just started watching tape on that fight. Will give updated opinion soon. Bryan Caraway looked 17 when she fought Miesha.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

I just started watching tape on that fight. Will give updated opinion soon. Bryan Caraway looked 17 when she fought Miesha.
    but yo told me yesterday everyone who tries has taken kaufman down?

MD

but yo told me yesterday everyone who tries has taken kaufman down?
    And?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

not true watch the carmouche fight

MD

not true watch the carmouche fight
    I did. Carmouche took her down in R2. The only person I've seen attempt to take her down and fail was Hashi.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

does any one have any idea or friends with sara mcmann on facebook what the hell is going with her and does she even fight anymore developing a severe depression over this. Rousey on tv weekly and mcmann disappears. Come on V give me some info.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

I did. Carmouche took her down in R2. The only person I've seen attempt to take her down and fail was Hashi.
    that wasnt really a take down. her knee touched for two seconds against the fence. The judges would not score that.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Yabushita has a judo background and didnt suck real bad back then couldnt get her down

MD

that wasnt really a take down. her knee touched for two seconds against the fence. The judges would not score that.
    She actually took her down and put her entirely on the canvas in the first minute of the round, then when Kaufman got to her knee, she started driving knees into Kaufman's midsection. Pretty obviously a takedown I think. More surprised that she got so badly outstruck by Coenen, I didn't remember it like that.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

ok im rewatching it

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

here it is http://rutube.ru/video/10f1b0ff9a224...9a7a/?ref=logo

me personally wouldnt count that as a takedown in mma. You have to do something offensive to really secure the takedown.

MD

here it is http://rutube.ru/video/10f1b0ff9a224...9a7a/?ref=logo

me personally wouldnt count that as a takedown in mma. You have to do something offensive to really secure the takedown.
    Securing position is what constitutes a takedown, to my knowledge. She definitely secured top position momentarily. Doesn't really matter either way, though, that probably won't be Eye's gameplan here.

Now that I've watched more of her fights, I'm surprised you're not a bigger fan of Eye, actually. She's one of the best pure athletes in WMMA, and you seem to love the WMMA fighters who are actually good martial artists.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Securing position is what constitutes a takedown, to my knowledge. She definitely secured top position momentarily. Doesn't really matter either way, though, that probably won't be Eye's gameplan here.

Now that I've watched more of her fights, I'm surprised you're not a bigger fan of Eye, actually. She's one of the best pure athletes in WMMA, and you seem to love the WMMA fighters who are actually good martial artists.
    Well Eye did some sneaky back stabbing stuff to mcmann. Eye is a good athlete but I feel her skills are lacking. She has heart and can win many fights just being the better athlete. But her background is amateur boxing and her punches are not straight at all.

MD

Well Eye did some sneaky back stabbing stuff to mcmann. Eye is a good athlete but I feel her skills are lacking. She has heart and can win many fights just being the better athlete. But her background is amateur boxing and her punches are not straight at all.
    That's not what I see. She pretty much relies on her straight jab to win her fights. She rarely loads up and throws hooks unless her opponent comes at her too aggressively.

What did she do to McMann?

First 123456 ... Last