sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

OFFICIAL UFC 160 thread

jesus christ if you start a personal pick thread dont name it the same name as the event.

Noob city on sbr

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

My most heavily bet card in a long time, I like a lot of the favorites here, but more than that, there are some ridiculously juicy props out right now.

Sacrelicious

I'm on Grant +180, Tex/Te Huna does not go distance -150, flier on Grant ITD +425, Tex -280, Cain ITD -475, Cain SU closes my parlays at -600, JDS ITD -155, Cerrone -300, and a bunch of other crap.

I will be posting all my plays in my thread, I think this card is loaded with value.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

I like grant too

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    I like grant too
    Yeah I think its a solid play, the ITD play is just a tiny addition. Maynard is packing on those fighter years pretty hard, he is aging and looking less and less impressive with each fight.

Sacrelicious

I'm waiting for one or two props to be released that will likely have an insane amount of value.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

I thought I was the only one thinking Grant will probably end up betting him on fight night. I also kind of like Te Huna I just dont think this Glover guy is the killer everyone is saying he is, he made Rampage look like hard work, last possible upset I see if the odds see it like that is Nah Shon over Thompson.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    I'm on Grant +180, Tex/Te Huna does not go distance -150, flier on Grant ITD +425, Tex -280, Cain ITD -475, Cain SU closes my parlays at -600, JDS ITD -155, Cerrone -300, and a bunch of other crap.

I will be posting all my plays in my thread, I think this card is loaded with value.
    Like all of these besides JDS ITD and maybe Cerrone at that high. JDS will have to take him down and sub him (not a tall feat) but he has never done that at far as I know. I like JDS by dec actually at almost +200. Cerrone sometimes fights dumb, he can still beat Noons in a straight striking exchange, but chances go up for Noons if there isn't much grappling. Not sure if Cerrone is worth -300. But I agree, tons of value/interesting plays on this card. Especially props.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    I thought I was the only one thinking Grant will probably end up betting him on fight night. I also kind of like Te Huna I just dont think this Glover guy is the killer everyone is saying he is, he made Rampage look like hard work, last possible upset I see if the odds see it like that is Nah Shon over Thompson.
    Killer maybe not. But he is very well-rounded and has a solid chin. I like Te Huna, but not overly impressed with him. He had a hell of a time with Jimmo and had to resort to wrestling to get that win. He can't wrestle Tex, Tex can wrestle and control him if he wants. And if Jimmo gave Te Huna that much problem on the feet....Tex can too. It is a fun fight, but Tex is just better in every area. I may be too high on Tex, but I think he is just as good as most anyone at 205 besides Machida and Bones. Te Huna's little run may come to an end as Tex will easily be the best guy he has seen in a while.

Sykes

FOTN material for sure.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Maynard is about as elite as fighters get. He's as good as most champions pound-for-pound and there's no fighter at 155 or below who should dominate him, except maybe Aldo. Out-boxing Diaz and out-wrestling Edgar and Florian are no easy feats. I'm sort of hoping Grant can stop Maynard's wrestling and beat him on the feet, though, because then I'd pound Grant against Bendo. He probably won't, though. I'll probably be on Maynard.

Sykes

The problem with him is he looks like he should easily take the head off people but does not, instead he lets little Frankie knock him out, he will probably look great this weekend but I personally think hes on the down rather than up.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Maynard is about as elite as fighters get. He's as good as most champions pound-for-pound and there's no fighter at 155 or below who should dominate him, except maybe Aldo. Out-boxing Diaz and out-wrestling Edgar and Florian are no easy feats. I'm sort of hoping Grant can stop Maynard's wrestling and beat him on the feet, though, because then I'd pound Grant against Bendo. He probably won't, though. I'll probably be on Maynard.
    maynard is falling apart though, I think he has an injury on every major part of his body

MD

maynard is falling apart though, I think he has an injury on every major part of his body
    That's true. He's ageing and he's injury-ridden, but he's still an amazing fighter and, most importantly, he's still mentally there. He still wants to be a champion and believes that he can be. He called out Anthony Pettis after seeing him KO Cerrone. How many lightweights would do that? He's hungry, and his body may fail him a bit, but mentally, he's incredibly strong.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Here we fukin go. I said earlier today that this fight looks like the one which will be rigged by a shit decision. I love Grant in this fight and so does everyone else. A nice dog also. Grant wins by Ko or he is fuked. Good luck fellas. No bet for me. Takedowns will count big time in this one when all the money is on Grant. I can see it now. Grant has him stunned. Grant almost has him out. What a round by Grant. Gray stumbles into a late takedown. 10-8 Gray 1st round. Then Dunham asked in a tweet "why didn't take downs count in my fight"?

Thor4140

jesus christ if you start a personal pick thread dont name it the same name as the event.

Noob city on sbr
    What a fukin abortion that thread is. I read it once and almost puked from all the shit in the OP's post.

Thor4140

Florian is not a wrestler and if he out wrestled Edgar i sure as hell didn't see it. What i recall is edgar almost breakin his neck a few times. When did he outbox Diaz Lots think he lost that fight as well as the Guida fight

Thor4140

I like grant too
    Becareful with this Loader. U have a little more brains than most of these guys. Five rounder i would take a shot at Grant. Three it could easily go the distance and than the bullshit starts.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

out boxing Diaz is debatable...i remember plenty of people feeling like Nate should be up 2-0 vs Gray...he may have out wrestled Frankie in their 1st fight but the wrestling has almost been almost non existant in Maynards last 3 fights...seems like hes been far more content to stand and trade...long lay off...injuries...grant on the come up...gray possibly on the decline...idk...grant might be the move here especially if gray gets late action pumping TJ to +200 odds...

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Florian is not a wrestler and if he out wrestled Edgar i sure as hell didn't see it. What i recall is edgar almost breakin his neck a few times. When did he outbox Diaz Lots think he lost that fight as well as the Guida fight
    He out-boxed Diaz that time when they, you know, fought. I had it 29-28 Maynard. Diaz landed more, but Maynard landed cleaner, more effective shots; that was my impression at the time. Not only that, but Maynard didn't shoot for a single takedown, while Diaz tried to take Maynard down three times, and still lost. Uhm, you've never seen him out-wrestle Edgar? Must not be much of an MMA watcher then bruhv. Of their three fights, the only one where Edgar had success with his wrestling was the second, and they both landed the same amount of takedowns in that fight, although Edgar had a higher percentage. Edgar was 0-11 on takedowns in their third fight, and Maynard was 9-1 for takedowns in their first fight. Edgar's one of the most outstanding wrestlers in MMA, and he could do nothing with Maynard for the most part. Maynard had a big size edge, however, which says a lot about how good a wrestler Frankie is.

It would make a lot of MMA fans visibly angry to suggest that Maynard lost the Guida fight. A lot of people had it 50-45 Maynard, and some of the more outlandish amongst them gave Maynard a bunch of 10-8 rounds. I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest it was a bad decision, even more so to suggest that it reflects on Maynard poorly. He showed improved cardio in a five-round fight where he threw close to 250 strikes and shot for 9 takedowns. I thought it was a pretty good performance if anything, all things considered.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    out boxing Diaz is debatable...i remember plenty of people feeling like Nate should be up 2-0 vs Gray...he may have out wrestled Frankie in their 1st fight but the wrestling has almost been almost non existant in Maynards last 3 fights...seems like hes been far more content to stand and trade...long lay off...injuries...grant on the come up...gray possibly on the decline...idk...grant might be the move here especially if gray gets late action pumping TJ to +200 odds...
    I'd consider Gray a relatively high-IQ fighter; not the highest, but above the norm. If things don't go well in the stand-up I think he'll go for takedowns close to 100% of the time. Keep in mind, he tried to take Guida down nine times, even though he must have felt like he was doing well in the stand-up in that fight.

I definitely see the argument for a Grant play at dog odds, but I really rate Maynard highly, and I'm not sure Grant is on his level. Maynard is an unbelievably good fighter, and while Grant has a lot of potential (arguably should have gotten the nod against Hendricks, or at least a draw), I'm not sure he's at that level yet.

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^ on point. Maynard is VERY legit... He's smart money and really a top tier guy.

whipton
    whipton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    What a fukin abortion that thread is. I read it once and almost puked from all the shit in the OP's post.
    you should go see a doctor it sounds like you have an unusually weak stomach.

grant has no TDD and gray has maybe the best double leg in the LW division. unless TJ can work a sweep from his guard i think gray is taking the Decision with ease.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by whipton View Post

grant has no TDD and gray has maybe the best double leg in the LW division. unless TJ can work a sweep from his guard i think gray is taking the Decision with ease.
    i was on the fence, but now Im definitely putting some number 2 value meal money on grant

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

tj has nasty subs tho...the majority of them were prior to him joining the UFC but tj wont be completely out of his element if he does get taken down...gray has been submitted once b4...something to consider...

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gray Maynard should have no problems giving Grant a beating here. Maynard is better everywhere. He is more focused than ever at AKA and should come ready to take an easy win. Grants most impressive wins are against cans Maynard would have destroyed a lot more decisively. He is not at the same level. This fight is a freebie for Maynard to get that title fight. The UFC is trying to make him look good here by giving him a weak opponent on a winning streak.

whipton

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    The UFC is trying to make him look good here by giving him a weak opponent on a winning streak.
    grant is legit, but maynard is soooooooo underrated it makes me laugh. i had gray winning the 1st first with frankie.....i have this feeling that gray won't even take TJ down til late into the rounds; which worries me. im confident his stand up is better, but he could always get caught.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Gray Maynard should have no problems giving Grant a beating here. Maynard is better everywhere. He is more focused than ever at AKA and should come ready to take an easy win. Grants most impressive wins are against cans Maynard would have destroyed a lot more decisively. He is not at the same level. This fight is a freebie for Maynard to get that title fight. The UFC is trying to make him look good here by giving him a weak opponent on a winning streak.
    lmao kiss of death

MD

grant is legit, but maynard is soooooooo underrated it makes me laugh. i had gray winning the 1st first with frankie.....i have this feeling that gray won't even take TJ down til late into the rounds; which worries me. im confident his stand up is better, but he could always get caught.
    Lol...

whipton

Lol...
    Oops I mean the 2nd

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

He out-boxed Diaz that time when they, you know, fought. I had it 29-28 Maynard. Diaz landed more, but Maynard landed cleaner, more effective shots; that was my impression at the time. Not only that, but Maynard didn't shoot for a single takedown, while Diaz tried to take Maynard down three times, and still lost. Uhm, you've never seen him out-wrestle Edgar? Must not be much of an MMA watcher then bruhv. Of their three fights, the only one where Edgar had success with his wrestling was the second, and they both landed the same amount of takedowns in that fight, although Edgar had a higher percentage. Edgar was 0-11 on takedowns in their third fight, and Maynard was 9-1 for takedowns in their first fight. Edgar's one of the most outstanding wrestlers in MMA, and he could do nothing with Maynard for the most part. Maynard had a big size edge, however, which says a lot about how good a wrestler Frankie is.

It would make a lot of MMA fans visibly angry to suggest that Maynard lost the Guida fight. A lot of people had it 50-45 Maynard, and some of the more outlandish amongst them gave Maynard a bunch of 10-8 rounds. I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest it was a bad decision, even more so to suggest that it reflects on Maynard poorly. He showed improved cardio in a five-round fight where he threw close to 250 strikes and shot for 9 takedowns. I thought it was a pretty good performance if anything, all things considered.
    Gray took frankie down 9 times in tht first fight? Dammmm homie

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ha actually course he did! I was thinking of their second fight!

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Maynard probably has this. Grant does his best work in the clinch, where you dont really want to be with Maynard, especially a Maynard who wants to wrestle. Thing is I predict Maynard is going to want to use his "improved powerful striking" and be "outstruck soundly" in the first round, or at least part of it, enough that it likely goes to Grant. Grants striking output is crazy high, especially after he has gone into the new focused muay thai wrecking machine mode.
    After the first Maynard will hopefully go into full on wrestling mode. And I don't think Grants takedown defense is up to snuff, in fact it seems fairly lacklustre. The thing however is that Maynard showed him self to be slow and lacklustre footwork last fight against Guida. He should have been able to cut off the cage and stop the running, instead he just plodded forward and waved matrix hands and come at me bro gestures. This could prove his undoing against Grant if he gasses in the third, which he has shown to be prone to before, and especially now with the numerous injuries. He might get picked apart by superior striking output. The guy is 34. Almost an old Dinosaur trying to make it in the jungle. Dudes striking is powerful, but not especially technically sound or accurate.
    Tj Grant is taller and with the slight reach advantage. And we can't forget his skill on the ground either. Maynard has crazy good top control, but he can't get lazy or he will get something broken. Can't stress how focused and motivated Grant has looked though, absolutely destroyed Wiman, whos hot and cold yes, but usually a solid opponent.
    I guess we will see if Thoranus is right and the fix is in. I might actually stay away from this one, or take a stab at Grant.

I want to see Grant win though, as Bendo would dominate (read: win a closely contested decision over) Maynard, but Grand has a much better shot at taking him out style wise. Would be funny to see Grant as champion.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by raag View Post
    ^^ on point. Maynard is VERY legit... He's smart money and really a top tier guy.
    would you just stfu, 15 posts and not a single thought but sucking MD dick.

"smart money" "top tier guy" no shit sherlock that is why he's a favorite. Guarantee MD posts he likes grant you would've said the same thing.

MD stop helping these noobs you are only taking money out of your pocket.
    Last edited by sideloaded; 05-21-13 at 07:05 AM.
    Points Awarded:

raag gave sideloaded 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Rubber Guard

Tough fight to call. I agree that Maynard is about as good of a fighter there is that isn't a division champ. But I think the line it tight. Grant has momentum on his side and have been impressed with him. Maynard should be too much for him, but being out that long, I'll pass on this fight all together.

1234 ... Last