MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    We don't disagree. That is the way the world is today. And defend yourself any way you can has always been fine.

During the 80s I could go out and get drunk and get into arguments or even fights confident in the knowledge most people would not kick your head in until you had brain damage if you did happen to cop a whooping. Young men could let off steam together without much risk of dieing.

I hate that that has changed so much.

If I acted the way I did then today I imagine I would last about a week alive at clubs and pubs these days.
    Good. Being a douchebag and starting arguments while drunk and expecting not to get hurt is ridiculous and you are either a troll or of very questionable intelligence.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I think MMA is one step left of the Roman Colosseum. I have never enjoyed watching it.

However, after watching years of boxing deteriorate to where a ballerina is the best in the industry, I have a semblance of respect of MMA, which is greater than my current level of respect for boxing.

I didn't even grow up in the golden age of boxing, and I'm disgusted. Can't even imagine what my pops thinks of what we call boxing these days.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post

Good. Being a douchebag and starting arguments while drunk and expecting not to get hurt is ridiculous and you are either a troll or of very questionable intelligence.
    Have you ever heard the one about assuming stuff making an ass out of people? Do I sound like an obnoxious type?

You could go out and safely talk to anyone, argue about the football with strangers and tell loud mouthed drunks to shut up, etc etc is what I meant.

Kind of like this, but to your face... Fukk off now idiot.

MD

Have you ever heard the one about assuming stuff making an ass out of people? Do I sound like an obnoxious type?

You could go out and safely talk to anyone, argue about the football with strangers and tell loud mouthed drunks to shut up, etc etc is what I meant.

Kind of like this, but to your face... Fukk off now idiot.
    It's not assuming to reply to something that you directly said. Also, yes, you sound like an obnoxious type; do you read your own posts?

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!
    CupWanted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I went out to watch the fight with a buddy. We agreed it wasn't particularly exciting (Money pretty much threw nothing but Jabs all night) but that Money was clinical. You just can't lay a glove on the guy. Alvarez was close to landing a few good power punches but a lot of people have been close before. When we heard majority instead of unanimous decision we both just looked at each other in disgust. It's a shame how crooked the sport has become.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm more shocked that some people actually bet on Canelo with the odds given. One person being dumb isn't nothing to write home about, but...

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

We don't disagree. That is the way the world is today. And defend yourself any way you can has always been fine.

During the 80s I could go out and get drunk and get into arguments or even fights confident in the knowledge most people would not kick your head in until you had brain damage if you did happen to cop a whooping. Young men could let off steam together without much risk of dieing.

I hate that that has changed so much.

If I acted the way I did then today I imagine I would last about a week alive at clubs and pubs these days.
    Jesus geezer... blame Grand Theft Auto, not MMA. ffs.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Stop watching and buying

Garbage

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey, whatever people get off on to feel all nostalgic, I'm all for it. If it's pretending men with waxed moustaches use to play fair play fisticuffs in the ancient time of history that we call 1980's, alright. Not going to even bother digging up any sort of figures for this shit because I don't care all that much, but the odds of a drunken shithead getting stabbed over being an asshole in the wrong place at the wrong time isn't probably that much elevated.

I guess it's a sign of aging when you start harboring resentment towards the next generations. You know, just like your parents did when they were your age.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JayLA, and Killer_Demo

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

The judge (CJ Ross) has done this stuff numerous times. She was one of the 2 judges that robbed Pacqiau in the Bradley fight. And she has done other shady stuff before.

Women don't know about boxing.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:401615

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

floyd is best there is

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Wasn't the Mayweather via majority decision prop like +1600?

EDIT> I don't know the history of this judge, but I know of at least a few people who took the majority decision prop based on this judge being assigned the fight alone. Some are convinced that she is corrupt and or inept.
    Last edited by bogbat; 09-15-13 at 04:28 PM.

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love boxing so much sometimes.

"Good judges, they don't keep track of their scores," Kizer said. "It's a round-by-round scoring system. And all three judges thought Floyd Mayweather was the better fighter, that he won that fight as a whole. And again, because one judge had it even on the scorecard doesn't mean that that judge thought both fighters did equally well."
    Good judges can't count.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-draw/2816871/

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

"Good judges, they don't keep track of their scores," Kizer said. "It's a round-by-round scoring system. And all three judges thought Floyd Mayweather was the better fighter, that he won that fight as a whole. And again, because one judge had it even on the scorecard doesn't mean that that judge thought both fighters did equally well."

this is actually true but the fact is that she gave rounds to canelo that werent really close.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

#1 Answer: it was a girl

marcoloco

only 8k is what the judges make? no wonder boxing is so rigged. It is easy to pay them off

MD

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    only 8k is what the judges make? no wonder boxing is so rigged. It is easy to pay them off
    Do you realize how insane $8000 is to do pretty much nothing, in a job that requires no skill whatsoever, for a few hours of your time? All she had to do was sit there and flip a coin to decide who won the round. I'd do that for $100.

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    I didn't think it was unanimous. Canelo gave him trouble, and Money knows it. Ginger has heart.

but it was kind of a given that this fight was going to be judged liberally. Boxing is a dying sport, and tonight was good for it.
    Your a clown, Mayweather won at least 10 rounds. WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE. JOKE.

marcoloco

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Do you realize how insane $8000 is to do pretty much nothing, in a job that requires no skill whatsoever, for a few hours of your time? All she had to do was sit there and flip a coin to decide who won the round. I'd do that for $100.
    when its the biggest event of the year, maybe highest grossing in boxing ever.... you would think the judges would make a little more

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    if you turn the audio off and watch it again u might grade it 114-114

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    bitch please.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Gay weather fans act like he destroyed canelo.. That "fight" was a sparring match at best.... Gay weather wins fights the same way a ballerina would. Pussy.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Gay weather fans act like he destroyed canelo.. That "fight" was a sparring match at best.... Gay weather wins fights the same way a ballerina would. Pussy.
    As did Mayweather, Canelo, Canelo's promoter, pretty much every boxing site, almost anyone unbiased, and by the looks on their faces, Canelo's family.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I can't remember what the line was for unanimous decision but the majority decision paid 21 to 1. CJ Ross probably made a great profit parlaying her judges earnings ($8k to judge the fight x 21 = $168,000). Since she's a girl, we all chalk it up to her not knowing any better, while she just paid off the mortgage on her home.

It only takes one judge to fix a fight. She votes draw and guarantees a win.

What was very fishy was that the line for a Draw plummeted from 30 to 1 to 8 to 1 in a few hours. Somebody knew something and loaded up on that line.

The FBI should really get involved in this. She was clearly on the take and the books, her family, friends, etc., had to be involved. It's not that hard to follow the money. Until these scabs are convicted they will continue with their shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    So what the odds difference between Floyd winning a unaminous decision vs a majority decision?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

He totally dismantled Canelo. It was not close. Canelo was so frustrated that he was swinging at air at times. One time he punched the ropes and hit the camera. No matter what he did, he couldn't hit Mayweather, all while Mayweather was hitting him. Canelo was eating a high volume of punches in the 8th/9th rounds and was vulnerable of falling if Mayweather would have taken more chances. Mayweather's hand speed is so fast that many of his punches do not look like they hurt but if you watch it in slow motion, those are hard shots.

Sure, Mayweather is a dick but you have to give him his due. He can move his head and body faster than most guys can punch. He waits for you to punch so that he can pull his head back and counter all in the same motion. I've never seen anything like it. You throw a punch, he can duck it, especially on the ropes. He doesn't bob and weave like most fighters. He just avoids the punch because he's just that fast. Incredible.

The only thing that can beat him IMO, is father time. Eventually his reflexes will slow down and he won't be able to avoid shots. Once that happens, he's a power punch away from being knocked out. I'm just not sure when that will happen and if he will stay in the game long enough?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

if gayweather took more chances, canelo would've knocked him out. Not the other way around.. And none of those ballerina shots hurt canelo...

The "great boxer" was too scared to take chances on a gassed tired boxer..

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

the pure numbers are astonishing...the rate at which he lands and the rate at which his opponent doesnt......floyd is usually known for using his lead right alot....in this fight he controlled it with his jab....consider danny/lucas fighting at 140 coming in on fight night at 150lbs....now floyd is fighting at 152/154...comes in at the same weight and dominates a young/tough fighter weighing 165.....anything less than him fighting GGG or andre ward wont subdue the haters

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Some of the Judges IMO are on the bookmakers payroll i can't prove this sure but i'm confident

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

I call it uniform fighting and I think it's glorious. There's something to be said about a man who dominates another under the same rules, same pretense... One on one. Using his limbs as a defense and his mind as a weapon. Mixed martial arts, and believe me....I know all about it, is just havoc...it preys on the weaker.

You need patience and mental fortitude to excel in a boxing ring.
    jiu jitsu is designed specifically designed to let a weaker man win a conflict using leverage and his mind. how much mma do you actually know? because that's pretty basic stuff==btw i've done both boxing and jiu jitsu, both have their merits, but to consider one "just havoc" is idiotic

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

bitch please.

Fritolay
    He made carrot top look like an amateur. Yes it was not exciting and not much damage was done but it was obvious he was in control and toying with Ronald Mcdonald the whole fight. I am not a Mayweather fan, I do not like his cocky attitude or how his fights are glorified sparring matches. However he is very technical and dominated bozo.
    Bitch this Bitch.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

if gayweather took more chances, canelo would've knocked him out. Not the other way around.. And none of those ballerina shots hurt canelo...

The "great boxer" was too scared to take chances on a gassed tired boxer..
    The goal is to win....not too look impressive or w/e the reason you want him to take chances for.

Winning teams in football run the ball to run out the clock, in soccer they will try to time waste as much as possible, in NBA they will run down the clock.

Defense whether or not you like it wins, can be said for most sports.

First 12