PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

UFC 163: Aldo vs Korean Zombie (8-3-13)

Date: August 3, 2013
    Venue: HSBC Arena
    Broadcast: PPV, FX, Facebook

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:35 p.m. ET)

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-10-16 at 09:09 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

amazes me that Drysdale and McCall only make facebook. don't understand the UFC sometimes

Jerseychi
    Jerseychi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

People don't respect the lighter weight classes as much. As for Drysdale, Casual MMA fans don't have a clue who he is.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

And McCall has not won in te ufc.

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseychi View Post
    People don't respect the lighter weight classes as much. As for Drysdale, Casual MMA fans don't have a clue who he is.
    the casual MMA bettor must have an absolute shit when his odds come out each time...

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseychi View Post
    I understand this, but Facebook prelims? How can anyone ever respect them when they throw top 3 flys on facebook? If they put McCall on FX maybe someone will be entertained. Instead they feed us lower end top 10 womens fights....a division even less people respect. No one may know who Drysdale is. But they brought him in for a reason. They could at least show him off as Rogan pumps him up.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I understand this, but Facebook prelims? How can anyone ever respect them when they throw top 3 flys on facebook? If they put McCall on FX maybe someone will be entertained. Instead they feed us lower end top 10 womens fights....a division even less people respect. No one may know who Drysdale is. But they brought him in for a reason. They could at least show him off as Rogan pumps him up.
    McCall in the top three at this point is lunacy in my opinion. I'd even put Moraga at #4 above him. The only reason I have him at #5 is because there's no one better to take his place.

JustinOpinion
    JustinOpinion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

How has Phil Davis managed to get a fight with Machida?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by JustinOpinion View Post
    How has Phil Davis managed to get a fight with Machida?
    Who else is he or Machida going to fight? No point giving Davis a mid-level guy...his grappling is too good.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellas433 View Post
    the casual MMA bettor must have an absolute shit when his odds come out each time...
    The casual MMA bettor probably isn't a degen that bets Legacy Fighting Championships :P

JustinOpinion

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Who else is he or Machida going to fight? No point giving Davis a mid-level guy...his grappling is too good.
    Glover. Or Shogun if Chael didn't talk his way in again. Don't see why he should be getting a shot at the no1 contender? Maybe if there was an upside for Lyoto, but it's likely to be a dull fight.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

what's wrong with phil davis fighting machida? certainly it'll probably be boring as fukk and watching phil davis striking is like watching old people make love, but phil davis is easily top10 in the division

MD

Whoever loses that fight is getting embarrassed and will probably be done as a potential title contender; problematic matchmaking in my opinion.

Beelzebubzy

Lyoto won't fight glover

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Lyoto won't fight glover
    Did he say that? He'd maul Glover. Lyoto -600.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Did he say that? He'd maul Glover. Lyoto -600.
    Agreed, I like glover to win over almost anyone in the division, with a couple exceptions, Lyoto, Jones and possibly Gus and Moose. These guys preset severe stylistic nightmares for a guy that happens to have had easy matchmaking thus far.

Machida embarasses him if they ever fight.

Beelzebubzy

Junkie had a post that glover won't figt lyoto or Chael

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glover and Lyoto are training partners so pretty unlikely they'd fight.

Edit:
    http://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/31/30...-lyoto-machida

'll fight whoever they give me. A big name would be better, because it will give me a jump in my career, but it's not something I'm actively looking for. It's whatever comes. Right now, the one I wouldn't want to fight is Lyoto Machida. I've trained with him, I help him out and he's a great guy. I just arrived in the UFC, and I'm not really in a situation to say no. Whatever they tell me to do, I'll do, but if I could have a say, Lyoto would be the one I wouldn't want to fight."
    Last edited by raag; 06-22-13 at 10:12 PM.

Rubber Guard

McCall in the top three at this point is lunacy in my opinion. I'd even put Moraga at #4 above him. The only reason I have him at #5 is because there's no one better to take his place.
    Here is Mr. know it all trying to argue if McCall is top 3 or not like it even matters at all as to what my point was. Cool I said top 3 you say 5th. Who the fock cares you idiot.

MD

Here is Mr. know it all trying to argue if McCall is top 3 or not like it even matters at all as to what my point was. Cool I said top 3 you say 5th. Who the fock cares you idiot.
    Don't take it so personally.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

There is only like 4 or 5 of them in that division. Love Zombie think hes getting beat though. Maia, Watson, Perosh, Dragon.

Rubber Guard

Don't take it so personally.
    Sometimes I talk with no filter. Doesn't mean I'm genuinely mad. It is just annoying when you have to argue every word on this site and try to correct everyone since you are doing well with plays. My point is they put top guys on facebook, then struggle to promote small divisions. Well duuuuuuuuhhhhhhh. Joe B was on the PRELIM before the facebook Prelim in his first UFC fight. Mighty Mouse on his first UFC fight was on Facebook...the current champ. Ian McCall just main evented a card for the UFC. Now he is on Facebook.

It is straight retarded that these guys aren't even on FX prelims. Then UFC wonders why these guys do no rating. CUZ NO ONE FOCKING KNOWS WHO THEY ARE! Whether they are 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th. Ok Ian McCall is 5th in his division and just main evented. Now he is on facebook.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Look what there doing with Conor Mcgregor with his next fight then look at the mini te huna Robert Whittaker v McGee - easy roads for some. I dont get these fight makers

JustinOpinion

I meant for Davis to fight Glover or Shogun, not Machida. My bad.

MD

Sometimes I talk with no filter. Doesn't mean I'm genuinely mad. It is just annoying when you have to argue every word on this site and try to correct everyone since you are doing well with plays. My point is they put top guys on facebook, then struggle to promote small divisions. Well duuuuuuuuhhhhhhh. Joe B was on the PRELIM before the facebook Prelim in his first UFC fight. Mighty Mouse on his first UFC fight was on Facebook...the current champ. Ian McCall just main evented a card for the UFC. Now he is on Facebook.

It is straight retarded that these guys aren't even on FX prelims. Then UFC wonders why these guys do no rating. CUZ NO ONE FOCKING KNOWS WHO THEY ARE! Whether they are 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th. Ok Ian McCall is 5th in his division and just main evented. Now he is on facebook.
    Yes, I argue with people because my plays have been successful. Why do you always bring that up every time we argue? I swear you're waiting for me to go on a losing streak or something so you can go into my thread and insult me about it. Last time I had a bad night, you came in during the prelims and said "What are you now for the night? 0-3?", and I ended up winning the rest of my bets for the night and you were nowhere to be found. Don't worry bruhv, I will eventually have a losing night. It's gambling, everyone does. Why does it matter if I've been successful lately? No one cares, and it's not relevant. I don't rub it in anyone's face.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Machida-Davis o2,5 -155, seems like a present really. Does anyone see it any other way?

Rubber Guard

Yes, I argue with people because my plays have been successful. Why do you always bring that up every time we argue? .
    Why do we even argue? Because you seem to love to argue anything. I bring up how small weight known fighters get hosed and you try to argue if McCall is top 3 or 5th as if it has any matter to my point. It is annoying. Why you seem to have to argue everything? I don't know. Maybe you are just an annoying dude.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Machida-Davis o2,5 -155, seems like a present really. Does anyone see it any other way?
    yeah should hit

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinOpinion View Post
    Glover. Or Shogun if Chael didn't talk his way in again. Don't see why he should be getting a shot at the no1 contender? Maybe if there was an upside for Lyoto, but it's likely to be a dull fight.
    Is Glover really a level below Lyoto?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Look what there doing with Conor Mcgregor with his next fight then look at the mini te huna Robert Whittaker v McGee - easy roads for some. I dont get these fight makers
    Difference is Whittaker isnt fighting in Australia or hometown. Conor is fighting in Boston so almost like a home fight for anybody who is Irish! It's why Cathal Pendred is trying so hard to get on. They will obviously have massive support there so UFC are setting them up so they can win easily and crowd are all happy and can get their just bleed on etc and can go home happy having seen their favourite smash a poor dude... Similar with how Brazilian fighters like Jason got a guy in Wilkinson who was nowhere near ready for him, and Sarafian got Mendes at that last Brazil card. If Whittaker was fighting on a Australia card they'd probably of given him an easier fight than somebody like McGee.

Jerseychi
    Jerseychi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

Can't disagree with this.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Difference is Whittaker isnt fighting in Australia or hometown. Conor is fighting in Boston so almost like a home fight for anybody who is Irish! It's why Cathal Pendred is trying so hard to get on. They will obviously have massive support there so UFC are setting them up so they can win easily and crowd are all happy and can get their just bleed on etc and can go home happy having seen their favourite smash a poor dude... Similar with how Brazilian fighters like Jason got a guy in Wilkinson who was nowhere near ready for him, and Sarafian got Mendes at that last Brazil card. If Whittaker was fighting on a Australia card they'd probably of given him an easier fight than somebody like McGee.
    vaughany is an expert in u.s. demographics. he taught me that rednecks live in oregon.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haaha I heard there were once strong migratory patterns of rednecks heading to Oregon in search of better timber!

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phil will likely have to move forward against Lyoto to setup his TDs, so he may be run into a counter. I don't think Phil is going to play the game of sitting on the outside and trying to force Machida to engage. Lyoto is also pretty good at countering kicks and Phil kicks a lot without setups so he may get dropped/finished off one of those. Phil is more measured than Bader so I don't think the KO/TKO is as likely as it was in that fight but it's a real possibility.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Machida-Davis o2,5 -155, seems like a present rally. Does anyone see it any other way?
    Pretty much what the guy above said, a machida ko is entirely plausable here but o2.5 at -155 seems like great odds.

1234 ... Last