Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Kenny Norton

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

One of the most underrated heavyweights. Every bit the boxer Ali was.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    One of the most underrated heavyweights. Every bit the boxer Ali was.
    cmon man u got to be kidding me. Solid fighter but Ali lol

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    cmon man u got to be kidding me. Solid fighter but Ali lol
    "Solid fighter"? If a couple of decisions that he probably deserved to win had gone his way, he would have a very good chance of being known as the second best heavyweight of all time. Ali was lucky to have won any​ of his fights with Norton.

Thor4140

He got massacre by Forman. If he would have beat Foreman i would give u ur due

MD

He got massacre by Forman. If he would have beat Foreman i would give u ur due
    Ali got a gift decision in a fight that he clearly lost against a career journeyman in Jimmy Young. Jimmy Young was an incredibly mediocre boxer who was able to completely demolish Ali just by forcing Ali to chase him Machida-style. Ali's fundamentals were so poor that he had absolutely no answer, his defence was exposed as fundamentally weak, and he was shown to be a far less intelligent fighter when it came to fighting guys who wouldn't just pressure him continuously. He spent the entire fight head-hunting and did nothing to deserve the win, but was gifted it anyway. Ali's entire career is filled with moments where he could have been remembered in a completely different light if not for fortunate circumstances. He won quite a few decisions that most agree he should have lost, and we all remember how he was about to quit against Frazier. Not many athletes in history are running more ahead of EV than Ali is. A decisive loss to Foreman doesn't come close to tarnishing Norton's legacy.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Ali got a gift decision in a fight that he clearly lost against a career journeyman in Jimmy Young. Jimmy Young was an incredibly mediocre boxer who was able to completely demolish Ali just by forcing Ali to chase him Machida-style. Ali's fundamentals were so poor that he had absolutely no answer, his defence was exposed as fundamentally weak, and he was shown to be a far less intelligent fighter when it came to fighting guys who wouldn't just pressure him continuously. He spent the entire fight head-hunting and did nothing to deserve the win, but was gifted it anyway. Ali's entire career is filled with moments where he could have been remembered in a completely different light if not for fortunate circumstances. He won quite a few decisions that most agree he should have lost, and we all remember how he was about to quit against Frazier. Not many athletes in history are running more ahead of EV than Ali is. A decisive loss to Foreman doesn't come close to tarnishing Norton's legacy.
    he won these close decision by carrying most of those bums for the networks. I know u think everything is on the up and up but that is how good he was and that is how things work in this world. Norton also got destroyed by Jerry Cooney for goodness sakes

MD

he won these close decision by carrying most of thee bums for the networks. I know u think everything is on the up and up but that is how good he was and that is how things work in this world. Norton also got destroyed by Jerry Cooney for goodness sakes

Well, at least the "it's a conspiracy" line is better than what I was expecting, which was "naw meng... ali wuz da gretest. i aint never sen a boxor who boxord lik he boxord."

Thor4140

When everyone was terrified of Foreman Ali went in there and schooled him.

MD

When everyone was terrified of Foreman Ali went in there and schooled him.
    So did Jimmy Young. A journeyman. Who also schooled Ali, when everyone was afraid of him. Norton could be 3-0 against Ali with different judges (2-1 IMO).