marabdl86
    marabdl86's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Boxing Pick thread

I'm new here but i'm not new to boxing. I'm good at picking winners since I live and breath boxing. Good Karma brings good luck

first picks: Carl Froch -140 over Andre Dirrel bet HUGE
    Abraham over taylor -200 bet Medium
    Valuev over haye small

good luck

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Froch my largest play so far as well

also bet the over 11.5 rounds t

great number on Abraham, I went the other way with a small play on Taylor at +190, Abraham should win though

waiting for the Kessler/ward line to come out

marabdl86

Problem with Abraham he starts very slow. Problem with Taylor he fades in the latter rounds as you know. Taylor has been given gift decisions in the past and lost in the fights you would think he would bounce back in. In Germany, I give Taylor no chance in hell

Dirrel is a good athletic fighter. He just doesn't have the work ethic and most importantly mental toughness to compete Carl Froch. I see Froch knocking him out

I have viewed Kesslers last fight and he looked really flat. Ward looked really good against a hard hitting Miranda. Kessler may have been rusty but this fight is as even as they get. I'm leaning towards Ward right now. I still haven't made my mind up yet

naokothewarrior
    naokothewarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

good luck!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

October 24

Andrew Golota +333
    Tomasz Adamek -500

marabdl86

Yup I'm liking Golota also. All it takes is 1 punch to end Adamek's HW aspirations. We all know Golota's old but he can still punch. Adamek would need to box but I don't see him doing this for 12 rounds.

I'm liking Golota by KO, TKO

THE_LOCKSMITH

not to mention Adamek was a natural light heavyweight 6'1" 175 lbs before moving to cruiserweight. Golota comes in around 6'4" 240lbs, thats 3 inch 65lbs difference. I wonder how much weight Adamek will add for this fight.

marabdl86

You want to know why Adamek is moving up? I did some research on this, he stated there's no "money" in the cruiserweight division. That's the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard. What about Steven Cunningham everyone's dieing to see that fight again. I question Adamek's heart and chin. Golota is known to do some crazy shit in the ring and i don't know what kind of mental state he will be in but I hope he lets his hands go. If you bet on Golota bet by KO, he isn't going to win a boxing match with Adamek

marabdl86

Regarding the Valuev fight. David Haye's goign to try and box and eventually head hunt in spurts. I see him gassing and Valuev takes him apart. Valuev's jab is severly underrated and so is his chin and heart. I think Haye's going to be in for a huge shocker. If you want to play it safe I would also think about the over in this fight

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by marabdl86 View Post
    You want to know why Adamek is moving up? I did some research on this, he stated there's no "money" in the cruiserweight division. That's the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard. What about Steven Cunningham everyone's dieing to see that fight again. I question Adamek's heart and chin. Golota is known to do some crazy shit in the ring and i don't know what kind of mental state he will be in but I hope he lets his hands go. If you bet on Golota bet by KO, he isn't going to win a boxing match with Adamek
    He's right there is no money in the Cruiserweight division. I love to see a Cunningham rematch but there is little interest outside hardcore boxing fans (thus no money). From what i've read he'll make way more facing Golota in Poland (supposed to be the biggest fight there ever). Can't say i question either his heart or chin moving up to face a bigger stronger fighter

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Yep...I like Carl Froch in this fight as well.

I'm surprised the odds are so close.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

well im following you guys, froch it is.

marabdl86

You should make some $$$ brooks Gl buddy

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

I've been doing some research and Dirrell is actually a very tough fighter...

the man's durable, strong and it would unwise to underestimate him...

I might just make a small bet on Froch...I still see him winning.