InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Are they serious with this Mayweather stuff?

Can anyone tell me how it wasn't unanimous?

Unflagginrizl

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Simple, it was never going to be unanimous.

#knowthejudges.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Chalkerrrrr

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

a lot of guys here bet u dec I think also a bad beat Canelo didn't win a fukkin round

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I didn't think it was unanimous. Canelo gave him trouble, and Money knows it. Ginger has heart.

but it was kind of a given that this fight was going to be judged liberally. Boxing is a dying sport, and tonight was good for it.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

dumb fukking broad 14-14 was one of the judges for the one of the most rigged fights in boxing history last year... she should be fukking shot

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    dumb fukking broad 14-14 was one of the judges for the one of the most rigged fights in boxing history last year... she should be fukking shot
    This should have been 'handicapped'....and it was in various threads across the internet. Also, this was boxing's saving grace. Come onnn.. what would a unanimous decision do for it?

ChalkyDog

I actually have no idea. It looks painfully rigged, and the judge was obviously going to pull some shit.

I can't keep score when these fags don't even attempt to knock eachother out. Both should get docked points for their bullshit.

One guy backed up for 12 rds and won. The other guy followed the backing up fool into the corner for 12 rds and lost.

"Boxing"

This was as much of a fight as two frat boys pushing eachother and yelling "hold me back".
    Points Awarded:

paco gave ChalkyDog 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NYSportsGuy210

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I actually have no idea.

Can't keep score when these fags don't even attempt to knock eachother out. Both should get docked points for their bullshit.

One guy backed up for 12 rds and won. The other guy attacked for 12 rds and lost.

"Boxing"
    Really? You don't see the the science in it? The art of using your torso and hands? Defense? Taking the best opportunity to strike? I love it. I've been boxing since I was 10 and there's an art to it. As opposed to UFC where, by nature, you're just exploiting weakness, and mistakes.

In boxing, you MAKE your luck and you pounce on it.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Really? You don't see the the science in it? The art of using your torso and hands? Defense? Taking the best opportunity to strike? I love it. I've been boxing since I was 10 and there's an art to it. As opposed to UFC where, by nature, you're just exploiting weakness, and mistakes.

In boxing, you MAKE your luck and you pounce on it.
    Stroke your dick and call it boxing if you want. I don't give a shit. I paid zero dollars.

Shit was a joke.

Truth is, I've seen better fights between two drunks on a friday night.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Stroke your dick and call it boxing if you want. I don't give a shit. I paid zero dollars.

Shit was a joke.
    I call it uniform fighting and I think it's glorious. There's something to be said about a man who dominates another under the same rules, same pretense... One on one. Using his limbs as a defense and his mind as a weapon. Mixed martial arts, and believe me....I know all about it, is just havoc...it preys on the weaker.

You need patience and mental fortitude to excel in a boxing ring.
    Last edited by JayLA; 09-15-13 at 01:48 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave JayLA 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave JayLA 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

ChalkyDog

I call it uniform fighting and I think it's glorious. There's something to be said about a man who dominates another under the same rules, same pretense... One on one. Using his limbs as a defense and his mind as a weapon. Mixed martial arts, and believe me....I know all about it, is just havoc...it preys on the weaker.

You need patience and mental fortitude to excel in a boxing ring.
    If you wanted to see half naked guys the size of women playing technical grabass, I strongly encourage you to watch the "glorious" bullshit that is ballet.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

If you wanted to see half naked guys the size of women playing technical grabass, I strongly encourage you to watch the "glorious" bullshit that is ballet.
    I feel you man, it's boring to you. But have you ever stepped in a ring with another person? There's a mutual respect. I know plenty of south florida mma "artists" who feel the same way. They see boxing as a "pretenious" form of what they do. But I still see the magic in it....because of the restrain.....you can't just beat someone into oblivion.

I'm done arguing though. Your opinion isn't new to me.

ChalkyDog

I feel you man, it's boring to you. But have you ever stepped in a ring with another person?
    Nope. Few fights growing up like everyone else.

Fishing on TV is amazing to some people too.

Bieber being in his corner is wildly apropos. Mediocre product making way more money that it is worth and diluting a once glorious industry.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Nope. Few fights growing up like everyone else.

Fishing on TV is amazing to some people too.

Bieber being in his corner is wildly apropos. Mediocre product making way more money that it is worth.
    i get it, i really do. lil wayne and justin beieber were a joke. ask the people at the bar who cracked up when i talked shit about all that.

im assuming you haven't been shark fishing before.........

i guess it's about competition. which, by the way, hunter s. Thompson knew all too well.....

some people are just passive.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Boxing teaches young men discipline and honor.

MMA teaches young men it's just fine to pound a guy in the head with your elbows when he is down.

You would have been considered a coward fighting like that when I was young.

But who cares about honor when TV ratings are at stake.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Anyone got a picture of this CJ Ross whore?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anyone got a picture of this CJ Ross whore?
    The same bitch ruined the Pacquiao vs Bradley decision as well. She is old and retarded.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/15...draw-bad-score

Optional

There was only 2 rounds of the fight where at least 1 of the other judges didn't agree with her scoring. (1st and 8th)

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Didnt matter if you backed moneyman to win on points

Optional

In fact if you look at those scores it's Metcalfe who's in the minority most rounds with his scoring.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2721

So what the odds difference between Floyd winning a unaminous decision vs a majority decision?

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Heavyweight is the only division worth a damn. Even that is boring these days.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boxing is rigged

Fight was no even close

Boxing sucks

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

of course the heavy weight division sucks every guy who is 6'5 or in that range in america is usually a tight end or a big "3" in basketball

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Boxing teaches young men discipline and honor.

MMA teaches young men it's just fine to pound a guy in the head with your elbows when he is down.

You would have been considered a coward fighting like that when I was young.

But who cares about honor when TV ratings are at stake.
    So it's ok to punch someone in the head until they're unconscious, but once you use elbows instead of fists, that's crossing a line? I hope you're reading this, Fistula. I told you bro.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post

So it's ok to punch someone in the head until they're unconscious, but once you use elbows instead of fists, that's crossing a line? I hope you're reading this, Fistula. I told you bro.
    Not surprising this needs explaining more to the younger generation.

It's cowardly to hit a man when he is down and unable to defend himself. Using elbows instead of fists just makes it that much more cowardly.

Well, that's a a value real men used to hold dear.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I hope you're reading this, Fistula. I told you bro.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's cowardly to hit a man when he is down and unable to defend himself. Using elbows instead of fists just makes it that much more cowardly.

maybe in the 50s and 60s that was the case but if you fall in a street fight today nobodys waiting for you to get up not here in LA you might even get stomped or curbed nobody will say that guy who kicked is a coward things have changed big time. Theres no rules in a street fight period even back in the day guys would throw dirt or sand in guys faces that's about as cowardly as it comes imo i'd rather be elbowed or kicked when down then some guy blind me by throwing earth in my face. I haven't figured it out you live in the U.k. or Australia right guys get glassed all the time often blind side glassed is that not cowardly?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    maybe in the 50s and 60s that was the case but if you fall in a street fight today nobodys waiting for you to get up not here in LA you might even get stomped or curbed nobody will say that guy who kicked is a coward things have changed big time. Theres no rules in a street fight period even back in the day guys would throw dirt or sand in guys faces that's about as cowardly as it comes imo i'd rather be elbowed or kicked when down then some guy blind me by throwing earth in my face. I haven't figured it out you live in the U.k. or Australia right guys get glassed all the time often blind side glassed is that not cowardly?
    I agree times have changed. And how fast it happened. I grew up in the 70s and 80s.

Australia is no different to USA. Young men have been taught that committing ridiculous violence is just fine in everyday life.

I place much of the blame on the popularization of MMA and the imperative to push 'supplements'. And the loss of honor as a value young men are taught.

It wasn't that long ago Martial Arts were mostly about honor too.

MD

They're not "unable to defend themselves". There are guys who would much rather be on the bottom eating elbows than standing up trading punches because it favours them more. Being ignorant about MMA is good too though brah.

Optional

They're not "unable to defend themselves". There are guys who would much rather be on the bottom eating elbows than standing up trading punches because it favours them more. Being ignorant about MMA is good too though brah.
    Pros may be able to handle it. Irrelevant though.

Young guys now thinking it is fine to fight in the street that way is the shame.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    The same bitch ruined the Pacquiao vs Bradley decision as well. She is old and retarded.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/15...draw-bad-score
    i guarantee it's not her fault. she was just paid to be a scapegoat in both fights.

boxing and mma both shady when it comes to judges.

MD

Pros may be able to handle it. Irrelevant though.

Young guys now thinking it is fine to fight in the street that way is the shame.
    What do you think a street fight is? If someone cracks you in the back of the head while you're walking through an alley, do you think "f-ck, I have to defend myself, but only with proper boxing form?". If someone attacks you, do whatever you need to do in order to defend yourself. There's no honour in getting yourself killed by some scumbag. Throw sand in their eyes, stab them, shoot them, kick them in the balls, hold their weaker friend hostage, anything. If you lose in a fair fight in that situation, you're betting your life on the mercy of the guy who just beat the shit out of you. There is no honour in a street fight.

Optional

What do you think a street fight is? If someone cracks you in the back of the head while you're walking through an alley, do you think "f-ck, I have to defend myself, but only with proper boxing form?". If someone attacks you, do whatever you need to do in order to defend yourself. There's no honour in getting yourself killed by some scumbag. Throw sand in their eyes, stab them, shoot them, kick them in the balls, hold their weaker friend hostage, anything. If you lose in a fair fight in that situation, you're betting your life on the mercy of the guy who just beat the shit out of you. There is no honour in a street fight.
    We don't disagree. That is the way the world is today. And defend yourself any way you can has always been fine.

During the 80s I could go out and get drunk and get into arguments or even fights confident in the knowledge most people would not kick your head in until you had brain damage if you did happen to cop a whooping. Young men could let off steam together without much risk of dieing.

I hate that that has changed so much.

If I acted the way I did then today I imagine I would last about a week alive at clubs and pubs these days.

12 Last