pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

1 of my 4 sources of income...

2 legal, 2 illegal (I don't consider sports betting to be "illegal")

DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellas433 View Post
    He's lucky the mean people aren't awake yet
    I'm not easily offended over the internet. I got the info I was looking for. Make fun all you want, whatever makes you feel good pal.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by DSSCA View Post
    I'm not easily offended over the internet. I got the info I was looking for. Make fun all you want, whatever makes you feel good pal.
    I like your attitude.

Also, check this out, bros. I'm not allowed on Sports Interaction because I'm considered a "professional player" by them, and they do not allow professional players. Come at me, Nunya.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I am aware that VERY FEW cappers do it as there single source of income. I have noticed there is an impressive amount of knowledge on this forum (MMA specifically) however, and am curious how many members are actually pros? How many hours a day do you cap? What's was your initial bankroll? I know a lot of you guys claim big things, but how many actually bet $1,000 a fight? To be honest, I lay a couple hundred here and there, but to bet 1k on the reg... noway I could afford that. I'd be off a ledge if I lost $10k in a night. I stay within my means and bet 2-5% of my roll. Just curious if you do lay those numbers, how long did it take to get there?
    I gamble for a living.

I do not handicap for a living. Handicapping is the hardest track to making a profit in gambling, and its also the least profitable. Just beating numbers day in and day out is all you have to do, and its easy. I could teach a 6th grader to do this, but he'd have to give me a cut.

Big losses don't phase me in sportsbetting for some reason, big losses at poker always did, and still do.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I like your attitude.

Also, check this out, bros. I'm not allowed on Sports Interaction because I'm considered a "professional player" by them, and they do not allow professional players. Come at me, Nunya.
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Socrates is mortal.

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

no worries my man. This forum is a bit bi-polar. Today everyone evidently just got laid and have just smoked a j in their hot tubs..on a different day the same question will get you angry replies making fun of you and hopes of you getting run over by the nearest truck.

Enjoy.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

MMA wagering provides supplemental income for me. My main source of income is being a comedy fan.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I gamble for a living.

I do not handicap for a living. Handicapping is the hardest track to making a profit in gambling, and its also the least profitable. Just beating numbers day in and day out is all you have to do, and its easy. I could teach a 6th grader to do this, but he'd have to give me a cut.

Big losses don't phase me in sportsbetting for some reason, big losses at poker always did, and still do.
    How much of a cut? can u go out or is like the mafia?

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

no worries my man. This forum is a bit bi-polar. Today everyone evidently just got laid and have just smoked a j in their hot tubs..on a different day the same question will get you angry replies making fun of you and hopes of you getting run over by the nearest truck.

Enjoy.
    People dont get pissed at noobs...its just the know-it-all noobs who get the worst.

DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

Enjoy.
    Hahahaha. I'll be sure to look both ways when crossing the street I know what you mean though. I think a lot of that is directed at those who act like ass hats and think because they took DC over Mir that they are the next capping champion. I'm just looking for some advice here and there to make some extra cash and share some of my thoughts. That way I may be able to quit giving hand jobs to 8th graders in return for their lunches. Its a rough gig.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    How much of a cut? can u go out or is like the mafia?
    Lifetime commitment, pal.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Seriously though,

I think if you find someone that claims they make a living on betting MMA alone, I'd guess you've effectively found a liar. Hell, in all honesty even the chances of finding someone that makes a living on betting alone is rare (but there are some even I know), but on a still somewhat "fringe sport" like MMA I don't think it's there yet.

goodfellas433

Hahahaha. I'll be sure to look both ways when crossing the street I know what you mean though. I think a lot of that is directed at those who act like ass hats and think because they took DC over Mir that they are the next capping champion. I'm just looking for some advice here and there to make some extra cash and share some of my thoughts. That way I may be able to quit giving hand jobs to 8th graders in return for their lunches. Its a rough gig.

That shit is hilarious.

goodfellas433

And yes I'm serious....just didn't expect that last part. lol. Ya never know what's coming out of people's mouths in this forum.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Seriously though,

I think if you find someone that claims they make a living on betting MMA alone, I'd guess you've effectively found a liar. Hell, in all honesty even the chances of finding someone that makes a living on betting alone is rare (but there are some even I know), but on a still somewhat "fringe sport" like MMA I don't think it's there yet.

Depends on what you define making a living as. If I was only betting MMA, I would be making enough to make the 21 year old version of myself happy. I don't expect that to hold true in the next few years however.

The iron sheik

Depends on what you define making a living as. If I was only betting MMA, I would be making enough to make the 21 year old version of myself happy. I don't expect that to hold true in the next few years however.
    With the occasional month where there is 1 or 2 events only, and the fact no one gets 100% of bets correct, and that weird shit happens, I kind of find it hard to believe even the 21 year old you would pay rent and utilities on time every month... semantics though. I know you can make money off this shiet, but I find it hard to believe anyone would make it on this alone.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

You don't have to get 100% of bets correct, or even 50%. You don't even have to win every month. I mean, obviously you can't live paycheck to paycheck doing this, you need a strong bankroll. But, having a four figure average per event shouldn't be that difficult if you're hitting things from all angles.

MD

With the occasional month where there is 1 or 2 events only, and the fact no one gets 100% of bets correct, and that weird shit happens, I kind of find it hard to believe even the 21 year old you would pay rent and utilities on time every month... semantics though. I know you can make money off this shiet, but I find it hard to believe anyone would make it on this alone.
    MMA is my main sport and I (currently) put almost no time into other sports, and I make far more than my cost of living.

The iron sheik

so you're saying if you have a grillion bazillion dollar bankroll you can make a living out of things? You can make a living by guessing the mega millions winner lines on 5dimes if that's the case.

now, "making a living" is kind of subjective like suggested before, but no I don't think there are people that will make ...say, 40 thousand dollars a year by playing MMA alone.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

so you're saying if you have a grillion bazillion dollar bankroll you can make a living out of things? You can make a living by guessing the mega millions winner lines on 5dimes if that's the case.

now, "making a living" is kind of subjective like suggested before, but no I don't think there are people that will make ...say, 40 thousand dollars a year by playing MMA alone.
    High five figures should be a large enough roll. And $40k/yr is attainable, but not by picking winnerz.

The iron sheik

perhaps it is then, but if someone here wants to claim to be making 40k a year on MMA alone, I'd certainly be most interested in seeing it substantiated. I'd find that highly suspect even in the big league sports where you at least have a huge amount of volume. Kind of like this forum in general, so many high rollers that can't lose money even if they tried...

Not that I would expect anyone to post figures, since talking about figures is pretty hilarious when it comes to internet forums.

Naturally, poyasophy and other known air bettors need not apply.

MD

Oh lord.

High five figures should be a large enough roll. And $40k/yr is attainable, but not by picking winnerz.
    You don't think it's possible to beat MMA for $40K a year through pure handicapping?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

perhaps it is then, but if someone here wants to claim to be making 40k a year on MMA alone, I'd certainly be most interested in seeing it substantiated. I'd find that highly suspect even in the big league sports where you at least have a huge amount of volume. Kind of like this forum in general, so many high rollers that can't lose money even if they tried...

Not that I would expect anyone to post figures, since talking about figures is pretty hilarious when it comes to internet forums.
    Well, I'm not interested in substantiating my claims as it would give up my betting strategies. 40k a year is not very much money, we're talking about averaging under $700 per event if you count bellator, even less if we throw in other events with bettable lines.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Oh lord.

You don't think it's possible to beat MMA for $40K a year through pure handicapping?
    Do I think it's possible to win $40k in a year by handicapping MMA? Yes.

Do I think its possible to have a $40k edge on your bets in a year handicapping MMA? Maybe. I certainly couldn't do it, nor would I want to. Too easy to pick off golf numbers instead.

The iron sheik

Oh lord.
    Do you have an under 100k BR on MMA alone, and do you make 40k out of it? Do you know anyone who does?

The iron sheik

Well, I'm not interested in substantiating my claims as it would give up my betting strategies. 40k a year is not very much money, we're talking about averaging under $700 per event if you count bellator, even less if we throw in other events with bettable lines.
    If 40k a year isn't a lot on a sport that has pretty low volume compared to the big leagues, I don't know what is. Sounds like you're not making that figure, but you claim it's possible. If it's possible, perhaps there's an example somewhere? Show me a person that makes 40k/year betting MMA.

MD

Do you have an under 100k BR on MMA alone, and do you make 40k out of it? Do you know anyone who does?
    It doesn't really matter what my bankroll is, or how much I make per year. None of it will ever be substantiated, and no one has any reason to believe me.

MD

If 40k a year isn't a lot on a sport that has pretty low volume compared to the big leagues, I don't know what is. Sounds like you're not making that figure, but you claim it's possible. If it's possible, perhaps there's an example somewhere? Show me a person that makes 40k/year betting MMA.
    I like how you ask that a professional gambler provide you with information about what is an achievable figure to make through professional gambling, and then when he gives you a figure, you demand that he substantiate it. No one owes you anything, get over yourself.

The iron sheik

It doesn't really matter what my bankroll is, or how much I make per year. None of it will ever be substantiated, and no one has any reason to believe me.
    So, do you know anyone who makes 40k on an under 100k BR a year betting MMA? I guess you do, since my claim that there aren't people like that was enough to say the lords name in vain

The iron sheik

I like how you ask that a professional gambler provide you with information about what is an achievable figure to make through professional gambling, and then when he gives you a figure, you demand that he substantiate it. No one owes you anything, get over yourself.
    Get over myself? I'm not the one posting you can make this and that much easily. You guys are. If not personally, you're suggesting it's possible. If you want to talk big, substantiate it. That's not even suggesting you aren't a winning player, or that nunya isn't.

Does anyone want to claim making 40k/year on MMA alone?

MD

So, do you know anyone who makes 40k on an under 100k BR a year betting MMA? I guess you do, since my claim that there aren't people like that was enough to say the lords name in vain
    Again, it doesn't really matter if I do or not.

Get over myself? I'm not the one posting you can make this and that much easily. You guys are. If not personally, you're suggesting it's possible. If you want to talk big, substantiate it. That's not even suggesting you aren't a winning player, or that nunya isn't.

Does anyone want to claim making 40k/year on MMA alone?
    I'd hardly call saying that it's possible to make $40000 a year betting on MMA "talking big". Don't know the validity of Nunya's figures, but if it really is just $700 per event, a top MMA handicapper could do that with far less than 100K. Far less. If you want to think differently, suit yourself.

No one who actually gambles for a living is in any hurry to divulge their profit margins or their bankroll information.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Shiek, the guys on sherdog will give you a better idea. They start with $5 bankrolls at 5dimes and turn that into $50g's... Tony is their personal atm machine.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Pretty sure nunya breaks 40k rather easily
    he hit roop tko for 1300 and bobby green sub of the night for 1200

and that's documented plays here.

I truthfully don't know nor do I care what people make here. If people profit here great! If they lose, oh well, my life changes very little

Money It's all subjective. I get by easily on my hr gig that this is jus gravy and there are people who make double what I make who can't survive. Money is truly subjective.

I don't make 40k gambling not even close.

The iron sheik

yeah, 40% ROI year in sports betting is not talking big at all... jesus christ where do you people come up with this stuff

MD

yeah, 40% ROI year in sports betting is not talking big at all... jesus christ where do you people come up with this stuff
    You clearly aren't intelligent enough to be claiming what you're claiming.

First 12345 ... Last