plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    Jon Jones reach: 84.5"
    Gustafsson's reach: 76.5"

84.5 - 76.5 = 8

Thus, Jon Jones has an 8" reach advantage. Nice job embarrassing yourself.

And before you try and say the UFC lies about the reach, Jones was reported as having an 84.5" reach since his first UFC fight and Gustafsson was reported at 76.5" since his first. There are no reports of their respective reaches being anything different before or after the came to the UFC. Not to mention, just by looking at the two of them you can easily see Jones' arms are much longer. Also look at how Gustafsson had no visible reach advantage vs Shogun yet when Jones fought him, Jon clearly had a massive reach advantage.

But you're saying we should throw away all the facts, evidence and logic and instead go by some baseless conspiracy theory you've come up with that doesn't have a single shred of evidence to support it? That we should agree with you that Jones will only have a 1-2" reach advantage simply because you said so based on literally nothing? LOL, cool story bro...
    In the end it ended up being 3,54 inches a far cry from any '8 inch lol'

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    In the end it ended up being 3,54 inches a far cry from any '8 inch lol'
    And where did I say the tale of the tape is never wrong? I said all evidence points to it being right in this instance, and even pointed out past examples where they were wrong as I proved a minute. So you're wrong in saying that I said tale of the tapes are right every time.

Also, you said Jones lied about his reach, not that Gustafsson's was longer than originally reported. So you were wrong there as well.

You also said Jones had no reach advantage or 1-2 inches AT MOST but Jones still ended up having a sizable reach advantage at nearly 4 inches. So again, you were wrong there too.

And you have still yet to prove where I said Gus has tiny t-rex arms or where flip flopped on my bet on Jones by decision.

As usual, you can't prove that any of the bullshit you spew is true, but I can prove that it's wrong.
    Last edited by Luca Fury; 09-29-13 at 10:03 AM.

plekz

And where did I say the tale of the tape is never wrong? I said all evidence points to it being right in this isntance.

Also, you said Jones lied about his reach, not that Gustafsson's was longer than originally reported. So you were just as wrong.

You also said Jones had no reach advantage or 1-2 inches AT MOST but Jones still ended up having a sizeable reach advantage at nearly 4 inches. So again, you were wrong there.
    Post where iv'e said Jones lied about his reach. yeah i was off by 1,5 you we're off by 4,5

Luca Fury

Here's the gem from Pelkz that started the argument in that thread. This was his first post in there, which was a reply to my first post in there:

No, Jones doesn't have any '8 inch' reach advantage you uneducated american cumstain, it's phucking laughable that a person that tries to make a living betting on the sport takes shit from a company that benifits from skewing facts AT FACE VALUE, 'tale of the tape' and the shit listed there is make belief.

At most Jones will have 1-2 inches worth of reach on Gustafsson.
    Yeah, you totally weren't a disrespectful prick for no reason.

Add on the fact that later on you were trying to claim you went 8-0 on a bunch of huge plus money props, despite the fact that you never mentioned them pre-fight, and you were the perfect storm of the worst possible type of poster on here.

Also, even other posters in that thread were claiming you were clearly jealous of me.

Nothing more to say about you. You're already known to be an asshole and a liar by everyone on here. I'm done wasting my time on you.

plekz

Post where i said Jones lied about his reach.

Luca Fury

Post where i said Jones lied about his reach.
    I already dug through that 30 page thread to post proof of your lies. I'm not going to go sifting through that thread keep on proving what a fraud and a liar you are. I already proved it.

How about you post proof of just ONE of things you said that I said in that thread? You haven't so far, but if you do, I'll muster up the effort to go and prove that you're lying about more things.

You won't post proof of me lying about what I said, though, since it doesn't exist.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Well the point didn't really go over my head, it's just that it was really dumb.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

For unrelated reasons I dislike Plekz, but he was definitely more right on Jones reach than you and others on the other side of that argument, Luca.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    For unrelated reasons I dislike Plekz, but he was definitely more right on Jones reach than you and others on the other side of that argument, Luca.
    He said Jones had no reach advantage.

I said he had 8 inches which is what had been listed for years.

It ended up being around 4 inches, which is right in the middle, and is still a solid reach advantage. So we were both a good amount off about the actual reach but I was right in saying Jones would still have a solid reach advantage. So, Pelkz was more wrong overall. It's semantics, though.

plekz

It ended up being around 4 inches, which is right in the middle, and is still a solid reach advantage. So we were both a good amount off about the actual reach but I was right in saying Jones would still have a solid reach advantage. So, Pelkz was more wrong overall. It's semantics, though.
    It's not 'around 4 inches'

It was 3,54 exact that is A FAR CRY from any 8 inches especially in a full contact sport. I said 1-2 inches so if i'm off by 1,54 and you are off 4,46 how are that really even remotely close?

Luca Fury

It was 3,54 exact
    LOL!!! 3.54 inches isn't aroudn 4 inches? Ahaahahahahaah!!!! You're hilarious.

You will look for any little thing to bitch about, no matter how big of a reach it is. Pun intended.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

It was 3,54 exact that is A FAR CRY from any 8 inches especially in a full contact sport. I said 1-2 inches so if i'm off by 1,54 and you are off 4,46 how are that really even remotely close?
    This is the most pathetic argument I've ever read on SBR.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    This is the most pathetic argument I've ever read on SBR.
    I know, right? And its burying all the beautiful stuff that came before.

Just proves that Luca is some sort of psycho who can't let anything go, no matter what. He's been arguing nonstop for something like 15 hours now! I've slept, ******, and cooked 2 meals in the interim!

Anybody got any video of him talking? I bet he has the dead eyes of a serial killer.

Noleafclover

Ya'll were saying it tale of tape was accurate. He was eyeballing picture and saying much closer. It was a good call. Dunno why you struggle to admit that, give the guy some props for getting it right when he's right, what's the harm?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Ya'll were saying it tale of tape was accurate. He was eyeballing picture and saying much closer. It was a good call. Dunno why you struggle to admit that, give the guy some props for getting it right when he's right, what's the harm?
    As someone who disputed him openly and was willing to prop bet against his position (a bet I would have won), I didn't see anyone claiming that the Tale of the Tape was 100% accurate, nothing close. All I asked for was a source for his opinion, which he couldn't provide, and I was more willing to trust the Tale of the Tape than "looks to me like...". He wasn't right, by the way, he said Jones had a 1-2" advantage at most. The reach differential was definitely less than I expected, though, so I'll give him props for that.

Noleafclover

Well, I was hesitant to weigh in because it seemed like there was no clear answer.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Ill make a few quick points since my name was brought up.
    • I think Luca is a nutbag.
    • I dont think MD is Irish, I am, I live here, he posts at the wrong times to be here and just does not speak the lingo.
    • Luca does nothing wrong, his service is overpriced by a mile (3 picks on an event) - he comes off as an ass but that's a personal opinion. ---- * Kalickas is a line setter, that's where it gets dodgy!
    • The bets you guys make dont change lines, most of the books you bet at are limited to a certain amount. Look at Will Hill lines for football(soccer) look at there limits £1000,000. Get over yourself.
    • Bookmakers dont like sharps, they will limit them, what boomakers like is the guy that puts on $100 does a few bets and gets back 90. Ill find the vid to that sometime. What they also like are the same people that might bet $40 on slots or something.
    • Luca should make a thread of his free bets and there would be much, much less drama.
    • Nunya is a lil awesome.

I dont dislike anyone here, there are a few people here that rub me the wrong way and im sure its vice versa but I like this place.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    • I dont think MD is Irish, I am, I live here, he posts at the wrong times to be here and just does not speak the lingo.
    • Luca does nothing wrong, his service is overpriced by a mile (3 picks on an event) - he comes off as an ass but that's a personal opinion. ---- * Kalickas is a line setter, that's where it gets dodgy!
    • The bets you guys make dont change lines, most of the books you bet at are limited to a certain amount. Look at Will Hill lines for football(soccer) look at there limits £1000,000. Get over yourself.
    • Bookmakers dont like sharps, they will limit them, what boomakers like is the guy that puts on $100 does a few bets and gets back 90. Ill find the vid to that sometime. What they also like are the same people that might bet $40 on slots or something.
    • Luca should make a thread of his free bets and there would be much, much less drama.

I dont dislike anyone here, there are a few people here that rub me the wrong way and im sure its vice versa but I like this place.
    You realize it's 3:23 AM for both of us then, right? Wrong times indeed. I like being up at night for most of the year, by the way. I'm not a daytime person.
    As for the lingo, seriously? Yeah, on a gambling forum, I'm going to go around purposefully typing "whazzz da craic keeeeeeed?" instead of just being a normal human being. Be serious.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

William hill limits are tht high? Im limited to 10 squid on wh

Sykes

Check it dude there 1mil on football. MD I have my doubts man, just saying. Also dont call me out I dont do it to you, I take the piss with the guy one time, maybe twice. All deserved imo, the man asks for it.

MD

Check it dude there 1mil on football. MD I have my doubts man, just saying. Also dont call me out I dont do it to you, I take the piss with the guy one time, maybe twice. All deserved imo, the man asks for it.
    Doubt away. We can prop bet it if you want. I don't call you out, by the way. I call it like I see it and I always have. If the shoe were on the other foot I'd be sticking up for you, because the fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter what someone's screen name is, they either deserve shit or they don't, and I think that some of the shit you give Luca isn't deserved. I've defended Gabe on this forum, and he hates my guts. I don't hold grudges, I just give my honest opinion. I obviously have nothing against you.

Sykes

I gave him shit the last UFC, because he kept coming back at me. I was off on hols in co.clare in the middle of nowhere, I had a vodafone dingle thing for internet, he was my entertainment. I dont give anyone shit, I take the piss now and then. BTW I you can always still get your name out there, top ranking shit etc.. !

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Is MD a Luca Fury's ghost?
    He "calls it like he sees it"....He starts his discussions with "hilarious that you bla bla bla"

Never seen Luca "strongly disagree" but idk....

MD

I gave him shit the last UFC, because he kept coming back at me. I was off on hols in co.clare in the middle of nowhere, I had a vodafone dingle thing for internet, he was my entertainment. I dont give anyone shit, I take the piss now and then. BTW I you can always still get your name out there, top ranking shit etc.. !
    Why would you go to Clare on holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Is MD a Luca Fury's ghost?
    He "calls it like he sees it"....He starts his discussions with "hilarious that you bla bla bla"

Never seen Luca "strongly disagree" but idk....

Luca must really like arguing if he argues with himself on SBR all the time.

Sykes

Dude wants to get on the Gabe list of friends Grab. Want to be an amigo.

Sykes

Cause I got a sexy lil Brazilian girlfriend and I wanted to show her the nice side of ... Ireland.

MD

Should have taken her to Wicklow.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Luca must really like arguing if he argues with himself on SBR all the time.
    He kinda does

Sykes

Haha really. My man, good night.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Dude wants to get on the Gabe list of friends Grab. Want to be an amigo.
    The 3 amigos!! i get you

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Well...looks like I didn't miss much since I've been gone.

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Some things never change I guess

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

You realize it's 3:23 AM for both of us then, right? Wrong times indeed. I like being up at night for most of the year, by the way. I'm not a daytime person.
    As for the lingo, seriously? Yeah, on a gambling forum, I'm going to go around purposefully typing "whazzz da craic keeeeeeed?" instead of just being a normal human being. Be serious.
    MD is an insomniac.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Staying up at night and sleeping during the day is really unhealthy.

First 12345 Last