Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Oh lawd.
    Coming from a guy that thinks Hall can beat UFC quality opponents and thought Over rated Overeem was a good bet.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Also Benson plays with his hair way too much during the fight.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Cerrone is not a top ten lightweight, let alone elite. He's far too inconsistent. While an exciting fighter, he's not the best of the best in the lightweight division. As far as striking, yes I give an advantage to Pettis, which is why this fight isn't going to stay standing. You make it sound like Pettis gets to choose if the fight stays a kickboxing match. Bendo is taking him down and working his GNP. We've seen steady improvement from Bendo, while Pettis is pretty much the same fighter as he was in the WEC. He's a flashy striker with decent takedown defense and decent jits. He hasn't come close to fighting the same level of competition as Henderson has. Benson has become a master at winning 5 round decisions and fighting with an effective style. This will be Pettis' 3rd fight in a year and a half, he's had multiple injuries, and Pettis has only gone 5 rounds once. At basically a pick 'em, Bendo is the bet. Hopefully it's an exciting fight.
    You are one of the rare few that thinks Cerrone is not a top 10 lightweight. Most UFC fans and analysts see him as a top 10 and rightfully so. He's inconsistent because he has 2 losses in his last 11 fights?His last 2 losses were to Nate Diaz and Pettis which are pretty good fighters IMO. He fights quality UFC opponents. Well you make it sound like Pettis win was a fluke last time they fought. Also what does going 5 rounds matter when you usually finish fights and win? Since he wins his fights too fast and hasn't had to go to 5 rounds its a disadvantage? Jon Jones usually wins fast as well s is he a disadvantage against fighters that try to drag fights out and not finish opponents? That was the biggest joke statement ever.

brokenbrain
    brokenbrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Wait for the weigh-ins. Look for signs of Benson having a bad cut.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Coming from a guy that thinks Hall can beat UFC quality opponents and thought Over rated Overeem was a good bet.
    Yup. Have you ever read your own posts? They're an exercise in horrendous gambling logic, and even more horrendous fight breakdowns.

"Pettis can keep Bendo off of him because he beat Bendo before, even though Bendo took him down multiple times in that fight."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

Demonata

Yup. Have you ever read your own posts? They're an exercise in horrendous gambling logic, and even more horrendous fight breakdowns.

"Pettis can keep Bendo off of him because he beat Bendo before, even though Bendo took him down multiple times in that fight."
    Your logic of taking unproven guys such as Uriah Hall and Overrated Overeem is excellent gambling logic. take unproven fighters with a lot of juice. Great Idea. Fight breakdowns of the truth bug haters. Haters gonna hate. You obviously don't respect me and I don't respect you so of course neither of us will agree with the other.

Obviously you don't read yours or mine and taking so many opponents and making threads on new guys like Hall and Overeem new to UFC. From what I've seen you have no clue who to bet since you keep making no logic. Taking fighters that have not proved anything in the UFC and acting like they are such great bets.

Also trying to quote me even though that's not even close to all my reasoning for taking Pettis.
    Last edited by Demonata; 08-20-13 at 01:36 AM.

MD

Obviously you don't read yours or mine and taking so many opponents and making threads on new guys like Hall and Overeem new to UFC. From what I've seen you have no clue who to bet since you keep making no logic. Taking fighters that have not proved anything in the UFC and acting like they are such great bets.

Also trying to quote me even though that's not even close to all my reasoning for taking Pettis.
    Tell me more.

Demonata

Tell me more.
    Keep making threads of new guys in the UFC and saying they are great picks is not very logical. Especially in UFC.

MD

Keep making threads of new guys in the UFC and saying they are great picks is not very logical. Especially in UFC.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbrain View Post
    Wait for the weigh-ins. Look for signs of Benson having a bad cut.
    whats he up to

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

You are one of the rare few that thinks Cerrone is not a top 10 lightweight. Most UFC fans and analysts see him as a top 10 and rightfully so. He's inconsistent because he has 2 losses in his last 11 fights?His last 2 losses were to Nate Diaz and Pettis which are pretty good fighters IMO. He fights quality UFC opponents. Well you make it sound like Pettis win was a fluke last time they fought. Also what does going 5 rounds matter when you usually finish fights and win? Since he wins his fights too fast and hasn't had to go to 5 rounds its a disadvantage? Jon Jones usually wins fast as well s is he a disadvantage against fighters that try to drag fights out and not finish opponents? That was the biggest joke statement ever.
    UFC has him ranked #6, they have Nate Diaz ranked #7 when Diaz made Cerrone look stupid for 3 rounds. Search around, most other sites have Cerrone near #10 or worse. He's definitely not top 10 when you add in the other lightweights from the other orgs. Alvarez, Chandler, etc. Cerrone is inconsistent because you never know which Cerrone will show up. He stood around like a punching bag when the blue print to beat Nate Diaz is to take him down. He almost got KO'd by Melvin Guillard, got KO'd by a body shot against Pettis. The guy is all over the place and fighting isn't his only focus.

Pettis' win last time wasn't a fluke. The fight was extremely close. My statement was that Pettis looked awful against Clay Guida who was a journeyman gatekeeper at 155 and was forced out of the division. Bendo doesn't have any bad losses since he started fighting in the WEC. Pettis had the opportunity to get a title shot and he choked and was dominated. Since then, he's won a split decision against Stephens, KO'd Lauzon and Cerrone. A wrestler that can keep pressure on Pettis will give him problems. If Bendo fights like he did against Diaz, Pettis will have his hands full.

As far as going 5 rounds, are you serious? The difference between a 3 round fight and a 5 rounder is huge as far as cardio is concerned. That was my point, Pettis has fought in one 5 round fight, while Benson's last 4 fights have been 5 rounders. The fact that Pettis hasn't fought as much and has been shelved with injuries is a disadvantage. Benson has never been finished since he started fighting in the UFC. The fight will go 5 rounds.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

The first fight is odd in retrospect. Bendo was not able to outwrestle pettis successfully enough to win the fight. Its been a while since i watched the fight so i cannot remember if he focused on wrestling. What is intriguing is that guida was able to outwrestle pettis for three rounds. In my opinion bendo is the better wrestler and bjj practitioner. Bendo was able to outgrapple guida. That leaves me with three possible conclusions. The first fight was a fluke. Second, it wasnt a fluke and pettis has bendos number. Three, bendo has improved since then. I tend to think its number three and bendo will outwrestle pettis.

That said, i would not be completely shocked to see pettis tko bendo. Bendo is of course very tough but pettis has surely improved since then as well. The shots he landed on lauzon and cerrone were impressive and fight ending single kicks.

At even money bendo is the obvious choice. I think decision is probably a likely method for his victory but i would not rule out a submission win. Perhaps a choke of some kind, he seems to go for those a lot.

mmaed

Oh and i also think cerrone would do better in a rematch with nate. I dont know if he would win though.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

I thnk show time has improved more than bendo. Pettis didn't get wrestlefckd in first fight and I thnk he will not be held down in rematch

MD

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Oh and i also think cerrone would do better in a rematch with nate. I dont know if he would win though.
    I cashed Diaz as a sizeable dog against Cerrone, and in retrospect, it was a mediocre bet at best. The dominant nature of the fight makes it easy to assume that Diaz was the right side, but it was simply a case of if Cerrone lost, it would be by playing Diaz's game, and if he played Diaz's game, he'd lose badly. Literally the only way Cerrone could lose that fight is if he decided to stand and have a boxing match with Diaz. And he did. No idea how often he does that, though. Probably pretty often, which confuses the entire thing more. I'd 'cap Cerrone as a sizeable favourite in a rematch, especially given how the Noons fight went. Best he's looked in quite some time.

mmaed

I cashed Diaz as a sizeable dog against Cerrone, and in retrospect, it was a mediocre bet at best. The dominant nature of the fight makes it easy to assume that Diaz was the right side, but it was simply a case of if Cerrone lost, it would be by playing Diaz's game, and if he played Diaz's game, he'd lose badly. Literally the only way Cerrone could lose that fight is if he decided to stand and have a boxing match with Diaz. And he did. No idea how often he does that, though. Probably pretty often, which confuses the entire thing more. I'd 'cap Cerrone as a sizeable favourite in a rematch, especially given how the Noons fight went. Best he's looked in quite some time.
    Another thing to take into consideration is that was cerrones seventh fight in a little over a year. After the fight cerrone made a comment about that being too much and him being worn out. He looked a little flat footed in that fight if i remember correctly. I think cerrone could land takedowns on diaz. I dont think they would come extremely easily for him though. He would have to time them really well. I would have to wonder how well he would do in diazs guard though. Cerrone has a good guard himself so you would think he has the knowledge to navigate one but that doesnt necessarily mean he can survive nates. His is exceptionally good. I think if cerrone mixes it up standing and uses a lot of good footwork he can win the standup but i still have to give diaz the edge there based on how the first one went. That said, cerrone seems to be in a really good place mentally right now. Plus he really destroyed kj noons like you said and i pers ally think kj is a pretty decent fighter. His ground game may be nothing special but his striking is solid and his takedown defense is noteworthy as well.

Demonata

What's your next pick to fade?Can't wait to see your next thread of another guy just starting in UFC...
    UFC has him ranked #6, they have Nate Diaz ranked #7 when Diaz made Cerrone look stupid for 3 rounds. Search around, most other sites have Cerrone near #10 or worse. He's definitely not top 10 when you add in the other lightweights from the other orgs. Alvarez, Chandler, etc. Cerrone is inconsistent because you never know which Cerrone will show up. He stood around like a punching bag when the blue print to beat Nate Diaz is to take him down. He almost got KO'd by Melvin Guillard, got KO'd by a body shot against Pettis. The guy is all over the place and fighting isn't his only focus.

Pettis' win last time wasn't a fluke. The fight was extremely close. My statement was that Pettis looked awful against Clay Guida who was a journeyman gatekeeper at 155 and was forced out of the division. Bendo doesn't have any bad losses since he started fighting in the WEC. Pettis had the opportunity to get a title shot and he choked and was dominated. Since then, he's won a split decision against Stephens, KO'd Lauzon and Cerrone. A wrestler that can keep pressure on Pettis will give him problems. If Bendo fights like he did against Diaz, Pettis will have his hands full.

As far as going 5 rounds, are you serious? The difference between a 3 round fight and a 5 rounder is huge as far as cardio is concerned. That was my point, Pettis has fought in one 5 round fight, while Benson's last 4 fights have been 5 rounders. The fact that Pettis hasn't fought as much and has been shelved with injuries is a disadvantage. Benson has never been finished since he started fighting in the UFC. The fight will go 5 rounds.
    Neither of us can agree. You don't respect Pettis and I don't respect Benson so the fight will have to decide it.lol. You make good points by saying 5 rounds etc but then I can counter by saying he finishes fights or hasn't had to go 5 rounds. Should be a great fight though.

Demonata

The first fight is odd in retrospect. Bendo was not able to outwrestle pettis successfully enough to win the fight. Its been a while since i watched the fight so i cannot remember if he focused on wrestling. What is intriguing is that guida was able to outwrestle pettis for three rounds. In my opinion bendo is the better wrestler and bjj practitioner. Bendo was able to outgrapple guida. That leaves me with three possible conclusions. The first fight was a fluke. Second, it wasnt a fluke and pettis has bendos number. Three, bendo has improved since then. I tend to think its number three and bendo will outwrestle pettis.

That said, i would not be completely shocked to see pettis tko bendo. Bendo is of course very tough but pettis has surely improved since then as well. The shots he landed on lauzon and cerrone were impressive and fight ending single kicks.

At even money bendo is the obvious choice. I think decision is probably a likely method for his victory but i would not rule out a submission win. Perhaps a choke of some kind, he seems to go for those a lot.
    Some great points.
    Yes I totally agree, Cerrone is a great fighter and I feel if he wouldn't of fought so many fights he could of beaten him.
    Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    I thnk show time has improved more than bendo. Pettis didn't get wrestlefckd in first fight and I thnk he will not be held down in rematch
    Exactly, in what way has Pettis shown he should lose the fight? He won last time and I'm pretty sure that he will be confident heading into this one.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

What's your next pick to fade?Can't wait to see your next thread of another guy just starting in UFC...

Neither of us can agree. You don't respect Pettis and I don't respect Benson so the fight will have to decide it.lol. You make good points by saying 5 rounds etc but then I can counter by saying he finishes fights or hasn't had to go 5 rounds. Should be a great fight though.
    I guess you missed where I said I was on Pettis in the 1st matchup and that I'm a big fan of his. I respect Pettis plenty, but in this fight I cap Benson at better than a Pick 'Em, so the bet is Bendo for me at the current odds. As far as Pettis finishing Bendo...I don't see it happening.

Demonata

I guess you missed where I said I was on Pettis in the 1st matchup and that I'm a big fan of his. I respect Pettis plenty, but in this fight I cap Benson at better than a Pick 'Em, so the bet is Bendo for me at the current odds. As far as Pettis finishing Bendo...I don't see it happening.
    I capped Pettis as the favorite and he has shown me no reason he shouldn't beat Benson again. He just has to wait for Benson to mess with his hair like he does the whole fight and unleash.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Well Cowboy Cerrone has beaten a lot of good fighters and can be considered elite. Pettis wants to stand and trade with Benson. It's an advantage to him because he is a hands down better stand up fighter. Keep Bendo off him? Because hes going to be striking the crap out of him standing while Bendo is playing with his hair. Pettis is so great on his feet with all the standing fighting skills he knows. Not a question of how is he going to keep Bendo off him since he can beat Bendo as he has shown. Bendo will have a chance on the ground but Pettis is good at Jiu Jitzu. Standing no way in hell can he keep up with Pettis. I expect Pettis to hurt him early and perhaps even finish him. He wants the belt badly and his training has been excellent with his camp for this fight.
    How do you know?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

OVereem just starting in UFC?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    How do you know?
    Sparring partner obv.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Sparring partner obv.
    Duke Doufus?!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    great highlight indeed. But that's all it was. Years ago. Bendo will take him down with ease.
    i really cant wait for this fight. Both of these gueys are entertaining.

Benson reminds me of Troy Palamolu and he's got crazy moves

but Pettis seems fast as lightning and has a killer instinct.

what nationality is Pettis?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i really cant wait for this fight. Both of these gueys are entertaining.

Benson reminds me of Troy Palamolu and he's got crazy moves

but Pettis seems fast as lightning and has a killer instinct.

what nationality is Pettis?
    Papua New Guinean

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I'll root for Pettis but I'd bet Bendo at those odds. He can take Pettis down and has the cardio to keep it up. And Pettis is coming off a layoff and injury.

MD

Another thing to take into consideration is that was cerrones seventh fight in a little over a year. After the fight cerrone made a comment about that being too much and him being worn out. He looked a little flat footed in that fight if i remember correctly. I think cerrone could land takedowns on diaz. I dont think they would come extremely easily for him though. He would have to time them really well. I would have to wonder how well he would do in diazs guard though. Cerrone has a good guard himself so you would think he has the knowledge to navigate one but that doesnt necessarily mean he can survive nates. His is exceptionally good. I think if cerrone mixes it up standing and uses a lot of good footwork he can win the standup but i still have to give diaz the edge there based on how the first one went. That said, cerrone seems to be in a really good place mentally right now. Plus he really destroyed kj noons like you said and i pers ally think kj is a pretty decent fighter. His ground game may be nothing special but his striking is solid and his takedown defense is noteworthy as well.
    He could land takedowns on Diaz, and he could use speed and footwork. The problem is that he chose not to in the first fight. His gameplan consisted entirely of standing straight in front of a guy who can't cut off the cage to save his life and exchanging punches. He was knocking Diaz down every time he threw a leg kick, so what did he do? Stopped throwing leg kicks. He purposefully fought stupidly and straight into Diaz's game, and it was one of the worst decisions he's ever made in MMA. The reason I'd take him as a favourite in a rematch is that I don't believe that he'd do it again.

Except that neither of my thread plays on Saturday were of people just starting in the UFC, they each had at least one fight. And sure, I'm going to be huge on Brad Tavares, you can get his opponent at like +300. Go bet it bro, you'll do great.

brokenbrain
    brokenbrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    whats he up to
    I'm not sure what he walks around at, but he has mentioned many times before that cutting the weight is getting harder. If he looks overly gaunt at the weigh-ins, or if rumours start circulating that he's having trouble with the cut I'll play Pettis ftw.

mmaed

He could land takedowns on Diaz, and he could use speed and footwork. The problem is that he chose not to in the first fight. His gameplan consisted entirely of standing straight in front of a guy who can't cut off the cage to save his life and exchanging punches. He was knocking Diaz down every time he threw a leg kick, so what did he do? Stopped throwing leg kicks. He purposefully fought stupidly and straight into Diaz's game, and it was one of the worst decisions he's ever made in MMA. The reason I'd take him as a favourite in a rematch is that I don't believe that he'd do it again.

Except that neither of my thread plays on Saturday were of people just starting in the UFC, they each had at least one fight. And sure, I'm going to be huge on Brad Tavares, you can get his opponent at like +300. Go bet it bro, you'll do great.
    I would be reluctant to take cerrone as a more than -175 favorite. It would probably make more sense to take him by decision since he is unlikely to sub dias and his gameplan for striking would probably revolve around lots of movement and avoiding trading with him.

Demonata

How do you know?
    That's what I heard, don't remember the surce but they prepared well for this upcoming fight.
    OVereem just starting in UFC?
    He's had 3 fights in UFC. Fought in Strikeforce before and UFC is a higher level in competition IMO.
    Sparring partner obv.
    Funny guy.

[/QUOTE]Except that neither of my thread plays on Saturday were of people just starting in the UFC, they each had at least one fight. And sure, I'm going to be huge on Brad Tavares, you can get his opponent at like +300. Go bet it bro, you'll do great. [/QUOTE]
    Wow one fight and you don't think that's starting out in UFC? Overeem beating shit Brock Lesnar. Also Hall showed no reason to be favored against anybody have his garbage showing in UFC debute against Gastelum. I actually will stay away from that fight against Bubba. Better fights on the card IMO to bet on.
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenbrain View Post
    I'm not sure what he walks around at, but he has mentioned many times before that cutting the weight is getting harder. If he looks overly gaunt at the weigh-ins, or if rumours start circulating that he's having trouble with the cut I'll play Pettis ftw.

MD

Mispriced line: Bendo unanimous decision +410. Bet it earlier, down to +390 now. Still value. Should be +250 at most IMO.

mmaed

You feel bubba has a good shot against tacares? Why so? Tavares has good takedown defense and solid striking. From what i remember of bubba his striking didnt look very good. Am i wrong?

Demonata

Mispriced line: Bendo unanimous decision +410. Bet it earlier, down to +390 now. Still value. Should be +250 at most IMO.
    I agree considering I definitely don't see him Submitting or Knocking Out Pettis. This fight does have a good chance to go the distance.
    You feel bubba has a good shot against tacares? Why so? Tavares has good takedown defense and solid striking. From what i remember of bubba his striking didnt look very good. Am i wrong?
    I can't stand Bubba. I remember how much of a pussy he was on the ultimate fighter complaining about minor aches and pains. I wanted to reach in my tv show many times and strangle him.

First 1234 Last