FreddDS
    FreddDS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

10 fights. 10 to 1 odds. Possible?

Crazy idea? Or brilliant? haha

I'm thinking of making a $100 parlay on 10 fights, that add up to 10 to 1 odds, starting with next week's FOX show, leading up to the Jones-Gustafsson fight. I know anything can happen in MMA, but I feel pretty good with these fights. It's a small risk ($100) for a big reward ($1000).

Looking for thoughts here? Anything screams out as a potential parlay ruiner? Bold are my picks.

• UFC on FOX 8 - Jessica Andrade v Liz Carmouche
    • UFC on FOX 8 - Jake Ellenberger v Rory MacDonald
    • UFC on FOX 8 - John Moraga v Demetrious Johnson
    • UFC 163 - Anthony Perosh v Vinny Magalhaes
    • UFC 163 - Chan Sung Jung v Jose Aldo
    • UFC on FS1 - Yuri Alcantara v Urijah Faber
    • UFC on FS1 - 2 - Martin Kampmann v Carlos Condit
    • UFC 164 - Clay Guida v Chad Mendes
    • UFC on FS1 - 3 - Jussier da Silva v Joseph Benavidez
    • UFC 165 - Alexander Gustafsson v Jon Jones

The reason I chose these fights, is because this is what is available at my current book. (SportsInteraction)
    Last edited by FreddDS; 07-21-13 at 02:00 PM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I never thought I'd see "I know anything can happen in MMA, but..." applied to a ten-fight parlay.

That said, don't expect it to cash.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

if the objective is to be a silly fock, then yes, brilliant idea.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Make two $50 parlays that will actually cash: Jones, Mendes, Vinny at about $50 tw 50. Then another similar one including jones again for your other $50

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    hahah

FreddDS

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I never thought I'd see "I know anything can happen in MMA, but..." applied to a ten-fight parlay.

That said, don't expect it to cash.
    Any fight that stands out to you to ruin the parlay? Just curious why you don't think it with cash.

Haha thanks. Like I said, small risk, big reward. I don't think it's out of this world silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Make two $50 parlays that will actually cash: Jones, Mendes, Vinny at about $50 tw 50. Then another similar one including jones again for your other $50
    That's not a bad idea either, however, payout is much smaller that way. Those are 2 to 1 odds, instead of the 10 to 1 I'm aiming for. But of course, greater chance of winning by taking your method. Thanks for the suggestion!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

guy seems sharp

MD

Quote Originally Posted by FreddDS View Post
    Any fight that stands out to you to ruin the parlay? Just curious why you don't think it with cash.
    I took math in highschool.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

If going just by the math then it has a small chance to cash.

Take out Condit and Rory, and that would substantially increase your chance in my opinion, from a capping perspective.

CANmouche is way too much juice as well.

FreddDS

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    guy seems sharp
    This isn't my long term strategy where I will crush the books and make thousands. It's just a fun bet. Nothing more. I'm sure you've done some in the past. I've been following you for quite awhile btw, big fan of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I took math in highschool.
    Gotcha haha

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    If going just by the math then it has a small chance to cash.

Take out Condit and Rory, and that would substantially increase your chance in my opinion, from a capping perspective.

CANmouche is way too much juice as well.
    This is the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks mirin, appreciate your input! Funny enough, Rory and Carlos are 2 of the last ones I put in this bet. Those are 2 of the closest fights I see too. Also agree on the heavy juice for Carmouche, but confident she pulls through. Thanks again!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I actually think it's got a great chance of hitting!

MD

Knowing you, I don't know if you're trolling or not. I sure hope so.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Yeah, after he stroked you pecker.....

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

i'd take out mighty mouse -625 and carmouche -900. turrible odds at sportsint.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post

FreddDS

i'd take out mighty mouse -625 and carmouche -900. turrible odds at sportsint.
    Take them out because you don't think they'll win? or because of the terrible odds? Well aware odds aren't great at SportsInteraction. I'm really just making this a fun bet for the chance it hits, since I really believe these 10 guys/girl win, and not really the odds I'm getting it at. If that was the case, I wouldn't be making this bet at SIA.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Take them out because you don't think they'll win? or because of the terrible odds? Well aware odds aren't great at SportsInteraction. I'm really just making this a fun bet for the chance it hits, since I really believe these 10 guys/girl win, and not really the odds I'm getting it at. If that was the case, I wouldn't be making this bet at SIA.
    If only there were a way to make your own parlay combining all the best odds at various bookmakers.

But, no, I've done the math, it's impossible. Cannot be done. Parlays, alas, are magic.

FreddDS

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    If only there were a way to make your own parlay combining all the best odds at various bookmakers.

But, no, I've done the math, it's impossible. Cannot be done. Parlays, alas, are magic.
    That would be pretty amazing, haha, too bad we can't.

MD

That would be pretty amazing, haha, too bad we can't.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Not that I think random long shot parlays are a good way of gambling. But for this sort of what the hell play, I think it has a pretty good chance of cashing. I don't expect it too, but for a 10 team parlay I feel it does. I went thru trying to pick out a couple of the most likely busters and I has a hard time. Kampmann and Ellenberger I suppose? Possibly the chick fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha I've got every single one of those play in different parlays myself apart from Carmouche so I can't really knock him for it (though mine are only 2 or 3 man parlays, not 10!)

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Not that I think random long shot parlays are a good way of gambling. But for this sort of what the hell play, I think it has a pretty good chance of cashing. I don't expect it too, but for a 10 team parlay I feel it does. I went thru trying to pick out a couple of the most likely busters and I has a hard time. Kampmann and Ellenberger I suppose? Possibly the chick fight.
    They all look good when you take the time to pick the best or safest fight but in the end one donkey always bust the parlay.
    I dont see why you have to make this a $100 parlay. I would go into round robin more with this ones. Make a few parlays but not 10 team. Just my opinion

Grabaka
    Update your status

ha I've got every single one of those play in different parlays myself apart from Carmouche so I can't really knock him for it (though mine are only 2 or 3 man parlays, not 10!)
    Just buggin

FreddDS

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    My thoughts EXACTLY when making this parlay. Thanks for your input!

That was my logic behind this parlay as well. I knew I would be betting these 10 fights come fight time in smaller parlays, like you, however, I figured, what the hell, may as well make a big parlay in advance anyways, and see if it hits. Worth the small risk.

They all look good when you take the time to pick the best or safest fight but in the end one donkey always bust the parlay.
    I dont see why you have to make this a $100 parlay. I would go into round robin more with this ones. Make a few parlays but not 10 team. Just my opinion
    I had round robin as an option, but the payout isn't nearly as good, especially when this is almost like a hail mary type bet. But your right, round robin could definitely still work.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

TS outed himself when he boastfully claimed he was gonna crush the books for thousands yet admitted to betting at Sports Interaction.

That's analogous to fighting like Anderson Silva with your hands down. Unless you're the GOAT, this won't end well for you... and still won't even when you're the GOAT.

Winnerz rolled up in a 10-man parlay combined with a site hosting terrible lines, limited props and thick juice = the next SBR guru I'm tailing fo sho

FreddDS

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    TS outed himself when he boastfully claimed he was gonna crush the books for thousands yet admitted to betting at Sports Interaction.

That's analogous to fighting like Anderson Silva with your hands down. Unless you're the GOAT, this won't end well for you... and still won't even when you're the GOAT.

Winnerz rolled up in a 10-man parlay combined with a site hosting terrible lines, limited props and thick juice = the next SBR guru I'm tailing fo sho
    Troll much? Not sure when I boastfully claimed I was gonna crush the books. I said the opposite. Maybe you didn't read properly? Never claimed to be the next SBR guru, and that's not what I'm aiming for. As I previously mentioned several times, this is a FUN bet. Thank you, come again.

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

take mighty mouse johnson fight over 4.5 rounds -225, instead of Johnson -450....

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Its a curse seriously.. I have had maybe.. 10 parlays busted with one mofugga when I first started out. And somehow its always the fight your most certain about.

This sport is rigged i tell you, they dont wanna pay out those big parlays, so they make the \*\*\*\*\*\* fighters lay down. WHY WOULD YOU EVER BET ON THIS SHIT

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Troll much? Not sure when I boastfully claimed I was gonna crush the books. I said the opposite. Maybe you didn't read properly? Never claimed to be the next SBR guru, and that's not what I'm aiming for. As I previously mentioned several times, this is a FUN bet. Thank you, come again.
    This isn't my long term strategy where I will crush the books and make thousands.

I don't troll. I just call out stupidity as I see it. It might help more if you take it more constructively in the future.

I've never seen a single player who's serious about making money in sportsbetting play at Sports Interaction (particularly as their primary book, as you're suggesting).

FreddDS

[/B]I don't troll. I just call out stupidity as I see it. It might help more if you take it more constructively in the future.

I've never seen a single player who's serious about making money in sportsbetting play at Sports Interaction (particularly as their primary book, as you're suggesting).
    I said this ISN'T my long term strategy. It's a simple one-time, fun bet, which we all have done once in our lives. I think your reading it wrong, and taking this far too serious, no offense.

I'm also not serious about making money at sportsbetting. I'm not here making thousands. Just little fun play money, here and there. I have a full time job, which I would never quit to do this professionally, especially at SIA, which I already the odds aren't the greatest. I'm in Canada also, limited in terms of book options.

Appreciate your input though.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crazy idea? Or brilliant? haha

I'm thinking of making a $100 parlay on 10 fights, that add up to 10 to 1 odds, starting with next week's FOX show, leading up to the Jones-Gustafsson fight. I know anything can happen in MMA, but I feel pretty good with these fights. It's a small risk ($100) for a big reward ($1000).

Looking for thoughts here? Anything screams out as a potential parlay ruiner? Bold are my picks.

• UFC on FOX 8 - Jessica Andrade v Liz Carmouche
    • UFC on FOX 8 - Jake Ellenberger v Rory MacDonald
    • UFC on FOX 8 - John Moraga v Demetrious Johnson
    • UFC 163 - Anthony Perosh v Vinny Magalhaes
    • UFC 163 - Chan Sung Jung v Jose Aldo
    • UFC on FS1 - Yuri Alcantara v Urijah Faber
    • UFC on FS1 - 2 - Martin Kampmann v Carlos Condit
    • UFC 164 - Clay Guida v Chad Mendes
    • UFC on FS1 - 3 - Jussier da Silva v Joseph Benavidez
    • UFC 165 - Alexander Gustafsson v Jon Jones

The reason I chose these fights, is because this is what is available at my current book. (SportsInteraction)
    LMAO FIRST FIGHT IS GARBAGE. Liz Carmouche is not a better fighter than Andrade. F0cking retards set that line.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

You think Carmouche is worth a bet at those ridiculous odds. FYI I capped Andrade at -130. She will probably win this fight.

How much footage have you watched of Andrade? You seem like a lazy f0ck throwing that garbage line into a parlay then declaring you see them all winning. REALLY? How much do you know about Andrade?
    Last edited by sideloaded; 07-21-13 at 06:01 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I've never seen a single player who's serious about making money in sportsbetting play at Sports Interaction
    This is a really dumb statement.

If you CAN have an account at SIA and you're not playing there, you're not very serious about making money.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    You think Carmouche is worth a bet at those ridiculous odds. FYI I capped Andrade at -130. She will probably win this fight.

How much footage have you watched of Andrade? You seem like a lazy f0ck throwing that garbage line into a parlay then declaring you see them all winning. REALLY? How much do you know about Andrade?
    No way!! -130?! Lezvo has taken down tougher chicks. Her line is over inflated here because of the impressive showing versus Ronda

i have a play at +450

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Andrade is very young and very, very good for a woman. Only a wrestling wall n stall game plan would she lose. A stand up fight or grappling exchange Andrade comes out on top. I almost want to cap her at -200 but cant do it because of the horrific judging in mma.

123 Last