Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Some of you might remember when my dumbass went all in on Pettis to beat Guida. Well now it's time for Pettis to pay my black ass back.

Cheers boys!

Edit: I'm not really black
    Last edited by Wrecked; 08-29-13 at 11:16 AM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Why not parlay with Tavares so you get him nearer +200.

oh wait

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Why not parlay with Tavares so you get him nearer +200.

oh wait
    No parlays baby big bucks no whammys!!!

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Drop 200 on Bendo by decision, it should still be near +200.

Seriously, take my advice.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post

Suck my balls

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ahahahaha

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Bendo doesn't shoot for TD's from the fifth row like Guida does, he's a clinch wrestler Pettis has very good hips and i doubt Bendo will be able to score td's at will. If anything this is likely to play out like Hendriks v Condit but 5 instead of 3.

And Pettis edge standing is greater (by quite a margin) then what Bendo has over Pettis on the ground, if Bendo try to play this fight like he has his last few he's likely to get KO'd.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Bendo doesn't shoot for TD's from the fifth row like Guida does, he's a clinch wrestler Pettis has very good hips and i doubt Bendo will be able to score td's at will. If anything this is likely to play out like Hendriks v Condit but 5 instead of 3.

And Pettis edge standing is greater (by quite a margin) then what Bendo has over Pettis on the ground, if Bendo try to play this fight like he has his last few he's likely to get KO'd.
    I wasn't telling him that Bendo is the right side, I was telling him to hedge.

I don't think Bendo has an edge over Pettis on the ground, I think he has a big advantage in wrestling, though (as big as any edge Pettis has standing), and if it hits the ground with Bendo on top, he won't have too many issues controlling Pettis. It's easy to say "Pettis is a better striker than Henderson", but it's really just an over-generalization. He had advantages in the first fight that he won't have here, and he has advantages here that he didn't have in the first fight.
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave MD 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

plekz

I don't see Bendo controlling Pettis on the ground, Pettis hips and sweep game is way to good for that. He didn't use any urgency really against Guida (who was wrestling defensively the entire time) and it cost him, he wont lay there in guard against Bendo he'll work to sweep or get his hips out and work back to the feet constantly.

I also don't think Bendo is gonna have an easy time getting any TD's on Pettis who has become alot more elusive in his movement since he started using a similar latteral approach that Machida has.

Melendez shrugged Bendo's attempts off like it was nothing.

MD

I don't see Bendo controlling Pettis on the ground, Pettis hips and sweep game is way to good for that. He didn't use any urgency really against Guida (who was wrestling defensively the entire time) and it cost him, he wont lay there in guard against Bendo he'll work to sweep or get his hips out and work back to the feet constantly.

I also don't think Bendo is gonna have an easy time getting any TD's on Pettis who has become alot more elusive in his movement since he started using a similar latteral approach that Machida has.

Melendez shrugged Bendo's attempts off like it was nothing.
    For someone who says that their insight is more valuable because they roll, you sure haven't been paying attention to MMA recently. There is no fighter in the world who can't be held down and controlled. None. Not Roger Gracie, not Jacare, not Maia, not Pettis. There's a good chance that Pettis can sweep and return to his feet if Bendo gets him down, but I have my questions as to how consistently he can do that.

Melendez is a far better wrestler than Pettis, and how many takedown attempts do you think Bendo had in that fight?

plekz

I know Melendez is a better wrestler, but Pettis has better movement and is alot faster then Melendez. And like i said Bendo doesn't shoot for td's really he isn't that type of wrestler he goes for clinch takedowns for the most part.

And what i mean is Bendo wont be able to control Pettis on the ground for any extended period of time, and i think Bendo will have a hard time getting it there.

The only thing keeping me from going even bigger on Pettis is his knee. But it's his back leg so he should be fine.

MD

I know Melendez is a better wrestler, but Pettis has better movement and is alot faster then Melendez. And like i said Bendo doesn't shoot for td's really he isn't that type of wrestler he goes for clinch takedowns for the most part.

And what i mean is Bendo wont be able to control Pettis on the ground for any extended period of time
    , and i think Bendo will have a hard time getting it there.

The only thing keeping me from going even bigger on Pettis is his knee. But it's his back leg so he should be fine.
    If you think that Bendo can't control Pettis for extended periods of time, you're mis-capping this fight. As I said, there is no one in MMA who can't be held down and controlled.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

How many leg kicks will bendo land?

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Suck my balls
    You asked the wrong guy here

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    How many leg kicks will bendo land?
    Probably a lot. It is his best weapon against Pettis on the feet.

Beelzebubzy

I agree. I think this is going to be alot of bendo air jabbing and leg kicking. Then the bull rush body lock takedown.
    On bendo decision 25 at +250? Maybe more money or worse line can't recall

plekz

If you think that Bendo can't control Pettis for extended periods of time, you're mis-capping this fight. As I said, there is no one in MMA who can't be held down and controlled.
    He couldn't in the first fight, and Benson really hasn't improved his wrestling alot since then, he still uses the same setups and the same type of wrestling as then, and god knows he tried to in the first fight. Pettis beat Bendo up on the feet WORSE then any other fighter has ever done previously or SINCE.

Benson went 3/10 in TD's Pettis went 2/2

Really feel ya'll are clownin yourself basing everything on the Guida fight, even though Pettis has handled great wrestlers before that and handled Benson just fine in the first fight.
    Last edited by plekz; 08-29-13 at 06:07 PM.

MD

He couldn't in the first fight, and Benson really hasn't improved his wrestling alot since then, he still uses the same setups and the same type of wrestling as then, and god knows he tried to in the first fight. Pettis beat Bendo up on the feet WORSE then any other fighter has ever done previously or SINCE.

Benson went 3/10 in TD's Pettis went 2/2

Really we'll ya'll are clownin yourself basing everything on the Guida fight, even though Pettis has handled great wrestlers before that and handled Benson just fine in the first fight.
    No, he didn't, that doesn't mean he couldn't. If you try and fail, it doesn't mean you're not capable of doing something. Pettis looked great against Bendo and won four rounds to one on my card, but it's also true that Bendo looked as bad as we've ever seen him outside of the first Cerrone fight. I think you're overestimating Pettis' edge on the feet, also.

I like how you say that I'm "clownin myself" by basing everything on the Guida fight when I haven't brought Guida up once, yet you are basing most of your argument on the fact that Pettis beat Bendo the first time. This is the same reason I made so much money on the Velasquez/Dos Santos rematch. 'Capped him at -250, got him at almost +200. This is because gamblers are often lazy in how they think.

plekz

Yeah, keep patting yourself in the back for having money on Cain in the second fight, as if that is some sort of stroke of brilliance, half of the sharps in Obl's thread (if not more) we're on Cain he wasn't even a very hard pick considering he's the more complete mma-fighter and i'll be on him again in the third fight for the same reason.

I'm basing my assessment of Pettis on the fact that Bendo hasn't shown any more diversity in his approach to wrestling since that fight, he still uses the same kind of clinch wrestling, and his standup is overrated outside of his legkicks (who he'd be dumb to try and use against Pettis unless he wants to eat counters all day erreday)

Also stop sounding like Yoda, it's kind of funnystyle how you on one hand say Pettis looked great, but then flipside it to 'but lolz on the other hand' more likely is that Bendo looked bad because Pettis made him look bad.

Ever heard of styles make fights? Pettis is not a good style matchup for Benson.

So yeah for future reference SAVE me the Yoda esque ramblings thank you kindly.

MD

Yeah, keep patting yourself in the back for having money on Cain in the second fight, as if that is some sort of stroke of brilliance, half of the sharps in Obl's thread (if not more) we're on Cain he wasn't even a very hard pick considering he's the more complete mma-fighter and i'll be on him again in the third fight for the same reason.

I'm basing my assessment of Pettis on the fact that Bendo hasn't shown any more diversity in his approach to wrestling since that fight, he still uses the same kind of clinch wrestling, and his standup is overrated outside of his legkicks (who he'd be dumb to try and use against Pettis unless he wants to eat counters all day erreday)

Also stop sounding like Yoda, it's kind of funnystyle how you on one hand say Pettis looked great, but then flipside it to 'but lolz on the other hand' more likely is that Bendo looked bad because Pettis made him look bad.

Ever heard of styles make fights? Pettis is not a good style matchup for Benson.

So yeah for future reference SAVE me the Yoda esque ramblings thank you kindly.
    I was actually pointing out the laziness of thinking that because fighter A won the original fight, that figther A should will win the rematch. It's called an "example". Also, the vast majority of the betting public was on JDS in that fight, so for you to sit here after the fact and say that Cain "wasn't a very hard pick" is completely silly. Not that I believe that you bet him, after all, since you pretty much lost all credibility after telling everyone how good Ellenberger was, then saying that you bet Rory by decision. It's no surprise that the same kind of guy who lies about his bets is the same kind of guy who can't have someone disagree with his assessment of a fight without taking it personally and being a douchebag about it. Didn't work out too well for you after the Sonnen/Shogun fight, though. Which, of course, you "didn't have any money on" or whatever your silly excuse was after telling everyone how unproven Chael was at lightheavyweight, how badly Shogun was going to beat him, and how Chael mentally wasn't there for the fight.

plekz

Unless you can 'prove' these 'lies' you are really starting to look desperate here brosif, and there's atleast 4-5 people in Obl's thread that can verify i was on Rory and that i even adviced against loading up on Ellenberger even more, and this was more then 24 hours PRIOR to the event. So unless you do your due dilligence yourself it's sort of full retard just going off of guesswork.

And no i didn't play either side in Sho vs Sonnen nor did i in Overeem v Browne, i did however go big on Lauzon which buried me.

Then again we're talking to the dude who considered a proven headcase and a guy with ZERO heart & cardio as 'locks' to boot one of them being a phucking TUF contestant.

-------

You wanna keep discussing Pettis v Bendo lmk otherwise we are done here.

MD

Unless you can 'prove' these 'lies' you are really starting to look desperate here brosif, and there's atleast 4-5 people in Obl's thread that can verify i was on Rory and that i even adviced against loading up on Ellenberger even more, and this was more then 24 hours PRIOR to the event. So unless you do your due dilligence yourself it's sort of full retard just going off of guesswork.

And no i didn't play either side in Sho vs Sonnen nor did i in Overeem v Browne, i did however go big on Lauzon which buried me.

Then again we're talking to the dude who considered a proven headcase and a guy with ZERO heart & cardio as 'locks' to boot one of them being a phucking TUF contestant.

-------

You wanna keep discussing Pettis v Bendo lmk otherwise we are done here.
    Uh, I saw you, over and over again, pasting the quotes from Sonnen at the conference call to make him look mentally weak. You told Thor that he just didn't understand MMA properly because he wanted to bet Sonnen, and that you do understand it, because you roll. You were defending Shogun the entire time, and then after the fight, you claimed not to have bet on him.

I never said that either of them were locks. What I did say, though, is that Hall was an awful bet, and I didn't come in after the fight and say that I had no money on it.

plekz

Uh, I saw you, over and over again, pasting the quotes from Sonnen at the conference call to make him look mentally weak. You told Thor that he just didn't understand MMA properly because he wanted to bet Sonnen, and that you do understand it, because you roll. You were defending Shogun the entire time, and then after the fight, you claimed not to have bet on him.

I never said that either of them were locks. What I did say, though, is that Hall was an awful bet, and I didn't come in after the fight and say that I had no money on it.
    Yeah, i was gonna bet Sho hard, then remembered something that happened a few weeks earlier (Vinnygate) that sunk 4 parlays that only needed Vinny and a couple of props and what not, after that i woved never to go hard on fighters i wasn't sure of again, Shogun's knees as the x-factor is what kept me from betting that fight.

The fact that it was more FADING Overeem and not betting in the ability of Browne is what had me not play that one.

For saturday i also have three-four parlays alive that needs Pettis , Mendes and that finishes next week with Glover & Benavidez-

And that all took off last night with Kelvin SUB , RDA DEC , Condit KO/TKO (also had Thatch,Andrews)

MD

Yeah, i was gonna bet Sho hard, then remembered something that happened a few weeks earlier (Vinnygate) that sunk 4 parlays that only needed Vinny and a couple of props and what not, after that i woved never to go hard on fighters i wasn't sure of again, Shogun's knees as the x-factor is what kept me from betting that fight.

The fact that it was more FADING Overeem and not betting in the ability of Browne is what had me not play that one.

For saturday i also have three-four parlays alive that needs Pettis , Mendes and that finishes next week with Glover & Benavidez-

And that all took off last night with Kelvin SUB , RDA DEC , Condit KO/TKO (also had Thatch,Andrews)
    I'm not going to believe you on not betting Shogun, it doesn't add up, but I doubt you care; it's a gambling forum, after all.

Good cash on Kelvin sub. Benavidez will cash pretty easily, I think, and Mendes should too, although he's being overvalued.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know anything about this fight, but I really liked the first fight.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

I think the first fight between bendo and pettis isn't as much of an indicator of future performance as some would say(see kampmann-condit). I think Bendo is the guy that has been on top of his sh$$ since then to a higher level. Pettis has been great since then but I think he has been perfecting his striking more than anything since then. He was wrestlefuqed by guida, barely outwrestled Jeremy stephens in a match that he was determined to outwrestle his opponent because he was previously outwrestled by guida, and then he won two striking exchanges(brilliantly). Since then Bendo has outwrestled Bocek, Miller, GUIDA, and nate diaz. He also arguably beat Edgar and Melendez. I find it hard to believe that IF HE GETS AHOLD OF PETTIS he cant to to him what Guida did and what Bendo did to Guida, Jim miller and Nate diaz. It might be an issue if he can get ahold of him but frankly I just don't see him having trouble doing it.....that's my issue and that's why I think you should not drop 700 pettis. His main weakness is bendos main strength.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

[QUOTE=MD;19489940]For someone who says that their insight is more valuable because they roll, you sure haven't been paying attention to MMA recently.

Bro, I played CYO league when I was 11. Hit me up via PM for NBA winners.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MD

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

On Pettis. Contemplating throwing 4 hard earned units on him.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    On Pettis. Contemplating throwing 4 hard earned units on him.
    Fighting in home town, hard not to back him and Koch

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

LOL I love how protocol is now posting Ur plays after a card is over. Winnerz only!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    LOL I love how protocol is now posting Ur plays after a card is over. Winnerz only!
    ha who's done that?

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Hendo and Pettis haven't fought since their WEC fight. I'm obviously talking about UFC 164.
    Lick on my dick tip

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Hendo and Pettis haven't fought since their WEC fight. I'm obviously talking about UFC 164.
    Lick on my dick tip
    LOL, dude I wasn't referring to you.

I'll pass on the fellatio offer. Thanks.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

LOL, dude I wasn't referring to you.

I'll pass on the fellatio offer. Thanks.
    Who're you referring to?

12 Last