Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Benson Henderson vs Anthony Pettis Who Gonna WIn and Why???

Man this looks like its gonna be an awesome fight!

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm not invested in this one heavily, but I would take Bendo with the current odds.

I think Bendo has improved more than Pettis in since their last fight, and with Pettis' recent history of injuries...

but again, not really big on it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Can i get an amen?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Bendo. He steals rounds more than gun thieves

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ben Henderson likes Jesus

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Ben Henderson has huge quads.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Anthony Pettis. He can stand with him easily and is more explosive and has more variety.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Can't bet against those quads..

Tho if Pettis gets to +, then we will see

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Bendo, easy.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Didnt guida hump pettis pretty hard?

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Pettis beat him before and will win again. I'm sure most of u guys just started watching mma but if u watch the first fight u might learn something

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    Pettis beat him before and will win again. I'm sure most of u guys just started watching mma but if u watch the first fight u might learn something
    Oh lord.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Where is the video of Pettis running on the cage kick, one of the best kick I seen ever.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Hopefully the rest of the betting public shares this sentiment. Better line on Bendo for me.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Don't waste the bandwidth. Just read the play by play commentary.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Agree that Benson has improved more since their first fight. He's also fought elite competition, Pettis hasn't. Plus, Pettis' body is more banged up with recent injuries. I don't think Pettis will win the ground scrambles like he did in the 1st fight. Lots of leg kicks and jabs for Bendo. Bendo by decision.

Pettis' last 3 opponents: Cerrone, Lauzon, Stephens

Bendo's last 3 opponents: Melendez, Diaz, Edgar (twice)

Bendo has a chip on his shoulder if you need the motivational angle.

If you need the Players Talk angle, Benson has hog advantage and is athletic and explosive.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

What's MMA? I only watch UFC, brah!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Excellent price for Bendo here.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Excellent price for Bendo here.
    he better not get too close to the cage again or ninja boy gonna run sideways across and the cage and kick him in the face lol....

that shit was cray

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    he better not get too close to the cage again or ninja boy gonna run sideways across and the cage and kick him in the face lol....

that shit was cray
    great highlight indeed. But that's all it was. Years ago. Bendo will take him down with ease.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

that shit was cray
    Yep was awesome, what I like most about showtime is he's better at standing than Benson. Also Benson plays with his hair way too much during the fight. Really like Pettis here. Also coming off an impressive win against cowboy.

Demonata

That doesn't just mean he will win again. He will win again because he's the superior fighter and Benson is always grinding out decisions and playing with his hair. Pettis way too explosive and has too much of a variety for Benson to handle.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Agree that Benson has improved more since their first fight. He's also fought elite competition, Pettis hasn't. Plus, Pettis' body is more banged up with recent injuries. I don't think Pettis will win the ground scrambles like he did in the 1st fight. Lots of leg kicks and jabs for Bendo. Bendo by decision.

If you need the Players Talk angle, Benson has hog advantage and is athletic and explosive.
    has nice frizzy hair and God on his side as well

oh and a really cute Korean mom. funniest shiit ever when they showed her warming up for tht BJJ tournament during the countdown.... 100 pts for whoever can get a gif of that btw!!

Demonata

Pettis has not fought elite competition?
    Also I love the fact that you are giving Pettis no chance even though he beat him last time.

You think Pettis is not motivated? Do you know how bad he wants the belt and how many times he's mentioned it?

So Pettis is not explosive or athletic?

Or was your entire post a joke?

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Bendo because I've seen no real indication that Pettis' wrestling has improved since Guida. And plenty that Henderson's has.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Oh, and I bet on Pettis the first time around. Dopest gambling experience ever.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Pettis has not fought elite competition?
    Also I love the fact that you are giving Pettis no chance even though he beat him last time.

You think Pettis is not motivated? Do you know how bad he wants the belt and how many times he's mentioned it?

So Pettis is not explosive or athletic?

Or was your entire post a joke?
    Last part was a joke obv, the rest was serious. The only person Pettis has fought that I consider elite is Bendo. Was on Pettis for that fight and was there in person to watch it. Big Pettis fan, but he's not winning here. Rewatch the Pettis/Guida fight and tell me how he's going to keep Bendo off of him. Bendo adapts well and is not going to let Pettis strike from distance again. He was caught with a flying knee in that fight and the infamous "Showtime Kick." I expect Bendo to smother him and use his jab and leg kick to set up take downs and clinches.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

half hines ward, half monkey

Demonata

Last part was a joke obv, the rest was serious. The only person Pettis has fought that I consider elite is Bendo. Was on Pettis for that fight and was there in person to watch it. Big Pettis fan, but he's not winning here. Rewatch the Pettis/Guida fight and tell me how he's going to keep Bendo off of him. Bendo adapts well and is not going to let Pettis strike from distance again. He was caught with a flying knee in that fight and the infamous "Showtime Kick." I expect Bendo to smother him and use his jab and leg kick to set up take downs and clinches.
    Well Cowboy Cerrone has beaten a lot of good fighters and can be considered elite. Pettis wants to stand and trade with Benson. It's an advantage to him because he is a hands down better stand up fighter. Keep Bendo off him? Because hes going to be striking the crap out of him standing while Bendo is playing with his hair. Pettis is so great on his feet with all the standing fighting skills he knows. Not a question of how is he going to keep Bendo off him since he can beat Bendo as he has shown. Bendo will have a chance on the ground but Pettis is good at Jiu Jitzu. Standing no way in hell can he keep up with Pettis. I expect Pettis to hurt him early and perhaps even finish him. He wants the belt badly and his training has been excellent with his camp for this fight.

MD

Well Cowboy Cerrone has beaten a lot of good fighters and can be considered elite. Pettis wants to stand and trade with Benson. It's an advantage to him because he is a hands down better stand up fighter. Keep Bendo off him? Because hes going to be striking the crap out of him standing while Bendo is playing with his hair. Pettis is so great on his feet with all the standing fighting skills he knows. Not a question of how is he going to keep Bendo off him since he can beat Bendo as he has shown. Bendo will have a chance on the ground but Pettis is good at Jiu Jitzu. Standing no way in hell can he keep up with Pettis. I expect Pettis to hurt him early and perhaps even finish him. He wants the belt badly and his training has been excellent with his camp for this fight.
    Oh lawd.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Cerrone is not a top ten lightweight, let alone elite. He's far too inconsistent. While an exciting fighter, he's not the best of the best in the lightweight division. As far as striking, yes I give an advantage to Pettis, which is why this fight isn't going to stay standing. You make it sound like Pettis gets to choose if the fight stays a kickboxing match. Bendo is taking him down and working his GNP. We've seen steady improvement from Bendo, while Pettis is pretty much the same fighter as he was in the WEC. He's a flashy striker with decent takedown defense and decent jits. He hasn't come close to fighting the same level of competition as Henderson has. Benson has become a master at winning 5 round decisions and fighting with an effective style. This will be Pettis' 3rd fight in a year and a half, he's had multiple injuries, and Pettis has only gone 5 rounds once. At basically a pick 'em, Bendo is the bet. Hopefully it's an exciting fight.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

MD

Cerrone is not a top ten lightweight, let alone elite. He's far too inconsistent. While an exciting fighter, he's not the best of the best in the lightweight division. As far as striking, yes I give an advantage to Pettis, which is why this fight isn't going to stay standing. You make it sound like Pettis gets to choose if the fight stays a kickboxing match. Bendo is taking him down and working his GNP. We've seen steady improvement from Bendo, while Pettis is pretty much the same fighter as he was in the WEC. He's a flashy striker with decent takedown defense and decent jits. He hasn't come close to fighting the same level of competition as Henderson has. Benson has become a master at winning 5 round decisions and fighting with an effective style. This will be Pettis' 3rd fight in a year and a half, he's had multiple injuries, and Pettis has only gone 5 rounds once. At basically a pick 'em, Bendo is the bet. Hopefully it's an exciting fight.
    While I say this having just locked up Bendo decision +215, I think some of your rationale is a bit off here. Pettis is more than just a flashy striker, he's extremely intelligent in how he strikes and is ridiculously effective. He also has more than decent jits; he should give Bendo a lot of trouble if it hits the mat.

I think the angle that Bendo is improving is also a bit exaggerated; he pretty much hasn't wrestled at all in three of his last four fights, and he's coasted pretty heavily in some of those, too. He spent the entire fifth round of the Melendez fight just backing away and trying not to engage. For every hole in his game he's filled, he's added another. He looked spectacular in the Diaz fight, and not just because Diaz isn't very good, but because he gameplanned it brilliantly. If he were willing to fight intelligently more often, he'd be a pretty easy pick here.

1234 Last