Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

UFC 162 salaries: Anderson Silva could bank $800,000, Weidman only $48,000!

Wow...talk about disproportionality (if that is even a word). It is common for the star fighter to get the lion share of the purse...but damn. I am not sure I would want to get the sh*t beat out of me by Silva for only a possible $48K only if I win.

UFC 162 salaries: Anderson Silva could bank $800,000, Weidman $48,000

by Steven Marrocco on Jul 05, 2013 at 8:15 pm ET
    As UFC President Dana White recently made clear, and disclosed payouts for Saturday's UFC 162 show, it's the guys who win the fights, sell the tickets and get people talking that reap the biggest rewards.

Top-five pay-per-view draw and middleweight champ Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC), who recently inked a new 10-fight contract with the UFC, will bank a guaranteed $600,000 for fighting challenger Chris Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC), according to figures from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Silva, 38, stands to earn an additional $200,000 by defending his title an 11th time, which would add to his UFC record. The 29-year-old Weidman, meanwhile, is guaranteed $24,000 and an additional $24,000 if he makes history by taking the belt.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) recently requested and received disclosed salaries for UFC 162, which takes place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. A full list will be available following the event.

Silva's figures represent his highest disclosed salary to date. At UFC 148, which saw him defeat Chael Sonnen in a blockbuster rematch, he made $200,000 with no win bonus.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Silva will earn a lot more than that. Silva is entitled to a pay-per-view cut, which probably makes up the majority of his purse. Disclosed pay is a questionable measurement, though, as a lot of fighter pay goes undisclosed.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Not to mention, if Weidman wins he will be earning a lot more in future fights.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Not to mention, if Weidman wins he will be earning a lot more in future fights.
    Haven't you heard? I didn't know this, but word in the underground pro MMA betting circles is that Weidman actually only has nine fights, and thus it is impossible for him to win.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I heard that Silva is scared of Weidman's striking and is going to be looking for the takedown.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I heard that Silva is scared of Weidman's striking and is going to be looking for the takedown.
    Silva has bobbed and weaved around a lot of strikers...but watching Weidman take down Munoz over and over and dominate him on the ground (a champ wrestler) was impressive. The Chael fight showed that a major grappler can take Silva down and keep him down for 4.5 rounds at least...lol.