sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Andrian Broner says MMA is not a REAL sport, I agree

Jon Jones was sitting on his couch in community college, decided to learn mma and became a world champ in 2 years.

That would never happen in a million years in boxing because boxing is a REAL sport.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

It takes more to be someone in boxing than MMA. But Broner is an exceptional POS.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

this thread smells like poop

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tyson became WBC HW champ less than two years after his first pro fight

Sato

Quote Originally Posted by raag View Post
    Tyson was levels above anyone else in the HW division. A true specimen, kid dynamite...

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

...just like Jones is?

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's not fair, Tyson was a literal monster.

Anyway, nobody should take what Broner says seriously. I think he's a literal retard.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

And it shouldn't be. That's why PRIDE was so awesome.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

So Tyson only train those two years before becoming champ?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

The guy has a very legitimate point to a degree. Five years from now it won't be the case or maybe even three that is because the sport is still young. Guys like Healy (just to name one)who are not the greatest athletes out there wont be around in another five years. That is why Rousey is believed to be so good. She is the Joyce Gracie of the womans division until everyone catches up.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Car racing isn't a sport. I live 23 miles from work got here in less than 6 minutes. Focking phagets.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Only homosexuals watch MMA
    Points Awarded:

mirinquads gave sideloaded 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Only homosexuals watch MMA
    What was so strange about the last Ufc fight night is after it was over I had a strange need to shove a cack down my throat.

rocky16

Adding 2 units mike kyle.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

MMA sites all talking about the boxing fights this weekend. I have never went to a boxing site that started talking about the hot new mma match coming up.

Every single mma fan becomes a boxing expert 2 times a year when mayweather fights. Bunch of fake fans.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

MMA fans are a bunch of pretentious assholes. I have never seen someone put boxing in their twitter handle and pretend to be a expert on everything in boxing. But it happens everyday in MMA. MMA fans even tweet fighters trying to give them a game plan.

If you dont fight MMA or work for a MMA promotion why the fuk are you putting MMA in your twitter handle? Are you that much of a tool?

I have never seen a boxing fan tweet a fighter telling him how to train.
    Last edited by sideloaded; 09-11-13 at 12:14 PM.

rocky16

MMA sites all talking about the boxing fights this weekend. I have never went to a boxing site that started talking about the hot new mma match coming up.

Every single mma fan becomes a boxing expert 2 times a year when mayweather fights. Bunch of fake fans.
    Sider don't forget pal mma sites also put wrestling news on their websites. Focking guys in spandex hitting each other over head with chairs and shit. I'd say most mma fans are fans of combat sports in general. I know I watch boxing wrestling mma fock I'd watch 2 squirrels fighting over a nut. Boxing doesn't put mma news on their sites because theyre elitist focks. They also have inferiority complexes about their sport. That's why they say mma is not a sport. Who gives a fock? I'd like to see that focking manlet money mayweather fight Anthony Pettis in a real fight. After the niqqa gets stomped out he can say "well at least boxing is a sport" from his hospital bed.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Well, while we're all hating on MMA: Michael Chandler is the best 155er on the planet, and Eduardo Dantas should be one of the biggest PPV draws in the world. Kid is a superstar.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Sider don't forget pal mma sites also put wrestling news on their websites. Focking guys in spandex hitting each other over head with chairs and shit. I'd say most mma fans are fans of combat sports in general. I know I watch boxing wrestling mma fock I'd watch 2 squirrels fighting over a nut. Boxing doesn't put mma news on their sites because theyre elitist focks. They also have inferiority complexes about their sport. That's why they say mma is not a sport. Who gives a fock? I'd like to see that focking manlet money mayweather fight Anthony Pettis in a real fight. After the niqqa gets stomped out he can say "well at least boxing is a sport" from his hospital bed.

By Brian J. D’Souza
    Ideally, the relationship between professional sports organizations like the UFC and media members should be about interdependence, where both parties rely equally upon each other. In practice, many MMA media members and outlets often exist as the clingy, powerless co-dependent partners that put the needs of the UFC before the need for factual and accurate sports journalism.
    Last week, a Twitter war-of-words erupted between Yahoo! Sports reporter Kevin Iole and UFC president Dana White over whether the UFC was hiding TRT-user Vitor Belfort in Brazil to avoid the scrutiny of an American athletic commission.

(Screencap via Reddit_MMA)
    It’s understandable why White feels threatened by media scrutiny; Iole certainly hasn’t pulled any punches regarding the lack of consequences for using performance enhancers in boxing and MMA. While the New York Yankees and Major League Baseball could survive for 211 games without Alex Rodriguez (or the other disgraced players) in the wake of the Biogenesis scandal, the already watered-down cards promoted by the UFC would lose even more star power if known TRT-users (Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, Frank Mir — and counting) were culled from the promotion.
    MMA fans on MixedMartialArts.com’s UG forum observed that Kevin Iole could be denied media credentials for his failure to toe the UFC’s company line. This is not an empty threat, as many different outlets and individuals including ESPN.com’s Josh Gross, SI.com’s Loretta Hunt, CagePotato.com and Deadspin.com are all barred from press row at UFC events.
    (click screen-caps to enlarge)

The public needs to grasp the reality that being an MMA reporter isn’t just about having a nice buffet and a comped ticket at a fight card. It’s about access to prominent fighters, coaches, managers and promoters to get the inside scoop and flesh out stories not reported elsewhere. When newly-crowned UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman visited ESPN headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut, Josh Gross was denied an opportunity to interview Weidman. Banned media members may also miss out on a PR mailing list where media outlets learn about breaking UFC news, conference calls that allow media to ask questions to the headliners of major pay-per-view shows, and other events that media can be invited to.
    The fear of losing those perks remains a potent sanction by the UFC in ensuring media compliance. I reference Exhibit A: an e-mail written by Bleacher Report staffer Jeremy Botter (leaked by Deadspin.com) that outlined several ways for MMA writers to avoid conflict with the UFC, including the following points:
    - Don’t delve too deep into Zuffa financials.This goes for fighter pay, revenue, money donated to political campaigns. This is Dana’s biggest pet peeve…
    This is a very good way to piss them off and find yourself blacklisted. Stay away from it…
    - Don’t be negative just to be negative or edgy. Dana doesn’t mind being asked tough questions, but consider the circumstance when you’re doing it. If you’re at a press conference or a conference call for a UFC event, keep your questions related to that event…
    …You’re always being watched. I don’t say this to scare you. I say it to let you know that you’re not an unknown commodity, and that people are paying attention. They read what you write. Mistakes you make now, when you think you’re under the radar, could end up burning you down the line…
    While there are plenty of apologists pointing to the pragmatic portions of Botter’s e-mail as common-sense journalistic guidelines — guidance needed by the part-time writers at The Bleacher Report — the e-mail is just further evidence of the power the UFC has when it comes to intimidating the media into compliance.
    To their credit, The Bleacher Report hasn’t completely white-washed its coverage by avoiding stories critical of the UFC or MMA, evidenced by features on traumatic brain injury, John Cholish breaking down the cost to be a UFC fighter or writing on why MMA isn’t the world’s fastest-growing sport. But who can really say how gun-shy MMA media members are when it comes to their reporting when they know the rug can be yanked out on them at anytime, for any reason?
    Dana White also has an established pattern of publically lashing out at MMA reporters for various infractions of an unwritten code. Some notable examples from recent memory:
    - Calling Loretta Hunt a “penetrating moron,” and a “penetrating dumb bitch” in 2009:
    - Calling Sherdog writer Jake Rossen a “penetrating douchebag” and “bullshit reporter” in 2009:
    - Telling CagePotato.com’s Ben Goldstein he’d “penetrate him up worse than he’d ever been ****** up before” in 2010.
    Even if Hunt, Rossen or Goldstein had behaved unprofessionally, there are much more effective ways for a promoter to command respect than by lobbing insults and threats. The tone of Dana White’s language suggests that the UFC feels entitled to favorable coverage, and often views the MMA media as an extension of its PR wing.
    It’s no wonder why the UFC would see the MMA media as more of a tool than as an independent platform for news — many MMA websites and publications rely on the UFC for advertising dollars, as I wrote about for CagePotato in a February article (Shill ‘Em All: Why Ethical MMA Journalism Is So Hard to Come By). It is reported that the UFC purportedly invested $44 million under the guidance of the Fertittas to achieve the success it has today, and thus the current Zuffa ownership may see the MMA media as parasitic beneficiaries of their investment. Lost in the mix has been the distressing development of the blurred lines between advertising and editorial in ways that most readers are generally unaware of.
    It was announced in January 2011 that the UFC had partnered with Heavy.com to produce a web show called Fight Day Live. I received a tip that the UFC funds the VICE magazine MMA-offshoot Fightland. Indeed, partnering with major brands is an integral part of VICE’s business plan.
    When contacted for comment about VICE magazine’s relationship with the UFC, Fightland editor-in-chief Josh Rosenblatt was resolute in stonewalling any questions, saying “I don’t really want to be the subject of a story…Fightland and VICE have no comment.”
    A PR representative from the UFC also refused to comment for this article on the UFC partnering with Heavy.com. While I don’t fault the UFC for allegedly forging a partnership with VICE or investing in Heavy.com to promote the UFC brand, I believe the editorial independence of said publications needs to be continually questioned.
    Hard-hitting investigative journalism is not every individual or outlet’s forte. But if the MMA media backpedals away from key issues like performance enhancing drugs, UFC financials or contractual clauses that amount to slavery, then the sport is much more open to corruption. It isn’t the responsibility of the media to lobby for the Muhammad Ali Act to be applied to MMA, but it is the job of journalists to explain how little transparency exists for fighters attempting to determine their value because they have no information about the profits reaped by UFC parent company Zuffa. The same goes for the cases of Ben Askren, Jon Fitch, or Matt Lindland being devalued by Bellator or the UFC for their boring grinding style of fighting: The media doesn’t have to defend said wrestlers as entertaining commodities, but there should be articles written about the need for legitimate rankings that determine title contenders instead of allowing promotions to assign title shots based on whatever is expedient at the moment.
    SI.com’s Jeff Wagenheim once wrote an article on Josh Gross and Loretta Hunt being subsequently barred from Strikeforce events when the UFC assumed ownership in 2011. The piece included a quote from Roy Peter Clark, an instructor of sports journalism at the Poynter Institute that suggested a response to Zuffa’s tactics, “It would be a good thing if news organizations applied some counterpressure.”
    But where is this “counterpressure?” exactly? The last set of UFC rankings by Wagenheim have Chael Sonnen at the number two position at light-heavyweight, ahead of Phil Davis, Glover Teixera and any other contenders with more than one win in a row. This dovetails with Dana White’s criticism at UFC Fight Night 26 that the media had ranked Sonnen too low. MMAFighting.com’s Chuck Mindenhall wrote an article that thoughtfully points out the utter meaninglessness of UFC rankings, but doesn’t dare suggest that the MMA media should avoid being co-opted into the con.
    As long as reporters — some independent, others bankrolled by the promoter — adhere strictly to scripted questions on safe topics, then sadly, the attrition on MMA journalism will continue with no end in sight.

Sato

...just like Jones is?
    Thx for proving that you dont know what you're talking about!

rocky16

I wouldn't pay one focking red cent to watch that bum john cholish fight. Lesbehonest about this shit not everyone is a winner. Most are focking losers. If you're a focking winner you get paid. If you are a focking alpha you get paid. If you're a fat fock or ugly or stupid or a focking loser oh well you don't get shit. Loretta hunt is a stupid focking bitch. Josh gross is a focking phaget. Kevin lole is a creepy focking Chomo. Ufc is a private company. They don't need to report their focking financials they can do whatever the fock they want. Who am I to question what they do. I beat my focking kids and work them like slaves. That shit is my business. I just watch the fights the rest is none of my business and I'll sleep fine tonight knowing cholish gets paid shit and Loretta hunt didn't get a press row credential.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Well, while we're all hating on MMA: Michael Chandler is the best 155er on the planet, and Eduardo Dantas should be one of the biggest PPV draws in the world. Kid is a superstar.
    Chandler is a beast no doubt. Too bad he's sticking with bellator. After alzarez who?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

I wouldn't pay one focking red cent to watch that bum john cholish fight. Lesbehonest about this shit not everyone is a winner. Most are focking losers. If you're a focking winner you get paid. If you are a focking alpha you get paid. If you're a fat fock or ugly or stupid or a focking loser oh well you don't get shit. Loretta hunt is a stupid focking bitch. Josh gross is a focking phaget. Kevin lole is a creepy focking Chomo. Ufc is a private company. They don't need to report their focking financials they can do whatever the fock they want. Who am I to question what they do. I beat my focking kids and work them like slaves. That shit is my business. I just watch the fights the rest is none of my business and I'll sleep fine tonight knowing cholish gets paid shit and Loretta hunt didn't get a press row credential.
    But you agree MMA is extremely homo erotic right?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

rocky16

But you agree MMA is extremely homo erotic right?
    That is a given.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    That's not fair, Tyson was a literal monster.

Anyway, nobody should take what Broner says seriously. I think he's a literal retard.
    You would never tell your boxing friends that you watch mma right?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Chandler is a beast no doubt. Too bad he's sticking with bellator. After alzarez who?
    Alvarez again. Then some Bellator tournament bums as he tries to regain the title that Alvarez vacated to go to the UFC.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ryan Thomas

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

What he is saying is true. But that is pretty simple minded. I'm sure 20 years into boxing (perhaps bare knuckle) there were tough dudes who came off a bar stool to beat "champions". I doubt you would see Jon Jones type fast rises in MMA if it were over 100 years old. Not to mention the pay sucks so you are going to have less kids interested in becoming an MMA fighter, getting choke ****** for 5,000 bucks.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Ryan Thomas
    You mean Ryan couture?
    Son of randy?

Beelzebubzy

Mma is a shit sport. There sites are covering boxing so they can make money to pay for a shit server.

Floyd mayweather prints money and Ariel wants to catch it. Junkie better not sell out too

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

All of this said, I bet Matt Riddle could steal Mayweather's girlfriend. Mayweather would have nothing for his average wrasslin.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Mma is a shit sport. There sites are covering boxing so they can make money to pay for a shit server.

Floyd mayweather prints money and Ariel wants to catch it. Junkie better not sell out too
    shit sites, shit servers. Mma fighting and mma junkie give me AIDS. Who designed their webpages? A blind kid at graphics design school in 2004? mmafighting video player sucks. I bet mmafighting is hosted on hostgator or godaddy.

They should pay me. I will whip something up for 50k.

I set up a few sites in my time. Back in 2009 I was running nginx as a reverse proxy to tomcat servers. Shit was all cached out and loaded in a flash.
    Last edited by sideloaded; 09-11-13 at 05:13 PM.

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    All of this said, I bet Matt Riddle could steal Mayweather's girlfriend. Mayweather would have nothing for his average wrasslin.
    Matt riddle is a wrassler he would rather dry hump Floyd

123 Last