SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    do "these fighters" have names...
    If you bothered to actually read the exchange, you'd have seen the following:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    All time greats like Mayweather are once in a lifetime. There are still guys capable of carrying the torch to keep boxing relevant in the mainstream even if they can't fill his shoes. Leo Santa Cruz, Danny Garcia, Canelo Alvarez, Adrien Broner, Chavez Jr., Andre Ward, Tim Bradley (give him time), the list goes on and on.

Showtime/CBS and Golden Boy, and even Floyd himself with his stable of fighters under his banner will continue to make exciting fights. I shouldn't include Top Rank fighters in the list since they only fight other TR fighters, but that's a separate discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    You thinkn Andre Ward is going to pull Mayweather numbers? If I named any of those fighters to one of my buddies they would probably wouldnt of heard of any of them!
    If your buddies are casual sports fans I'm sure they haven't heard much. These fighters will start being built up once the top dog retires and they'll have the benefit of the big marketing budgets and cross-country tours. Unfortunately in sports like boxing (and even MMA), simply being the best isn't a guarantee anyone knows who you are... unlike the best athletes in most other sports.

Back on topic, UFC isn't for everyone and neither is boxing. But it was a hell of a performance by Gustafsson. I like the class he showed in what was ruled defeat. Also excited to watch Ronda Rousey again.

And to answer your question, Andre needs a new promoter.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boxing 10x better

Always was and always will be

Street fighting limited

Lou you buried everyone here

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

If you bothered to actually read the exchange, you'd have seen the following:

lol that is who you are counting on to bring in floyd money haha that is a good laugh. They will never be at floyd's level skill wise therefore they won't bring in close to what floyd does.

and speaking of bothering to read stuff, I guess you missed that part on the first page where I said round 1 of jones/gustaffson was better than the last 6 title fights for PBF. The truth hurts but ignoring it won't change anything.
    Last edited by brooks85; 09-24-13 at 08:40 AM.

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Boxing 10x better

Always was and always will be

Street fighting limited

Lou you buried everyone here
    boxing sucks you clueless clown

TheRifleman

I'd like to see these sissy boxers take off their shoes put on 4oz mma gloves, step into the octogan and throw down...lol...none of them would last more than 2 mins unless they ran around the ring for 5 mins. straight. Boxing is just ONE aspect of MMA..just ONE. They only have a punchers chance of winning the fight...ie Ray Mercer.

BOXING IS DEAD!!! LONG LIVE THE KING...............MMA!!!

Ali, Mayweather, Foreman, Marchiano, De la Hoya, Leonard, Robinson etc..would all get DESTROYED in the Octogan by the lowest of low level MMA fighters...........( except if they fought Tim Sylvia...props to Ray Mercer)

Last edited by TheRifleman; 09-24-13 at 09:01 AM.

TheRifleman

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

boxing isnt dead and never will be, but all these fanboys are in for a reality check in as soon as floyd is gone. Pros and cons tho. Pro is for the fans, title fights will actually be interesting to watch for once, they will actually be competitive because these fighters are no where near as good as floyd and never will be, that is just a fact.

Major con is for the bettors, floyd by decision is one of the best bets under the sun until he retires.

That right there shows you how lou is biased, he was calling for a floyd KO. That's fine to make predictions, but you can't see the forest through the trees as they say. Floyd isn't KOing anyone unless they stop fighting again like victor which would have been another easy decision win.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

course rifeman loves mma. there's one small piece of fabric keeping mma from being full-on guy on guy phaggotry.

jjgold

Mma cult following
    Steroid sport
    Kind of like pro wrestling

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

This is officially the stupidest fawking topic in Players Talk.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Just watched a UFC 165 bout where a guy laid on the other all rounds 3.

zZzZz

Folks excited by this?

yeah i hate the wrestling stuff. its cool when they stay on their feet though.

i like anthony pettis bc he dont do grappling shit

jjgold

Sport will be done in 5 years

Wannabe bouncers
    Wannabe boxers
    Wannabe pro wrestlers
    Wannabe pimps
    Wannabe mobsters

Lou is winning the thread by far

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Still cant believe that was a real fight
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    I'd like to see these sissy boxers take off their shoes put on 4oz mma gloves, step into the octogan and throw down...lol...none of them would last more than 2 mins unless they ran around the ring for 5 mins. straight. Boxing is just ONE aspect of MMA..just ONE. They only have a punchers chance of winning the fight...ie Ray Mercer.

BOXING IS DEAD!!! LONG LIVE THE KING...............MMA!!!

Ali, Mayweather, Foreman, Marchiano, De la Hoya, Leonard, Robinson etc..would all get DESTROYED in the Octogan by the lowest of low level MMA fighters...........( except if they fought Tim Sylvia...props to Ray Mercer)

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yeah i hate the wrestling stuff. its cool when they stay on their feet though.

i like anthony pettis bc he dont do grappling shit
    Not to disrespect you, but this is dumbfukkery of the highest magnitude. If you like to see striking, perhaps you should watch striking.

You saying "I hate the wrestling stuff" in relation to MMA is like me saying "I like ice hockey but I hate the skating stuff".

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Still cant believe that was a real fight
    The worst UFC 135er could easily take Gayweather down and pound him out. No shuckin' or jivin' would be able to save him. Anyone who did not go ALL IN when Couture fought James Phoney missed out big time.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Shaolin Monk vs Tae Kwon Do master

more entertaining than most of the UFC undercard fights

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Sport will be done in 5 years

Wannabe bouncers
    Wannabe boxers
    Wannabe pro wrestlers
    Wannabe pimps
    Wannabe mobsters

Lou is winning the thread by far
    MMA will be bigger than ever in 5 years while boxing slowly and painfully dies. Lou is losing and so is boxing

First ... 2345