brigade125
    brigade125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Silva will win ..

Been watching highlights fights of wiedman ..I just don't like the way he comes in with head down when he going to take down an opponent ..imo. its perfect set up for silva to give those knees shots ..silva should win this ..

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Not seeing it (although certainly not discounting it as Anderson's timing is uncanny).

Is Weidman's head position any different than GSP's when he explodes for a TD? Weidman has very sharp timing on his TDs & transitions from striking to a SL immediately once his opponent plants & looks to counter.

Please bet up Anderson though. Weidman is getting more expensive and I'd love to add to my position.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by brigade125 View Post
    Been watching highlights fights of wiedman ..I just don't like the way he comes in with head down when he going to take down an opponent ..imo. its perfect set up for silva to give those knees shots ..silva should win this ..
    I can tell that you are incredibly sharp. Any other guaranteed winners for this card bro?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

This board is comedy.

Cerebral comedy

brigade125

Its diffrent with GSP cause majority of his TD are from his back foot ..when he draws his opponent towards him keeping his opponent unbalanced then he leaps forward ...for the TD ..GSP and weidman are two diffrent types of fighters ..weidman going to be on his front foot ..anderson will be on his back foot ...
    Last edited by brigade125; 07-02-13 at 07:42 PM.

MD

Its diffrent with GSP cause majority of his TD are from his back foot ..when he draws his opponent towards him keeping his opponent unbalanced then he leaps forward ...for the TD ..
    I don't think I've ever read a less-sensical analysis on SBR. Seriously, never. I don't even know what this means, and neither do you.

brigade125

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I don't think I've ever read a less-sensical analysis on SBR. Seriously, never. I don't even know what this means, and neither do you.
    For the jr.high dropouts
    Td-take down

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Its diffrent with GSP cause majority of his TD are from his back foot ..when he draws his opponent towards him keeping his opponent unbalanced then he leaps forward ...for the TD ..GSP and weidman are two diffrent types of fighters ..weidman going to be on his front foot ..anderson will be on his back foot ...
    CLASSIC Fresno state, which I imagine you're an alumni of.

MD

For the jr.high dropouts
    Td-take down
    Yes, that's the part that didn't make sense. Not the part where you think that the fight is going to come down to which foot Weidman pushes off of, or the part where GSP uses his gravity technique to draw his opponent in before he goes for the TD.
    Points Awarded:

Hannibal gave MD 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brigade125

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    CLASSIC Fresno state, which I imagine you're an alumni of.
    That right...sweeney ...pat hill era...cant forget about the shark tarkanian

brigade125

Crassus ..how about u...are u an alumni? Arts school? Looks like that cat painting something
    MD...are u alumni ? Iowa Hawkeyes? ..mascot?

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Crassus ..how about u...are u an alumni? Arts school? Looks like that cat painting something
    MD...are u alumni ? Iowa Hawkeyes? ..mascot?
    Not of Fresno state lol. I'm still in school at the moment.

brigade125

Ok..cool...aint knocking u if ur still in school..education important..

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Weld man is the logical bet here.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Yes, that's the part that didn't make sense. Not the part where you think that the fight is going to come down to which foot Weidman pushes off of, or the part where GSP uses his gravity technique to draw his opponent in before he goes for the TD.
    lol spilled my drink

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Not this again... *sigh*

Not this again... Anything but this.

brigade125

Weidman looks overrated ..ufc really trying to hype this guy up..9-0 against a bunch of taxi drivers..let the line drop for anderson..I cant believe ppl are buying into this hype...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    This board is comedy.

Cerebral comedy
    lmao cant beat it

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Parlay everything with silva

V sucks American rooster and Silva at +200.
    Lock it up fellas

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

weidman vs. a velociraptor

I have weidman at +300

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Another thread

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Not this again... *sigh*

Not this again... Anything but this.
    This again

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Thor are you one of those OCD guys that cant stand thing out of their place?

#Thorformod

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post

Thor are you one of those OCD guys that cant stand thing out of their place?

#Thorformod
    Actually I like the one guys idea about posting most picks in one thread. We used to do this sometimes at the other joint but mostly kept it in the big thread. Be honest tho isn't a lot easier to navagate in just a couple threads? On time i ask Vaug to do something in his thread where i could find his opinions "picks" Someone suggested that i was just hoping i could just take his picks and eat chips the rest of the week hoping they won. The reality is that i like seeing guys opinions and after going thru thread after thread of his post looking for his opinions i just gave up. Most of these guys who have their own threads seem to be jumping in the main thread and offering opinions so it has gotten a lot better. It was a nightmare before. Kudos to guys like LOck and Pun and others who throw up the card and the monthly thread so we can keep it semi decent around here. The one guy who threw up a recent card and side loader unloaded on him was funny to me. That thing was a nightmare to read and thankfully someone threw up a better organized looking one. By the way sometimes i just bust balls like with BIgDay today. I don't have a problem with him staring his own thread. He has been doing it for a while now.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

I think Weidman's ability to hold people down is not what Chael's was, and that Chael is damning him with faint praise when he says, "Weidman has a better top game than me as far as submissions," subs aren't the best route of attack against Silva cause they'll give him opportunities to sweep, and he has solid BJJ. The route was shown by Chael at their first fight, but he lost his cool in the fifth round. I do see Weidman as possibly psychologically more ready to fight Silva than Chael at either bout (Chael certainly got baited in the second fight, and slipped mentally in the first IMO), but he doesn't have Chael's technical skills to me. There are also unanswered questions about his cardio.

It strikes me that people may be underestimating the importance of strength of opponents. Weidman has looked pretty good against average competition, as I see it.

I think Silva should be laying 3 to 1 or better.

MD

Coincidentally, as if the Gods are trying to make you look stupid, Mike Riordan, the wrestling coach and general wrestling analyst at Bloody Elbow, said this today:

"Wrestlers are taught (or should be) to reach and establish initial contact with their rear hands so that they can preserve their lead hand to protect their lead leg. Notice Chris keeps his lead hand over his lead knee.
    Something even more technical to point out, is that Weidman is in a left foot forward stance, but he shot mostly off his right leg. Generally what you want to do is lead with your primary shooting foot, but what Weidman is doing, I believe intentionally, is something very advanced in concealing his lead foot."

This amuses me.