imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

Any Value on Mark Hunt?

+320 on Mark Hunt. Might throw a small play on this. Anyone agree or am I just being my usual retarded self?

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The general idea here seems to be that if Junior doesn't want to play ball with Mark, the chances are slim. As in, Junior might look to take this to the ground and avoid the kicking and punching and all that other meanie business these people do when they stand up and look mean and stuff like that. Also not that I am speaking for everyone else here, but from what I've looked most seem to think JDS will probably get the decision if it goes to that.

If you subscribe to the idea of Mark Hunt winning this fight and any of the above, I'd guess the better idea would be playing Hunt by KO/TKO?

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I believe it's going to be a very similar to: Dos Santos vs. Carwin

Hunt isn't fast enough. Dos Santos would really have to make some serious mistakes.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

I made a little write up in the 160 thread. The line is off, but I'm not sure Hunto will win this. When has Junior proven to have a good, or even decent ground game? I know there is all the blackbelt hype and what not, but we have actually seen Hunto go to the ground and do alright. The pimp tried to go for Fedors arm for god sake.

If its going to happen, it's going to be by knockdown into Atomic Buttdrop, who crushes Juniors skull, round 2. We might witness the first death in the octagon.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    +320 on Mark Hunt. Might throw a small play on this. Anyone agree or am I just being my usual retarded self?
    Strongly disagree.

JDS -3.5 at -270 is the play here.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    I made a little write up in the 160 thread. The line is off, but I'm not sure Hunto will win this. When has Junior proven to have a good, or even decent ground game? I know there is all the blackbelt hype and what not, but we have actually seen Hunto go to the ground and do alright. The pimp tried to go for Fedors arm for god sake.

If its going to happen, it's going to be by knockdown into Atomic Buttdrop, who crushes Juniors skull, round 2. We might witness the first death in the octagon.
    Im a hunto believer

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Strongly disagree.

JDS -3.5 at -270 is the play here.
    Boooooooooooooooo

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

mark hunt has a good shot standing but it all depends on how good juniors jitz game really is

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

I don't think it is a stupid bet. Hunt has a clear path to Victory in this fight.

I believe most of the fight will be on the feet with JDS doing a "bisping" on Hunt, out moving and out landing , this will be interspersed with moments of Hunt landing maybe rocking JDS a couple of times.

Hunt showed the ability to throw power punches even when completely gassed out. Hunt will have 15 minutes to find his opening on JDS, Theres lots of other things to consider . I personally love to bet against fighters coming off title fight loses and JDS took a straight up beating for 25 minutes against Cain. How is JDS going to take this loss? . Hunt on the other hand is on a Career Peak coming off 4 straight wins and has momentum on his side.

I think JDS Decision + Hunt straight are the bets here

mirinquads

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--uf...181312353.html

Cringed reading this. Can't be healthy mentally or physically. It aint that long since the Cain fight, and he got the absolute piss beat out of him.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by snufflyjoe View Post
    I don't think it is a stupid bet. Hunt has a clear path to Victory in this fight.

I believe most of the fight will be on the feet with JDS doing a "bisping" on Hunt, out moving and out landing , this will be interspersed with moments of Hunt landing maybe rocking JDS a couple of times.

Hunt showed the ability to throw power punches even when completely gassed out. Hunt will have 15 minutes to find his opening on JDS, Theres lots of other things to consider . I personally love to bet against fighters coming off title fight loses and JDS took a straight up beating for 25 minutes against Cain. How is JDS going to take this loss? . Hunt on the other hand is on a Career Peak coming off 4 straight wins and has momentum on his side.

I think JDS Decision + Hunt straight are the bets here
    ...???

Have you ever seen a PRIDE show?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--uf...181312353.html

Cringed reading this. Can't be healthy mentally or physically. It aint that long since the Cain fight, and he got the absolute piss beat out of him.
    guy just divorced his wife, right? he's probably in a good place mentally. lol.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I agree. So many fighters loose after title loss. Just look at diaz. Worst loss in his career came after the title loss.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

No way in hell hunt wins if it goes to decision. Junior Dos Santos going to kill hunt IMO. Hunt has heavy hands but JDS is smarter and will avenge his loss to velasquez.

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

JDS should win but honestly he's soft. He's mentally weak and had no excuse for not showing up in his last fight. Mark Hunt, however, is just fat with an iron chin and heavy hands. Either way, there's a lot of value on Hunt inside the distance.

BTW, didn't JDS almost die from a medical condition or something?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    mark hunt has a good shot standing but it all depends on how good juniors jitz game really is
    i think it has more to do with Hunts gas tank. All the **** problems who knows if he was training. He might gas after the first round. If Junior loses this i think he better forget about fighting either of the Klitzco's lol.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

vi-sa is banned now or is that some kind of curse word in Armenia?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Which is a bigger meme on SBR? That JDS is an unstoppable knockout machine who can beat anyone on the feet despite being dominated there in his last fight, or that Mark Hunt is a big fat brawler like Big Country?

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    do you mean cause his wife looks like joey buttafucco?

cause half the niqqas here be cuffin them hoes

bragging about how they brought their hemorrhoid cushion to their anniversary dinner

cause they were grinding the micro limit tables too long

mirinquads

Name:  aha.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  67.4 KB

But Hunt can beat JDS on the feet, we aren't just talking about a 'lucky' knockout here. JDS is going to get touched in this fight if it stays on the feet. Has shown a good chin but against who? Cain 'Softtouch' Velasquez? If Mark Hunt hit Junior with a couple of the same shots Cain did, he would have been going home in an ambulance.

And its not like Hunto just topples over if you try and take him down. 70%ish takedown defense rate.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Yeah, but that looks like an upgrade divorce, not a please don't leave me divorce.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    I agree. So many fighters loose after title loss. Just look at diaz. Worst loss in his career came after the title loss.
    Hardy
    condit
    hohominicj okami Edgar sonnen
    diaz Nate
    nick Diaz

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Hardy
    condit
    hohominicj okami Edgar sonnen
    diaz Nate
    nick Diaz
    None of those guys except Edgar were champions. I think JDS learned from the loss.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    ...???

Have you ever seen a PRIDE show?
    Yes.

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    None of those guys except Edgar were champions. I think JDS learned from the loss.
    I learned in that fight that JDS is soft

mirinquads

Well he did stay in there all 5 rounds...

3225+ hunto sub, any takers? Might lock up a kimura like he almost had on fedor

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I subscribe to the idea that Hunt has value. JDS is a prideful guy and if he is going to spout off about beating the Klitch bros....he better stand with Mark Hunt. If he does I think it is a real close fight. JDS is long with his punches, and has better footwork and speed. But that doesn't always mean the most. People fail to realize how good Hunt is at slipping a punch and countering. He baits fighters into throwing certain strikes, then counters nicely. Problem with that is JDS biggest weakness is when he is put on his heels...like Cain said in the countdown...JDS throws few strikes when he is backed up, so Cain came forward all the time. Hunt really isn't that fighter. He will stand and trade, but not really walk you down.

But at HW? I see it at +370 now. I think it is worth a small shot. Hunt has seen better strikers than JDS in his career. Not sure if the clock will strike midnight or not, but Hunt's overall game seems to get better each fight as well.

I do like JDS by dec as well tho. We keep hearing about his ground game, but we have never seen it. Even if he gets Hunt down, I think Hunt may get up a few times quickly. I doubt JDS drops/finishes Hunt standing...at HW anything can happen...I just don't see that happening as often as the books or fans seem to think. Hunt's jaw is no joke. And JDS isn't the finisher people make him out to be.

mirinquads

Hunto has never given a shit about tranning before, even worse then BJ in that regard.

He does now.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    JDS should win but honestly he's soft. He's mentally weak and had no excuse for not showing up in his last fight. Mark Hunt, however, is just fat with an iron chin and heavy hands. Either way, there's a lot of value on Hunt inside the distance.

BTW, didn't JDS almost die from a medical condition or something?
    surely if he was that soft and mentally weak he wouldnt of lasted 5 rounds with Cain?!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I subscribe to the idea that Hunt has value. JDS is a prideful guy and if he is going to spout off about beating the Klitch bros....he better stand with Mark Hunt. If he does I think it is a real close fight. JDS is long with his punches, and has better footwork and speed. But that doesn't always mean the most. People fail to realize how good Hunt is at slipping a punch and countering. He baits fighters into throwing certain strikes, then counters nicely. Problem with that is JDS biggest weakness is when he is put on his heels...like Cain said in the countdown...JDS throws few strikes when he is backed up, so Cain came forward all the time. Hunt really isn't that fighter. He will stand and trade, but not really walk you down.

But at HW? I see it at +370 now. I think it is worth a small shot. Hunt has seen better strikers than JDS in his career. Not sure if the clock will strike midnight or not, but Hunt's overall game seems to get better each fight as well.

I do like JDS by dec as well tho. We keep hearing about his ground game, but we have never seen it. Even if he gets Hunt down, I think Hunt may get up a few times quickly. I doubt JDS drops/finishes Hunt standing...at HW anything can happen...I just don't see that happening as often as the books or fans seem to think. Hunt's jaw is no joke. And JDS isn't the finisher people make him out to be.
    Yep, you say you want to fight the klitchoko's then try to go ncaa on mark hunt that is not a good look