The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I kind of disagree with you two, though I think just about anything can happen when it comes to initiating so perhaps there's something there what you're suggesting... I really just don't see Phil being all that active against Lyoto when it comes to engaging, will probably focus on keeping himself closed as usual.

Whatever the case is, if there were a prop play for the most horrible fight of 2013, I'd guess this one. It's going to be sleep inducing.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Machida-Davis o2,5 -155, seems like a present really. Does anyone see it any other way?
    Was thinking the same thing, I don't think Davis is just going to run into a counter like ryan bader. I'm surprised it dropped down from -190.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

If you think the fight goes over two and a half rounds, you're either assuming Davis gets takedowns and doesn't get the sub, or you're assuming that Davis stands and trades with Machida without getting KO'd, or that he absolutely refuses to engage and spends the entire fight refusing to get hit. If Davis tries to win the fight, he's probably getting KO'd, and I don't want to bank on Davis not even trying at -155.

The iron sheik

Perhaps it'll be seen on fight day, but the thought of Phil Davis (a fighter who is visibly scared to trade) overcommitting himself is funny to me. I can understand the viewpoint though.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

no rest, get to cappin'

The iron sheik

Well, motherfucking ostentatiously huge on aldo, starting from -580

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

KZ is awesome. I expect that to be FOTN.

The iron sheik

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    KZ is awesome. I expect that to be FOTN.
    Perhaps I am overcommitting, but I am expecting Aldo to pretty much show in a minute in to this fight, that KZ doesn't belong in this fight.

Yes, I think Aldo is THAT good.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Is Glover really a level below Lyoto?
    Striking wise he is. Machida would outpoint him pretty easily in my opinion.

mmaed

I think KZ has no real clear path to victory with Aldo. His striking is worse, his wrestling is worse and his bjj is worse. Hes less athletic and less powerful. Machida is a terrible matchup for Phil Davis. Davis's striking is not very good. Machida has great takedown defense and very good footwork. His reflexes are very good and he feints like crazy. Phil is going to have a very hard time setting up takedowns on Machida. I think he will probably get knocked out.

mmaed

Vinny Mag vs Anthony Perosh. I am leaning towards Vinny but I'd like to hear from everyone else. I think Perosh has decent takedowns and of course very good BJJ but Vinny is a lot younger, a lot more dynamic, probably has a reach advantage and Perosh hasn't fought in a year. Fighting after a year layoff at 41 is harder. Does anyone see a path to victory for Perosh?

The iron sheik

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Vinny Mag vs Anthony Perosh. I am leaning towards Vinny but I'd like to hear from everyone else. I think Perosh has decent takedowns and of course very good BJJ but Vinny is a lot younger, a lot more dynamic, probably has a reach advantage and Perosh hasn't fought in a year. Fighting after a year layoff at 41 is harder. Does anyone see a path to victory for Perosh?
    I don't, an I put in change for Vinny Mag just 10 minutes ago.

I don't think either one will be fighting for anything significant, EVER. Both are grapplers, Vinny is better at that, and Vinny is better in every other area as well. I really don't see Perosh winning this in any way whatsoever.

edit: can't type for shit

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Nop....not really
    I have planty on Vinny

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Perosh is horrible but I hate betting on guys with no cardio

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Perosh is horrible but I hate betting on guys with no cardio
    Perosh has half of Vinny's cardio

Beelzebubzy

What fight shows that?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    what's wrong with phil davis fighting machida? certainly it'll probably be boring as fukk and watching phil davis striking is like watching old people make love, but phil davis is easily top10 in the division

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Here is Mr. know it all trying to argue if McCall is top 3 or not like it even matters at all as to what my point was. Cool I said top 3 you say 5th. Who the fock cares you idiot.

Thor4140

Yeah Vinny's glass chin. Aint worth the risk no matter who he is fighting

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

There's a few new props out now, anything you like pun?

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    What fight shows that?
    I dont know. Just my shitty memory. Am i off?

Beelzebubzy

No he sucks just don't recall poor cardio other than cro cop but that is a fight out if his league

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

perosh basically hasn't fought since march of 2012. He got Koed in 7 seconds which doesn't even really count as a fight.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

From the top of my head:

Aldo straight; Aldo ITD
    Machida straight; Over 2.5
    Koscheck straight; Over 2.5
    Vinny straight; Under 1.5

Beelzebubzy

Kos isnt fighting

Sato

my bad

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    From the top of my head:

Aldo straight; Aldo ITD
    Machida straight; Over 2.5
    Koscheck straight; Over 2.5
    Vinny straight; Under 1.5
    Machida could knock out davis so i wouldnt take the over. Maia can sub koscheck and koscheck has big power in his hands so i wouldnt take that over either. Vinny and perosh both have great bjj which could cancel each other out on the ground. Neither one has great standup so that could go the distance. I agree with you on aldo and aldo itd.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    There's a few new props out now, anything you like pun?
    not crazy about anything bro.

i played zombie itd +1075 very small. this is a hedge for my aldo position. right now ive only played aldo straight-- none of the props.

i also took magaletch itd -121, but i'm not loving that play at the moment.

Sato

Machida could knock out davis so i wouldnt take the over. Maia can sub koscheck and koscheck has big power in his hands so i wouldnt take that over either. Vinny and perosh both have great bjj which could cancel each other out on the ground. Neither one has great standup so that could go the distance. I agree with you on aldo and aldo itd.
    Koscheck is out anyway BUt I saw it that Kos would NOT have knocked out Maia...I just wasnt seeing it...and Maia wasnt subbing Kos...Kos is very strong and I wasnt believing Maia being able to sub him in a fight.

Perosh is garbage. Vinny is stronger in every area. Can see a TKO...Perosh cant do anything stading up...

mmaed

My worry would be perosh being competent enough on the feet to hold his own there snd maybe landing a takedowm or two during the fight to win a decision. He is experienced enough of a grappler to avoid submissions. He could still get caught of course but i think its unlikely.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Yeah Vinny's glass chin. Aint worth the risk no matter who he is fighting
    I wouldnt say he has a glass chin. He took some shots from Pokrajac and carried on. Was more that he is a typical BJJ guy who wasnt used to getting hit, and now that he is more experienced I dont think its as much of a problem

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Striking wise he is. Machida would outpoint him pretty easily in my opinion.
    Well obviously! Weren't talking about who was the better striker or even fighter though, in terms of their current position in UFC's rankings and who they want to push for a title shot there isnt much difference.

Thor4140

Wonder how they are gonna sell this card cause it looks terrible to me. I can't imagine a dumber style match-up then the Machida/Davis match. This card would be lucky if it gets 200 thou buys. Machida fight should bore us to death. Somebody put Aldo in a rubber room this week because if he gets hurt this card won't get one buy.

mmaed

Aldo inside the distance is so tempting but Jung might be wily enough to avoid getting ko'd.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Aldo inside the distance is so tempting but Jung might be wily enough to avoid getting ko'd.
    It's Aldo on his hometurf he'll be giving it his all to get a finish, last time he was home he highlight reel ko'd Mendes.

First 12345 ... Last