bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Tyson accused of assaulting TV cameraman in Brazil

i guess this guy will never change

Mike Tyson accused of assaulting TV cameraman in Brazil

November 10, 2005
    SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) -- Mike Tyson was questioned by police early Thursday after a television cameraman accused the former heavyweight champion of assaulting him outside a nightclub.

Tyson could face charges of assault and destruction of property, police spokeswoman Kelly Pinheiro said. A court hearing has been scheduled for Friday, but Tyson can send a representative and is not required to appear.

Carlos Eduardo da Silva, a cameraman with the Brazilian television network SBT, told police Tyson pushed him and threw his camera to the ground outside the club, then removed a videotape and put it in his pocket.

Police said Tyson acknowledged damaging the camera but denied pushing Silva. He was later released.

The 39-year-old Tyson held a news conference Wednesday asking the Brazilian media not to approach him at night.

Tyson came to Sao Paulo following a trip to Argentina, where he was interviewed by soccer great Diego Maradona on his late-night show.

The former champion has been in trouble in and out of the ring for much of his adult life. Tyson has served time for rape, bitten Evander Holyfield's ear, tried to break another fighter's arm and threatened to eat the children of former champion Lennox Lewis.

Updated on Thursday, Nov 10, 2005 10:18 am EST

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

What will this guy do next?

One of the worst things I've ever heard in my life is when he gave an interview and said that Robin Givens took some of the best punches he's ever thrown. For all the wrong reasons, this guy just never ceases to amaze me...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

What an idiot. Yoiu are right dan, knowing this idiot he will come out of retirement.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    What an idiot. Yoiu are right dan, knowing this idiot he will come out of retirement.
    If he does, make sure to bet against him.

This guy is literally the scum of the earth. We shouldn't forget that this guy raped a woman and was convicted in a court of law. The popular media seems to overlook this fact quite a bit and in my book there is nothing more cowardly a man can do than a rape a woman.

I wish the media would stop giving this guy attention...he certainly provides interesting stuff but there are so many bigger stories in the sporting world than this.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear

This guy is literally the scum of the earth. We shouldn't forget that this guy raped a woman and was convicted in a court of law. The popular media seems to overlook this fact quite a bit and in my book there is nothing more cowardly a man can do than a rape a woman.

I wish the media would stop giving this guy attention...he certainly provides interesting stuff but there are so many bigger stories in the sporting world than this.

Agree with all of your points, BB. I have no interest in anything he does.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear

theres no other way to bet that potential fight double B IMO

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Not really surprised. Typical Tyson.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, he's got some real issues...I remember watching him on that two part Beyond the Glory...he's a scary dude...what's with all of the pigeons anyway?...

aje
    aje's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's a freakin train wreck.

natrass
    natrass's Avatar Become A Pro!

It amazes me that boxing is held in such esteem as a 'sport'. The whole purpose is to injure (as seriously as possible) your opponent. No other sport does this ... karate, judo, proper wrestling ... the value is placed in the art rather than the voilence.

For all I admire the Ali's, Foremans etc as people ... Im only suprised there hasnt been more boxers like Tyson.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

is he still fighting?...

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    is he still fighting?...

only with cameramen