Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    pettis out vs aldo, replaced by korean zombie

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/6/14...g-vs-jose-aldo
    Surprisingly the most injury prone fighter

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Guys, I'm about to say something shocking.

I knew Pettis was pulling out of the Aldo fight before it was announced because tbird told me.

Completely serious.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

penetrate all of you fuckers!

Kill your familys!

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I can't wait to not watch this one

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Seriously -- WTF? Couldn't they choose bigger stars?

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

That is just sad

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

dammmmmmn Kelly got sent down

Cage fighter who ran heroin dealing empire is behind bars

15 Jun 2013 09:19Paul Kelly was caught by police with £100,000 of heroin in his car

Share on printShare on email

Cagefighter Paul Kelly,in training at the Wolfslair gym, Widnes

A FORMER UFC cage fighter was jailed after he was caught running a major heroin ring in Liverpool.
    West Derby ‘hard man’ Paul Kelly, 29, who earned up to £100,000 a year on the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fight circuit, was labelled the “brains” of the drug gang which he set up with childhood best friend Christopher St John McGirr.
    The pair were snared after police investigating the violent Croxteth Crew saw McGirr with two of their leading members and realised he was selling drugs to the street gang.
    Surveillance of McGirr, 28, and Kelly led to the arrest of one of their couriers who had £100,000 of import purity heroin under his car seat.
    That courier’s replacement, their schoolfriend Paul Rogers, 28, was later arrested moving heroin worth up to £10,000.
    David McLoughlin, prosecuting, told Liverpool Crown Court: “McGirr and Kelly were in the drugs supply business together. The Crown say they were not soft enough to get their hands dirty and sought out others to do the dirty work for them.”
    Also in the dock was John Preston, a Scottish drug dealer who travelled to Merseyside to buy wholesale cannabis and some cocaine from McGirr.
    Judge Mark Brown told dad-of-two Kelly, of Crantock Close, West Derby: “You were in business with Mr McGirr supplying heroin to other dealers.
    “You are an individual who has travelled widely in the course of MMA and as such would have contacts abroad.
    “It is significant that the seizures involved large amounts of import quality heroin.
    “In my judgement you decided to supply Class A drugs when your contract with UFC was terminated. You obviously enjoyed the high life and saw selling heroin as an easy way to make money.”
    He jailed Kelly, who had a trial, for 13 years.
    Rogers, of Smithford Walk, Prescot, got four years and McGirr, of Tollerton Road, West Derby, got 11 years.
    Preston, 51, from Fife, was jailed for five years because he is in poor health.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

My picks:

jabouin
    Clarke debatable dec
    Pierson
    delorme
    stout
    davis
    jimmo
    Miocic
    Jordan
    Shields
    hendo

A few dogs for shiits n giggles
    Points Awarded:

Crassus gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much you got on Hendo? That's the only figt I didn't bet me thinks.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I hedged him with evans by decision, screwed if evans wins inside. Would lose about 300 dollars

Only other play is davis

MD

Picking Miocic, but no play in the +240 range?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

no idea why I posted these in this thread!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

dammn didnt realise Mayday vs Pickett is on the Boston card

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

PAUL KELLY SPEAKS FROM BEHIND BARS *EXCLUSIVE*

The news of Paul Kelly’s court case made it to websites and other media outlets around the world, spreading like wildfire. Now, for the first time, Paul has released a statement to The Fight Lounge, regarding the situation.
    It was hard to avoid the stories regarding Paul Kelly and his prison sentence. Yet The Fight Lounge haven’t mentioned it, since the news was already readily available elsewhere and we felt like it would be rubbing salt into the former UFC fighter’s wounds.
    As we have dealt with Paul many times, he wanted to get his statement out to the world and asked The Fight Lounge to do so on his behalf. We received a letter today, which you will find below. The letter speaks about his treatment in court and more. Please have a read.
    “I am writing this from behind my prison door. I have been wrongly convicted of a crime I never committed. Not only is it a crime I never committed, but I have somehow been pinned as some kind of crime boss!
    “This case, as you know, has been going on for close to two years and I have been on bail the whole time. For the first trial, I was up for conspiracy to supply class A drugs and conspiracy to supply class B drugs. I was found not guilty for the latter and had a hung jury for the other charge. The case was then to be tried the following month.
    “In my mind, I was never to be convicted of a crime I haven’t committed. The following month came and, when I turned up at court, everything had changed! Bear in mind that there wasn’t one strand of factual evidence on me, plus the fact I was abroad for nearly the whole of the surveillance, I was convinced that this would be the last time in court, as even one hung jury was enough for the case to be kicked out!
    “I turned up to court and I was warned that I couldn’t mention half of my case! So, from that moment I stood on stand, I was lying. This is not justice. I am serving thirteen years in prison.
    “I had 271 police officers following me for seven months and the evidence they came up with was with me picking up a friend whilst I was with Phoebe – my four year old daughter. I have been stitched up for publicity and the whole case stinks to high heaven.
    “I am away from my family, my two children who I live for, for something I haven’t done. I would happily take a lie detector test to help prove my innocence.
    “It is bullshit. In my mind, the conviction and the publicity was more important than the truth. There is a massive level of corruption and I am rotting away in here because of it.”
    We at The Fight Lounge have had many dealings with Paul Kelly in the past and he has always been a respectful and polite man who is devoted to his children. We feel sorry for everything that has happened to him and to his children and partner Jennifer.
    All the views expressed in the statement are those of Paul Kelly and not of anyone affiliated with The Fight Lounge.

Beelzebubzy

Benavidez vs Formiga

Jussieu -240 obviously

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Benavidez vs Formiga

Jussieu -240 obviously
    sounds about right. Fight is in brazil.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

saffredines's kid throws straighter punches than most MMA fighters I might send this to Swick. Maybe he would learn something and then use all that talent to get a title.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

semmy schilt retired

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    saffredines's kid throws straighter punches than most MMA fighters I might send this to Swick. Maybe he would learn something and then use all that talent to get a title.
    [IMG]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z2H-deGTxkI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]
    From the comments:

"This comment has received too many negative votes As a doctor I'd recommend this stop. While his limbs are still growing at a rapid rate (as they do around his age), abnormal tension upon his growth plates can lead to deformities later in life."

"iser0009: Yeah.... Why don't you go ahead and shut the penetrate up, mmmmK?"

Incredible. Whether what the guy is saying is valid or not, how the f-ck do you reply with something that retarded? I'm so glad I almost never read Youtube comments.
    Last edited by MD; 06-26-13 at 11:42 PM.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    From the comments:

"This comment has received too many negative votes As a doctor I'd recommend this stop. While his limbs are still growing at a rapid rate (as they do around his age), abnormal tension upon his growth plates can lead to deformities later in life."

"iser0009: Yeah.... Why don't you go ahead and shut the penetrate up, mmmmK?"

Incredible. Whether what the guy is saying is valid or not, how the f-ck do you reply with something that retarded? I'm so glad I almost never read Youtube comments.
    You're just now realizing that youtube comments are ridiculous?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    You're just now realizing that youtube comments are ridiculous?
    No. There's a reason I almost never read them.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

YouTube comments and Yahoo news comments make shertards seem like valedictorians in comparison...

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

No. There's a reason I almost never read them.
    Good call, take it from someone who reads them more often than you then, that shit is tame son. Hell it's eloquent for youtube.

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sonnen opens at -139 over a +100 Shogun

ArchieUD
    ArchieUD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Shogun opened +110 on eurobooks some weeks ago, don't think this is a good match up for him, though

MD

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieUD View Post
    Shogun opened +110 on eurobooks some weeks ago, don't think this is a good match up for him, though
    This fight is terrifying. Shogun isn't on the decline, as much as people want to believe he is, he's just inconsistent; he's been equally bad for the last couple of years, and has stayed stable. Chael is probably on a decline, mentally and physically, but there's no way to confirm this; it's not like he's losing to cans. Shogun's sweeps and his knockout power are scary stuff. Shogun's obviously one of the best, if not the best, kickers in the division, but Chael might actually be the better technical boxer here. Shogun's hands almost always look bad.

I don't usually avoid fights, and I try to bet on almost every line I see on any given card, but I may stay away from this.

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

MD it's relieving to read you say that! I cannot make an authoritative judgment on this fight in any way after struggling with it mentally for a bit! I think I'll also just watch this as a fan of both fighters hoping one of them doesn't come out looking shot and done. I agree with your analysis - Shogun did (in a way) impressively well against Gustaffson, and the real -wow- factor of that fight was Gustaffson's amazing chin. It'll be an interesting fight to top off an amazing card.

Curious to see what the odds on Alves/Brown awnd Browne/Reem will be

ArchieUD
    ArchieUD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

This fight is terrifying. Shogun isn't on the decline, as much as people want to believe he is, he's just inconsistent; he's been equally bad for the last couple of years, and has stayed stable. Chael is probably on a decline, mentally and physically, but there's no way to confirm this; it's not like he's losing to cans. Shogun's sweeps and his knockout power are scary stuff. Shogun's obviously one of the best, if not the best, kickers in the division, but Chael might actually be the better technical boxer here. Shogun's hands almost always look bad.

I don't usually avoid fights, and I try to bet on almost every line I see on any given card, but I may stay away from this.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I think what Shogun has been consistent about is needing time to find his range, and relying more on his hands than his kicks. Training with roach and the threat of Sonnens aggressive takedown game is not making me more confident he will utilize his kicks enough this fight either.

Beelzebubzy

Shogun sub of night or ko o night

Is it a fiver rounder?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Shogun sub of night or ko o night

Is it a fiver rounder?
    Yup.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I don't usually avoid fights, and I try to bet on almost every line I see on any given card.
    Remember when I said you might be overstating your edge?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Remember when I said you might be overstating your edge?
    I handicap every fight on each card when I have the time, no reason not to bet a line if I think it's off and I handicapped it.

First 123 Last