Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

From sherdog...

Barry on TheMMAHour Radio
    - Trained half in Minnesota (Greg Nelson) and half at Grudge in Denver (Trevor Wittman)
    - got my first armbar against a HW purple belt in a BJJ tournament
    - Jordan is the same height as me for once
    - Jordan is strong and his speed is deceiving
    - He's supposedly a wrestler but he has 10 KO's
    - We'll be friends while we're fighting
    - We're going to go at it until someone falls asleep
    - I have 2 losses, so now it's time for 2 wins
    - Mom is sick, this 8 week training camp has been stressful
    - She was in the hospital for 22 days, they can't figure out what's wrong with her
    - Then my step dad fainted, he has step 2 diabetes
    - Then I sprained my neck for 2 weeks, couldn't move it
    - Then I pulled a hamstring, then I got a splinter in my foot
    - The world has been telling me to cancel this fight for 8 weeks
    - So that's why I want to fight, because the world is telling me not too

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

I did think of that, but if shields gets his ass kicked I'm even...where the Ko/tko bet would lose. You don't have to like every play. I didn't like when people were telling me how great nogs boxing was last week after I said werdum would finish him. I got over it and just let the fight take place...

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    From sherdog...

Barry on TheMMAHour Radio
    - Trained half in Minnesota (Greg Nelson) and half at Grudge in Denver (Trevor Wittman)
    - got my first armbar against a HW purple belt in a BJJ tournament
    - Jordan is the same height as me for once
    - Jordan is strong and his speed is deceiving
    - He's supposedly a wrestler but he has 10 KO's
    - We'll be friends while we're fighting
    - We're going to go at it until someone falls asleep
    - I have 2 losses, so now it's time for 2 wins
    - Mom is sick, this 8 week training camp has been stressful
    - She was in the hospital for 22 days, they can't figure out what's wrong with her
    - Then I sprained my neck for 2 weeks, couldn't move it
    - Then I pulled a hamstring, then I got a splinter in my foot
    - The world has been telling me to cancel this fight for 8 weeks
    - So that's why I want to fight, because the world is telling me not too
    On Jordan here. Need to make some cash back after that calcifying fock Nog focked me. Been turning tricks the last week to make some back. Got a horrendous rash on my taint from that pink thong. Didn't wash the shit for a week. Fock me.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellas433 View Post
    I did think of that, but if shields gets his ass kicked I'm even...where the Ko/tko bet would lose. You don't have to like every play. I didn't like when people were telling me how great nogs boxing was last week after I said werdum would finish him. I got over it and just let the fight take place...
    It's all good, fella

goodfellas433

It is all good. I hope shields gives Woodley a giant gash with some massive helbow so I can come in here and tell you guys to kiss my ass Lmao.
    But its unlikely.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

From sherdog...

did he really say "step 2" diabetes? lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha not sure

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

It is all good. I hope shields gives Woodley a giant gash with some massive helbow so I can come in here and tell you guys to kiss my ass Lmao.
    But its unlikely.
    If you think making money from a bet makes it a good bet, we'll be the ones laughing bro.

goodfellas433

Guess that's why you are a pro and I'm not.
    Because if I make money from a bet, I always think it was a good bet. I could give a fock who laughs.

I took my kids to Disneyworld this year with money from plays I'm sure you think suck. It's ok.

goodfellas433

Robbie Lawler by Ko over koscheck, prob wasn't a good play by your standards....but Im a Wildman I guess. Instead of telling people their plays suck why don't you tell me a good one? Is it just easier this way?

MD

Robbie Lawler by Ko over koscheck, prob wasn't a good play by your standards....but Im a Wildman I guess. Instead of telling people their plays suck why don't you tell me a good one? Is it just easier this way?
    I was on Lawler by KO in that fight actually.

Also, no one is criticizing you for taking a side, we're criticizing you for making a bad bet. No one is likely to criticize you for being on Shields, a lot of people are likely to criticize you for betting Not Shields Sub and Shields ITD as you did.

goodfellas433

Ok, well its one play on an upcoming card...normally I don't try this stupid trickery prop shit, not even sure why I thought to try it. Now tell me something good. Davis itd? Evans by decision? Be a mentor!

MD

Ok, well its one play on an upcoming card...normally I don't try this stupid trickery prop shit, not even sure why I thought to try it. Now tell me something good. Davis itd? Evans by decision? Be a mentor!
    I just told you something good. People these days.

goodfellas433

Sigh. Are you this serious all the time?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

MD is serious moderate-to-large amounts of the time
    Points Awarded:

Educ8d Degener8 gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Beelzebubzy gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

To be fair to MD, I think he's been rather amicable lately.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

MD is serious moderate-to-large amounts of the time
    Gabers wrote that?

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Just saw the fight week photos the ufc has been posting, looks like rosi Sexton added a lot of weight for the fight.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    To be fair to MD, I think he's been rather amicable lately.
    I like MD. He makes me look like a nice guy.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

I think Miocic isn't going to be an easy fight for roy

roys overhand power hand usually works on guys who are significantly taller than him and guys who throw looping wide punches

miocic style is similar to velasquez he keeps his punches tight and aimed toward the middle so Roy i think will have to get this one on the ground and use his belly to keep miocic on his back and exhaust him from there he could crucifix him and get a sub.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    I think Miocic isn't going to be an easy fight for roy

roys overhand power hand usually works on guys who are significantly taller than him and guys who throw looping wide punches

miocic style is similar to velasquez he keeps his punches tight and aimed toward the middle so Roy i think will have to get this one on the ground and use his belly to keep miocic on his back and exhaust him from there he could crucifix him and get a sub.
    Miocic, from what he has shown against admittedly limited opposition, may be one of the best wrestlers in the heavyweight division. I doubt Roy goes the takedown route here.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Miocic, from what he has shown against admittedly limited opposition, may be one of the best wrestlers in the heavyweight division. I doubt Roy goes the takedown route here.
    He takes his opponents down when he has them hurt, he's not going to rock Roy but he will tag him here and there, Roy will push forward eventually they'll clinch up where Roy could trip Miocic to the ground. He's only shown good wrestling against mid tier opponents and only uses his takedowns after he lands a combination. If anything Roy will take Miocic down and not the other way around.

MD

He takes his opponents down when he has them hurt, he's not going to rock Roy but he will tag him here and there, Roy will push forward eventually they'll clinch up where Roy could trip Miocic to the ground. He's only shown good wrestling against mid tier opponents and only uses his takedowns after he lands a combination. If anything Roy will take Miocic down and not the other way around.
    Strongly disagree. He took Beltran down pretty much whenever he felt like it. He has a tendency to get tagged and then shoot for single-legs.

Imsmarterthanu

Strongly disagree. He took Beltran down pretty much whenever he felt like it. He has a tendency to get tagged and then shoot for single-legs.
    lol at beltran after you said beltran the whole premise of your argument dissipated into nothing

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol, Roy got outwrestled by Frank penetrating Mir and you think he will take down Stipe? Roy has very poor clinchwork and wrestling while Stipe is solid in both aspects. Roy's route to victory is Stipe's poor fight IQ and lack of head movement enabling Roy to land a big OHR. Not through Roy landing trips in the clinch and working his top game.

MD

lol at beltran after you said beltran the whole premise of your argument dissipated into nothing
    It isn't about the quality of fighter, it's about his tactics. He chose to take Beltran down without first "landing combinations".

Imsmarterthanu

It isn't about the quality of fighter, it's about his tactics. He chose to take Beltran down without first "landing combinations".
    he chose to take beltran down because hes fuking joey beltran not cain velasquez ok ? he's a fukn tomato can fighter with no wrestling and no ground game

MD

he chose to take beltran down because hes fuking joey beltran not cain velasquez ok ? he's a fukn tomato can fighter with no wrestling and no ground game
    Again, you said this:

And I pointed out that he shot in and took down Beltran without set-up more than once. Do you see what my point is now? It doesn't matter how good Beltran is, the point is that he isn't afraid to shoot for takedowns when he feels that it's the optimal strategy.

Imsmarterthanu

Again, you said this:

And I pointed out that he shot in and took down Beltran without set-up more than once. Do you see what my point is now? It doesn't matter how good Beltran is, the point is that he isn't afraid to shoot for takedowns when he feels that it's the optimal strategy.
    your point is flawed because your point relies on one fighter and this is mixed martial arts where every fighter differs from the other so taking one fighter down at will means literally nothing when that one fighter's skill set compares nothing to the other. Are you really that ignorant where you actually believe that just because Joey Beltran got taken down by Miocic that Miocic would do the same to Roy Nelson ?

well i guess you are because that's your flawed argument

you lose pal

MD

your point is flawed because your point relies on one fighter and this is mixed martial arts where every fighter differs from the other so taking one fighter down at will means literally nothing when that one fighter's skill set compares nothing to the other. Are you really that ignorant where you actually believe that just because Joey Beltran got taken down by Miocic that Miocic would do the same to Roy Nelson ?

well i guess you are because that's your flawed argument

you lose pal
    The point is and has always been that you said Miocic always goes for takedowns after combinations, and I gave you an example of a fight where he went for takedowns without using combinations first. Stop trying to dodge because you made a bad analysis pal. Try watching some fight footage before making ignorant claims.

DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

Why is nobody talking about the UFC debut of James Krause? I mean c'mon his nick name is "The James Krause"! Krause coming off a jab-fest destruction of Toby Imada in January and with 8 submissions to his credit. I think he brings a definite threat. His range may prove tough for Stout if he keeps that jab in his face all night. Stout might be the more experienced and stronger fighter, which he could use to his advantage by backing Krause up and bullying him against the cage, but I think there is legitimate value in a +456 ITD for Krause and a +210 just to win. I'll be playing both. Anyone care to share thoughts on this? I did hedge with Stout in a large parlay just in case

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

Where did you see his recent destruction of Toby Imada? I saw part of their first fight on dailymotion, where for such a tall LW Krause wasn't striking so effectively. He got taken down off a kick which he was throwing with his hands low.

I'm off to watch some footage of Krause now, but I've only got footage from years back, no recent fights.

DSSCA

Quote Originally Posted by varkolek View Post
    Where did you see his recent destruction of Toby Imada? I saw part of their first fight on dailymotion, where for such a tall LW Krause wasn't striking so effectively. He got taken down off a kick which he was throwing with his hands low.

I'm off to watch some footage of Krause now, but I've only got footage from years back, no recent fights.
    Downloaded the torrent off a private site. Krause is a much better striker than he used to be. He used his range very well in the 2nd fight. He still backs up with his hands low, which of course leaves him open for a KO but his footwork looks good and can establish range while if the fight goes to the ground, will be a threat for submissions.

DSSCA

Quote Originally Posted by varkolek View Post
    Where did you see his recent destruction of Toby Imada?
    Check your PM's.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by DSSCA View Post
    Why is nobody talking about the UFC debut of James Krause? I mean c'mon his nick name is "The James Krause"! Krause coming off a jab-fest destruction of Toby Imada in January and with 8 submissions to his credit. I think he brings a definite threat. His range may prove tough for Stout if he keeps that jab in his face all night. Stout might be the more experienced and stronger fighter, which he could use to his advantage by backing Krause up and bullying him against the cage, but I think there is legitimate value in a +456 ITD for Krause and a +210 just to win. I'll be playing both. Anyone care to share thoughts on this? I did hedge with Stout in a large parlay just in case
    Shall make the obvious statement that it very hard to finish Stout!

First 123456 ... Last