Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Perhaps its not that good of comparison, but remembering the Lesnar fight Overeem did pace himself well and just picked the shots that meant something. I think it's amazing that a guy who has had 50 fights blows his wad like that.
    Yeah I don't think it's a good comparison, Sheikie. Reem was on a very healthy diet of horse meat back then and Lesnar is not known for his resiliency (ridiculously gassed Carwin aside).

Lesnar was also more vulnerable to body work than Browne or similar HWs due to the diverticulitis and Overeem horse-kicked him right in the diverticulum.

I thought that Overeem gassing in the slow paced, awkward fight with Werdum was truly due to his stress fracture in the foot & rib injury or whatever but his gassing became a recurring theme. He's a lion in R1 and a lamb thereafter.

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

The people who bet on Browne were betting on Reem having no cardio, a glass jaw, and training at a garbage gym that wasn't addressing those flaws. Nothing in the fight proved them wrong.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Yeah I don't think it's a good comparison, Sheikie. Reem was on a very healthy diet of horse meat back then and Lesnar is not known for his resiliency (ridiculously gassed Carwin aside).

Lesnar was also more vulnerable to body work than Browne or similar HWs due to the diverticulitis and Overeem horse-kicked him right in the diverticulum.

I thought that Overeem gassing in the slow paced, awkward fight with Werdum was truly due to his stress fracture in the foot & rib injury or whatever but his gassing became a recurring theme. He's a lion in R1 and a lamb thereafter.
    Your horse meat rantings are absolute rubbish, by the way. As is the diverticulum nonsense. Where did you get these wacky, wacky ideas? Sherdog?

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I think it's very, very disingenuous for you to say that if the fight had been stopped, you would be saying the exact same thing. I find that difficult to believe. Maybe you personally would have still believed that Browne was the right side, but I doubt you would have posted about it.

I don't discount the illegal knee to the head. The fight should have been stopped before that ever happened, though.

I'm not saying Overeem shouldn't have followed up, I'm saying that he should have been smarter about it. Much smarter. He could have kneed Browne to the body again on the ground, he could have elbowed him, he could have attempted to punch around or under his guard. Instead, he rained down full-force punches right onto Browne's arms and gassed himself out. The issue is how he followed it up.

Browne backers like to point out that Overeem gasses hard, or that he has a bum chin as reasons for why Browne was the right side. Browne had no answer for Overeem's clinch, he could not control the range of the fight, and his only offence was a barrage of front kicks and roundhouse kicks, with which he landed one clean and finished 'Reem. Overeem pushed him into the fence immediately when he wanted to, and if your game plan is to maintain kicking range, that is a very bad sign. Overeem had a lot of things working against him in that fight, but Browne did, also, and I would gladly make that bet again.
    No, it shouldn't have at that point in time. I suggest you rewatch the fight in an unbiased manner, particularly based on the comment that Overeem didn't appear to be gassed.

Have you considered that Yamasaki was willing to give Browne every chance to recover based on his blunder of not penalizing Overeem for a blatant knee? He was probably trying to be "fair" based on his acknowledged screw-up, so it's disingenuous for Overeem backers to whine about the lack of stoppage while not admitting that the fight should've looked a lot different based on the sequelae of that illegal knee. Lots of questionable reffing that fight, including the quick "KO" stoppage (even though Alistair's head does not go limp on the canvas when he's dropped and those hammerfists land, clearly a TKO). That fight became a clusterpenetrate based on how Yamasaki saw fit.

We can cogently argue on whether Browne was the right play at 33-40% implied and conversely the same on 'Reem at 60-67% implied odds. It appears that you're stinging from the loss (rightfully so, I'd be perturbed too) and haven't rewatched it in an unbiased manner if you're not convinced that Overeem gassed. I don't think it's even debatable.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by hobbesITD View Post
    The people who bet on Browne were betting on Reem having no cardio, a glass jaw, and training at a garbage gym that wasn't addressing those flaws. Nothing in the fight proved them wrong.
    This.

In addition to Browne straight I had small prop plays on Browne R3 (+1600) and Browne Dec (+824). Browne backers expected him to survive Alistair's best in the early going and start to outpoint/pour it on later in the fight when Overeem was hypoxic. The only thing that surprised me (and perhaps other Browne backers) was that Overeem gassed sooner than I expected.

Contrast Overeem with a guy like JDS who gets (IMO unfair) criticism for his questionable cardio. Say what you will about JDS "slowing down" in fights, he still had PLENTLY left in the tank after throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Carwin in R1, Hunt, Nelson, etc. to cruise to decisions or a late stoppage of Hunto. In contrast, Overeem becomes a HW Jason Reinhardt (V's fav).

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

No, it shouldn't have at that point in time. I suggest you rewatch the fight in an unbiased manner, particularly based on the comment that Overeem didn't appear to be gassed.
    Very possible. I don't have the clearest recollection of it. Not bias, though, just wasn't analysing it as it happened.

Have you considered that Yamasaki was willing to give Browne every chance to recover based on his blunder of not penalizing Overeem for a blatant knee? He was probably trying to be "fair" based on his acknowledged screw-up, so it's disingenuous for Overeem backers to whine about the lack of stoppage while not admitting that the fight should've looked a lot different based on the sequelae of that illegal knee. Lots of questionable reffing that fight, including the quick "KO" stoppage (even though Alistair's head does not go limp on the canvas when he's dropped and those hammerfists land, clearly a TKO). That fight became a clusterpenetrate based on how Yamasaki saw fit.

We can cogently argue on whether Browne was the right play at 33-40% implied and conversely the same on 'Reem at 60-67% implied odds. It appears that you're stinging from the loss (rightfully so, I'd be perturbed too) and haven't rewatched it in an unbiased manner if you're not convinced that Overeem gassed. I don't think it's even debatable.
    I think that's a silly comment. If it were true, it would still be bad reffing, and if it were true, it would imply that Yamasaki saw the knee then did not stop the action, and then allowed Browne to take what he perceived to be excessive punishment while he wasn't defending himself.

I'm not stinging from the loss at all, I haven't given it much thought since I woke up except while replying here. I had 35+ bets on that card, I don't really care about the results as long as I am on the right side. Here, I think I was. Hall fight? That's the one I think about. It's not that I'm not convinced that Overeem gassed, by the way. Nor am I debating that he didn't. I simply said that I saw nothing to suggest that he gassed during the fight, and that I hadn't watched it since it aired. I was watching as a fan during that fight, of course, and it's very easy to miss things like that. I was more focused on the fact that Yamasaki let the fight keep going. I'm not claiming in any capacity that he did not gas.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Very possible. I don't have the clearest recollection of it. Not bias, though, just wasn't analysing it as it happened.

I think that's a silly comment. If it were true, it would still be bad reffing, and if it were true, it would imply that Yamasaki saw the knee then did not stop the action, and then allowed Browne to take what he perceived to be excessive punishment while he wasn't defending himself.
    I don't think it's silly at all. If you were in Yamasaki's shoes and missed a bang-bang call and realized it just a moment later, wouldn't you want to give Travis every chance to stay in the fight so that the illegal knee wouldn't be the controversial talking point?

Picture this: Right after the illegal knee, Overeem's barrage leads to a TKO win. You don't think that Yamasaki would get ridiculous heat from Rogan post-fight like when he interviewed him after the Erick Silva-Carlo Prater fight? You don't think the media would jump down his throat? He was likely partial to letting the fight go longer so that the knee was moot and no one (except us losers on SBR) are talking about Mario's poor reffing .

I'm not stinging from the loss at all, I haven't given it much thought since I woke up except while replying here. I had 35+ bets on that card, I don't really care about the results as long as I am on the right side. Here, I think I was. Hall fight? That's the one I think about. It's not that I'm not convinced that Overeem gassed, by the way. Nor am I debating that he didn't. I simply said that I saw nothing to suggest that he gassed during the fight, and that I hadn't watched it since it aired. I was watching as a fan during that fight, of course, and it's very easy to miss things like that. I was more focused on the fact that Yamasaki let the fight keep going. I'm not claiming in any capacity that he did not gas.
    I'm being mindpenetrated. I interpreted you saying that you saw nothing to suggest Overeem gassed to mean that 'there was no evidence that he gassed in your view'. You actually meant 'he may have gassed, you just didn't see it'? Apologies on the confusion.

Might need a pair of these then dawg
    Last edited by Wanna Bet On It?; 08-19-13 at 05:27 PM.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Why would anybody bet Overrated Overeem? LMFAO

He's not a smart fighter at all.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

This.

In addition to Browne straight I had small prop plays on Browne R3 (+1600) and Browne Dec (+824). Browne backers expected him to survive Alistair's best in the early going and start to outpoint/pour it on later in the fight when Overeem was hypoxic. The only thing that surprised me (and perhaps other Browne backers) was that Overeem gassed sooner than I expected.

Contrast Overeem with a guy like JDS who gets (IMO unfair) criticism for his questionable cardio. Say what you will about JDS "slowing down" in fights, he still had PLENTLY left in the tank after throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Carwin in R1, Hunt, Nelson, etc. to cruise to decisions or a late stoppage of Hunto. In contrast, Overeem becomes a HW Jason Reinhardt (V's fav).
    Yo, you better not be using Reinhardt as a negative comparison brah? Dont make me start beefin again

As Matt Brown proclaimed.... "Mike Pyle is friggin better than GSP, and Jason Reinhardt is the future BW and FW Champ."

MD

I don't think it's silly at all. If you were in Yamasaki's shoes and missed a bang-bang call and realized it just a moment later, wouldn't you want to give Travis every chance to stay in the fight so that the illegal knee wouldn't be the controversial talking point?

Picture this: Right after the illegal knee, Overeem's barrage leads to a TKO win. You don't think that Yamasaki would get ridiculous heat from Rogan post-fight like when he interviewed him after the Erick Silva-Carlo Prater fight? You don't think the media would jump down his throat? He was likely partial to letting the fight go longer so that the knee was moot and no one (except us losers on SBR) are talking about Mario's poor reffing .
    It's silly because it would be poor reffing either way. To think that Yamasaki would let a guy that he thinks is done continue to absorb punishment is one thing, and it's a pretty out-there statement, but it would still have been a bad call. Who cares what his reasons were for? You also assume that Mario was able to, in the middle of a fight, see an illegal knee which he did not stop the action for, and then immediately start considering how the effects of the illegal knee could bring him heat and then, moments later, when 'Reem is pounding on Travis, he thought "I should let this go as long as possible to take the heat off myself". You're reaching a bit here bro.

I'm being mindpenetrated. I interpreted you saying that you saw nothing to suggest Overeem gassed to mean that 'there was no evidence that he gassed in your view'. You actually meant 'he may have gassed, you just didn't see it'? Apologies on the confusion.

That is what I was saying, yes. I did stress that I need to rewatch it.

Demonata

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

It's silly because it would be poor reffing either way. To think that Yamasaki would let a guy that he thinks is done continue to absorb punishment is one thing, and it's a pretty out-there statement, but it would still have been a bad call. Who cares what his reasons were for? You also assume that Mario was able to, in the middle of a fight, see an illegal knee which he did not stop the action for, and then immediately start considering how the effects of the illegal knee could bring him heat and then, moments later, when 'Reem is pounding on Travis, he thought "I should let this go as long as possible to take the heat off myself". You're reaching a bit here bro.
    I never said it was good reffing. In fact, I pretty clearly stated that the whole fight was one big clusterpenetrate of poor reffing.

But to your point, Mario 100% could conceivably have thought "oh shoot, should've stopped the fight after that knee" about 2 seconds after the fact, which was too late into the barrage, and tried to give Travis every possible chance to not be TKOed. If he eventually gets KOed, Mario has no discretion. But if it's a grey zone stoppage where Travis is covering up and moving when warned, then he may lean on the side of letting it go.

Have you never heard of "make up calls"? NBA Officials are notorious for making poor calls on one end and then making another poor call on the other end to "even" it out.

This isn't outlandish at all. It's outlandish to not consider a ref being human, recognizing a mistake too late to do anything related to that foul but be lenient to the person who was fouled so they can remain in the fight as loosely as the rules can be interpreted by the official.

MD

I never said it was good reffing. In fact, I pretty clearly stated that the whole fight was one big clusterpenetrate of poor reffing.

But to your point, Mario 100% could conceivably have thought "oh shoot, should've stopped the fight after that knee" about 2 seconds after the fact, which was too late into the barrage, and tried to give Travis every possible chance to not be TKOed. If he eventually gets KOed, Mario has no discretion. But if it's a grey zone stoppage where Travis is covering up and moving when warned, then he may lean on the side of letting it go.

Have you never heard of "make up calls"? NBA Officials are notorious for making poor calls on one end and then making another poor call on the other end to "even" it out.

This isn't outlandish at all. It's outlandish to not consider a ref being human, recognizing a mistake too late to do anything related to that foul but be lenient to the person who was fouled so they can remain in the fight as loosely as the rules can be interpreted by the official.
    He also could conceivably have thought "I don't like this Travis guy" and just let 'Reem pound on him for shits and giggles. Doesn't make it likely. I don't even think that what you're suggesting is plausible.

This isn't outlandish at all.
    Yeah, don't think we're going to see eye to eye here. I think it's very outlandish bro.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

He also could conceivably have thought "I don't like this Travis guy" and just let 'Reem pound on him for shits and giggles. Doesn't make it likely. I don't even think that what you're suggesting is plausible.

Yeah, don't think we're going to see eye to eye here. I think it's very outlandish bro.
    If you're an impartial ref and you make a mistake which affects one person, are you saying that you have no empathy to try to make it up to the wronged person within the rules? You're just going to say "oops" and completely disregard it in how you ref the remainder of the fight, especially when the rules are grey regarding the timing of enforcing a TKO?!

Maybe it's my jewish guilt at play, but I feel pretty strongly that I would've tried to give a "make up call" to keep Travis in the fight and I feel that a lot of officials in professional sports operate the same way. They're human. They make mistakes. If it's too late to correct the mistake, they interpret the rules in as lenient a way as they can to benefit that person back into a "fair" sporting event. It isn't fair in the purest sense, but it's less unfair than missing a call, not penalizing someone and pretending like it never happened.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yes, after an illegal strike when the opponent on the receiving end of said illegal strike goes down, the referee makes it even by giving the person an opportunity to get the shit beaten out of him.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Yes, after an illegal strike when the opponent on the receiving end of said illegal strike goes down, the referee makes it even by giving the person an opportunity to get the shit beaten out of him.
    Uhh, how many fighters have you heard say "I wish the ref would've called the fight sooner"? Zero ever.

Now how many fighters have you heard say "I wish the ref would've let me fight a bit longer and give me the benefit of the doubt"?

That's exactly what Mario did - whether because of his earlier blunder or simply because he's notorious for stopping TKOs late.

Stopping the fight when Overeem was pounding on him while he was covered up with his face to the mat would be no favour to Travis. Letting him continue is. It's that simple.

hobbesITD

I'm pretty sure it had a lot more to do with Browne repeatedly saying he was fine and moving every time Mario asked him to then whatever this crazy theory is.

MD

If you're an impartial ref and you make a mistake which affects one person, are you saying that you have no empathy to try to make it up to the wronged person within the rules? You're just going to say "oops" and completely disregard it in how you ref the remainder of the fight, especially when the rules are grey regarding the timing of enforcing a TKO?!

Maybe it's my jewish guilt at play, but I feel pretty strongly that I would've tried to give a "make up call" to keep Travis in the fight and I feel that a lot of officials in professional sports operate the same way. They're human. They make mistakes. If it's too late to correct the mistake, they interpret the rules in as lenient a way as they can to benefit that person back into a "fair" sporting event. It isn't fair in the purest sense, but it's less unfair than missing a call, not penalizing someone and pretending like it never happened.
    No, I'm saying that letting someone get their head pounded in is not "making it up to the wronged person".

Two things: Do you have any factual basis whatsoever for this (very outlandish, bro ) theory? It is predicated on Yamasaki knowing that Overeem threw an illegal knee. How do you know that he knew this?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by MD
    I don't discount the illegal knee to the head. The fight should have been stopped before that ever happened, though.
    You told me to rewatch the fight, and I did, and the semi-illegal knee (which appeared to hit Browne's arms), happened after the fight could have been stopped, and the fight returned to the feet almost immediately afterwards, and was fought on the feet for the remainder of the fight, excluding Overeem's failed takedown where they both fell on the floor for a moment. I suggest you rewatch the fight in an unbiased manor.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

What he's saying is not outlandish. Happens all the time in football and baseball, and is a very normal human response to making a mistake in a situation where one's supposed to stay impartial. Certainly we can't know either way barring a Yamasaki tell-all. But that doesn't make it foolish.

This is kinda crazy though -

No, I'm saying that letting someone get their head pounded in is not "making it up to the wronged person".

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Wrong. Letting the fight go on is definitely helping out Travis Browne. This isn't a street fight where the reward of punching someone is punching someone. The reward here is a win or loss on your record, win bonus, rankings, sponsorships, etc.

Who do you think wanted the fight stopped at that moment: Overeem or Browne? Herp Derp

Two things: Do you have any factual basis whatsoever for this (very outlandish, bro ) theory? It is predicated on Yamasaki knowing that Overeem threw an illegal knee. How do you know that he knew this?
    Factual basis? Yes, Yamasaki told me on skype that he blundered the illegal knee and bit his tongue until Browne recovered.

Of course not. Why ask such a silly rhetorical question in a serious manner? This whole discussion is based on the hypocrisy of anyone not criticizing Yamasaki for a potential fight-changing illegal knee (affecting Browne) while criticizing Yamasaki for not stopping the fight. Anyone that falls under this category is demonstrating a childish sense of entitlement: expecting good officiating when it's convenient for you with no repercussions when it works against you.

One such solution to the events, which happens far more often than many of you believe - considering my theory is being marginalized & called "crazy" - is the make-up call. Any veteran fan of sports with heavy officiating subjectivity like the NBA knows about make up calls.

Another would be that he just let the fight go on, which is Mario's reputation. Whether he acknowledge the illegal knee or not is up for debate, but I would imagine that the vast majority of people saw that illegal knee given how blatant it was but the reaction time of the ref needed to be lightening quick because of the volume of strikes landed in that sequence and afterwards.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Wanna Bet On It? 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Demonata

Browne was never out of the fight. Was good to let them keep fighting because a lot were glancing blows.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

You told me to rewatch the fight, and I did, and the semi-illegal knee (which appeared to hit Browne's arms), happened after the fight could have been stopped, and the fight returned to the feet almost immediately afterwards, and was fought on the feet for the remainder of the fight, excluding Overeem's failed takedown where they both fell on the floor for a moment. I suggest you rewatch the fight in an unbiased manor.
    Did Overeem gas?
    Last edited by Wanna Bet On It?; 08-19-13 at 09:34 PM.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    What he's saying is not outlandish. Happens all the time in football and baseball, and is a very normal human response to making a mistake in a situation where one's supposed to stay impartial. Certainly we can't know either way barring a Yamasaki tell-all. But that doesn't make it foolish.
    Thank you.

I used the NBA as an example because you see it happen all the time when a play is missed on one end of the floor and then a phantom foul is called on the other end to balance out one mistake with another. It's really easy for NBA officials to do make up calls due to the subjectivity of contact in the paint/posting up/hand checking/etc. It definitely happens in other sports like baseball too (balls & strikes when an ump makes a sketchy call, the player protests (tactfully) and then the ump is more lenient with the strike zone to benefit the respective hitter/pitcher). It's just human nature to try to level the playing field when an error is made and it's too late to correct it.

I deleted it off my laptop (friggin 128 GB solid states) but I believe you. I guess Browne was on the ground getting pounded from the side before that sequence.

My point is really only relevant then to whether Yamasaki would've called a stoppage to the barrage of strikes after the illegal knee where Browne was against the cage. If he identified the blunder during the fight but once it was too late, I would expect Mario to be more lenient to Travis.

MD

Wrong. Letting the fight go on is definitely helping out Travis Browne. This isn't a street fight where the reward of punching someone is punching someone. The reward here is a win or loss on your record, win bonus, rankings, sponsorships, etc.

Who do you think wanted the fight stopped at that moment: Overeem or Browne? Herp Derp

Factual basis? Yes, Yamasaki told me on skype that he blundered the illegal knee and bit his tongue until Browne recovered.

Of course not. Why ask such a silly rhetorical question in a serious manner? This whole discussion is based on the hypocrisy of anyone not criticizing Yamasaki for a potential fight-changing illegal knee (affecting Browne) while criticizing Yamasaki for not stopping the fight. Anyone that falls under this category is demonstrating a childish sense of entitlement: expecting good officiating when it's convenient for you with no repercussions when it works against you.

One such solution to the events, which happens far more often than many of you believe - considering my theory is being marginalized & called "crazy" - is the make-up call. Any veteran fan of sports with heavy officiating subjectivity like the NBA knows about make up calls.

Another would be that he just let the fight go on, which is Mario's reputation. Whether he acknowledge the illegal knee or not is up for debate, but I would imagine that the vast majority of people saw that illegal knee given how blatant it was but the reaction time of the ref needed to be lightening quick because of the volume of strikes landed in that sequence and afterwards.
    First of all, doing something in favour of someone is not necessarily equivalent to giving them what they want. Not stopping a fight which you would normally stop is allowing a fighter who is not intelligently defending himself to get repeatedly struck by his close to 260lbs opponent.

Secondly, whether the knee is illegal or not is up for debate. He may have let the action continue simply because he saw that the knee hit the arms and not the head. Secondly, I don't want good officiating when it suits me, I was good officiating period. If Yamasaki had stopped that fight when I believe he should have, there wouldn't have been an illegal knee for us to talk about in the first place.

Your argument is pretty ridiculous, because it's predicated on so many wild stretches of the imagination. For your argument to hold any validity, we have to assume that the knee was illegal. We then have to assume that Yamasaki saw the illegal knee. We then have to assume that even though he saw the illegal knee, he did not halt the action, despite having plenty of time to do so. We then have to assume that because he didn't halt the action, he felt guilty and decided to make it up to Travis. We then have to assume that he had the time to consider the backlash he could have received. We then have to assume that he decided to make it up to Travis by allowing him to take unanswered punches that he would not normally have allowed Travis to receive without stopping the fight. We then have to assume that he knew about the illegal knee which he felt guilty for in advance, since the possible-stoppage scenario happened before the knee.

My counter argument: Yamasaki had his life's savings on Travis. Far more reputable theory.

Did Overeem gas?
    Definitely slowed down. Hard to tell how much, though. Didn't look nearly as bad as you made it out to be. He didn't look like he was done, but I'd be surprised if he had the energy to put another beating like that on Travis.

The most noticeable thing was how heavily he was breathing after the fight, but he did just get knocked out, so it's difficult to put much stock in that.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yo, you better not be using Reinhardt as a negative comparison brah? Dont make me start beefin again

As Matt Brown proclaimed.... "Mike Pyle is friggin better than GSP, and Jason Reinhardt is the future BW and FW Champ."

Pfffffft, Jason Reinhardt is absolute trash. He will NEVER be the BW or FW champ.

... I put him on the same tier as Urijah Faber.

MD

Faber did say that he's looking for a superfight...

Reinhardt vs Faber, winner gets a title shot?

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

It's 4 AM in Ireland and you're still going strong MD. You're a beast. I'm gassing out like the Reem...

I can't keep up this debate. I think we've both made our points. We won't agree on who was sharp/square to play nor on Yamasaki & the likelihood of his possible motives. I've conceded the sequence of strikes. You've conceded the gassing.

Let's be more productive and get back to Team MD 'ish.

MD

It's 4 AM in Ireland and you're still going strong MD. You're a beast. I'm gassing out like the Reem...

I can't keep up this debate. I think we've both made our points. We won't agree on who was sharp/square to play nor on Yamasaki & the likelihood of his possible motives. I've conceded the sequence of strikes. You've conceded the gassing.

As if I sleep, bro. I'm a degen! You should know better.

Yeah, pretty much. I respect your opinion, I just disagree personally that Browne was the right side. It's no different to us being on opposite sides of a fight; all a matter of perception.

I was mostly just enjoying having a conversation with you for once, you never post any more bro! I was going to DM you on Twitter last week but you rarely tweet so I figured you wouldn't be around.

Drop me a PM or a DM, we'll discuss the next card.
    Points Awarded:

Wanna Bet On It? gave MD 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Demonata

HAHAHA gassing out like Over rated Overeem.

hobbesITD

That knee was illegal as shit and Mario's a retard. Look at how close he's standing.

MD

That knee was illegal as shit and Mario's a retard. Look at how close he's standing.

Looks blatant at that speed and angle. Vicious knee, too, given how it ripped through Travis' guard.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

I've been exceptionally busy at work lately and that looks to be the new norm (it's a good thing). It's not easy being a jewish male nurse amirite?

It's hard to justify spending countless hours being a degen when, even on a really good day betting, it's hard to beat a day's work. I'm a slave to the kesef (that's money for my gentile brethren).

I prefer to just lazycap it these days and see how I fare. Fading the public has done me well over the years so why change now? Watching tape can definitely help but it can also force me to overanalyze things. Meh, I'll keep the bets rolling so long as I'm profitable and it doesn't interfere with my personal life too much.

Re: FOX Sports 1-2. I'm on vacay with family in the States. Dunno if I'll have much time to cap it. I'll try to pop in at some point but my priorities have been rearranged this year, for better or worse.

Do miss my niqqas though.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-24-16 at 02:52 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

I'm pretty sure it had a lot more to do with Browne repeatedly saying he was fine and moving every time Mario asked him to then whatever this crazy theory is.
    This.

I can't believe Mario just stood there and did nothing. One of the most blatant illegal strikes I've ever seen in MMA, and he missed it. Horrible reffing.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Not too mention they are probably the most powerful knee strikes in mma.

First 12345 Last