Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Pat Healy tested positive for Marijuana at UFC 159. Gonna cost him big.

$130,000

Hope it was worth it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Some sweet OG kush my niqqa.. Def worth it

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Tired of these idiots apologizing for it. At least Diaz smokes with pride.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grabaka

Kermit

I have nothing against marijuana usage, but Jesus Christ, if keeping your job requires you not to smoke it, then don't smoke it. It will never be allowed to be in a fighter's system in a fight, ever.
    Last edited by Kermit; 05-15-13 at 04:16 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Disobedience to tyrants is obedience to god.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Disobedience to tyrants is obedience to god.
    --Thomas Jefferson
    Marijuana is devil weed! It's a drug not a plant! The rumor that humans have used this stuff for thousands of years is a conspiracy theory. Look at the places in the world where it has been decriminalized like B.C. and Amsterdam, there are drive by shooting's everyday! Gang's killing each other over turf! Innocent children being killed in the crossfire! Violence, political corruption, banks like HSBC and Wachovia laundering hundreds of billions in drug money for Mexican drug cartels...... Oops, or does all this stuff happen where Sweet Mary Jane is illegal?

Kermit

The main problem is that weed has a different effect on everyone. Say the U.S. legalizes weed everywhere, do you think that it is a good idea to say that it is ok to fight with it in your system? Sure maybe a guy smoked it 2 weeks ago and it isn't doing anything to him now, but is it fair that now your opponent can toke up before he comes out to the cage? I personally don't think that it is very safe to fight while you are high.

I've smoked weed before and always enjoyed it, but I also have some friends who acted differently when high. About 10 years ago we had a huge local softball game/tourney and a bunch of us were smoking while playing and I have to admit, it was the biggest mess of a games ever. I mean there were people striking out. At slowpitch softball. Some other guys didn't miss a beat though.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Of course they shouldn't be able to toke right before the fight. Just like you can't drink coffee before the fight just because its legal.

Hope it was a good smoke though, Healy.

Seriously though these fighters need to stand up to the commission about this. It's pants on head retarded that METABOLITES can damage you and your career like this. It makes no penetrating difference fight wise.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

That's stupid marijuana isn't performance enhancing especially after the high wears off. Whoever made these rules up and labeled marijuana performance enhancing is a penetrating retard and i hope he or she dies.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    That's stupid marijuana isn't performance enhancing especially after the high wears off. Whoever made these rules up and labeled marijuana performance enhancing is a penetrating retard and i hope he or she dies.
    That's just it though, there has got to be a line drawn somewhere. You have to have some type of rule in effect somewhere. How do you determine if a guy is fighting stoned or not? Say one guys smokes 2 days before a fight and his opponent smokes back in the locker room and is blazed during the fight?

There is too much risk to the overall organization in letting fighters fight if they would happen to be high.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

And people wonder why no one takes UFC fans seriously.

Kermit

All it would take is ONE guy getting hurt or some crazy shit happening in a fight and them linking it to marijuana. And the firestorm would be certain to follow with someone having to answer for it. It's just not worth the risk to make it legal for fighting regardless if it helps, hurts, or does nothing to the fighter that does it.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

It is a ridiculous banned substance. But Healy knows the rules here. Smoke all you want...these guys burn fat so much that they can toke right up to 2 weeks before test time. But why not add the an extra week just to be sure?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    It is a ridiculous banned substance. But Healy knows the rules here. Smoke all you want...these guys burn fat so much that they can toke right up to 2 weeks before test time. But why not add the an extra week just to be sure?
    I agree. These guys know the rules. At least Healy still has a job. I wokred for a company for 15 years and seen 3 people fired over testing positive for pot, no second chances, no nothing. It was right there in the orientation packet and they singed it. I am sure Healy's contract said the same exact thing. The only reason it is a banned substance is because of the "You just never know" factor. Well that and the fact that is illegal in most states.

Kermit

My bad, I didn't know that this was already posted.

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jim Miller needs to stay the hell away from stoners

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    And people wonder why no one takes UFC fans seriously.
    no one ? oh you mean you

yea you're definitely no one

MD

no one ? oh you mean you

haha das a gud one imsmarterthanu

i cant stop lafing lol haha

Ron_Paul_2012

no one ? oh you mean you

MD is someone. Someone with no social life and sits on his ass all day in front of a computer just trolling around. And he wonders why he has sciatica. Hey dumb, dumb. It's from sitting on your bum all day and not getting enough exercise. He must look like a troll as well. sideshow showed a picture of Rocky Dennis (MD). Then all of a sudden MD started to play nice with him.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    MD is someone. Someone with no social life and sits on his ass all day in front of a computer just trolling around. And he wonders why he has sciatica. Hey dumb, dumb. It's from sitting on your bum all day and not getting enough exercise. He must look like a troll as well. sideshow showed a picture of Rocky Dennis (MD). Then all of a sudden MD started to play nice with him.
    Ironically, it's actually from herniating a disc in my back whilst dead lifting.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Ironically, it's actually from herniating a disc in my back whilst dead lifting.
    You've been lifting something that's dead alright. However, pocket pool does not count as exercise.

MD

You've been lifting something that's dead alright. However, pocket pool does not count as exercise.
    Forgive Ron Paul guys. He doesn't know what dead-lifting is because he legitimately believes that muscular guys are just getting massive growths all over their bodies from all of the fluoridated water they're drinking.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Marijuana is devil weed! It's a drug not a plant! The rumor that humans have used this stuff for thousands of years is a conspiracy theory. Look at the places in the world where it has been decriminalized like B.C. and Amsterdam, there are drive by shooting's everyday! Gang's killing each other over turf! Innocent children being killed in the crossfire! Violence, political corruption, banks like HSBC and Wachovia laundering hundreds of billions in drug money for Mexican drug cartels...... Oops, or does all this stuff happen where Sweet Mary Jane is illegal?
    This troll is awful. I bet nobody will claim it as his ghost since its so lame.

Imsmarterthanu

I just think it's shitty that someone gets 130 grand taken away from him just for smoking weed within the past 30 days or so when you have guys in the ufc taking "testosterone replacement therapy" and not getting any shit for it.

wtf that doesn't make any sense in my mind what so ever

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My bad, I didn't know that this was already posted.
    i don't want bleeze to get mad at his monthly post being ignored. Guy gets testy when he has a few drinky's

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i don't want bleeze to get mad at his monthly post being ignored. Guy gets testy when he has a few drinky's
    Actually now reading through that thread I don't see anything about this. Or did you mean that I should have posted this in that thread since it was "May News"? I figured it was a topic that warranted it's own thread.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Actually now reading through that thread I don't see anything about this. Or did you mean that I should have posted this in that thread since it was "May News"? I figured it was a topic that warranted it's own thread.
    If it is not in the mma monthly thread than it sure as heck doesn't deserve its own thread. MOnthly thread is suffering a bit. Maybe Sideloader is right and MMA is dying or Vaughany hogs all the news and puts it in his thread.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

What a joke...Guy is tough as nails....BUT....my god use fake piss....stop getting caught LOL.....was was tested once a month for over a year....never failed....EVER>.....why....I COULDNT AFFORD TO FAIL LOL....idiots...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    If it is not in the mma monthly thread than it sure as heck doesn't deserve its own thread. MOnthly thread is suffering a bit. Maybe Sideloader is right and MMA is dying or Vaughany hogs all the news and puts it in his thread.
    haha

PaperTrail07

dont they usually keep their cash?

PaperTrail07

marijuana is a PED..............FLAT OUT......in a PIE EATING CONTEST LOL....nice comment there.....and if you look, new studys find marijuana also helps maintain proper blood sugar....aka....people who smoke wont be fat as penetrate usually

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    dont they usually keep their cash?
    dont receive bonuses until post fight drug tests are cleared

PaperTrail07

ah gotcha tyty