hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    are people seriously this dumb? And who the hell is Wiseman?!

Yes, Anderson went in with intention of losing, but instead of letting weidman choke him out, he got taken down thn spent a whole round resisting the submission, thn thought, oh ill let weidman knock me out and potentially break my jaw and give me permanent head trauma!

Worrying
    Silva thought they were playing basektball and he was the ball... that's why he let Wiedman dribble his head on the mat

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The only difference between MMA and WWE is the WWE admits it's fixed
    Tim Donaughy says hi. And bye troll.

MonkeyMoney
    MonkeyMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 806

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    This stuff is staged like WWE.

Have to be out of your mind to wager on this.

lmao you dumb americano.. how can it be fixed when people put their consciousness on the line?

diehardfan
    diehardfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Saying Silva threw the fight is just stupid and I would imagine that is mostly coming from people who are butthurt about losing money on the fight.

I think Silva realized very quickly that he was in for a fight and he started playing head games and got caught. It's really that simple. And after the fight he sounded more butthurt than the people screaming that he threw the fight.

My money was on Weidman. There are better ways to make money than taking those kinda odds for the people who bet on Silva.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by diehardfan View Post
    Saying Silva threw the fight is just stupid and I would imagine that is mostly coming from people who are butthurt about losing money on the fight.

I think Silva realized very quickly that he was in for a fight and he started playing head games and got caught. It's really that simple. And after the fight he sounded more butthurt than the people screaming that he threw the fight.

My money was on Weidman. There are better ways to make money than taking those kinda odds for the people who bet on Silva.
    Didn't have anything on the fight and it's pretty obvious Silva threw it. It's either Silva goes out as the champ and the top 2 contenders fight for it or what happened yesterday. Dana obviously felt having someone beat him is the smarter move business wise. Really that simple.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The only difference between MMA and WWE is the WWE admits it's fixed
    sadly, you are prob right

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by diehardfan View Post

Silva always plays games. It gets into his opponents minds and makes them stray away from their plan or fool them into thinking they have something.
    He thought he could mess with the inexperienced fighter.
    He got caught, dropped and pounded.

But or course there are people who say he got bored and did this on purpose.
    Of course when I'm bored I don't feel like getting my head bashed in

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I'm not a conspiracy theorist guy and I admittedly don't know MMA at all but the payback on WiseAss (or whatever his name is) was awfully low, wasn't it? An unknown from Long Island against the so-called greatest fighter ever......and it barely pays over +200. Someone somewhere knew something.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I truly believe that Silva is a lunatic. Im serious here!

The guy trained for months for this and loves a big payday. The penetrating fight starts and the momentum shifts back to Silva in round 2. Jesus christ...why cant the guy just penetrating fight man. Why not focus on fighting. Why all the training when you're gonna stand there like waiting for your pizza delivery.

Nutjob thats what Silva is and 100 % unpredictable.

Its just best to stay the penetrate away from this...I can actually see Silva trying to kill Chris in the rematch...like aiming for his vital spots and shit. Its best to read the play by play only...

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist guy and I admittedly don't know MMA at all but the payback on WiseAss (or whatever his name is) was awfully low, wasn't it? An unknown from Long Island against the so-called greatest fighter ever......and it barely pays over +200. Someone somewhere knew something.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post

The guy trained for months for this and loves a big payday. The penetrating fight starts and the momentum shifts back to Silva in round 2. Jesus christ...why cant the guy just penetrating fight man. Why not focus on fighting. Why all the training when you're gonna stand there like waiting for your pizza delivery.

Its just best to stay the penetrate away from this...I can actually see Silva trying to kill Chris in the rematch...like aiming for his vital spots and shit. Its best to read the play by play only...
    OMG Lemme guess.....you lost on Andy? be a man and take it in the chin

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I wouldn't describe doing something that he's done in a lot of his other fights and the thing he's probably most famous for as "unpredictable".

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hilarious all you guys trying to justify your lost bet on Silva here...

'Wahhhhh my bet lost so it must've been fixed. Wahhhhhhh.'

Sato

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    OMG Lemme guess.....you lost on Andy? be a man and take it in the chin
    I did bet Weidman but lost the parlay in the prelims .

What are you gonna expect from Silva from now on? I dont have a freaking clue holmes!

Sato

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I wouldn't describe doing something that he's done in a lot of his other fights and the thing he's probably most famous for as "unpredictable".
    Oh ya? So you dont think its unpredictable acting like a psycho in there, trying to slip shots like a clown and whoop diddli doo...lets see what happens to be cool with a lethal opponent.

He got away with it against Maia, Bonnar and in the 2nd Franklin fight when he lowered his torso in a eloquent samba dance move. Let me tell ya something pal...if in that exact moment Franklins foot would have hit Silvas dome it would have been over because Silvas line of sight was the floor and he wasnt expecting a hit in that moment. It was LUCK that his shoulder got hit...

Unpredictable? Oh yeah!

Its insanity!

MD

Oh ya? So you dont think its unpredictable acting like a psycho in there, trying to slip shots like a clown and whoop diddli doo...lets see what happens to be cool with a lethal opponent.

He got away with it against Maia, Bonnar and in the 2nd Franklin fight
    when he lowered his torso in a eloquent samba dance move. Let me tell ya something pal...if in that exact moment Franklins foot would have hit Silvas dome it would have been over because Silvas line of sight was the floor and he wasnt expecting a hit in that moment. It was LUCK that his shoulder got hit...

Unpredictable? Oh yeah!

Its insanity!
    Pretty sure you just answered your own question.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Sorry Homie i think i misunderstood your post.
    I do expect a rematch....otherwise my best guess would be this will be a modarate-slow fall from the top.
    But he could win a rematch and then i wouldnt know. Im one of those who doesnt listen much of what comes from Anderson's mouth.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Pretty sure you just answered your own question.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Right after the fight, I was fuming (obviously tilted by my 20 unit loss)... Felt that the match was fixed, Silva was a penetrating asshole for throwing the match etc.

But 12hrs later, after I had calmed down somewhat, and sifted through the various match breakdowns on Bleacher and the various sites, I realised that Silva was disrespectful, was doing the Harlem shake and all that shit, but tbh, it wasn't THAT much of a difference from how he usually fights. The mindgames and disrespect is just part of his fight plan, and he had to exaggerate even more this fight to tilt Weidman into turning it into a standup contest. He knew that Weidman was too dangerous to go to ground with, so his gameplan for 1st round was to piss Weidman off enough to forget his own gameplan.

It obviously worked... just that Weidman's striking was more lethal than anyone expected. Had it gone into the 3rd round... I wonder how it would have turned out.

Anyway, just out of curiosity, if there IS a rematch, say Dec 2013. Silva vs Weidman II. What do u guys' reckon the moneyline will be?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
    Right after the fight, I was fuming (obviously tilted by my 20 unit loss)... Felt that the match was fixed, Silva was a penetrating asshole for throwing the match etc.

But 12hrs later, after I had calmed down somewhat, and sifted through the various match breakdowns on Bleacher and the various sites, I realised that Silva was disrespectful, was doing the Harlem shake and all that shit, but tbh, it wasn't THAT much of a difference from how he usually fights. The mindgames and disrespect is just part of his fight plan, and he had to exaggerate even more this fight to tilt Weidman into turning it into a standup contest. He knew that Weidman was too dangerous to go to ground with, so his gameplan for 1st round was to piss Weidman off enough to forget his own gameplan.

It obviously worked... just that Weidman's striking was more lethal than anyone expected.
    Had it gone into the 3rd round... I wonder how it would have turned out.

Anyway, just out of curiosity, if there IS a rematch, say Dec 2013. Silva vs Weidman II. What do u guys' reckon the moneyline will be?
    I think there was a guy on this board who expected Weidman's striking to give Silva trouble. His name escapes me though.

Silva -140.

DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

This is a hilarious thread. MD and V, don't even bother trying to enlighten the public on what happened. It's a futile attempt. They will forever believe an "unknown" dethroned Silva because it was fixed. Let's just count our money instead keep betting those over values favorites and push the line in my favor boys

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

So much win in here.

If you're going to cry "rigged" at least have a logical argument.

Dana did not want his #2 PPV earner to lose to a marble mouthed fukk with the personality of a towel.

As far as Weidman being this unknown or long shot, Silva was as short a fav as he was when he fought Hendo. I guess everyone missed the ad showing GSP, Cormier, Sonnen, etc. saying Weidman had the perfect fighting style to beat Silva.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

"While in the Octagon you must protect yourself at all times". That is what Anderson did not do. MD and others are absolutely correct that this has been part of his strategy for a long time...however, his antics were much more pronounced in the second round than any other I can recall. I was getting a bit embarrassed for him.

There is a huge difference between intentionally losing a fight (which I do no believe for a second he could do) and being indifferent to the outcome.

The line drop is highly suspicious, imo because we have seen the public embrace Silva for a long time. For the public to reject him for Weidman who doesn't even have much of a following is weird.

If I got one guess (and that is all it is) is that some in Silva's camp got the feeling that the pressure and boredom combined together was making Silva not care enough about the win. Silva may have spoken about how it is not so bad to lose. Word got out.

Just a guess. I think I saw 5D reduced have Silva in the -170's before the fight. That is a big drop on a major fight.

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown."--Shakespear

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    The line drop is highly suspicious, imo because we have seen the public embrace Silva for a long time. For the public to reject him for Weidman who doesn't even have much of a following is weird.
    Its been said there was reverse line movement, and no one contested it (I don't know a site to see where the money is for MMA, myself - if anyone has one I'd love it so I don't get caught like this in the future). Makes sense that Vegas was putting a play on Weidman, hindsight being 20/20. Not sure if those in the know emphasized it or had more insight, but the warning signs were there: Silva saying "I've done everything I've come to do, now I'm happy whatever," basically, in interviews.

We just missed them (myself most definitely included). Heavy is the head is right.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Silva thought they were playing basektball and he was the ball... that's why he let Wiedman dribble his head on the mat

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

nothing better than seeing armchair "mma experts" get their feathers ruffled

MonkeyMoney

silva freaking fixed it because he wants to go after the easier fight with gsp rather then bones.. the guy cant even finish his breakfast.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

The tin foil hat peanut gallery got to Javier Vasques. Showtime thinks that Anderson threw the fight!? http://www.sherdogvideos.com/rewind/...p91_7_7_13.mp3

MonkeyMoney

haha getting viciously ko'ed is the new dive

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I think Silva will come back for a rematch and destroy him with vengence like he did to Sonnen after almost losing their first fight

MonkeyMoney

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I think Silva will come back for a rematch and destroy him with vengence like he did to Sonnen after almost losing their first fight
    lol i dont see a rematch.. he would not want to lose twice.. and i totally see that happening

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    An "unknown" if you know nothing about the sport

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    "While in the Octagon you must protect yourself at all times". That is what Anderson did not do. MD and others are absolutely correct that this has been part of his strategy for a long time...however, his antics were much more pronounced in the second round than any other I can recall. I was getting a bit embarrassed for him.

There is a huge difference between intentionally losing a fight (which I do no believe for a second he could do) and being indifferent to the outcome.

If I got one guess (and that is all it is) is that some in Silva's camp got the feeling that the pressure and boredom combined together was making Silva not care enough about the win. Silva may have spoken about how it is not so bad to lose. Word got out.

Just a guess. I think I saw 5D reduced have Silva in the -170's before the fight. That is a big drop on a major fight.

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown."--Shakespear
    Just before the fight, Weidman was +220 on 5D, and +222 on pinnacle. Late steam was on Anderson.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Just before the fight, Weidman was +220 on 5D, and +222 on pinnacle. Late steam was on Anderson.
    I was going to say...I hedged a parlay with Weidman right before the fight on BookMaker and got +200 on Weidman. Saw Anderson -250 there close to fight time. I really didn't think the average bettor on here was this clueless to MMA wagering. I apologize for my earlier comments MD

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

he will be around the same odds if a rematch occurs and only the clueless will be Weidman...

First 123 Last